August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracy--good thoughts, prayers and PD are headed your way from NJ. Take care of yourself as well!!!

My mom was supposed to leave for Florida this morning, but we received word late last night that my aunt passed away, so my mom is staying here with us until after the funeral, then she and my brother will be heading south. This has been some week.

Tracy, good thoughts from me for your mom. And also for your mom, Renee.

Tracy--prayers and pixie dust for you and your mom. What a bad few weeks for news for some of us, huh? Hopefully only good things are coming our way for a while now!

Gosh...so many sad stories lately.....I have one to add....over the weekend my 16 year old nephew was in a soccer accident....another player's shoulder wound up smashing into his leg below the knew....broke the bone (growth plate) and had to be taken to the hospital...on the way there they noticed his foot was turning blue....found out that the bone severed the artery in his leg and he could have bled to death. He had emergency surgey and they took veins from his left leg and grafted them in this right leg. They can't even set the bone until they make sure the blood is flowing freely in his leg...he has been in ICU since Saturday. Worse case scenario....loss of leg. His prognoisis looks good so far....but he has no feeling in his foot and as long as the nerve was not damaged (instead of just traumatized) he will regain feeling in his foot in about 18 months. Doctors said they never saw a soccer accident like this...it looked more like a motorcycle accident injury.

Another reason to buy travel insurance....they are due to cruise with us in June and they did not buy insurance. Hope they don't have to cancel or they will be out $4,000. I know they are not worrying about that right now...but you just never know what can happen. So if you can, send some PD their way...thanks!!

:cat:

Pixie Dust and prayers for both Traceys' Mom and Renees' Mom. Have to admit I didn't know a knee replacement could break. Have to walk more carefully. Don't want that for either of mine.

Bought my first digital camera today. Got a Cannon A510 (think that's right). Phil and I went to a local camera store that was having a camera week with reps from various companies. The Cannon person was there today, and since that was what I was looking for I got to play with the new one before buying it. :jumping2:

Estelle :jumping3:

Good thoughts going out to Tracy, Renee, VM, and mmouse37!

Take care of yourselves everyone!

UMTerp

More pixie dust for Andy and family and MJ's nephew.

Also pixie dust for everyone else, stay healthy and safe!

Paul

ehtpnt said:
:cat:

Bought my first digital camera today. Got a Cannon A510 (think that's right). Phil and I went to a local camera store that was having a camera week with reps from various companies. The Cannon person was there today, and since that was what I was looking for I got to play with the new one before buying it. :jumping2:

Estelle :jumping3:

You can take pictures of our bus route! You'll have an excellent view!

Breaking out the large ecomony size jar of pixie dust and liberally sprinkling all those in need. Tracy's and Renee's Moms MJ nephew, Andy's family.

Now I need to rethink travel insurance.

You all have convinced me, I will find room for a bag of pins to trade, just as long as the luggage doesn't go over fifty pounds. Also thinking I'm going to bring the collaspable mickey cooler which will end up as an extra checked bag on the way back.

Oh my word mmouse37,

My son plays soccer and I am shuddering at the thought of such a terrible accident. I thought soccer was a relativly
safe sport. I'll have to begin to think a little differently. Maybe I'll send Jeff out on the field wrapped in bubble wrap or something. ;)

Continued prayers and pixie dust for all the people who have loved ones hurting right now. A tuff place to be.....
Keep your chins up..............

Martina

:grouphug: Prayers and pixie dust for Tracy's mom, Renee's mom, Andy's aunt, and mmouse37's nephew. Praying for your loved ones and you and yours as you go through these trying times. Don't know what to say except we are thinking of guys and wishing you good outcomes and new joys where it is possible. Also, we continue to think and pray for Bob & Mel's mom and Nancy's mil.

God bless everyone. :grouphug:

(And Amanda, happy belated anniversary. and I'm so glad your surgery went well...give yourself time to heal...hope your eyes are doing better and better each day, especially the dreaded dryness, that must be a pain. *Edited add - I just saw your little Addison's new photo - What a doll!!! She and Haley will be the princesses of the ship along with all the other little ones. She is one happy and smiling little girl! Good genes, right grandpa & grandma? It's nice to see the joyful too as well as the sad times going on. :grouphug: )

Just got to mom's from the hospital. She will have surgery tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. They may have to do a bypass or stents may do the trick. The doctor told her she is very lucky to be alive. She did have a heart attack, most likely on Saturday night/Sunday morning when she felt the pain. Will know more tomorrow after the first procedure is done. Don't know when I'll get to post again, but I will when I can. Thank you so much for all the prayers and pixie dust. Mom still finds this whole internet thing weird, but is touched by all the support.

Prayers and pixie dust to Renee's mom, Andy's family and MJ's nephew. Come on everyone! We need to keep our families healthy so we can put the appropriate amount of time towards cruise planning!

How was chat tonight? I see everyone is gone now.

Tracy

Tracy,
Please keep us posted on your MOM tomorrow as you have time! Please let her know that she has 400+ people pulling for her just from here!

I missed chat too!

Dan

OMG Tracy... I'm so happy you got your mom the appropriate diagnosis and soon. We'll be praying for her as she undergoes surgery tomorrow morning. Take good care of yourself, and God Bless.

Barbara :grouphug:

winotracy said:
Just got to mom's from the hospital. She will have surgery tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. They may have to do a bypass or stents may do the trick. The doctor told her she is very lucky to be alive. She did have a heart attack, most likely on Saturday night/Sunday morning when she felt the pain. Will know more tomorrow after the first procedure is done. Don't know when I'll get to post again, but I will when I can. Thank you so much for all the prayers and pixie dust. Mom still finds this whole internet thing weird, but is touched by all the support.

Prayers and pixie dust to Renee's mom, Andy's family and MJ's nephew. Come on everyone! We need to keep our families healthy so we can put the appropriate amount of time towards cruise planning!

How was chat tonight? I see everyone is gone now.

Tracy

:wizard: Pixie dust and prayers for all that need it :wizard:

:grouphug: Hopefully everyone will make a full recovery :grouphug:

Tracy -

I will be thinking of you and praying for your Mom tomorrow morning.

Please let us know what you can when you can.

dan and scott said:
Pixie Dust to all! Can we get soem good news-fast! Gosh our group here needs it!

Dan
Um, I found another formal gown at Talbot's Outlet with Tracy last Friday. Does that count for good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter