• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 19, 2007 Disney Wonder

Great to be aboard here. Looks like a fun group. I have not found anyone from the 16th to the 19th so I guess we will just rest up and be ready to party with you all. :rotfl2:

We will be willing to particpate in whatever the group has planned. Just let me know what we need to do. I still have not had a chance to read through all of these posts yet. Some things that I am thinking are: if everyone is in favor we could we could post a roster of who all is going and cabins if wanted. We could list by family and kids ages so everyone would know. I know my daughters are excited about meeting others their age.

We need to have a group meet for those of us that are not going to WDW first. :cloud9: Before the drill would probably be a good idea.

I will look for you all in VMK since I am on everyday.....I moderate on a nice family type forum called VMKLand if anyone is interested.

Anyone on first seating????? Really getting excited now!!!:yay:

Dismeet sounds like great! Let's pick a place! Should we wear something (a green lei, etc) so that we know who we are? :goodvibes

Great to see the new "faces":goodvibes . I've been so excited for so long, these boards have to get me through the next 50 days! We booked (DVC points) back in March of 2006. Shopped the Disney Store sale and got hats, flip-flops, etc. Only thing left to buy is waterproof disposable camera for DS8.
We're early seating for dinner. Looking forward to fun but not "extreme" excursions, too. I'd be happy to add our room info. to a list for keeping track of gifts, and some gift ideas? I thought we had mentioned a meet earlier in the thread - 3 pm - but I can't remember the location. Still fine with that, or changing if needed for the new, improved, larger group. We're not :sad2: at WDW before, but already planning August 2008 @BCV. Are any of you pin collectors? Know if pin trading is big on the ships?

Both my DD and DS collect pins. There were alot of opportunities to buy and trade pins the last time we were on the Wonder! You are right...we did mention a Dismeet earlier in the thread...I guess I will have to backtrack and see what was said.

I just picked up an el-cheapo hanging organizer I hope I can make our "fish extender." They are 6 3/4" x 18 1/2", three pockets, with two little Japanese anime' guys in space suits on the bottom (going to work on getting those guys off and replacing them with something a little more. . . Disney ;) ). It was at our local non-chain dollar store.
IMG_1540.jpg

Think this will work? It's not like I have a lot invested in it if not! :lmao:

mk

I just picked up an el-cheapo hanging organizer I hope I can make our "fish extender." They are 6 3/4" x 18 1/2", three pockets, with two little Japanese anime' guys in space suits on the bottom (going to work on getting those guys off and replacing them with something a little more. . . Disney ;) ). It was at our local non-chain dollar store.
IMG_1540.jpg

mk

:thumbsup2
Just put a large iron on patch over the anime'. don't worry about trying to get it off.

That looks perfect! I hope I can find one like that. I cringe to think that I may have to make (sew) one. Guess I will try the dollar stores around here. Wish me luck! The only thing you need to add is something to allow it to hang over the fish outside your stateroom door. I noticed that some of the extenders had a string that it hung from.

IMG_1540.jpg

mk

That looks perfect, just needs a hook. What area of the store did you find that in? I too, am not good a sewing, so I really don't want to try to make my own.

This particular store had a whole section of licensed stuff in their office supply section and that's where I found this one. (No clue if these space guys are "well-known" anime' guys or not--LOL! They sure aren't well-known here in Bedford, Texas! :laughing: )

Also in the same area, I found some of the usual dollar store Disney stuff: markers, colored pencils, pencil boxes, sticky notes, etc.

HTH!

mk

I agree That looks like the perfect little fish hanger with some string to go over the fish your in buisness, I'm in search of one just like it. Some one mentioned rain our year totals just came out for So. Cal. here in Palm Springs a whole .54 inches for the year this week they say it will get 120 in the shade. and as the weather goes it will be in Texas in a next week and on to the east coast. We have later dinner seating I'm concerned I never can hold out that long for food at nite. But was told when we booked our trip in Jan. 07 that 1st seating was all booked. But in all when I cruised with another line we missed the sunsets and things at 1st dinning so change may be good:thumbsup2 I'm still debating on how dressed up for pirate nite I'll be I hate sacrificing suitcase space for something I'll only wear for a few hours. I have to pack for 8 days in one case and I'm a guy just think of my DW:rotfl:
In Nassua my DW and myself want to go to Atlantis and try our luck on the slots but don't want to spend all day just to say we did it. How long does it take to take the boat taxie over?? Definitly should meet mid afternoon some where. P.S. the Treasure Hunter book I bought was from PassPorter's I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the "other" Discussion folks

How is that treasure hunter's book. I just bought the DCL and WDW Passporter books. They were on sale for 11.95 (deluxe version) and 6.95 (spiral bound). I couldn't pass them up. Plus, I was told that if you subscribe to their newsletter you can get an extra 20% off. How is the other "board". I joined a few days ago, but I don't find it anywhere near as good as this one is...what's your opinion?

I don't have any of the books others have mentioned, but wanted to add that I bought the Hidden Mickey's Book.

My DS8 was so obsessed with finding HMs last year, but drove us crazy b/c the ones he found weren't really "hidden". I didn't really know what a true HM was, so I bought the book to bring with us to WDW. I figure it will help past time when we're waiting in line, or just sitting down to take a break.

:lmao:
The $1 store is loving me. I've read that you should bring glow sticks and I am, but I don't know why! I've also read to bring bubbles for when we're pulling out of port, got 'em. The fish extenders, well I keep looking at the pattern and I really want to make them, but I too am just a costume seamstress and a little anxious about that. However, I did find Mickey fabric for the extenders (we have two rooms on the ship) and you guys are making me want to start sewing tomorrow.:laughing: It's interesting how I am so excited about our trip (5 days at Shades of Green, then the cruise) because I read the Disboards almost every night, but my family just listens to my stories of everyone's comments.popcorn:: The Disney Store's are having lots of sales now, so I've purchased many things for my DH, DS(12), DD(9), and my DMom (whose really a DSenior, but not sure how I should list that). If folks are going to have fish extenders, I suppose I should get shopping some more so I can put little gifts in them!:yay: We're also doing the Princess and Pirate party at the MK before the cruise, so we'll be ready for Pirate Night. Did I mention that I love pirates?pirate:

wow i did not hear about the bubbles thing bt i will look in to it.:cutie: we did get a few glow sticks and we bought stuff for the door but we are still looking for a fish extender. I am 12 and my sister is 14:cool1: . And then we are giong with our parents so there is a total of 4 of us:grouphug: . Is this your fist disney cruise. I would love to talk to you about the cruise so we can get new i deas. Just private message me if you are interested in talking.:woohoo:

Well first and foremost thanks to disney4dana for finding me "floating" out there and bringing me aboard. I had joined Jen786b 's thread last year and wondered why no one was posting. LOL! I was beginning to think I was crusing on the Dutchman. Now I know where everyone is and am glad to be a part of this band of pirates. pirate:

Let me introduce our "rag-tag" bunch. I am Chuck (49) and DW is Karen (46) and we have 2 girls Courtney (15) and Stephanie (14). We are actually cruising for 7 nights. We are doing the 3 day from 8/16-8/19 and then staying onboard for the 4 night 8/19-8/23. We had promised the girls a 7 night cruise this summer with our DVC points but then they moved the Magic. The Med was out of our price range even with points so we decided to do a back to back. This will be the girls 3rd cruise and our 5th...all of them with DCL. For those of you that this is your first time you are going to have a blast.

Regarding some of the past posts that I have quickly read (here at work) I will add our plans &/or thoughts.

Excursions: In Nassau we are doing the Dophin Encounter. On the 3 day we are just doing a little shopping at the Straw Market and hanging out on the ship. We decided to do the one big excursion on the 4 day. At CC we are all going Parasailing at the 11am spot. The girls will have done the Bannana boat and Karen and I the glass bottom boat on the first stop. We decided to do something wild on the second leg all together. Then I am sure the girls will be off to the teen beach.

Pirate Party- We are so looking forward to this (especially twice). We were on a special Carribean Cruise the last time when the first rolled this out and tested. At that point there were no fireworks. We are totally into the Pirates theme. However will probably not get totally costumed. Neither of my girls really want to do that but will go with the bandannas and such. We are making some t-shirts that they will wear. Would love to get a group of us together and stake claim to a spot and party.

Misc- We are actually themed out for this cruise. I decided to call it World's End Tour. I had someone from this board design me the logo. ( I actually used the Pirates on the Seven Seas Pin from WDW and replaced the skull with Mickey's head.

6ceph81.jpg

As mentioned above I am making tshirts (if they turn out) for all of us. We will be wearing white for the boarding both times and Black ones for the Pirate Party. Of course we have the magnetic board sign also for the door as well as the green Mickey heads. We are on Deck 2 / Cabin 2108.

I am sure the girls would love to meet and hang with all the other teenagers so I will have them check the board and hopefully touch base. I know they are doing the Teen Club the whole time. They enjoyed their past experiences with the Oceaneer's Club.

VMK-Just a quick question for any of the teens and adults?? Do any of you play VMK online (Virtual Magic Kingdom- www.vmk.com ??? Both Courtney (CL_PINKPOKADOT) and me (MICKEYBEAST) are active in the game and would love to meet any other Disney gamers).

We are first dinner seating so maybe we will see some of you there. We are all in favor of doing a meet or meeting....LOL!

We need to get a final thread together to let everyone know all the details and such. Are people still doing the "fish hanger" thing. Maybe we can get a post with everyone listed....I need to sit down and read this entire thread in its entirety when I have time.....until then the Countdown is rolling and I am looking forward to meeting everyone. It seems we have some experience cruisers here but if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Sorry this was so long but I needed to catch up. :rotfl2:

Talk to you all soon!!!! One last thought for all the teens....you may want to buy glow necklaces and bracelets ahead of time for the Pirate Party as it is cheaper at the Dollar Store or Walmart then onboard the ship. Stock up!

:grouphug:

Hi I'm MB's daughter! I'm so excited for this cruise too, I think its so cool to "know" people who are going. Hope everyone has a great time!!

Months ago I bought a e-book from passporter's with 250 cruise tips from past DC passangers I found many great ideas I had to send away for thier DCL book on Amazon with more detail about the ship and insights I felt I got better cruise tips from the e-book but none the less I don't want to miss out on something because I'm not informed. Also from Amazon I picked up Passporters Treasure Hunts for WDW which has questions that you answer as you visit the parks.Also questions for the hotels They even have hunts for the Wonder Sample question " A secert passage exsits on deck 5. What is it and who's it for? So when I'm doing nothing I can stroll to deck 5 and check it out. The book only cost 10 bucks and my desired results would be to see things I normally wouldn't notice. There I go again tring to suck every bit of fun out of my DCL adventure. The little boy inside is too excited I just can't help it.:woohoo:

It's been a few weeks since I last popped in here. Time is flying faster than I can keep up with.

:welcome: to all the new shipmates!!!

It does look like there will be a lot of teens and preteens. My kids are thrilled and are looking forward to meeting all of you on board. They are not big computer people.....yet. :confused3

Is anyone organizing a list of our group? I will do it if nobody else is. Just PM me or post the info.

Perhaps it could be:
DIS name, name or code + age of the children, early/late seating for dinner

EX:
Dizzyworld, DH, DS13, DD12-- Early OR
Shirley, Ron, Alex/Ace (13), Allison (12) -- Early

Should we add room numbers too?

This list would be helpful in buying things for a gift exchange for the children/teens if we are doing one.

Have a great, safe 4th of July!!!

Is anyone organizing a list of our group? I will do it if nobody else is. Just PM me or post the info.

Perhaps it could be:
DIS name, name or code + age of the children, early/late seating for dinner

EX:
Dizzyworld, DH, DS13, DD12-- Early OR
Shirley, Ron, Alex/Ace (13), Allison (12) -- Early

Should we add room numbers too?

This list would be helpful in buying things for a gift exchange for the children/teens if we are doing one.

Have a great, safe 4th of July!!!

It would be nice to have a tally of people. I will PM my our room number but here is the rest--
Dana , DH (Geoff), DS Kyle (almost 12) DD Christina (8) --Late

Have a Happy 4th! pixiedust:

DIS Meet.....3 PM Promenade Lounge

acman - Mike, DW Patti, DD Faithy (14), DD Shelby (12)
benseven - DH, DS (7) --- Early
BeverlyJ - ??, DD(6)
Cali Girl 2011 - Faithy (14) ---acman's DD
Chris Herbert - DDad Chris, DS Justin (19), DS Cory (15)
Dale-n-Chip - MK, DH Randy, DS Dale (6)
DarDar - ??, DD Smanatha (16), DS (12)
Darth Sidious - Scott (20)
disney4dana - Dana , DH Geoff, DS Kyle (almost 12) DD Christina (8) --Late
disneyfreak103 - Shelby (12) ---acman's DD
Dizzyworld - Shirley, DH Ron, DS Alex/Ace, (almost 14), DD Allison (12) -- Early
Donald & Daisy Duck - LeeAnn, DH Donald, DD Meghan (14), DS Patrick (12)- Late
Dramaqueen92 - Cara (15), DM, DB (12)
dvcmember - Barb, DH, DD (10), DD (6)
Exempt5 -DH Rickey, DW Cathy, DD (15) Carina, DD Alexa (13), DD Brianna(13)
fluffy bunny - Dave, DW Marie (aka MAZA), DD Juli (13), DD Lucy (11), DMUM Jane, DB Robert
Goofyfam - DH, DS (12), DD (9), DM
HayleyMaxMom - DH, DD (11), DS (7)
hetherp - Phil, DW, DD Amy (14)
Jenanderson- Jen, DH, DD (11), DS (7)
Jen76b - DH, DS (8)
julielouhoo- Terry, DH, (13), (9)
Maza - Maria (DW of fluffy bunny)
MephamKickliner09 - Samantha (16) --- DarDar's DD
MickeyBeast - Chuck, DW Karen, DD Courtney (15), DD Stephanie (14) ---Early
My4PhillyGirls - Joe, DW, DD (15), DD (11), DD (7) -- Early
Olaf - Stephanie, DH, DS (12)
StewieL- Stewart, DW, DD #1, DSL#1, DD#2, DSL#2, DGS Quinn (7.5), DGD Simone (5.5) --Early
TAKitty - DH, DS (13), DS (10)
XxTheDramaQueenxX - Amy (14) (DD of hetherp)

Hopefully this list will give us some idea how big our group is.

***** I pulled most of the info off this thread, if you want anything removed, just let me know.

Maybe we can start another list for excursions and Palo times? Just a thought.:goodvibes

TTFN,
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter