August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that 4 days in a row at sea might be too much for me. I don't mind the over night thing at Alcapulco, as long as we get a full second day there. I hope they add another port, maybe they could once we are back on the Atlantic side?

The other thread just posted that it is true. I just called the Castaway Club number and was told no stop at Puerto Quetzal. Instead we will stay overnight in Acapulco. The times will be updated tomorrow (on the website?).

In the hot summer heat that pool is going to be mighty crowded.

Originally posted by mickeyfan1
Not me, I can think of nothing better than sea days. Anyone booking a PC cruise on any cruise line has to expect a lot of days at sea. Especially a repositioning cruise.

But DCL will no doubt have plenty for everyone to do. At this far out, I doubt they have made any real decisions.

Me too. I like the at sea days the best. I think they're the most relaxing part.

I don't care what they change since I booked this basically to go through the Panama Canal anyway.

I don't mind the sea days at all............ much more relaxing than running around in port after port. I just hope they have plenty of activities going in the lab and club.

On another topic.............. just curious............. does anyone have a confirmed cat 1, 2 or 3? I think a lot of people are waitlisted (including us) but I can't recall seeing anyone posting to say they actually have one booked.

Ed

I've a silly question. If we do indeed stay over night at Acapulco, is there a certain time we would have to report back to the ship on the first evening? A curfew of sorts? Or would we be permitted to stay in port until the wee hours? I've never done a cruise with an overnight stop before and I'm not sure what the rules may be. It is my understanding that the night life in Acapulco is really something? I wonder how safe it would be to be there late at night (early in the morning actually!) Anyone ever been there and care to share???

Originally posted by EmmasGrammy
I've a silly question. If we do indeed stay over night at Acapulco, is there a certain time we would have to report back to the ship on the first evening? A curfew of sorts? Or would we be permitted to stay in port until the wee hours? I've never done a cruise with an overnight stop before and I'm not sure what the rules may be. It is my understanding that the night life in Acapulco is really something? I wonder how safe it would be to be there late at night (early in the morning actually!) Anyone ever been there and care to share???

Not a Silly Question, I was wondering the same thing!

As far as safety, if we get a group together.......

Maybe JGE will have an excursion available!LOL

I am so phyched about this change! I for one love it!

I hope they will offer a dinner package to go see the Cliff Divers at Night!

Is it August 2005 Yet!?!

Scratch
pirate:

Originally posted by Scratch42
As far as safety, if we get a group together.......

Maybe JGE will have an excursion available!LOL

PLEASE! Don't instigate them! After that toe picture I'm fearful of what they may come up with.

I would rather have a stop at Costa Rica, but a dinner with the cliff divers would be cool.

On the 1 Western cruise we took with DCL, we missed Grand Cayman because of a tropical storm and headed straight to Cozumel. We stayed over night. I don't remember a curfew. You just had to be back on board before the ship was to leave. Paul can give you more of the story!

I think the change is good!! Didn't hear too many decent things about Puerto Quetzal (sp??). I'm with the others that are just happy to go and feel blessed to be able to afford this cruise! Plus--14 days of no cleaning and cooking is the best part to me!! Now if only I could leave Addison at home for 14 days w/ daddy.......just kidding!!
(seriously--I wouldn't do that);)

I think it's a fantastic change. Yes, I wouldn't mind another port added on as well. However, it will be nice to be somewhere overnight and this will really give us a chance to see the place. I'm psyched !

I'm happy with more time in Acapulco instead of Puerto Quetzel. I think it will be great to see the Cliff Divers (I've seen them before but my DH and kids haven't). I just hope that we get some time on the second day too (unless they add another port). It would be fantastic to have 2 days in Acapulco...one for the beach (although the waves are rough) and one for a tour.

Jess

Originally posted by Luv2Dream
I think it's a fantastic change. Yes, I wouldn't mind another port added on as well. However, it will be nice to be somewhere overnight and this will really give us a chance to see the place. I'm psyched !

I feel the same way!!

WELL, I DON'T THINK IT'S SO GREAT -- in fact, we think it stinks. And here's why....

I just got off the phone with DCL. The CA-FLA cruisers are losing Puerto Quetzel and getting an overnight at Acapulco instead. Dock at 8 a.m. Wednesday and depart 7:30 a.m. on Thursday.

HOWEVER, the FLA-CA cruisers are also losing PQ -- BUT they are getting another port -- Mazatlan!! I would rather have the extra port than the couple of extra hours at Acapulco!! We are all paying the same price and I feel that the August cruisers are getting short changed with this new itinerary.

Does this mean that we get reimbursed for those port fees since we are one port less? I have already sent an email to DCL expressing my disappointment. I feel that both cruises should have the same itinerary and ports!!!! :( :confused:

Originally posted by invaderzim
WELL, I DON'T THINK IT'S SO GREAT -- in fact, we think it stinks. And here's why....

I just got off the phone with DCL. The CA-FLA cruisers are losing Puerto Quetzel and getting an overnight at Acapulco instead. Dock at 8 a.m. Wednesday and depart 7:30 a.m. on Thursday.

HOWEVER, the FLA-CA cruisers are also losing PQ -- BUT they are getting another port -- Mazatlan!! I would rather have the extra port than the couple of extra hours at Acapulco!! We are all paying the same price and I feel that the August cruisers are getting short changed with this new itinerary.

I have already mailed an email to DCL expressing my disappointment. I feel that both cruises should have the same itinerary and ports!!!!

So it really 1 full day at Acapulco....I was under the impression we were doing 2 days....Well now that a horse of a different color so really we are losing a port.....
I agree, now that does STINKS!!!
Why can't we have the exact same route as the Westbounders, it just going the other way??? I don't understand that!!!

The DCL rep said to send letters and emails if we want to express our disappointment.

I point blank asked Disney if we were going to get to pay less than the May cruisers since we have one less port! Since we're leaving Acapulco at 7:30 a.m. the next morning, you really can't even make use of that day. So now we end up with more days at sea than ports! I thought it was nice having every other day a port and every other day at sea!

AND, after our last experience in St. Thomas -- where two drunks were late getting back onto the ship and we lost an 1-1/2 at CC because of it, just imagine how many people they will have to be waiting for if they give them all night in Acapulco!!!

Sorry ..... still venting!

Originally posted by invaderzim
Sorry ..... still venting!

i am with you!!! We really should express to DCL to add on a port....We can even add on toward the Eastern area...Jamaica, aruba...even that is OK....

I don't know if i can hack way too many sea day in a row since we are NOT getting off at Panama either!!! I need to get away from the FOOLS once in a while!! LOL!!!!

PLEASE PEOPLE -- WRITE LETTERS. I sent an email, but I am ALSO sending snail mail. I think they need to be bombarded about this. I feel very strongly about being shortchanged and will make sure they know it.

Hopefully, enough complaints and they will realize their mistake and change it.

I'm not sure if everyone realizes this, but our cruise will be approx. 6 hours shorter than the western bound cruisers. The travel time is the same so they have to make up the difference somewhere. I too would be in favor of another port in the Caribbean instead of a longer stay in Acapulco.

You can count on me to write letters...as well as a phone call too...
I was just looking at the original itenary on disney cruise.com and you are looking at 5 SEA DAYS after Aculpulco (even though we are going to Panama, but you are NOT getting off the ship, so that is still SEA day to me)before we hit Curacao and then ANOTHER 2 SEA DAYS before CC!!!

THAT IS RIDUCLOUS!!!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter