August 18, 2010...Can't wait for the MAGICal Mediterranean!!!

hahah I am anti Nylons too lol! Kim that dress is so pretty, formal but simple. Mine is similiar. I think I will bring it because your right, I did buy it and have only worn it once! I will bring the black dress too and if I feel bloated after all the eating in Paris I may have to wear the black dress as it has stretch:drinking1 :rotfl:

Lots of water to wash the bloating away...

This guy is so funny: :drinking1

And so is this one: :crazy2:

I'm easily amused, I guess :)

Now I must wear my nylons...I need something to somewhat hold my belly it otherwise it will be a free for all.....LOL because knowing about this cruise for almost 2 years, I had every intention of losing a lot of weight before it....did I do it...no like always....oh well.:confused3

Now I must wear my nylons...I need something to somewhat hold my belly it otherwise it will be a free for all.....LOL because knowing about this cruise for almost 2 years, I had every intention of losing a lot of weight before it....did I do it...no like always....oh well.:confused3

one word: spanx!!!!

one word: spanx!!!!

hhaha I was going to say that too!

I probably should wear nylons to suck it all in,I just feel like a sauage in them:rotfl:

I said I was going to lose weight too...guess what? not much yet lol! I do want to lose like ten because I will definitely be gaining that over those two weeks. I gain weight just looking at food:rolleyes:

hhaha I was going to say that too!

I probably should wear nylons to suck it all in,I just feel like a sauage in them:rotfl:

I said I was going to lose weight too...guess what? not much yet lol! I do want to lose like ten because I will definitely be gaining that over those two weeks. I gain weight just looking at food:rolleyes:

Mary,

i have to tell you that on the last two cruises I went on, I actually lost weight, because I have been so much more active than normal....no sititng at a desk all day. If you'd like we can have a disboard walkers group....

Mary,

i have to tell you that on the last two cruises I went on, I actually lost weight, because I have been so much more active than normal......

I have to agree... I was very worried that I would gain weight on our 16 night Asia cruise....I actually lost six pounds....between all the walking/activity on tour and taking the stairs everywhere (a crucial weight-management strategy on any cruise) I did just fine....and I ate dessert!:banana:

Lisa

Ok here's a question for everyone....since the Euro seems to be rebounding a bit, we're thinking of doing some money conversions now. I asked DH how much we should convert and his first instinct was 4K. I think that is way way too much. We're going to get a combo or travelers checks and cash, and we got the capital one card since it's the only one that doesn't charge you for conversion on international purchases. I know I need about $1k for the two tours were doing, but other than that how much is everyone bringing....

I don't think I am bringing much cash -- you get a better exchange rate if you get your money from the ATM than if you buy it in advance. I'm probably going to bring about 500E to start off with, and get the rest as required.

Lisa

I was only thinking about $750-1000 to start with, as I've heard the same thing Lisa has. I'm just going to use my cc...only has a 2% fee, whether for purchase or atm withdrawal.

I'd love to find Euro travellers checks, but I'm going to have to wait to do that until we drive down to the Bay Area for our flight. No sense running around Seattle when I'm more comfortable with driving and directions down there.

kim

I am having the same conversation with my DH. I need to get some Euro's for private tours if we do them? Are people getting T/C in Euros or in US dollars? Are they accepted most places? Does the Disney Visa charge for international rate exchange on purchases? :confused3

We're not buying anything in advance. I think we plan on getting 1000EUR in travelers checks and about 200 EUR in cash prior to leaving and plan on getting more in Paris. Since DH works inNYC, EUR travelers checks are fairly easy to find. DH feels that the EUR night trend down a bit before we leave and if it doesn't, he doesn't want to tie up all that cash prior to leaving just to save a few cents per dollar.

From what I have heard, traveller's cheques are accepted, but you will likely need carry your passport with you to cash them. Also, I have heard that many places in Europe now only accept credit cards with the "chip" not the magnetic stripe...I know that is the case is France.

To be safe, I have updated my cards I am bringing to the "chip" technology (where you enter a four digit code as opposed to signing). Not sure how prevalent this is in the US -- it wouldn't hurt to check with your bank/cc company.

Lisa

From what I have heard, traveller's cheques are accepted, but you will likely need carry your passport with you to cash them. Also, I have heard that many places in Europe now only accept credit cards with the "chip" not the magnetic stripe...I know that is the case is France.

To be safe, I have updated my cards I am bringing to the "chip" technology (where you enter a four digit code as opposed to signing). Not sure how prevalent this is in the US -- it wouldn't hurt to check with your bank/cc company.

Lisa

I have read that that is incorrect. They can accept it, but it's more work for them and a lot of places do first try to get you to pay with cash, but they ultimately have to take it. You just have to be a bit forceful.

Yes, you can get them to work when dealing with a person (takes patience/persistence I agree). However, if trying to use your card at an automated kiosk (i.e., rail tickets, subway tickets, parking, etc.) where there is no one to deal with, in most cases the card with just a magnetic strip won't work.

Yes, you can get them to work when dealing with a person (takes patience/persistence I agree). However, if trying to use your card at an automated kiosk (i.e., rail tickets, subway tickets, parking, etc.) where there is no one to deal with, in most cases the card with just a magnetic strip won't work.

The 4-digit pin is not what guarantees the chip. There was an article in the Seattle times in the last 2 weeks that stated that the ONLY bank in the US that issues those cards is for UN employees. If I can find the article, I'll post the link. Any credit card can have the 4-digit pin #...that's how you'd be able to get cash from an ATM.

On the topic of Disney's Visa: I called them the other day (expiration of current card in Aug), and asked about international fees. Whether it's a purchase or a cash withdrawal, there is a 3% international transaction fee. To withdrawal cash, there is even more....but I'm sorry, I stopped listening at that point as I have another card that has a better deal. They were very helpful...

kim

Just thought whilst we were on money, people might like to know that in Tunis they will happily take either dollars or euros so no need to get anything different for the one day.

If you're planning on just staying near the port then cash will also be needed in Villefranche as it's a tiny village so no bank etc. to change travellers cheques. Obviously if you're going off to one of the bigger places then travellers cheques will be fine.

Tunis is very inexpensive. Italy is extremely expensive compared to England, so certainly much more expensive than America so we spent very little the first time on things to take home - mainly because we couldn't believe how expensive things were. Barcelona is relatively inexpensive, I would say most things slightly cheaper than England - so probably a little more expensive than in America. Toys and dolls are particularly cheap and good quality in Spain so buying them either at the start or bof the cruise if you're planning to get them is probably helpful.

Food throughout (we didn't eat in Tunis so I can't really comment on that), was similarly priced to the UK.

But then again, I guess all of that depends on the exchange rates - the euro is quite strong to the pound which makes everything seem expensive. So I guess if the dollar is strong against the euro it might seem less expensive.

We will probably only take around 200Euro and pay for purchases using a debit card in shops and restraunts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter