August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mississaugamom said:
The motion is unanimously carried!!! Emma and ALL the little girls are the Official "Princesses of the Ship of Fools" :love:

Arlene

I guess that makes Estelle the Queen and me the King!

Perdita&Pongo said:
Well, since you asked: ;)

It is pale pink/dusty rose silk, full length with a slit up the back, sleeveless, gentle tone-on-tone embroidery & beading on the bodice, and it has a long 2-layer silk organza wrap that has the same embroidery & beaded toward the ends.

Not as cheap as the $27 one I found, but almost as good: originally $228, marked $74 and then 50% off of that, so it was $37. :cloud9:

Well of course it's good news then, sounds fabulous!

DARLENE: Your're safe! My blueberry wine is from Tomasello's Winery. Since blueberries are a New Jersey crop it is only appropriate that we bring blueberry wine. :drinking1

Just talked to my son about his wedding :groom: & asked him what he is going to do for his honeymoon - no money$, no plans, etc. I offered him the deal that if he didn't have a rehearsal dinner I would pay for them to go to the Poconos :hug: to one of those honeymoon resorts for three nights. He loved :love: that idea but now I am starting to think it wouldn't be appropriate not to have a rehearsal dinner but already booked the honeymoon! They are going to the Penn Hills Resort :love: :love: lots of honeymooners. It would really be nice to be able to afford different dresses, shoes, etc. but the bank is busted :scared1:

Have a good Wednesday. Anyone doing anything for Cinco de Mayo? Disney Dudette Three & I are off to our FAVORITE restaurant "Los Amigos" at 4:00 PM tomorrow for their Cinco De Mayo celebration. Still trying to talk DD#1 to join us. Toodles :wave: :genie: JEANNE

:cat:

Thanks Bob that makes you and I grandparents to ALL the Princesses and Princes of the Ship of Fools. Christmas and Birthdays are going to be expensive and hectic. :worried: :rotfl2:

Lets see good news, I'm thinking of getting the REAS package. Our friends have booked it and I think I'd like to do it too. Now for the question...can you book it thru you TA or do you have to do it directly thru DCL? And can someone post the phone number for DCL, so I can do it that way? TIA.

Other good news, new camera. Oh I got two hats one blue one cream for the trip. They are spf 50. Wide brims so they'll keep off the Sun. Of course I look silly but Phil (if he agrees to wear one) will look even sillier. Spring has come to the Lehigh Valley things are getting green and the trees that flower are blooming.

Prayers and Pixie Dust to everyone today. Hope we are going to have good outcomes for all those with problems.

Oh yeah my lucky TA is in Disneyland enjoying the festivities for the start of the birthday celebration. Wish I was... oh well the cruise is coming.

Estelle :goodvibes

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I may have to disqualify Addison from the princess category as she has been a ROYAL PAIN lately. Love her to death, but she has gone from being the easiest child to "trying" her mommy with everything. I'm staying calm and doing a lot of ignoring in hopes that the fake crying will go away........talk about drama queen. :rotfl:

gassmandy said:
I may have to disqualify Addison from the princess category as she has been a ROYAL PAIN lately. Love her to death, but she has gone from being the easiest child to "trying" her mommy with everything. I'm staying calm and doing a lot of ignoring in hopes that the fake crying will go away........talk about drama queen. :rotfl:
Amanda - I am amazed at how blond Addie looks! In the other 2 pics I saw of her she looked brunette. Did the sun lighten her hair or are the cameras lying? She is such a cutie!

I read the blueberry wine wrong in both posts and couldn't figure out why people were bringing blubbery wines. I was also trying to figure out what the heck a blubbery wine was. Figured it was so expensive you had to cry the whole time you drank it.

Talking about a Royal Pain reminded me of when I dropped Lindsay off at school today there is a little girl about 2 who was walking with her mom. All the parents were commenting on how cute she was. The mother said yeah, now, but by the end of the day, she's not so cute.

As for Cinco De Mayo plans. Getting up at 2:30 AM to meet Howard at Disney at 3:30 AM (he works till one, and will just stay there). We're going for the filming of the Good Morning America special. I'm taping it, but you probably won't be able to pick us out. Though I was able to find us when we were part of the "Stunt Team" when we did the Mosaic on the 49th birthday, so you never know.

Then Howard and I will have breakfast, and head by to Disneyland.

Donna

gassmandy said:

Oh, how can a sweet thing like that be trying to her mommy! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Enjoy it now, 'cuase when they turn 13! LOOK OUT MOMMA!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ask Mark! He has one!

Scratch
:rotfl:

Perdita&Pongo said:
Amanda - I am amazed at how blond Addie looks! In the other 2 pics I saw of her she looked brunette. Did the sun lighten her hair or are the cameras lying? She is such a cutie!

A little of both! I have dark hair naturally while Shawn's is a lighter brown (but can get blonde highlights in the sun). Shawn's hair was white in his first several years of life. I was so happy when she was born with dark hair. Even at 12 months it was dark. Then it got to be a lighter shade of brown last summer for the short while we actually swam (so many hurricanes and rain). Then in Dec. when Shawn's mom was here for 3 weeks from Montana--she took Addison for walks and the park for about 2 hours on the "warm" and sunny days. We all noticed it starting to lighten up then........but then came Feb/March when I started taking her to the pool-----it has really lightened up!! Plus she tans like Shawn. I slather sunscreen all over her continually and tend to not put it on me (I know--bad!!) and she still comes home from the pool about 3 shades darker than me. I'm one of 2 of my parent's 7 with the dark hair and blue eyes (as opposed to brown eyes). And sometimes I feel like whatever % Irish that I have in my family--I got it all!!

With that said--yes her hair has gotten a lot blonder, but that particular picture makes it look lighter than it really is!

100_2460.jpg

This lighting is more accurate!
(The only reason I actually spent this much time explaining her hair color for those who think I'm wacko!! is because the change in color actually surprised my whole side of the family--we're all natural darkies!).

Well you can tell Amanda is a good housekeeper therefore, you would expect the rodents to be well groomed too!LOL

Scratch
:rotfl:

dletz said:
Talking about a Royal Pain reminded me of when I dropped Lindsay off at school today there is a little girl about 2 who was walking with her mom. All the parents were commenting on how cute she was. The mother said yeah, now, but by the end of the day, she's not so cute.

Oh yah--and the whole "acting" seemed to just start in the last 2-3 weeks--right when she turned 2. An example: We have been very strict as far as her sleep schedule......as far as the appropriate timing of her naps (now just one nap a day) and bedtime/wake-time. She was pretty routine--7 to 7 for bed and her one nap starting at 11:30 ish (lasting 2-3 hours). With the time change and it staying light longer--I waited till 8pm to put her down......big mistake but it has taken 2-3 weeks for me to figure it out. She was taking longer and longer to fall asleep and then waking anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30. On top of the aprroximately 2-3 hours less per night she'd been getting, she started night waking. Typically in the past I ignored it and she'd fall asleep w/in seconds and not do it again for a few weeks. Well--we've had her climb out of her crib about 3 or 4 times during naps (hasn't done it for about a month now) which made me paranoid and made me start responding to her cries more in an attempt to hopefully have her not fully wake up therefore not attempt to then climb out. This has escalated over the past few weeks (they're quick learners I tell ya!) to resisting nap time and bed times where I in turn walk in her room and clean up all the junk she's thrown out of her crib (blankets, pacifiers) and lay her back down and cover her. This one time going in has done the trick........till the last 2 nights where she's woken up 2x. See the pattern?? I pushed her bedtime up to 7:30 last night (as opposed to 8) and she fell asleep immediately. So going to stick with between 7 and 7:30. I am a big believer that sleep begets sleep. For Addison--putting her to bed later doesn't mean she's up later--she actually gets up earlier!!! Plus I noticed when she gets 12 hours at night and the 2-3 in the day she's a joy!! I'm hoping it has all escalated due to daylight savings time which made me hold off on putting her to bed till dark. I'll know in a few days after earlier bed-times if it was the decrease in her sleep these last 2-3 weeks or if she is actually being a PAIN IN THE YOU KNOW WHAT!

Sorry for the details...........but I'll let you know the outcome. We'll see how tonight goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter