August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways

The video starts about 10 seconds in. The 2 young girls in the beginning are our next-door-neighbors. :)

Kim

Oh my goodness! That was incredibly moving. What an absolutely gorgeous bride and handsome father of the bride. The girl who dances was so poised, and she obviously has been dancing for awhile. This brought tears to my eyes, as I'm sure it did to everyone's there! Thanks for sharing this!

WOW. It's taken me a while to write this because there just aren't proper words to describe it. The love and devotion you and your daughter have for each other shines throughout it. It is the most amazing father/daughter dance that I'll ever see and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

You looked very handsome out there! We got a peek at Kim too at the end of the video and you look great as well!

I guess my co-workers will wonder why my mascara has run down my face. :goodvibes

Hey everyone,

Just an FYI in case you were not aware: Some airlines have updated their checked bag fee. It is less expensive if you check in online and "check" your bags (including paying the fee) during your online check-in. USAir and Delta, for example, charge you $5 more per bag if you wait and check-in at the airport ticket counter.

This is fairly new and I didn't realize until my husband saw something about it on the news.

WOW. It's taken me a while to write this because there just aren't proper words to describe it. The love and devotion you and your daughter have for each other shines throughout it. It is the most amazing father/daughter dance that I'll ever see and I appreciate you sharing it with us.

You looked very handsome out there! We got a peek at Kim too at the end of the video and you look great as well!

I guess my co-workers will wonder why my mascara has run down my face. :goodvibes

Thanks, Marci! I LOVE your signature!! That is one of the cutest things I've seen...how perfect for the cruise! :boat:

Hey everyone,

Just an FYI in case you were not aware: Some airlines have updated their checked bag fee. It is less expensive if you check in online and "check" your bags (including paying the fee) during your online check-in. USAir and Delta, for example, charge you $5 more per bag if you wait and check-in at the airport ticket counter.

This is fairly new and I didn't realize until my husband saw something about it on the news.

Thanks, Melissa, for the info. I'll have to check with Alaska Airlines and see if they've changed their baggage policy.

ScubaD & disneymom - congrats again on the wedding! The video was amazing :thumbsup2 ...Soon-to-be Mrs. Spin & I are emotional as it is, so there's no way we could have anything like that at our reception...we would be blubbering idoits.:lmao:

On a completely unrelated note: not sure what affiliation anyone has to baseball on here, but I've spent my whole life growing up on the South Side of Chicago, and well, yesterday was a pretty amazing day. Here's a picture of me with the PERFECT PITCHER, Mark Buerhle! (from a few years ago)

Perfect.jpg

ScubaD & disneymom - congrats again on the wedding! The video was amazing :thumbsup2 ...Soon-to-be Mrs. Spin & I are emotional as it is, so there's no way we could have anything like that at our reception...we would be blubbering idoits.:lmao:

On a completely unrelated note: not sure what affiliation anyone has to baseball on here, but I've spent my whole life growing up on the South Side of Chicago, and well, yesterday was a pretty amazing day. Here's a picture of me with the PERFECT PITCHER, Mark Buerhle! (from a few years ago)

Perfect.jpg

Great picture, Spin! My cousin lives in the Chicago area, too (Gurnee) and is a die-hard Cubs fan, so I'd better not show her this picture! :rotfl:

Hi everyone,

Sorry if you've already discussed this, but who has Main and who has Late? Just curious!

We always get Main because we eat dinner early, around 5:30 (which is 4:30 Eastern). Maybe we'll see some of you at dinner, although I realize we may not get the same rotation.

I made my Parking Spot (long-term parking) reservation and set my mail hold w/USPS today. Sorta makes it all more REAL that it's coming up quick!! :cool1:

Hi everyone,

Sorry if you've already discussed this, but who has Main and who has Late? Just curious!

We always get Main because we eat dinner early, around 5:30 (which is 4:30 Eastern). Maybe we'll see some of you at dinner, although I realize we may not get the same rotation.

I made my Parking Spot (long-term parking) reservation and set my mail hold w/USPS today. Sorta makes it all more REAL that it's coming up quick!! :cool1:

We are main also! Hopefully, we'll have the same rotation. We're at a table with Dave and Helen. :)

Hi everyone,

We have late, which is fine with us. Actually, a funny story - we booked Palo for our last night, at 6:30p. Late seating is at 8:15p. I told DF that we'd miss the last regular rotation because of Palo. Her response?

"Well, if we get done with Palo by 8:15p, couldn't we just go to the regular seating too and snack?"

I love this woman! :lovestruc
Spin

Mr. SpinDisc,

We all have seen the picture of a nice looking woman in your signature, but have never heard from her yet. Any chance of having your bride come onto the boards? The problem is that she may become hooked to them.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Sorry, I must have overlooked your question originally. I've been working on getting my DF on the boards, especially when I had my Engagement PJ (which is linked to the picture of me proposing to her) - to no avail. Possibly after the cruise, but I don't think she'll have too much time to be on here over the next week or so. I can't imagine why...:lmao:

Same goes for me - but I'll try and keep up with everything on here as long as possible.

Later!
Spin

Hey Spin,

I never realised that we could review the entire story by clicking on your picture. Needless to say I spent the last 30 minutes catching up on your story and meeting Danielle. What a great story. Everything you did was impressive, from the proposal and how the CM's gathered together to assist in your special day, to the song the CMs sang to your bride (I assume they were not on American Idol), to the "Share the Date" (It took awhile to understand what STD really meant) photo, the church and reception buildings, and the rest. Can't wait to hear the story in more detail.

Have a great week and a GREAT Friday. See you next Saturday, 3PM in the Promenade Lounge.

We have late, which is fine with us. Actually, a funny story - we booked Palo for our last night, at 6:30p. Late seating is at 8:15p. I told DF that we'd miss the last regular rotation because of Palo. Her response?

"Well, if we get done with Palo by 8:15p, couldn't we just go to the regular seating too and snack?"

I love this woman! :lovestruc
Spin

Spin,

I'm totally cracking up reading this:rotfl2:, and my MIL who will be cruising with us thinks I've totally lost it. (Not that she _ever_ thought I _had_ it!) :joker:

FWIW, we have main dining. Young kids and grandparents with issues who can't eat ridiculously late. We also have Palo ressies for Friday evening, but at 6:00. So I hope that we'll be able to say "Hi." But let me say this about eating at Palo, having done so once before: Spin, you and Danielle are CRAZY if you try to eat any more after it.

1. The dinner will likely take at least 2 hours.

2. When we ate there before with 6 people, the servers brought us, like 8 appetizers, 8 entrees, and 7-8 desserts. My father asked for a recommendation between the rack of lamb and a steak dish (?) and the waiter gave a recommendation, then brought my father both entrees. Unlike myself, my Dad is a very light eater and was entirely overwhelmed. With both dessert and appetizers, we each ordered something, and the waiter brought at least 2 "other" items to our table as well.

3. YMMV, but Palo was truly amazing and we were really happy we ended our cruise that way.

In one week at this moment, I'll be in the WDT!!!:cheer2:

OK - my show is closed and now the official final cruise prep begins!

Here's a brief selection from the list!

Make packing list
Make Tie dye
Make Magnets
Make Jewelry
Make Gift bag
DH Haircut
Me Haircut
DS Haircut
DD Haircut
Me Haircolour
Door Decorations
Clean living room
Clean bedroom
Clean basement
Clean Kitchen
Clean bathroom
Clean fishtank
Kid's rooms
Mow lawn
Submit grades.....

whew!

I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed that the cruise is coming up this week! I've been on wedding overdrive for the past several months and now I'm trying to switch gears to the cruise (I'm sure you're feeling a little like this too, Spin! :upsidedow)

I am going to a "Made in Washington" store this week to pick up a few things for the gift bag exchange. Plus I am trying to think of what else I might need. I'm a very organized person so this is bugging me that I haven't even made a packing list yet! :eek:

We are looking forward to meeting many of you at the "meet" on Saturday at 3:00!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter