August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways

Good night - or should I say good evening?

I'm looking forward to the weekend as Dave and I are going to Crufts (the biggest dog show in the world!) - not competing just watching and shopping!

Welcome to all

:goodvibes

Hi Helen. Did you and Dave enjoy the dog show? Is this the end of the show season?

Hello ladies!

Just talked to my folks and they've booked us for this cruise!

Traveling will be - my parents - celebrating their 50th wedding anniversery

Me and DH and kids DS 11 and DD 7 (when we cruise)

My brother and his wife. (well - she will be by then - they get married in Sept)

I am beyond excited - this is our first ever cruise and I'm sorta a rabid planner so I'm excited to learn all about Disney cruising!

The cruise DVD came today and I'm just waiting for my son to watch it (He's the other "disneyfreak" in the family).

We've got our room assignments and I bought the Birnbaum book.

I was considering getting the passporter too....have either of you ever used that?

Barbara -- welcome to our small but enthusiastic group! I probably already posted this earlier, but my sons will be 13 and 10 when we sail. Helen is a very experienced cruiser, so she'll be good for questions, and hopefully I can help with questions on sailing with kids.

I like the Passporter book much more than Birnbaum's.

Thanks for posting! :)

Even though I jumped ship I'm still watching you guys :lmao: I agree with Marci that the Passporter is wonderful for planning and the envelopes are great for writing down reservations, etc and then you have a place to make notes at night about the day. I'm planning on picking up the new Passporter in 2009 as they keep really current on excursions :cool1:

Hello ladies!

Just talked to my folks and they've booked us for this cruise!

Traveling will be - my parents - celebrating their 50th wedding anniversery

Me and DH and kids DS 11 and DD 7 (when we cruise)

My brother and his wife. (well - she will be by then - they get married in Sept)

I am beyond excited - this is our first ever cruise and I'm sorta a rabid planner so I'm excited to learn all about Disney cruising!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for joining our small but elite group.:goodvibes

Wow this must be very exciting - your first cruise

I think the passporter is the best guide book there is - I still read mine and this will be my er 6th cruise (I think)

However I have not done the Eastern before.

Please feel free to ask any questions - I will gladly help you if I can.

Marci - thankyou I was thrilled when you called me an experienced cruiser.

I thought this would be useful to have on our thread

Departure Day
Sea Day / Formal
Sea Day
St Maarten / Pirate Night / Fireworks
St. Thomas
Sea Day / Semi-Formal
Castaway Cay

It might change but its a start for our planning:goodvibes

Finally got to watch the DVD today! My son and I are thinking about doing the parasailing in Castaway Cay! He frequently chickens out on things so we'll see. Knowing that we can go together may make him brave!

When they say "some sleep 4..." does that mean that only some of the staterooms have those bunk beds? While I'm keeping one kiddo with me and the other is staying in a connecting room with my folks, they'd both love to sleep in the bunk.

Finally got to watch the DVD today! My son and I are thinking about doing the parasailing in Castaway Cay! He frequently chickens out on things so we'll see. Knowing that we can go together may make him brave!

When they say "some sleep 4..." does that mean that only some of the staterooms have those bunk beds? While I'm keeping one kiddo with me and the other is staying in a connecting room with my folks, they'd both love to sleep in the bunk.

Hi Barbara,

Yes you are correct - only some of the staterooms will sleep 4 and consequently have the bunks.

Did you book with DCL ?If so you can email DCL you should be able to ask if your staterooms have the bunks. (If you know your numbers and are not GTY)If you booked through a travel agent you will have to ask them to find out for you.

If you do have the bunks let your stateroom host Know that you would like the bunks made instead of the couch bed and they will gladly do it for you.

Castaway Cay is my favourite part of the cruise. I must say I missed it when I did the Disney med cruise last summer.

Once again Welcome

Helen x

My folks booked through AAA - I'll ask them to find out. We have our room numbers; I'll poke around and see if I can find anyone that stayed there!

I got a new cruise count down thingy in my signature! Woohoo!

My spring break is over tonight - and it's back to teaching tomorrow.

What's GTY?

thanks!
Barbara

My folks booked through AAA - I'll ask them to find out. We have our room numbers; I'll poke around and see if I can find anyone that stayed there!

I got a new cruise count down thingy in my signature! Woohoo!

My spring break is over tonight - and it's back to teaching tomorrow.

What's GTY?

thanks!
Barbara

Hi Barbara,

You could check here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm
If you go to stateroom reports see if your room numbers are there.

GYT- Sometimes people dont select a specific room but rather they book a category gty ( eg cat 10 GYT) which means guarenteed. Around 30 days before sailing they get their room allocated. It is guarenteed to be cat 10 but sometimes are upgraded to a higher category. - hope that makes sense;)

OH - I have a cruise thingy that doesn't show in my signature....dang.

Sorry not sure why your cruise thingy isn't working - although I noticed your photo - perhaps your signature is too big with your photo and cruise countdown?:confused:

Take care
H x

Hi all,
I might be joining you on this cruise - been on one other DCL, in April 2006/Eastern, which was my very first cruise ! We loved it! Wish we could go every year...
Looking forward to getting a cruise booked soon so I can count down with all of you!!

Hi all,
I might be joining you on this cruise - been on one other DCL, in April 2006/Eastern, which was my very first cruise ! We loved it! Wish we could go every year...
Looking forward to getting a cruise booked soon so I can count down with all of you!!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hope to can join us

16 months 2 weeks

:hourglass

Hi all,

I've been checking the price of our cruise and since I've booked it my category for 2 adults has gone up nearly $300:goodvibes (not including any flights, insurance or tranfers);)

I was lucky enough to get one of the SPR (Secret porthole Rooms, rooms that were origionally classified as cat 8 but then changed to cat 10 because of slight obstruction to the porthole) and I am chuffed to say that now a cat 8 room is just under $1000 more than I've paid - :cool1:

I feel like I've got a bargin -I never realised how much the prices go up. It will certainly be worth the wait:banana:

Hi just bumping us up the list

Anyone sailing with us is most welcome to join our thread:goodvibes

Happy Easter everyone

Well it's Easter Sunday and it's snowing here brrrrr:eek:

Happy Easter to all

I'm really looking forward to this cruise -I could do with some sunshine:goodvibes

Hi all,

I've been checking the price of our cruise and since I've booked it my category for 2 adults has gone up nearly $300:goodvibes (not including any flights, insurance or tranfers);)

I was lucky enough to get one of the SPR (Secret porthole Rooms, rooms that were origionally classified as cat 8 but then changed to cat 10 because of slight obstruction to the porthole) and I am chuffed to say that now a cat 8 room is just under $1000 more than I've paid - :cool1:

I feel like I've got a bargin -I never realised how much the prices go up. It will certainly be worth the wait:banana:

Isn't that a good feeling to know you got the best deal by booking early?

Sorry about the snow yesterday. We've had a few days of 70s, though Easter was a little chilly with windchills in the high 40s or so. It should be nice some more this week, so I'll try to send some :sunny: your way. Do you remember which restaurant the latest first seating starts in? I can't remember... I think we may stick with early dining again but want the latest early dining.

IndyRosa -- did you book yet?

Hi Barbara! Are you having fun planning yet? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter