• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 18,-25 2014 Disney Wonder to Alaska

sarahhchan

Mouseketeer
Hi guys!

I looked around, but I couldn't seem to find the roll call for this particular cruise I will be partaking in next year!

My family of 5, as well as several of my other extended family members, will be going on this cruise in 2014. It'll be a sort of family reunion, with 14 other relatives coming with us.

Who will be joining us in this wonderful adventure? :)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

:woohoo:We are Going!!!:banana:
Thought we were the only ones.
Me- Mary Ellen
DH- Jay
DD Kayleigh -17
DS Kevin -14

WE are slowly paying down the balance. and can't wait to plan shore excursions. We still have to save up for airfare. From NY nothing is cheap.

See you there!:thumbsup2

:woohoo:We are Going!!!:banana:
Thought we were the only ones.
Me- Mary Ellen
DH- Jay
DD Kayleigh -17
DS Kevin -14

WE are slowly paying down the balance. and can't wait to plan shore excursions. We still have to save up for airfare. From NY nothing is cheap.

See you there!:thumbsup2
Yay! ^^ Finally someone else that's coming too! For us, it'll be (at the time of the cruise):

Dad: 52
Mom: 51 (bday onboard)
Me: 18
Bro: 21
Sis: 15

Plus my Grandma, 4 aunts, 3 uncles, 5 cousins and 2 cousin's DH! :)

You'll be able to recognize us probably, the huge group of Asian people that came together LOL.

These relatives are all from my Mom's side of the family! My aunt is a travel agent too, so she's arranging a whole bunch of the planning and booking ^^

We just came back from a non cruise trip to Vancouver, and I think we will do this cruise next year.

Vancouver was beautiful and hopefully next summer will have the same type of weather.

We got to see the Wonder in Port and my youngest daughter wanted to get on it so badly.

Hi all! We will be joining you on this cruise. By "we," I mean me, the DH and DS (13 at sail time). It's our 2nd DCL cruise, but 3rd trip to Alaska!

Sarachan, I believe we met already on another cruise meet board, yes? Thank you for all of the wonderful Vancouver advice. We will definitely be taking you up on the recommendations!

Dismiss, where in NY are you all from? We are from Staten Island. I hear you about airfare! Right now Newark-Vancouver is about $540 RT :eek:

Can't wait to start more planning, but have to get through this year's vacation first!

Hi all! We will be joining you on this cruise. By "we," I mean me, the DH and DS (13 at sail time). It's our 2nd DCL cruise, but 3rd trip to Alaska!

Sarachan, I believe we met already on another cruise meet board, yes? Thank you for all of the wonderful Vancouver advice. We will definitely be taking you up on the recommendations!

Dismiss, where in NY are you all from? We are from Staten Island. I hear you about airfare! Right now Newark-Vancouver is about $540 RT :eek:

Can't wait to start more planning, but have to get through this year's vacation first!
Karen! :D

Indeed, it is I, lovely_serenity ^^~ If you really do, I'd love to hear all about it afterwards :p

NY Karen

We are from Warwick, NY about an hour north of the city.
We will probably be going out of Newark and plan to arrive at least I day before the cruise. It seems Hotels in Vancouver are VERY Expensive.
What have you heard, and can anyone recommend a hotel?

I will put a fare watcher on all 3 NYC airports into Vancouver and see what happens. As for hotels, I will probably rely on Hotwire. With Hotwire, I will put a rate watch on the Vancouver downtown area and if I see a good rate, I will jump on it. Figuring flying in for 2-3 days before the cruise.

Sarachan: Since you're local, can you recommend a convenient hotel that is not too crazy in price? Vancouver prices seem like NYC prices for hotels. I am looking at Downtown Vancouver or Stanley Park area right now, but am open to suggestions! Thanks!

I will put a fare watcher on all 3 NYC airports into Vancouver and see what happens. As for hotels, I will probably rely on Hotwire. With Hotwire, I will put a rate watch on the Vancouver downtown area and if I see a good rate, I will jump on it. Figuring flying in for 2-3 days before the cruise.

Sarachan: Since you're local, can you recommend a convenient hotel that is not too crazy in price? Vancouver prices seem like NYC prices for hotels. I am looking at Downtown Vancouver or Stanley Park area right now, but am open to suggestions! Thanks!
Yes, I am a local, but I actually live 10-20 minutes south of Vancouver, in Richmond! (where YVR is located), so I'm not super familiar with hotels downtown. Not to mention, I live here, I'm not going to know how much temporary stays cost ^^"! When going on vacation, we usually just look for the cheapest, best hotel we can kind online. I usually use websites like Dargal, Hotels.com, Agoda.com, Travelocity, Air Canada Vacations etc.

We just came back from a non cruise trip to Vancouver, and I think we will do this cruise next year.

Vancouver was beautiful and hopefully next summer will have the same type of weather.

We got to see the Wonder in Port and my youngest daughter wanted to get on it so badly.

I hope you do book it! :D It'd be great to have more of us on board together! I've been on it once before and I am certain that your daughter will have the time of her life! ^^ I was so jealous of the other little kids on board, I wished that I was younger D:, it looked so fun to be a little kid on Disney.

Yes, I am a local, but I actually live 10-20 minutes south of Vancouver, in Richmond! (where YVR is located), so I'm not super familiar with hotels downtown. Not to mention, I live here, I'm not going to know how much temporary stays cost ^^"! When going on vacation, we usually just look for the cheapest, best hotel we can kind online. I usually use websites like Dargal, Hotels.com, Agoda.com, Travelocity, Air Canada Vacations etc.

LOL! That's true. I've actually never heard of dargal.com, so I'll definitely check it out. Air Canada Vacations is a good idea too. Appreciate it.

Before you know it, we'll be one year out and then the planning can really start!

LOL! That's true. I've actually never heard of dargal.com, so I'll definitely check it out. Air Canada Vacations is a good idea too. Appreciate it.

Before you know it, we'll be one year out and then the planning can really start!

No problem! :)

Definitely! && btw, just in case any of you try to recognize me, I will be the small (5'1.5" ^^") Chinese girl running around carrying a giant camera (distinct Canon camera strap ;) )!

We are scheduled for the Alaska cruise for 8/18/14. It will be me, my husband, and my daughter (age 11).

I am hoping we will have more families with kids around my daughter's age sign up for the cruise. She loves making, and hanging out with, new friends!

We just got back from our Disney Western Caribbean cruise, and had a blast. We can't wait for next August! It's so long away.... :snail:

Julie

We are scheduled for the Alaska cruise for 8/18/14. It will be me, my husband, and my daughter (age 11).

I am hoping we will have more families with kids around my daughter's age sign up for the cruise. She loves making, and hanging out with, new friends!

We just got back from our Disney Western Caribbean cruise, and had a blast. We can't wait for next August! It's so long away.... :snail:

Julie

Welcome to our roll call thread! We'll be happy to have you! :-)

i have my younger cousin (girl) that will at the time of the cruise be 10 years old. Perhaps they can become friends :D

Welcome Julie! I agree that it seems so far away. Can't wait to get onboard! My son will be 13 when we sail. Hope he finds some guys to hang with also.

We have moved our cruise date to 8/11/14. If we had sailed on the 18th, my daughter would miss the beginning of school.

Hope you have fun on the 8/18 cruise!

Julie

We have moved our cruise date to 8/11/14. If we had sailed on the 18th, my daughter would miss the beginning of school.

Hope you have fun on the 8/18 cruise!

Julie
Oh alright! :) && how so? By the end of our cruise, it is still August! She has school in August?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter