August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're gonna need a group photo for this one. I'll contact shutters while I'm onboard this weekend and see what I can set up>

Tentative Dis Meet- Sunday
8/21/05
10:00-11:00 am
Rockin' Bar D or Studio C (to be determined)

Bartender service available if desired
Max. capacity is either 275 or 292 depending on location

Unofficial head count is needed to secure room: 175 so far

Mark & Sandra- (3)
Mississaugamom- (5)
piglet33- (3)
DisneyElf- (2)
izzinmac- (5)
bmwdsny- (4) or (6)
invaderzim- (3)
Grumbo- (6) or (7)
mickeyfan1- (1)
mamawanavacation- (2)
carolsherman- (3)
EileenAmI- (2)
Bob320- (1)
winotracy- (2)
DisCrazzy- (2)
Denise W- (2) or (3)
tigger24- (10)
DeverVal- (3)
RobinMarie- (2)
ehtpnt- (4)
wide awake- (3)
winnyis- (4)
Mom2Belle&PeterPan- (4)
rsschneck- (2)
sandygirl- (3)
Auntybrat- (2)
Buckaroo's Dad- (3)
DonnaDavid- (2)
ThreeCircles- (2)
outahere- (3)
Denine- (3)
Scratch- (2)
Ivanova- (19)
NYGiantsRule-(4)
Gupsmom- (2)
Luv2Dream- (2) or (3)
kcashner- (2)
paulcrsb- (2)
KEH- (3)
Pamkass- (2)
"Ginger"- (2)
JiminyC fan- (2)
NYdiscruisers- (4)
Andrew DEREK UK- (1)
Dudette 2 & 3- (2)
Kpgclark- (2)
YrMajesty3- (5)
eye R.N.- (2)
Tinkerbel129- (3)
Chris Herbert- (4)
gaba2de- (4)
SFed- (5)

Possible Bus To MCO after cruise-Update

Are there any more people interested yet?? Our total so far is 56, and there is room for 57.

If we use Mears Transportation and manage to fill the bus (capacity 57) the final cost will be $7.04 per person. If bus leaves the Port by 10:00am or so, it should put us at Orlando Airport by 11:00am.

Possible Bus To MCO after cruise-Update--so far 59

Mark & Sandra-(6)
DisneyElf-(2)
Winnyis-(4)
RobinMarie-(2)
wide awake-(3)
DisCrazzy-(4)
rsscheck-(5)
Denine-(3)
mickeyfan1- (1)
Denise W- (4)
sandygirl- (3)
"Ginger"- (3)
NYdiscruisers- (4)
Kpgclark- (4)
eye R.N.- (2)
Chris Herbert- (4)
SFed- (5)

PM me if interested in either one...Mark

Also Bmwdsny is linking early dining, and EileenAmI is linking late dining, so that a few DISboard friends can eat at the same rotation and sit near each other. We have about 90 linked so far...Mark

Hi,

I have a few questions hoping someone out there knows the answers. Thanks in advance.

1 - Before the cruise we are staying at the Grand Californian, and I was curiouse is anyone knew if Disneyland has a fireworks cruise similar to the ones at DisneyLand.

2 - Since my family does not fit in a single room we have to spilt up. One of our children is sharing a room (on paper) with a separate family. Do both families have to check in at the same time? Or can we check in to the cruise ship independendantly?

3 - How long does it take to get from DisneyLand to the Port of Los Angeles?

4 - What time is the best time to get to the ship right at 1:00 PM or right before we set sail 4:00 PM?

Once again thanks in advance.
Lou

Lou I can't answer your questions about Disneyland but I can tell you about boarding time. It doesn't really matter what time you get to the port but I'd shoot for sometime before 3 just to be safe in case of traffic. I think it is a personal choice. Disney does a very good job with traffic flow so it is really your decision as to when you want to board.

Hey Lou. Not sure if I can help, but as far as the sruise ship, You can check in your family and then meet the others onboard. You'll need to get the KTTW card for you child, it's their pass to get on and off the ship. Is the other family going to be arriving around the same tima as you?? I would get there early. Since you are staying in a concirge level room, they'll allow your group on early (about 1 hour) to set up things before the masses are allowed on...Mark

lou.iannucci said:
Hi,

I have a few questions hoping someone out there knows the answers. Thanks in advance.

1 - Before the cruise we are staying at the Grand Californian, and I was curiouse is anyone knew if Disneyland has a fireworks cruise similar to the ones at DisneyLand.

I don't believe so. The fireworks at DL are by Sleeping Beauty's Castle. The only water around there would be in Frontierland or over in Paradise Pier in DCA.

lou.iannucci said:
Hi,

2 - Since my family does not fit in a single room we have to spilt up. One of our children is sharing a room (on paper) with a separate family. Do both families have to check in at the same time? Or can we check in to the cruise ship independendantly?

4 - What time is the best time to get to the ship right at 1:00 PM or right before we set sail 4:00 PM?

Lou
no on the fireworks cruise

about 30 min without traffic from DL to the port - plan on an hour to be safe

I'd shoot for 1pm arrival

lou.iannucci said:
Hi,

Lou

Lou,

We have a chartered bus picking up part of our group at HoJos and also stopping at Grand Californian. Bus is scheduled to leave HoJos at 9:30. Charging $10 per person from DL to the port. If you are interested let me know. I know your group is sizeable, but we still have open seats.

bob

:jumping3: Chat was a lot of fun last night, everyone! If you couldn't make it, our next scheduled chat is this Saturday at 9:00 PM Eastern. Hope to see all the "Hard Core Fools" there and lots of new ones too! :jumping3:

Yes, that was a fun chat last night... :cheer2:

One question though...Once Marsha leaves, do we all stop chatting??

Also, important announcements for Fools
Arlene is leader of the Fools Exercise Program..7:30 Walk around ship deck every morning and then breakfast afterwards.
She is also a coordinator of HoJo's party.

Marsha is a coordinator of HI party.

Barbara, we missed you!!! :guilty:

Bmwdsny said:

No, you just keep chatting till you can't chat any more! IT was fun, next time I hope to have no interuptions from the dog, the laptop rebuild, or the phone!

As far as the DL fireworks, keep in mind the the entire DL/DCA resort will fit into the Magic Kingdom parking lot. They are both very compact parks, easy to see everything in 3 days if really crowded. And it takes about 5 minutes to hop from one to the other. The castle is only about 2 or 3 stories tall at the highest point. IASW is in a seperate building, there are several rides in fantasy land that are not in WDW. Star Tours is in DL, as is the Indiana Jones ride. Because most of us east coasters may not get there again, I recommend that you ride ALL the rides. See all the shows (Aladin is outstanding). The fastpass works a little differently there, too.

There is an entrance into DCA from the Grand Californian, which makes staying there even more special.

If any of you fools are going to DL before, you really need to go see the GF. It is as beautiful as the WL, the architecture is Arts and Crafts, and the Imagineers got it 100% correct. They have (or at least they did have in 2002) a really good breakfast buffet in one of the restaurants, they have a great quick meal place near the DCA entrance. IT is worth the trip in, for sure.

Gee, I wish I had the time to go now!

Bmwdsny said:

Also, important announcements for Fools
Arlene is leader of the Fools Exercise Program..7:30 Walk around ship deck every morning and then breakfast afterwards.
She is also a coordinator of HoJo's party.

Marsha is a coordinator of HI party.

Barbara, we missed you!!! :guilty:

What, who me????? LOL - True, I'm coordinating our early-morning deck 4 sea-day walks (meeting at 7:30) but everyone's on their own for breakfast!!! I've gotta wake my own family up then!

No clue how to coordinate the HoJo party, but willing - any input re. time, food, etc. PLEASE chime in!

Thanks so much for organizing the chat last night, Marsha. It was a lot of fun!

Have a great day, everyone! My drive to work took over an hour in freezing rain and icy roads this morning.

Arlene

kmiles said:
:jumping3: Chat was a lot of fun last night, everyone! If you couldn't make it, our next scheduled chat is this Saturday at 9:00 PM Eastern. Hope to see all the "Hard Core Fools" there and lots of new ones too! :jumping3:

Can anyone help me out about how to locate the chat? I suppose it will be confirmed I have no social life if I chat at 9pm on a Saturday night. :flower:

Hi everyone! I'm new here but I'll be on the East bound Repo cruise too. I've tried to read many of the posts but there are so many to catch up with. I hope I can put a face to many of the names once the cruise begins.
With regards to Disneyland, our new DLR president, Matt Quimet, has made many changes to the resort. To begin with, he took away most of the fast passes. However, the regular lines seem to run quicker now. He has also raised prices on almost everything within the parks. Disneyland also does not give away as many special assistance passes as the previous president. So if you need special assistance, bring lots of documentation! Yes, the Grand Californian is incredible. If not staying there, you should walk through it and explore. They do offer tours of the hotel too! Remember, smoking is not allowed anywhere in the hotel and if you are caught smoking you will fined. If I can answer any questions about the DLR please let me now. I visit the DLR about 3 times a month and stay at the hotels whenever I can.
My family and I are so excited about this cruise. This is our first Disney cruise. I hope I get to meet many of you in August! :flower1:

Robin-Marie, please check your Private Massages

MM2U2, welcome aboard. If you read the first posts, there are links to info needed and available. We have a live chat on Tuesdays and Saturdays, I will PM you the info if you would like to join us. We chat at 9pm eastern time on saturdays so the left coasters can join in.'

We are a wild group. If we are too nosy - like what cabin, what category, how many in the group, what dining time, etc- just tell us to back off!

mark & sandra said:
We're gonna need a group photo for this one. I'll contact shutters while I'm onboard this weekend and see what I can set up>

That sounds like a great idea! We've had group pictures done by Shutters on two previous October cruises. It's great to look back through the pictures and see who we cruised with.

Reneé

One more thing - Welcome MM2U2!

Hi MM2U2. Glad to hear you are going on the cruise. Who are you traveling with?

Just an FYI - I saw on another post that DCL was showing availability for our cruise online so I called and inquired what it would cost to upgrade to a category 6. It appears they are still honoring the original pricing tiers that we booked into. I paid $4643 for a cat 9 and they quoted me $6823 for a Cat 6 guranteed room or only $2200 more. So anyone looking for an upgrade might want to call. Its not worth it to me for $2200 - thats alot of Konk Coolers and Spa treatments, but to someone it may be.

Ginny

todays prices:

Category 04 : Deluxe Family Stateroom with Verandah $ 7,374.89

Category 06 : Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah $ 6,324.89

Category 11 : Standard Inside Stateroom $ 4,049.89

Category 12 : Standard Inside Stateroom $ 3,874.89

It looks like there were a lot of cancellations. I will say that the price I paid for Cat 11 was 2475 which is 175% of the 2 person fare. There is no way I could get a Cat 6, even using the tier one pricing, but it's nice to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter