August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RobinMarie said:
I think I got this skype thing now. Someone from work gave me her microphone. I haven't gotten a microphone with my last two computers but I remember them being standard a decade ago. I was thinking it might be nice for the kids to talk to each other? I know Victoria isn't so good at the kids thread or typing much. Feedback appreciated!

Anyone get an update from their TA about booking excursions, PALO, spa? I got one from All Seasons.

What is your Skype name so I can add you to my contact list? Megan's not a great typer either, but would probably love to talk with the other 8-9s of SOF! princess:

So what did the update say? Don't leave us hanging like that!! :confused3

Exciting Day here in NJ. About 3PM I get a call at work from the recruiter in Orlando telling me they want to fly me down next Monday night & Tuesday for an interview for a position I applied for. Then while Im on the phone with the travel dept making ressies - DH calls me on my cell and tells me that the people he phone interviewed with a week ago are flying him down this Friday to interview. Both positions are located in Lakeland - how cool would that be.

Im glad we spent all weekend doing stuff around the house - hopefully it will be going on the market very soon and we will be on our way to Florida.

Wish us luck!!!

Now how do I negotiate 2 weeks off...HMMMM

Robin - what did All Seasons tell you about Palo and Spa ressies??? Maybe I should call Costco and see what they know.

Nancy-good news on your mom! Now pixie dust for the mammo. Wish I could have been with you all at the Talbots outlet!

Paul-love the excursions for the Panama Canal...I think I'll book the skiing one.

Sunscreen-no less than 45 for me...30 on the face. Plus a hat. Cathy love the sound of your hat. I think I almost bought that one at Strawbie's one Clover Day. I keep meaning to go back to get one. I do have several though.

disneycrazzzy-What a scare! I wish I lived in a place like Pam. Sounds like heaven! ALthough I lock myself out so often that I have a secretly open window I can climb in.

I was so excited today! Ordered a rolling duffle from Avon...no pull up thing to add extra weight. I got it today and love it soooo much I am ordering a second. So lightweight and big and it rolls up to be about 1 foot long and 1 foot diameter. For only $25 if it only makes it through the cruise it will be worth it. One downside to it...Leopard print!!! Easy to pick off the carousel!

winnyis said:
\ Both positions are located in Lakeland - how cool would that be.

Hey--my sister and her family just moved to Lakeland from Melbourne about 6 months ago........... :) Good luck!!!!!!!

Okay, I admit it...have not looked at this thread in months...cannot keep up, but am now feeling the pressure to buy merchandise, make sure I'm still signed up for wine party, etc...Also, did anyone else read about the pin a day thing...I don't even collect pins but all of a sudden I'm anxious to have all of the Panama Canal ones...do you think DCL will just slip an order form under our door?

Forgot to tell everyone that when we went to Addison'd pediatrician last week (pink eye episode), I asked him about the Hep.A shots. He's from Puerto Rico and he said he feels safe with us NOT getting them..........he said since we're not living there--just "cruising" through those countries--we're fine. Especially since I informed him we'd only be eating and drinking from DCL's supply of food. I feel fine with that since he is the one of Addison's 2 pediatricians that is all gung-ho about shots. It was her female ped. that was more understanding about our worries. I was so glad he said not necessary. Then I thought--hey--I lived in Honduras for 2 months--with the locals....no running water, ate their food, etc. and I'm o.k. So just being in the ports --I feel safe not doing it.

Paul--

I'm seriously thinking about the Panama Canal Water Skiing excursion. Does anyone know if the sides of the canal locks are padded at all?

Ginny--

Great news about the jobs! What's the chances that you would both be called at practically the same moment?! Perhaps it's a sign of good things to come! :teeth:

All--

So, We went to Disney over the weekend. Ended up eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Fort Wilderness and then headed over to the Magic Kingdom. The park was once again very busy. Good sign for the upcoming 50th Celebration. We also stopped at Epcot for a short time.

I *finally* traded one of my Castaway Club pins at the MK. I got a really cool Animal Kingdom pin for trade.

pin177

Since I have all of these Castaway Club pins laying around, I think I'm going to start trading them each time I go to Disney. I think I'll go for attraction pins!

:cat:

Bob, Have you ever seen the way Cruella drives? My driving is strangely similar. I don't think they'd want me driving their bus. Lots of people :scared:
:eek: and using those little white bags from the airlines. :scared1:

disneycrazzzy that has to be the most terrifying experience.

Thanks Tracey I suspected that that was where I had read that. Oh well we can still "fall" back on JGE. I think I might like the para sailing.

Grumbo, you live in Barrie right? DD was there some 5 or 6 years ago with her high school band. And the high school band from Barrie performed here.

Estelle :cool1:

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

ehtpnt said:
:cat:

Grumbo, you live in Barrie right? DD was there some 5 or 6 years ago with her high school band. And the high school band from Barrie performed here.

Estelle :cool1:

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Yep in Barrie Estelle :)
Thats neat she was up here. Not too many folks know of Barrie :)
Hopefully she was up here in our Summer. 5 years ago that would have been August 3 and 4th ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo (Snowing during supper this evening)

Perdita&Pongo said:
We are planning on using Prime Time Shuttle (under age 2 are free) from LAX to HISP and then the HISP shuttle ($3/person) to the port Saturday morning.

Ditto!

Thanks for the Pin Update, Robin! Looks like we'll have lots to buy! It appears that Disney is trying to have a more fair method of distributing these pins:

"This unique Disney experience will features fantastic themed-merchandise to remember this unique trip. As part of the merchandise assortment, there will be a collection of Limited Edition pins.

Based on initial Guest feedback regarding these pins, the Disney Magic® team has created a pin release process. It is the hope that this process will create a fair, equitable and enjoyable experience for all Guests on board the Disney Magic®.

Pins will be released at Up Beat - Deck 3 Forward.
Release times for pins will be the following:
Port Days - 5:30 PM to 6: 30 PM
Sea Days - 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
To purchase these pins, Guests should check in with a Crew Member prior to entering Up Beat to verify Guest's name.
The Crew Member will give Guests one (1) voucher for the pin being released that day.
On the initial day of release, Guests may purchase up to one (1) pin, per style.
Guests can either pay for the pin at the merchandise register in Up Beat, or return to Up Beat before closing that same day of release to purchase the pin.
The next day, any remaining quantities of the previous day pins will be available to purchase in Mickey's Mates - Deck 4 during regular store hours (please check your Personal Navigator for store operating hours).
For specially created Limited Edition Crossing Cruise pins released in Mickey?s Mates (after initial release in Up Beat), Guests may purchase up to five (5) pins of a particular per style, per day until quantities are sold out.
This information will also be shared to Guests on board during the Crossing Cruise. "

Is this typically how pin releases are handled at "Pin Cruises"? I've never been on one, but I want ALL of these pins!!!!!

Arlene

Thing is there are only 500 of most of them. You KNOW they'll be snapped up immediately. Too bad that each cabin wasn't given a voucher for each pin. I can see the lineups starting hours before :)
J.G.E. Child rental for pin Acquisition rates will be posted within the week. Remember on Ebay your $40 fee to JGE will be easily recouped when you resell the pin :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Pin collecting.

I agree - DCL should give each cabin a voucher and a 24 hr window to pick up there pin. LE edition size should be 1000 not 500 to be fairer. :earboy2:

But remember -- this is the practice cruise - maybe they will learn from there mistakes. :confused3

Hmmm guess I now know what I'll be doing with some of my free time. Standing in pin lines. Maybe this will test the limits of my obession :goodvibes

At least the practice cruise folks will give us a good idea how long they will spend in line. One pin limit is interesting, guess we won't be seeing many of these bad boys on e-bay.

Robin, sorry to be so late answering the HoJo's question, getting catching up after an interesting weekend. I believe the new rate for HoJo was $102/night with the discount.

I know I have it written down somewhere, but right now the whole computer area is loaded with CD's, you will never know how much music you own until you start converting your collection to MP3 :earseek:

DisneyElf said:
Pin collecting.

I agree - DCL should give each cabin a voucher and a 24 hr window to pick up there pin. LE edition size should be 1000 not 500 to be fairer. :earboy2:

But remember -- this is the practice cruise - maybe they will learn from there mistakes. :confused3

I agree - the vouchers should be 1 per family (not necessarily one per cabin). But if 1 per family is too hard for them to figure out (do you include aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc. all as a single family???) then 1 per person is the next best thing.

The 1 per cabin problem would be a major issue in our group - Aunty Brat and her daughter are sharing with another single mom/daughter duo - cutting a pin in half won't work for them :sad2: As it is, there will be a major meltdown over the Castaway Cay gift and anything else that's "one per cabin." (glad I don't work at the Guest Services desk 'cuz it's gonna get ugly :badpc: )

Oh, and note my tagline, I'm gonna be in trouble ;)

It's gonna be a mess if it's only 500 per pin!

Guess I know what DD is gonna be doing during our cruise.........

Waiting in Line for Pins!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey, it's the least she can do, since I know I'm the one paying for them!LOL

BTW, Susan are you gonna let us know when you receive payment for the pins and medallions? I send a money order so won't be able to tell unless you tell me. TIA

Scratch
pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter