August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways

Dear Kim,

I can't believe that you came on at midnight to update us, that was very sweet! (And if Spin gets his way, rather expensive for your cabin:rotfl:)

I didn't post at all yesterday since I was down with food poisoning. I still feel pretty wiped but no longer think that death is sounding like a good option.

Dear LostatdDisney,

My heart goes out to you and yours. I am so pleased that your DD seems to have a really good head on her shoulders. Best wishes on staying healthy!

There is a sense of satisfied quiet in the house this morning. Now that the wedding is over and we are all back to normal, whatever that may be.

I just have to say how proud I am of my little girl. princess: She was so calm and confident yesterday. When the coordinator pulled me away from the wedding party to be with the bride in another area of the church just before our march down the aisle I became a very nervous, but proud, dad. She was so calm and looking forward so much to that moment.:cloud9:

To the future dads with this to look forward to, what a time in your life. To those who have walked the aisle, you understand.

And by the way, my goal was to have 30% of the mascara running after the father/daughter dance. I far exceeded that, but we even got a few tears from biker guys, construction workers, and a father-n-law who was ready with a few quips before I started. For the first time in our 25 years of marriage my FIL had tears and was speechless. I can't wait to post our You Tube video.popcorn:: Although the tears could have been on "how" I danced,:dancer: now that I think about it.

See you in 13 days.:cool1::woohoo:

Dave

I remeber our daughter saying how Disney would not be an invited guest in her wedding, which was fine. We understand that the Disney bug doesn't have to effect every aspect of our lives.

So she gets engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle in Disneyland,:smickey:she walks down the aisle to the tune of "Flying" which is the soundtrack to the movie "Peter Pan" and was also the background tune for those "Year of a Million Dreams" commercials Disney played a couple of years back,::MickeyMo had a glass slipper on top of her cake,::MinnieMo we danced to the tune of "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.:mickeyjum

Sweetie, we understand how you don't want Disney in the wedding. We don't want to influence you in any way.:rolleyes1

I remeber our daughter saying how Disney would not be an invited guest in her wedding, which was fine. We understand that the Disney bug doesn't have to effect every aspect of our lives.

So she gets engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle in Disneyland,:smickey:she walks down the aisle to the tune of "Flying" which is the soundtrack to the movie "Peter Pan" and was also the background tune for those "Year of a Million Dreams" commercials Disney played a couple of years back,::MickeyMo had a glass slipper on top of her cake,::MinnieMo we danced to the tune of "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.:mickeyjum

Sweetie, we understand how you don't want Disney in the wedding. We don't want to influence you in any way.:rolleyes1

Dave, I _SO_ enjoyed this! It's fun to be the audience! I also loved your prior post. I'm still so impressed that you got through it! I honestly don't think that my DH could have.

Dear Kim,

I can't believe that you came on at midnight to update us, that was very sweet! (And if Spin gets his way, rather expensive for your cabin:rotfl:)

I didn't post at all yesterday since I was down with food poisoning. I still feel pretty wiped but no longer think that death is sounding like a good option.

Dear LostatdDisney,

My heart goes out to you and yours. I am so pleased that your DD seems to have a really good head on her shoulders. Best wishes on staying healthy!

It was actually before 10:00 Pacific time. By midnight I was sound asleep!! :rotfl:

Just two weeks away now! :banana:

I really had an agonizing decision to make this week, one I never thought I'd be dealing with in July. DD 13 was scheduled to leave in them morning for one week of camp in Missouri. I knew that two other girls from our area who go to this camp came home with the flu about two weeks ago, so I called about ten days ago and talked to the camp nurse. It sounds like they were doing everything humanly possible to stop the spread of the flu. I decided that I would see how it went the term before my daughter's. I talked to the nurse on Wednesday, and they had sent 16 home with flu (out of 300). I was thinking I shouldn't send her, but still wondered if I was overreacting. But then when I talked to the camp yesterday, that number had increased to 40!!! So I felt like that was confirmation that she should not go. Fortunately, they will just transfer the tuition over to next summer.

If it weren't for the August 1 cruise, I wouldn't worry so much about it. My kids rarely get sick. But I just could not risk it! And since we are traveling with cousins and grandparents, obviously they would go on without us, and my kids would be heartbroken.

I am still sending my older boys to church high school camp. We have had instances of flu around here, but I don't feel as worried. My kids are around these kids all the time, and mine were exposed to flu that some of these kids did get when they went on a mission trip a couple of weeks ago. My kids are all taking Tamiflu right now, so that should help some too.

Anyway, what a crazy, crazy summer! I'm glad I have travel insurance, but I'm praying I won't need it!

Wow -- that is a tough decision, but it sounds like you made the right one for your family at this time.

You made the right choice - I'm going crazy with the airbourne starting very soon!

I've got to see my doctor on Monday because I've been limping for a few days - it just may be no 5k for me!

Oh no -- no limps for the trip! Randy was limping around a few weeks ago but his knee seems to be better now.

Dear Kim,

Dear LostatdDisney,

Oh no -- food poisioning. Not good. I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

There is a sense of satisfied quiet in the house this morning. Now that the wedding is over and we are all back to normal, whatever that may be.

I just have to say how proud I am of my little girl. princess: She was so calm and confident yesterday. When the coordinator pulled me away from the wedding party to be with the bride in another area of the church just before our march down the aisle I became a very nervous, but proud, dad. She was so calm and looking forward so much to that moment.:cloud9:

To the future dads with this to look forward to, what a time in your life. To those who have walked the aisle, you understand.

And by the way, my goal was to have 30% of the mascara running after the father/daughter dance. I far exceeded that, but we even got a few tears from biker guys, construction workers, and a father-n-law who was ready with a few quips before I started. For the first time in our 25 years of marriage my FIL had tears and was speechless. I can't wait to post our You Tube video.popcorn:: Although the tears could have been on "how" I danced,:dancer: now that I think about it.

Dave

I had goosebumps reading this -- what a terrific story!

:rotfl: You've obviously done a good job of introducing Disney to her in many ways even though she doesn't want to admit it she's really over "on the dark side." :rotfl:

Dear Kim,

Dear LostatdDisney,

I hope you're completely better now! :goodvibes

Post #800 - I'm the next pirate:!

Just a short note that our daughter's wedding was beautiful (hopefully, I'm not being biased! :goodvibes) Will post a few pictures at another time. I think I'm ready to collapse. :upsidedow

LostatDisney - It sounds like you made a tough, but wise decision regarding your DD's camp. Hopefully she will be able to enjoy it next year! :)

pirate:Disneymom, I'm soo happy for you & ScubaD! And I can't wait to see pictures of everything! I'm constantly in wedding mode, and love to hear about other weddings. It's very surreal to belive that it's only 11 days away. But I'm excited!

Dear Kim,

Dear LostatdDisney,

Hope you're feeling better, joycsk! Get some rest

Actually, I had nothing to do with the buying rounds idea, that's all ScubaD. ;) My response to it was a joke, just as I'm assuming his suggestion was too. And after just going over our finances with vendors we still have to pay :scared1:, money isn't so funny anymore :sad2:. So no fears, disneymom - everyone's buying their own drinks. :laughing:

Dave

Congrats ScubaD! I cannot wait for everything to slowdown after the wedding. I'm sure you and disneymom are relieved, but I know you have another in September?, and I'm sure the cruise will be a nice break inbetween. And I can't wait to see the youtube video - I'm a sap for those things, as is my DF. Congrats on the Disney influence too! :thumbsup2

Arlight, back to work. I can't believe the wedding is in 11 days, and the cruise in 12! Looking forward to see you guys there...no just to find time for the bag exchange :upsidedow

Spin

Thanks to all for your kind wishes. I'd say I'm about 80% better. I'd never had an experience quite like this weekend's. The closest approximation I can make is being in labor. Ah, well. I'm so glad that it hit now, and not next week!

Best wishes, Spin. You'll be on your way to Fla. Very soon!

Thanks to all for your kind wishes. I'd say I'm about 80% better. I'd never had an experience quite like this weekend's. The closest approximation I can make is being in labor. Ah, well. I'm so glad that it hit now, and not next week!

Best wishes, Spin. You'll be on your way to Fla. Very soon!

Joy - Glad you're feeling better. Were you able to pinpoint the culprit? (Such as a certain restaurant, etc?) Several years ago my son (who gets sick only very rarely) became ill after eating some frozen custard. To this day he refuses to go back to this ice cream store, not that I blame him! No fun!

Spin - Best wishes from me, too!

Scuba and Disneymom - Congrats on a successful wedding!

See everyone soon! I haven't begun packing yet but I've got a big tub of vacation "stuff" ready to pack. Also, I discovered that I only had one swimsuit that fit properly so I went swimsuit shopping yesterday. (Oh the horrors of trying on swimwear ... nothing will smash your self-esteem quite like it!)

Joy - Glad you're feeling better. Were you able to pinpoint the culprit? (Such as a certain restaurant, etc?) Several years ago my son (who gets sick only very rarely) became ill after eating some frozen custard. To this day he refuses to go back to this ice cream store, not that I blame him! No fun!

Spin - Best wishes from me, too!

Scuba and Disneymom - Congrats on a successful wedding!

See everyone soon! I haven't begun packing yet but I've got a big tub of vacation "stuff" ready to pack. Also, I discovered that I only had one swimsuit that fit properly so I went swimsuit shopping yesterday. (Oh the horrors of trying on swimwear ... nothing will smash your self-esteem quite like it!)

I know what those last couple of weeks are like. As hectic as it can get, it will all be so worth it on July 31st when you and your DF get married! :lovestruc We are so excited to hear about your wedding. :woohoo:

Hi guys this is me state side posting from boardwalk! We had a good flight but dave and I are totally mixed up with jet lag. We r wide. Awake at 4am! Yesterday we were at epcot . Soarin is my new favourite ride we did it twice . Had a lovely meal at le cellier. Sadly dave and I both have blisters now- anyone know how to get rid of them! What with jet lag and blisters we've changed our plans and are just chilling out here.

Congrats kim on being the next pirate and I'm so glad the wedding went well.

Take care all and I'll be seeing u soon!
X

Hi guys this is me state side posting from boardwalk! We had a good flight but dave and I are totally mixed up with jet lag. We r wide. Awake at 4am! Yesterday we were at epcot . Soarin is my new favourite ride we did it twice . Had a lovely meal at le cellier. Sadly dave and I both have blisters now- anyone know how to get rid of them! What with jet lag and blisters we've changed our plans and are just chilling out here.

X

Glad you made it safe and sound! Isn't Soarin' great?! We're hoping to get reservations at Le Cellier when we're there in January. :goodvibes Yes, the wedding was beautiful (but that might be coming from a biased mom!). :cloud9:

Thank you, everyone, for the :goodvibes. This wedding is slowly coming together, but exciting nonetheless. Up till about 1am last night working on favors, and still more to go...gotta print the programs too, and finishing buying gifts for the bridal party...

Oh wait, I'm not on the wedding forum anymore ;)

Did I mention how much I'm looking forward to this cruise?

:drinking1 :love2: :beach: :love2: :drinking1

11 Days!!
Spin

X

Gald you made it there safe! Hope you're having fun and getting some rest (and that your jet lag is gone before the cruise). Soarin' is a great ride - definitely my favorite at Epcot (okay, maybe tied wit Test Track). See you soon!

Dear Helen,

So glad you are safe. Hope the feet are healing. (or heeling?) Soarin' didn't become Disney's most famous and beloved ride for no reason, did it? We only did it once, two years ago, and certainly can't wait to go back. . .but that's another trip. Enjoy NY!

Dear Spin,

I hope the favor all-nighters are nearing the end. Best wishes for a spectacular day on Saturday. I'm really glad you are out west. Not a good forecast here on the east coast.:sad1:

Mr. SpinDisc,

We all have seen the picture of a nice looking woman in your signature, but have never heard from her yet. Any chance of having your bride come onto the boards? The problem is that she may become hooked to them.

Dave

Ok, the video of my father/daughter dance has arrived. I want to make a few comments first though.

1. I don't dance. But in spite of that fact there is nothing I would not have done for my little girl on her special day.

2. I break down at the end after she rushes back to give me a hug. I think this is due to my realization that at that moment i am no longer the #1 man in her life. it is hard to give that up after 23.8 years.

3. She has a great husband.

So without further adeui, here it is.

Dave

Sorry, I am having trouble downloading the video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter