August 18,-25 2014 Disney Wonder to Alaska

Hi Everyone,

This will be our very first Disney Cruise. We live 10 minutes from Disneyland and go there quite often, so my kids are super excited! At the time of the cruise we will be:

Mom (Me)
Dad (DH)
Twin Sons - Age 11
Daughter - Age 9
Son - Age 7
Mother-In-Law
Father-In-Law

DH and I took a Holland America Cruise to Alaska WAAAAAY back in 1991 and loved it, so hope we can now share the beauty with our family!

Looking forward to a fun year of planning with you all!!!

Kori

Oh alright! :) && how so? By the end of our cruise, it is still August! She has school in August?

Our daughter will start school on August 25, 2014, which is the last day of the August 18th Alaska Cruise. We need a few days to relax and prepare for school, so cruising on the 18th doesn't work.

Hi Everyone,

This will be our very first Disney Cruise. We live 10 minutes from Disneyland and go there quite often, so my kids are super excited! At the time of the cruise we will be:

Mom (Me)
Dad (DH)
Twin Sons - Age 11
Daughter - Age 9
Son - Age 7
Mother-In-Law
Father-In-Law

DH and I took a Holland America Cruise to Alaska WAAAAAY back in 1991 and loved it, so hope we can now share the beauty with our family!

Kori

Nice to meet you Kori! :) We're very happy to have you all join us! I hope after this, you'll be as hooked onto Disney cruises as we are! And might I give you a couple of tips that you should definitely know:

- Bring a pillow case, tote bag or some item of some kind that you can give to Guest Services, where they will return it to you at the end of the cruise signed by all of the characters! (or just princesses/mickey & friends)
- room service (tip ~$1 per person in the room): Get the Big island chocolate chip cookie with milk :D it's good~

:D I hope you all have fun!

We are just waiting for a TA quote and then we will be booking this cruise.

We did our first cruise this Summer to the Med and had such a fab time that we now want to try all the ships.

By we I mean myself, and my DS aged 8.

Flights at the moment are a stupid price. Going to keep watching until they come down a little or there is a sale. We live in the UK so just a little further for us to fly. The plan so far is to spend a few days in Vancouver post cruise and then possibly travel to Edmonton before flying home.

We are just waiting for a TA quote and then we will be booking this cruise.

We did our first cruise this Summer to the Med and had such a fab time that we now want to try all the ships.

By we I mean myself, and my DS aged 8.

Flights at the moment are a stupid price. Going to keep watching until they come down a little or there is a sale. We live in the UK so just a little further for us to fly. The plan so far is to spend a few days in Vancouver post cruise and then possibly travel to Edmonton before flying home.
Hi! Welcome to you and your son! :) Happy to have you! Awesome to have some Brits on board! ^^

First post and first Disney Cruise! We are surprising our daughters, 15 and 8, with the trip for their August birthdays. Very excited to have help planning and experienced DCL travelers for advice. :)

First post and first Disney Cruise! We are surprising our daughters, 15 and 8, with the trip for their August birthdays. Very excited to have help planning and experienced DCL travelers for advice. :)

Hi! Welcome to both our roll call, as well as DISBoards! :) Wow! Lucky them! That's a amazing surprise! I'm sure they'll both be absolutely thrilled! I know I'd be!

sarahhchan said:
Hi! Welcome to both our roll call, as well as DISBoards! :) Wow! Lucky them! That's a amazing surprise! I'm sure they'll both be absolutely thrilled! I know I'd be!

We have a bunch of us that booked after sailing together on the 11/10 Dream to the Bahamas and we decided to all do Alaska! I admit that we got to know each other a lot better through Facebook, including the teens! And so, we did setup a Facebook group before looking at the Dis! But, we all want to be together for roll call and for any FE exchange. If no one has stepped up, I will like to step up and be our organization person for the FE and a couple meets. Is that okay?

Excited to do Alaska, as we live in Seattle and it's so close for us. Forties looking at airfare, try SeaTac or even Bellingham or Boeing Field. Some timed the prices are awesome.

We have a bunch of us that booked after sailing together on the 11/10 Dream to the Bahamas and we decided to all do Alaska! I admit that we got to know each other a lot better through Facebook, including the teens! And so, we did setup a Facebook group before looking at the Dis! But, we all want to be together for roll call and for any FE exchange. If no one has stepped up, I will like to step up and be our organization person for the FE and a couple meets. Is that okay?

Excited to do Alaska, as we live in Seattle and it's so close for us. Forties looking at airfare, try SeaTac or even Bellingham or Boeing Field. Some timed the prices are awesome.

Hi! Glad to have more on our cruise. Definitely count us in for any meets. Did you set up the FB page for our cruise? If so, is it open to all cruisers? Can you message me or email to point me in the right direction to join?

Hi Everyone,

Mom (Me)
Dad (DH)
Twin Sons - Age 11
Daughter - Age 9
Son - Age 7
Mother-In-Law
Father-In-Law

Kori

Hi Kori..I am in Newport Beach. I grew up in Irvine. :cool1: We are AP holders and are at DL all the time also.

We just booked our 8/18 Cruise today! It is DS & DD's Christmas gift! I am so excited, this will be mine and my kids first cruise of any kind, DH has cruised before as a teen. What better one to pick right! :woohoo:

Would love to meet everyone. I have read a little about FE and am trying to learn more how it works!!

See you all in August!!! :wave2:

I have also sent a request. I actually created a new Facebook account since we are surprising our kids with the trip. My teenage daughter and I share a laptop and I didn't want her to accidentally open my page and see anything Disney related!!

I had to push out the date of my trip. I am moving to the Aug 25 Cruise.
I'll be getting on while you all are getting off.
Have a GREAT CRUISE!!
Mary Ellen

Hi!! We are also scheduled on the August 18 cruise. Just booked a few weeks ago. At time of cruise will be:
Me - 37
DH - 42
Daughter - 3
Mom - 60
Dad - 65

My parents splurged on a verandah, we have an inside directly across from them. Plan to hang out in their room while DD naps (hopefully).

This will be our first cruise and first time to Alaska and Vancouver. DH and I visited Seattle a few years back and really enjoyed ourselves (we did a road trip from San Francisco to Seattle and back, awesome memories and some of the most beautiful scenery).

We plan to fly in a few days before depending on airfare. Right now best price is just shy of $500 from Detroit. Hoping to use Delta and US Bank flex perks to cover our 3 tickets but have to wait until our credit card statements close in 3 weeks for points to post.

Plan to pay off our balance using Disney gift cards from Kroger to take advantage of fuel point discounts.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

Requested to join FB group as well.

I had to push out the date of my trip. I am moving to the Aug 25 Cruise.
I'll be getting on while you all are getting off.
Have a GREAT CRUISE!!
Mary Ellen

Haha, thanks for letting us know! Have fun starting your vacation while we finish ours! :-) You have a great cruise too, Mary Ellen!

Hi!! We are also scheduled on the August 18 cruise. Just booked a few weeks ago. At time of cruise will be:
Me - 37
DH - 42
Daughter - 3
Mom - 60
Dad - 65

My parents splurged on a verandah, we have an inside directly across from them. Plan to hang out in their room while DD naps (hopefully).

This will be our first cruise and first time to Alaska and Vancouver. DH and I visited Seattle a few years back and really enjoyed ourselves (we did a road trip from San Francisco to Seattle and back, awesome memories and some of the most beautiful scenery).

We plan to fly in a few days before depending on airfare. Right now best price is just shy of $500 from Detroit. Hoping to use Delta and US Bank flex perks to cover our 3 tickets but have to wait until our credit card statements close in 3 weeks for points to post.

Plan to pay off our balance using Disney gift cards from Kroger to take advantage of fuel point discounts.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

Requested to join FB group as well.

Hi! Welcome to your family! I think our family is getting 2 inside cabins? && If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

Here's our roll call thus far:

- Sarah: sarahhchan (20 people)
- Karen: NYKaren (3 people)
- Kori: morrison6 (8 people)
- Crackleandpop (2 people)
- CanadaFunMom (4 people)
- plumberiainseattle (? people)
- TwinkleTwinkleLilBat (4 people)
- bernina (5 people)
- 7 other families on the FB group (? people)

Here's our roll call thus far:

- Sarah: sarahhchan (20 people)
- Karen: NYKaren (3 people)
- Kori: morrison6 (8 people)
- Crackleandpop (2 people)
- CanadaFunMom (4 people)
- plumberiainseattle (? people)
- TwinkleTwinkleLilBat (4 people)
- bernina (5 people)
- 7 other families on the FB group (? people)

My group has now increased to a total of 6! My MIL (70), SIL (50) and Niece (20)will be joining us!! First cruise for sis-in-law and neice and first time to Alaska for MIL. We will celebrate MIL's 70th onboard! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter