August 18, 2010...Can't wait for the MAGICal Mediterranean!!!

I am getting nervous about fitting 10 days worth of clothing in a bag of 20 Kilos for both me and my daughter who also needs diapers!!!!! This weekend we are doing three nights and 4 days in Venice (it is a 7 hour drive so two of those days are driving days... wish us luck! haha) and I have it all in ONE duffel bag! WOO HOO! I am working on my overpacking syndrome! haha Anyone have tips for cruise packing with a baby and only being able to take one bag between the two of you??? Does a diaperbag count as a purse or a carry on?

I have a daughter with a medical condition and would like to have the ability to call home to her doctor if any problems arise? Any suggestions on how best to do this in terms of ease and cost? There must have been a thread on this..... just didn't find it.

Thanks for your help!!

Packing....... I have three girls and each wants to bring 3-4 pairs of shoes! You can only image how many suitcases I will need to bring!! :scared1:

I have a daughter with a medical condition and would like to have the ability to call home to her doctor if any problems arise? Any suggestions on how best to do this in terms of ease and cost? There must have been a thread on this..... just didn't find it.

Thanks for your help!!

Packing....... I have three girls and each wants to bring 3-4 pairs of shoes! You can only image how many suitcases I will need to bring!! :scared1:

Your best and cheapest bet is to use a cell phone to call home. The onboard cell rates are $2.50 a minute and on shore, the international rates aren't much more on my plan. If you use the phone in your stateroom, you're looking at $8 a minute to call home.

As for shoes, I'm sure we'll have an entire suitcase dedicated to shoes. I have bad feet and with TONS of walking in all of the ports, I need to wear different shoes EVERY DAY! So, I'll probably bring 7 or so for just myself..... , then DH, DS and DD will add to the pile.... I'm guessing that we'll end up with more than 20 pairs.....

Your best and cheapest bet is to use a cell phone to call home. The onboard cell rates are $2.50 a minute and on shore, the international rates aren't much more on my plan. If you use the phone in your stateroom, you're looking at $8 a minute to call home.

As for shoes, I'm sure we'll have an entire suitcase dedicated to shoes. I have bad feet and with TONS of walking in all of the ports, I need to wear different shoes EVERY DAY! So, I'll probably bring 7 or so for just myself..... , then DH, DS and DD will add to the pile.... I'm guessing that we'll end up with more than 20 pairs.....

I know with AT&T, you can add on an international plan for a month then cancel it. Might want to see what your carrier offers. I haven't decided yet if we're going to do it. If we are, it'll be my phone. DH's work calls him way too much...

DH rented his tux shoes instead of bringing his. More room in the suitcase, he says....sure....for my shoes!!!:rotfl:

kim

I know with AT&T, you can add on an international plan for a month then cancel it. Might want to see what your carrier offers. I haven't decided yet if we're going to do it. If we are, it'll be my phone. DH's work calls him way too much...

DH rented his tux shoes instead of bringing his. More room in the suitcase, he says....sure....for my shoes!!!:rotfl:

kim

yep, you can add an international plan with ATT, but it really doesn't give much in terms of discounts. I'll just do the free one for calls, which means paying about $.50 more per minute. I don't plan on using the phone much, just for emergencies. We are adding on an international data plan so we can use our iPhone in Paris. The international plans with ATT don't include the ship's cell tower, so even if you pay for an international calling plan, you're still stuck with $2.50 a minute there.......

Thanks for your help!!

DCL has doctors on board. You might want to bring a copy of your DD's chart in case a problem should arise.

Lori--Look, I posted, again!!!:woohoo:

oops...take it back...it wasn't Lori who was commenting about you not posting...it was Kim....:rotfl2:

yeah take it back... While you're at it... give concierge a call again and DEMAND that your friend gets upgraded to a cat 3!!!!!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

yeah take it back... While you're at it... give concierge a call again and DEMAND that your friend gets upgraded to a cat 3!!!!!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lori,

I told you, when we get our cat 2 or 1 upgrade we would be happy to make sure the concierge gives our cat 3 to you.

*bump* we fell all the way down...can't have that, can we?

Oops!... I posted again
I've nothing to say, got lost in the game
Oh, baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm insane
Got this cruise on my brain
I don't have Euros yet.

(Apologies to Britney) pirate:

Ok so I just bought a pair of Toms (yes, I know another pair:scared1:) anyway I am with Lori because I can never wear just one pair of shoes, I have to alternate. So looks like I have a pair of merrels, two clarks,danskos, a pair of formal shoes and maybe anothe pair of wedges... so six pairs...yikes!

Ok so I just bought a pair of Toms (yes, I know another pair:scared1:) anyway I am with Lori because I can never wear just one pair of shoes, I have to alternate. So looks like I have a pair of merrels, two clarks,danskos, a pair of formal shoes and maybe anothe pair of wedges... so six pairs...yikes!

I'm think I'll have 7. I have my merrills, my shape up sandals, sketcher slides (2), flip flops for beach and pool, sneakers, nice shoes for dinner.... It's never ending.....

tennis shoes, flip flops, black heels, black sandals, tevas and/or keen sandals, and possibly one more pair.....

No Jimmy Choos??:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter