August 19, 2007 Disney Wonder

I just wish I could find Mickey Mouse material. If flys off the shelf once it comes to Jo-Ann Fabric. Last year I bought some off a new bolt of fabric on Monday, by Thursday it was all gone. And Disney will only let them produce so much.

We haven't even met yet and I am crazy about the energy and excitement on this board. I can't wait to see everyone at the Promenade Lounge. I'll be the one with the drink of the day in hand!! LOL!! I've sent PMs, but got a funny message, so if you did not receive them, My family of 4 would love the wristbands. Personalized would be wonderful and we would love to participate in the FE gift exchange. My DD is 13 and my DS is 9. Thank you so much for organizing all of this and adding so much excitement and fun to this trip. Our family went on the Magic for a 7 day cruise a couple of years ago and although we had a ball, we really wished we knew other families on board! Can't wait to meet you!!!! Terri

I cannot believe how beautiful all of your door signs are. Can anyone tell me how to make one? I am somewhat computer challenged and am in awe of how creative and beautiful the ones I've seen posted are. Any suggestions or direction would really be appreciated. Thanks so much!! Terri

Updated List:

14 families:

Donald & Daisy Duck
benseven
disney4dana
disneyfreak103
MickeyBeast
Dale-n-Chip
Dizzyworld
Exempt5
dramaqueen92
Jen76b
fluffy bunny
StewieL
jenanderson
julielouhoo

26 children

I was asked to post ages of children, here goes:

Girls - 6, 8, 11(2), 12(2), 13(4), 14(3), 15(3) = 16
Boy - 6, 7(2), 8(2), 9, 12(3), 14(1) = 10

We haven't even met yet and I am crazy about the energy and excitement on this board. I can't wait to see everyone at the Promenade Lounge. I'll be the one with the drink of the day in hand!! LOL!! I've sent PMs, but got a funny message, so if you did not receive them, My family of 4 would love the wristbands. Personalized would be wonderful and we would love to participate in the FE gift exchange. My DD is 13 and my DS is 9. Thank you so much for organizing all of this and adding so much excitement and fun to this trip. Our family went on the Magic for a 7 day cruise a couple of years ago and although we had a ball, we really wished we knew other families on board! Can't wait to meet you!!!! Terri

Okay Terri, you are in on the FE gift. Please PM me your room number so that I can add it to my list (after we close the gifting list, I will PM everybody doing FE's a copy of the list so we all have the room numbers and number of children to gift)

As far as the door signs are concerned, here is how we make ours:

#1 - go to the creative DISboard thread (i put a link in an earlier post a page or two back) and scroll through Pat's designs and ask her to design one for you. Then save it to your computer and print it on magnetic paper you buy from staples.

#2 - we use MSWord and import clipart from different sites, add the wording and print as listed above.

I am somewhat computer challenged myself, so I am sure someone on this site knows an even better way to make your own designs than my #2 - although it worked just fine last year.

Did you fly over here from the Passporter's Board?

I just wish I could find Mickey Mouse material. If flys off the shelf once it comes to Jo-Ann Fabric. Last year I bought some off a new bolt of fabric on Monday, by Thursday it was all gone. And Disney will only let them produce so much.

I know what you mean...our Jo-Ann's and Walmart didn't have any Disney fabric either. Here's what I am thinking :rolleyes1 ... I am going to buy some quilted fabric and I will sew Disney potholders on it as the pockets :confused3 ...then again, maybe I WILL just buy it from ebay. Another crazy idea....I saw potholders, the type with a pocket for your hand, with a fish scene on them. I am thinking of sewing three of those together and hanging them.

Ya know what...maybe we should all decorate our undergarments.....would be easier!!! :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Lee Ann
Very creative idea. It should work. Has anybody tried www.Joann.com or www.hancockfabrics.com for fabric. I just saw it listed there earlier this week.

^^^^
I have an extender thanks to MK. But have to admit I haven't even looked in my area for them. I will look for anyone interested. I'll let you know if I find any.

^^^
Julieluohoo
This is a fun bunch. The kids are in bed and drink is in hand. Please forgive for any misspellings!:rotfl:
I'll put you down on the list for the wristbands. Am I wrong --I think you need more posts to send a PM. :confused3

Dana

Julieluohoo
Lee Ann was right in going over to the DISign pages for help. Also in previous pages I posted a link to download Photoshop for a free 30day trial. I think it is www.adobe.com. It will help you take clip art and personalize it. I am no techie and it did take me alittle bit to figure out. Easiest way is to go to Pat or Amy in the DISign forum.

BTW if you want clip art or see a picture you like just right click on it and select "save picture as"

I cannot believe how beautiful all of your door signs are. Can anyone tell me how to make one? I am somewhat computer challenged and am in awe of how creative and beautiful the ones I've seen posted are. Any suggestions or direction would really be appreciated. Thanks so much!! Terri

Terri - I made a bunch of door signs last night. Though I am not terribly creative, I do have pretty decent computer skills. If you cannot find someone on the DISign board to help, let me know and I can help you by making some.

I have been taking some of the designs I see and changing them up a bit so that I am not copying anyone's whole design but the picture is one that many DISigners have used. Here is the first one we will use:

418798692505_0_ALB.jpg

Jen

Here is what I did last year. I use a paper from the scrapbook section of ACMoore, typed on the words through Microsoft Picture It, cut out a mini DCL ship and glued it on, laminated it at Office Depot to give it support, then added Mickey, castle, sun, etc. from a scrapbook sticker package. Added magnets to the back. It save me a ton of ink since I usually use all the blue up.

MickeySign2006.jpg

Here is what I did last year. I use a paper from the scrapbook section of ACMoore, typed on the words through Microsoft Picture It, cut out a mini DCL ship and glued it on, laminated it at Office Depot to give it support, then added Mickey, castle, sun, etc. from a scrapbook sticker package. Added magnets to the back. It save me a ton of ink since I usually use all the blue up.

MickeySign2006.jpg

Nice work :thumbsup2
great ideas for those who are not computer literate.

Thanks for sharing

DIS Meet.....3 PM Promenade Lounge

The Official List

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIS Meet.....3 PM Promenade Lounge

acman - Mike, DW Patti, DD Faithy (14), DD Shelby (12)
benseven - DH, DS (7) --- Early
BeverlyJ - ??, DD(6)
Cali Girl 2011 - Faithy (14) ---acman's DD
Chris Herbert - DDad Chris, DS Justin (19), DS Cory (15)
Dale-n-Chip - MK, DH Randy, DS Dale (6)
DarDar - ??, DD Smanatha (16), DS (12)
disney4dana - Dana , DH Geoff, DS Kyle (almost 12) DD Christina (8) --Late
disneyfreak103 - Shelby (12) ---acman's DD
Dizzyworld - Shirley, DH Ron, DS Alex/Ace, (almost 14), DD Allison (12) -- Early
Donald & Daisy Duck - LeeAnn, DH Donald, DD Meghan (14), DS Patrick (12)- Late
Dramaqueen92 - Cara (15), DM, DB (12)
dvcmember - Barb, DH, DD (10), DD (6)
Exempt5 -DH Rickey, DW Cathy, DD (15) Carina, DD Alexa (13), DD Brianna(13)
fluffy bunny - Dave, DW Marie, DD Julie (13), DD Lucy (11)
Goofyfam - DH, DS (12), DD (9), DM
HayleyMaxMom - DH, DD (11), DS (7)
hetherp - Phil, DW, DD (14)
Jenanderson- Jen, DH, DD (11), DS (7)
Jen76b - DH, DS (8)
julielouhoo- Terry, DH, (13), (9)
MephamKickliner09 - Samantha (16) --- DarDar's DD
MickeyBeast - Chuck, DW Karen, DD Courtney (15), DD Stephanie (14) ---Early
My4PhillyGirls - Joe, DW, DD (15), DD (11), DD (7) -- Early
Olaf - Stephanie, DH, DS (12)
StewieL- Stewart, DW, DD #1, DSL#1, DD#2, DSL#2, DGS Quinn (7.5), DGD Simone (5.5) --Early
TAKitty - DH, DS (13), DS (10)
XxTheDramaQueenxX - Amy (14)

Just bumping up the list!!

wow...the list goes from strenght to strenght...lol Will there be anyone onboard NOT in the Promenade Lounge?:cool1:

Have finally thrown in the towel re. FE. Not one .or anything vaguely resembeling one, to be had in the whole of my town (to busy/apathetic to try any other towns...lol)
So we have decided...*drum roll* to make one! And when i say we...i mean my DH, who has a way with the dreaded sewing machine that eludes me (i swear that machine hates me:eek: )We bought some fabric...an attractive shade of lime green :-)) ) and some black ribbon,and thread. And now we are waiting for inspiration...lol Should be good for a laugh eh?:rotfl:

:guilty:
No luck in the dollar stores in my area.

Shirley and Lee Ann I did find material. I went ahead and purchased some.

IMG_0836.jpg

or

IMG_0835.jpg

I have 1 yard of each and would be happy to mail your way if you want.
My walmart had Nemo, Ariel, princess, and Pooh material too.

Dana

Thanks Dana. I hope to go to Walmart this week. It is the only place I haven't looked yet.

BTW......you get make pillowcase with 1 yard of fabric in case you were looking for something to make with the fabric.

Hi everyone! My name is Cathy and as you may know, I am traveling with Donald & Daisy Duck. It's me, my DH Rickey, DD(15)Carina, DD(13)Alexa and DD(13)Brianna - yes they are twins, but do not look alike. I have been having alot of fun shopping for my fish extender. I've been to alot of dollar stores, but haven't found any yet. I am not on the computer that often, so that is why I haven't posted here before. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Disney's excursion was full, so we booked it on our own at 1:30. Is anyone else going at that time? Also, can my travel agent change my dining time or do I have to wait until I get there? Thanks! Terri

my mom says she cannot wait to meet everyone in the promenade lounge. She will be the one looking for her children with a martini in her hand. Her favorite part of last years cruise was the martini party and is hoping this bunch is up for a martini sequel.:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter