August 18, 2010...Can't wait for the MAGICal Mediterranean!!!

Bad news to those hoping to upgrade at the port. I tried to book a cabin online today and there is NO AVAILABILITY for our cruise!!!! Bummer I would have really liked that cat 3... Mindy and Jim, have room for another roommate......

Forgot to post this morning that I successfully completed day 1 of week 5 of C25K this morning. Wasn't hard at all relatively speaking, I thought week 4 was harder. Day 2 is on Wed, 8 min run followed by 5 min walk 2x's. Hopefully I can get through it!!!!!!!

Oh well, that just means one less decision and more money to spend on other things......:rotfl:

I'm already spending enough money in Paris, EVEN before I get on board!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Last night Darren and I were talking and we think we might NOT be buying travelers checks right now and just get cash out in Europe once there. We'll have our bank raise our daily withdrawal limit and take as much out as we need there and put it in our safe onboard and use a money belt while on excursions.

Bad news to those hoping to upgrade at the port. I tried to book a cabin online today and there is NO AVAILABILITY for our cruise!!!! Bummer I would have really liked that cat 3... Mindy and Jim, have room for another roommate......

Why? Are you trying to ditch your family? LOL

We found that out yesterday when we were playing with the site....the SHIP IS FULL! I'm not real happy about that...I would have rather it been emptier...but what can you do. MY DH said that the concierge said that they fill the ship by # of people not cabins. So when they hit the #, they stop the booking. For example he was playing with the website and got 4 open cabins...3 of them cat 4, then I did it and got 1 open cabin. The difference is his was for 2 people and mine was for 4.

The concierge is watching to see if 1's or 2's open up and said she'd call and give us first dibs...I'm not expecting anything.

On another note, my DH put together FE and he did a great job. It was originally going to be small and a little lame in my opinion, but he came up with a great idea of something to add and now I love it...I'm very excited.:cool1::cool1:

Why? Are you trying to ditch your family? LOL

We found that out yesterday when we were playing with the site....the SHIP IS FULL! I'm not real happy about that...I would have rather it been emptier...but what can you do. MY DH said that the concierge said that they fill the ship by # of people not cabins. So when they hit the #, they stop the booking. For example he was playing with the website and got 4 open cabins...3 of them cat 4, then I did it and got 1 open cabin. The difference is his was for 2 people and mine was for 4.

The concierge is watching to see if 1's or 2's open up and said she'd call and give us first dibs...I'm not expecting anything.

On another note, my DH put together FE and he did a great job. It was originally going to be small and a little lame in my opinion, but he came up with a great idea of something to add and now I love it...I'm very excited.:cool1::cool1:

Nah, I'll visit, they're right down the hall!!! Concierge better hold your cat 3 for me if you move to the cat 2 or 1!!!!!!

Yeah but Dan and I have been monitoring it for the last week and weird thing s are going on. They will offer no rooms, then all of a sudden tons of balconnies are available, then the next day no balconies only oceanviews...really weird.

QUOTE]

Well that makes a more sense...but still does not change why the catgeory availability keeps varying greatly day by day. If you are hoping for an at Port upgrade don't give up! keep your hopes up.

Someone mentioned to me that they may be trying to generate interest in their 11 day cruises...by playing with the 10 day so to speak. (another day at sea means more $$ in their pocket) but who knows:confused3there are always so many rumors and no one can tell what DIsney is doing. Plus just by the looks of the disboards our cruise is busier. I hope you guys can get your upgrades!

I wouldn't mind a cheap upgrade to an oceanview or balcony, but so far we are ok with our room if all else fails.:thumbsup2

Yep absolutely no availability!

Well besides the upgrade thing...this ship is going to be paaaacked:confused3 oh well, I am sure it will be ok. I have never been on a sold out cruise.

Still we are crusing the MEd in less then a month. Some of my FE gifts shipped so that is another thing off the list woohooo!

Unfortunaetly the scale is not really moving. I have been trying to work out but Dan is my parnter and he hurt his foot so it has been a week and half of no excersise. I mean of course I could do it on my own but the motivation is not there. **sigh**

A sold-out cruise is more noticeable when you have lots of sea days. This cruise is so port-intensive that it shouldn't be too bad. Even when it is full, there is enough space (except in the kids pools and the loungers by the pools) that you really don't notice it -- at least I didn't. It can make it trickier to get seats for shows.....For some reason, I never really noticed it having an impact on the character greetings/photo ops.

Lisa

Hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was very wet!!! There was a village fayre on yesterday and it was a bit of a washout. dd was so happy she won a medal in the baking competetion - sickly looking cakes iced with red icing! and one for her miniature garden. She was presented with her prizes, £5. for each one, by the Mayor!!!! He went to shake her hand - (which was hidden uup in her coat to keep the cast dry and had a bit of a shock, as it is so heavy and solid!!:rotfl:

Did my week 4 interim today, running for 6 mins, walk for two, three times. I couldn't believe how comfortable it felt, I could have kept going, so am going to do it once more to make sure it isn't a fluke and then go onto week 5 and the full 8 mins!:scared1:

I am so impressed. I checked out the website. It looks like an awesome program,but at this point I probably need to EASE back into an activity program.

Wow the 14th. That is sooooo soon.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Susan, mine is a bit easier, look at the 5k101 Running Mate, I think it eases you in fairly gently. I was chatting to someone about it and they said if you start it and are having problems, do the plan, but speed walk instead of running it for the first two weeks, walking normally in between and then go back to week 1 and run it.

Mindy, I wondered if that may work for you?

So sorry to hear about your dog, 21/2 is such a young age, what happened? Our terrier is old now, 14 and is lucky to be with us. She had Sceptaecemia last summer and we were told she wouldn't pull through, then the vet tried something a bit different and she pulled through. Then just before Christmas, she got Pancreatitis and again was a deaths door. Next time we won't be so lucky, but I think I am more prepared now, but such a young dog is terrible.

We too have had a rescue dog. He was a chocolate brown spaniel mix from the pound. Who knew when we picked him that Guinness would live to be 19! Despite the fact that he was blind and deaf for the last 5 years of his life DD was devastated when he went to puppy heaven in January. We told her that he could see and hear again and was happily chasing squirrels. We recently added a new puppy to the family. Roxy is 10 weeks old and is a lab/shepherd mix. There's something to be said for a housetrained rescue!!

All these new dogs!!!! Such fun, best of luck with Roxy, probably adorable, but the fun starts here!!!!! I have found you forget what it is like to have a young dog again, when you have had such an old dog, a bit of a shock to the system.

Do you know this poem, Rainbow Bridge, it is lovely, there is a whole website dedicated to it too.

Also, have a look at Ian Dunbars site, Dog Star Daily, a brilliant puppy programm, may help with some ideas, I was lucky enough to work with Ian when he was in the UK many years ago and he was innovative and fun.

Forgot to post this morning that I successfully completed day 1 of week 5 of C25K this morning. Wasn't hard at all relatively speaking, I thought week 4 was harder. Day 2 is on Wed, 8 min run followed by 5 min walk 2x's. Hopefully I can get through it!!!!!!!

Wow!!!! Amazing, could you imagine doing that five weeks ago? Fingers crossed for me, although not as brave as you, putting it off for another session!!!

A sold-out cruise is more noticeable when you have lots of sea days. This cruise is so port-intensive that it shouldn't be too bad. Even when it is full, there is enough space (except in the kids pools and the loungers by the pools) that you really don't notice it -- at least I didn't. It can make it trickier to get seats for shows.....For some reason, I never really noticed it having an impact on the character greetings/photo ops.

Lisa

Our last cruise was almost empty, it was the 7 night Repo from Barcelona to Dover, it was strange to have so much space and the kids club was quiet. I hope it isn't too manic though, maybe everyone will be so tired, they will lie in and go to bed early!! I am glad your experience is that it doesn't affect the cruise too badly.

Well it doesn't look like anyone else is likely to join the FE list. (on Page 145), I got a few things today. I am well impressed with your DH Mindy, my OH wouldn't have a clue what he was doing, although he did go out and deliver some gifts before, which surprised me!

Kate

Hello,
I was wondering if you found out any information on trains/ferries in the Cinque Terre region? I love to take a train out to the towns, and possible take a ferry back? Any info on this???

Mike

My DH found some schedules -- will ask him for the info... and post links
We are doing 5T - We will also be doing one way on the ferry - it was about 20E but this includes the use of the train as well......

the first train you want to get is around 10am

We are doing 5T - We will also be doing one way on the ferry - it was about 20E but this includes the use of the train as well......

Try www.raileurope.com

Should give you some ideas.

Kate

Hello,
I was wondering if you found out any information on trains/ferries in the Cinque Terre region? I love to take a train out to the towns, and possible take a ferry back? Any info on this???

Mike

A great source of information on travel to and from the cinque terre is Rick Steve's Italy guidebook. He has a great discussion on boat and train schedules. He provides the link to the boat schedule: www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it.

A bit of a sleep in!!

We think we're going to take the train out, then hike it in (in theory, anyway).

kim

Erin. These documents are great! What is the source? Are there more for other ports?

Thanks, Irene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter