• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways

LOVE that thread - and we booked the Rasul too!

DS and I are parasailing on Castaway - I hadn't thought about having a waterproof camera up there - great idea!!

DD told me that she packed her suitcase today - just what she would have packed is terrifying. I'm guessing 2 nude bodysuits, tap shoes and hair ties.

It is SO HOT here tonight! (No AC for us!) I'm really looking forward to sleeping in air conditioning next week!

It sounds like everyone is busy getting ready! I think I'm finally getting my head in the game. :rotfl: I have my packing list going, doing laundry, and starting to put the clothes aside to go in the suitcase. If I put our suitcases out too early, our dog knows something's up! :)

To all,
Enjoy Rasul!:rolleyes1

How can you not read through the fun threads.

Couldn't help but comment on this...yeah, I've read the fun threads too.:rolleyes1 We'll see...;)

Only a few days to go!!
Spin...er...Brian :thumbsup2

Couldn't help but comment on this...yeah, I've read the fun threads too.:rolleyes1 We'll see...;)

Only a few days to go!!
Spin...er...Brian :thumbsup2

That "Getting Busy" thread is cracking me up. I've learned that you maybe shouldn't be too interested in your neighbor's veranda ... apparently you never know what you might see :rotfl2:

On another note, partway through packing we realized that our two big suitcases are not enough and had to borrow another one from my SIL ... yikes that's a lot of stuff!

That "Getting Busy" thread is cracking me up. I've learned that you maybe shouldn't be too interested in your neighbor's veranda ... apparently you never know what you might see :rotfl2:

On another note, partway through packing we realized that our two big suitcases are not enough and had to borrow another one from my SIL ... yikes that's a lot of stuff!

It seems the cost to take all of the needed luggage is almost the cost of the cruise itself.:scared: We were discussing the luggage situation last night in our "cool" tub (hot tub in the winter). I was planning on one case each but we may have to add a third.

On a side note, does anyone know of a good portable steamer we can buy for getting wrinkles out of dresses and slacks?

And as a passing note, it appears the "busy" thread was getting to be too much for the family boards. I think the moderator removed it before disneymom8489 could review it.:confused3

Hey Brian and Danielle, how are your nerves today? We can't wait to hear all of the details this weekend.

Dave

On a side note, does anyone know of a good portable steamer we can buy for getting wrinkles out of dresses and slacks?

Good question, I'd be interested in recommendations as well. Although I did pack a travel-sized bottle of Downey wrinkle releaser. Not quite as good as a steamer but should work pretty well.

Not that I want to do a lot of ironing, but I assume you can borrow one from guest services if needed?

Shipmates,

Disneymom8589 and I are in the discussion stage of rebooking another cruise aboard the Disney Dreams. We would love to check out the new ships.

Anyone else thinking this far in advance?

Dave

About the steamer - I'm planning on sending wrinkly stuff out to be pressed on the ship the first day - worth the money for someone else to deal with it!

We ended up buying a small hand-held steamer by Rowenta. It comes in a travel tote. We'll see how it works!! :)

We're all playing Disney Think Fast for Wii tonight and I'm actually winning for once - DS almost always does

Shipmates,

Disneymom8589 and I are in the discussion stage of rebooking another cruise aboard the Disney Dreams. We would love to check out the new ships.

Anyone else thinking this far in advance?

Dave

Dave,

I'd love to. This cruise is first - a multigenerational vacation; second - an experiment in can my DH tolerate 7 days on a boat; third- a Disney fix for me, kids and DGF. Now, if this goes well, I may be able to talk family into another, but not in the _near_ future. I think rebooking on board is a distant "Dream." On the other hand, if I win 10K at bingo, all bets are ON!:yay:

We are first time cruisers too but I know I'll be tempted to re-book already! But financially it isn't in the cards right now. DH (Jack) just finished his Master's Degree and is job searching so finding work has to come first!

Luckily my folks are paying for this one!

We are first time cruisers too but I know I'll be tempted to re-book already! But financially it isn't in the cards right now. DH (Jack) just finished his Master's Degree and is job searching so finding work has to come first!

Luckily my folks are paying for this one!

Congrats on the education.:teacher: What field is his Master's degree in? And best wishes for him finding a great career.

And what great parents. Mind if I forward your comment to Kim's parents?:rolleyes1 Just kidding Babe!!

Question for MsLeFever:

What is "WPASADI II"? I see it in your avatar section. Just curious.

Alright, I went ahead and googled WPASADI and it looks like a fun DISBoard contest. I see you were #2 so what did you win? What kind of questions did you have to answer? We can discuss on the cruise if that's OK?

Not like I am counting or anything, but we have only 23 hours before we pull out of the driveway and make our way to the airport.:cool1::banana::thumbsup2:worship::dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

December 26, 2007 to July 31, 2009, it seems like such a short time to wait for a vacation.

Jack's degree is in Instructional Leadership - basically running a classroom. It's an educational degree and he's hoping to teach at the community college level.

It is my parent's 50th Wedding anniversary year which is why we are all traveling together. I had a student doing the college program this year (she was friends with the Little Einsteins, Chip, Dale and many others) and she sent Anniversary buttons for them to wear on the cruise. But they don't like a fuss so they might not.

WPASADI was a great time - I came in third in I, Tied for first in II but then in III when they actually had great prizes I didn't place! However I use some of the things I learned there in the classroom so I win! I'll tell you all about it in a couple of days!!!!

We have to be at the airport at 4am on Saturday! My kids are going to be either asleep or totally wired by the time we actually get onboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter