• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 1st: 3 night DREAM cruise

Hi crzy4dals! Thanks for that information. Love the idea of meeting at 3:30p meetup - sounds perfect.

Question for you: We were considering doing Remy one evening but since this is our first cruise on the Dream (but definitely not our last!) we aren't sure which night, if any, we should do it. I've seen Golden Mickeys and Villains on past cruises but since I have never eaten at any of these restaurants, I don't know if/which night we could sacrifice. Any suggestions for us? We were thinking a 6pm reservation on Bahamas day so as not to miss Pirate Night??

Hi crzy4dals! Thanks for that information. Love the idea of meeting at 3:30p meetup - sounds perfect.

Question for you: We were considering doing Remy one evening but since this is our first cruise on the Dream (but definitely not our last!) we aren't sure which night, if any, we should do it. I've seen Golden Mickeys and Villains on past cruises but since I have never eaten at any of these restaurants, I don't know if/which night we could sacrifice. Any suggestions for us? We were thinking a 6pm reservation on Bahamas day so as not to miss Pirate Night??

I would say that the second night would be best. You see your servers on the first and last night. Remy is such a beautiful restaurant. I am not a big fan of the Villans show but always love pirate night. It would be hard for me to choose a night to go to Remy on the 3 nighter because I love the rotational restaurant experience at least once. On the other hand the reservations seem to be wide open.

Well, based on your feedback and thinking it through a bit more, we decided not to do Remy this time around - since it's such a short cruise and it's our first time on the Dream, we'll just dine with the kids on our rotation and save Remy for the next Disney cruise :)

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone and the FE exchange especially!

Great! That makes three families so far! I think we should wait a little longer to make the list just in case. Wouldn't want to have to change it all. How about a July 13 deadline? That will give us 2.5 weeks to organize. I have never even done this before, not to mention organize it, but with a small group and I am willing to try. I did some research and these are my questions for those participating:
1. Should EACH participating family give EACH participating family gifts EACH day or should we assign by day (family A gives to Family B on day one, to family C on day two, etc.)
2. I was reading that some people may change stateroom numbers on the day of sail. Should we schedule a place to meet quick at the beginning of the cruise to make sure we have the right room numbers?

Has anyone started a Google doc or other list of who all is participating and the ages and genders of the children? I know we are waiting to close it until 7/13 or so, but has a list been started?

Hello everyone!

24 days until we set sail!

Here is what I have for FE participants:

1. Stephscrop Stephanie Room is still GTY
Bailey 6
Crzy4dals Erin

2. westmomof2 Room is still GTY
DH
DD 5
DD 2

3. amanjohn
DH
DD 5
DD 3

4. stitch333

If you can post your family information and current room # I will update this list.
I think with the small group we could give the kids a gift each day.

Anxiously awaiting to board the Dream.

If you have free time later today check out www.portcanaveralwebcam.com
around 4:00 - 5:00 to watch the Dream sailaway on her 4 day cruise.

Hi Erin!

Thanks so much for putting that all together :) We are definitely in! Unfortunately, I don't have a cabin number yet - I booked one of those guaranteed rooms that doesn't assign a cabin until I check in.

Also, are we doing cabin gifts? Adult gifts? I know we said every day, but wasn't sure if it was just for the kiddos, or one per person, or kids + cabin gift, etc.

I've already started getting our FE gifts together - so excited to do our first one and meet you all!

Thanks again Erin!

Hi Erin!

Thanks so much for putting that all together :) We are definitely in! Unfortunately, I don't have a cabin number yet - I booked one of those guaranteed rooms that doesn't assign a cabin until I check in.

Also, are we doing cabin gifts? Adult gifts? I know we said every day, but wasn't sure if it was just for the kiddos, or one per person, or kids + cabin gift, etc.

I've already started getting our FE gifts together - so excited to do our first one and meet you all!

Thanks again Erin!

westmomof2

That is what we booked as well.
I am checking every couple days to see about a room number - there are plenty of available rooms that they just need to assign it! :)

btw, have you heard from our other families? i haven't seen any more posts so i'm hoping they are still in as well!

Hello everyone!

So who is in?

westmom and Stephanie and I are!!!!

We are 18 days away from sailaway!!!

So I guess this means it's just us, Stephanie and Erin? The group has gotten even smaller - but that's OK - we'll still have fun with it :)

Did you want to do cabin gifts in addition to kid gifts? LMK either way!

- Jocelyn

So I guess this means it's just us, Stephanie and Erin? The group has gotten even smaller - but that's OK - we'll still have fun with it :)

Did you want to do cabin gifts in addition to kid gifts? LMK either way!

- Jocelyn

Keep in mind that Stephanie (me) and Erin are in the same cabin. I have been planning for 6 kids (in case we had someone add), but will it just be 3 little girls (my 1 included)?

amanjohn & stitch333 - are you still participating in the FE exchange? We would love to have you!! Looks like it is a lot of little girls. Let us know, please.

amanjohn & stitch333 - are you still participating in the FE exchange? We would love to have you!! Looks like it is a lot of little girls. Let us know, please.

Yes! Sorry for the delay. I'm not used to these board things.

We are a mom and a dad an two girls 5 and 3. Room 10098.

Awesome amanjohn! I was hoping you were still interested :)

Just remember to try to login occasionally as you won't be able to get any additional email notifications about respinses to this thread you don't.

Yeah I know I'm just lazy! :o). 5 girls? Is that what we're looking at?

Yep that is what we are looking at right now..

we do not have our room assignment yet because we booked VGT - and I think westmom is in the same boat.

Glad you are onboard as well! 2 weeks!!!!!!

Have we heard from that other cruiser yet? Are they joining us? I still have 5 girls right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter