• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 19 2012 Dream 5 night Cruise!

Many schools go back early to mid August. I work at a school, but we won't start until Monday, Aug. 27. I miss all the orientation meetings.:cool1: Not too upset about that! Forgot to mention, we are 2 50 something adults.

My daughter will be going to "big kid school" (kindergarten) beginning 8/27 so this is our last hoorah before that happens and our life of traveling off season ends. :sad2:

My daughter will be going to "big kid school" (kindergarten) beginning 8/27 so this is our last hoorah before that happens and our life of traveling off season ends. :sad2:
I wish I could travel off season! That will have to wait till I can retire!

Just booked a few days ago!! :cool1::cool1:

It will be me, my mom and my brother. First time for all of us! I seriously can't wait!

Celebrating my mom's big 5-0!

See you all soon :thumbsup2

Tomorrow is the LAST day to sign up for the FE Gift Exchange!

Just wanted to send everyone a quick little reminder, if you are interested in doing the Fish Extender Group to please sign up by tomorrow by either a PM to me or posting in in the FE Group thread for our cruise! Thanks guys!

We are getting very close, I am so excited!! :goodvibes

We're on. Me and my sister, booked yesterday. Cat 4d. Late dinner, Palo dinner and brunch booked. Of course all the Cabanas were sold out.

Can't wait! Two weeks to go!

tammymacb said:
We're on. Me and my sister, booked yesterday. Cat 4d. Late dinner, Palo dinner and brunch booked. Of course all the Cabanas were sold out.

Welcome! I can't believe we are so close now! I was sad at 57 days out when we booked and there were no cabanas...ugh! DH and I have late dinner as well, maybe we will see each other sometime ;)

Unfortunately we will pass on FE. Too much planning and it's been a busy summer for us. We are making door magnets however.

We got our paperwork yesterday. We did loose the $25 OBC when we switched to this sailing as we booked OGT.

No room assignments yet but don't expect the until next Monday the earliest.

BTW, for those staying in PC the night before, a few hotels have 40% discount coupons for parking at PC. Best Western. Days Inn, La Quinta and one more I can't remember. They are the ones in Cocoa Beach. I think it's better than park and cruise as you don't need to worry about the shuttle on return.

su_A_ve said:
Unfortunately we will pass on FE. Too much planning and it's been a busy summer for us. We are making door magnets however.

We got our paperwork yesterday. We did loose the $25 OBC when we switched to this sailing as we booked OGT.

No room assignments yet but don't expect the until next Monday the earliest.

BTW, for those staying in PC the night before, a few hotels have 40% discount coupons for parking at PC. Best Western. Days Inn, La Quinta and one more I can't remember. They are the ones in Cocoa Beach. I think it's better than park and cruise as you don't need to worry about the shuttle on return.

No worries about passing on FE since it is closed anyway ;) I am packing my door magnets too! I am going to make one cruise specific, but our door theme is gonna be the same as it was on our first DCL cruise. Sorry about losing your OBC, I am right there with you waiting on the room assignment. That is a great tip about the hotel/parking discount, we probably would have done that if we weren't staying at BLT the night before, so we are just gonna go ahead and use park n cruise. counting down the days guys!

Stinks that we missed FE by 1 day!! :sad: Have a great time everyone!

Would you know if the places in PC also have discount coupons? We are booked at the Residence Inn.

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

What a coincidence! We're on it too. Also booked on Tuesday. We're in a 6A. Me & my two boys (12 & 14). We've booked nothing at this point. Have no idea what we want to do. Couldn't get a Palo brunch reservation & not surprisingly the cabanas are sold out. We'll likely stay on the ship in Nassau. Not a fan of that port. The only thing that might entice me is Atlantis & I'm just not sure I want to spend the money. I'd rather spend it on a cabana if one magically opens up or a concierge upgrade at the port should one be available.

Here's hoping for beautiful weather & no jellies at CC!

Having booked so late, will we receive paperwork in the mail? I am usually booked months and months ahead, and this quick planning is driving me crazy. (along with hoping and praying for a great cabin after booking IGT! And yes, an inside room is fine!)

What a coincidence! We're on it too. Also booked on Tuesday. We're in a 6A. Me & my two boys (12 & 14). We've booked nothing at this point. Have no idea what we want to do. Couldn't get a Palo brunch reservation & not surprisingly the cabanas are sold out. We'll likely stay on the ship in Nassau. Not a fan of that port. The only thing that might entice me is Atlantis & I'm just not sure I want to spend the money. I'd rather spend it on a cabana if one magically opens up or a concierge upgrade at the port should one be available.

Here's hoping for beautiful weather & no jellies at CC!

Having booked so late, will we receive paperwork in the mail? I am usually booked months and months ahead, and this quick planning is driving me crazy. (along with hoping and praying for a great cabin after booking IGT! And yes, an inside room is fine!)

Here's to last minute planning!:dance3:

I was wondering the same thing. I hope we do get it! :thumbsup2

Would you know if the places in PC also have discount coupons? We are booked at the Residence Inn.

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I was told it was La Quinta (not oceanfront), Days Inn, Best Western and Palm Springs Resort (almost positive that's the name). Only the ones in Cocoa Beach.

La Quinta shows better rates now than the Best Western. It's ranked higher in travelocity and I might switch. In fact, the 40% coupon rate is cheaper than AAA.

Here's a link for La Quinta for the 40% coupon rate: http://www.lq.com/lq/coolsavings/packages/detail.jsp?ident=20120223023100

BTW - was looking at what is still available, and there are LOTS of cabins available. In fact, IGT/OGT/VGT is still available for 2 adults - not 2A2C (only VGT).

But there's at least 8 4A rooms available. Hopefully they'll do the assignments soon and hope for upgrades!

BTW - was looking at what is still available, and there are LOTS of cabins available. In fact, IGT/OGT/VGT is still available for 2 adults - not 2A2C (only VGT).

But there's at least 8 4A rooms available. Hopefully they'll do the assignments soon and hope for upgrades!

Here's hoping! have only ever had an inside cabin, but would LOVE some pixie dust!! I hear they usually assign cabins on Monday afternoon...after 3pm, I read somewhere. Not sure that is always the case. We usually sail on a PACKED Spring Break cruise, so a ship with lots of empty cabins will be a nice switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter