August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

posting again for Minnie11 and any other newbies.

Plan to join the DISmeet, August 17, 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3. Bring the whole family! L

Bon Voyage to DIZNEEAT as she and DB Tom start the first leg of their B2B! Enjoy and leave some fun in the boat for us on the 17th!

posting again for Minnie11 and any other newbies.

Plan to join the DISmeet, August 17, 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3. Bring the whole family! L

We will b there! Thank you so much!

Hi everyone!
We are on this cruise. It will be my DH, DD 17 and me.
Just booked it 4 weeks ago as a VGT.
We were on the Sept 27th Fantasy cruise. SOOO happy to be going back onboard. This will be our 18th DCL cruise and 4th time on the Fantasy.
Beautiful ship!

Just a couple questions for the cruise: (this is our first)

1) Do you have to take your passports with you when you leave the ship in port?
2) If so, are there lockers or lockable storage places if your excursion is a swim where you don't want money/passports/cameras to get ruined - can they be stored somewhere?:confused3

Thanks!

(1) No. You need a photo ID (like Drivers License) and your DCL Key to the World card
(2)Don't know about on excursions but on Castaway Cay or by the ship pools we use our KYSS bag. Love it. http://www.kyssbags.com/ :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!
We are on this cruise. It will be my DH, DD 17 and me.
Just booked it 4 weeks ago as a VGT.
We were on the Sept 27th Fantasy cruise. SOOO happy to be going back onboard. This will be our 18th DCL cruise and 4th time on the Fantasy.
Beautiful ship!

(1) No. You need a photo ID (like Drivers License) and your DCL Key to the World card
(2)Don't know about on excursions but on Castaway Cay or by the ship pools we use our KYSS bag. Love it. http://www.kyssbags.com/ :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks for the site. Great idea. Ordered one today and hope it arrives before we leave.

Only two days left!
We are very excited.

Who are the Geocacher on board ?
I hope we will reach Castaway Key, it's our favourite box

Greets

Michaela

Only two days left!
We are very excited.

Who are the Geocacher on board ?
I hope we will reach Castaway Key, it's our favourite box

Greets

Michaela

We are just waiting to head to the airport now, for our day at MK before the Cruise!
I have my GPS ready, filled with PQ's for geocaching in the islands! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It's almost time!!!!
Got our T-Shirts done for Pirate night and for Day 1.pirate: Borrowed Formal and Semi-Formal gowns. DH suit/tie ready. Boys dress clothes/ties ready. Laundry done!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!:laundy:

Boys are in Day Care for 2 days so I can sort and pack everything and stash in locked basement storage room. They almost found out yesterday! Cousins wife said "so I hear you are going on a cruise", boy, thought my cousin was going to break her ribs with his elbow!! Good thing the kids were not paying attention!!

Can't wait for Mickey to call them tomorrow evening!! Then I won't have to keep things secret and hide it all!!:mickeyjum

Off to friends house today to pick up stashed FE and FE Gifts. Oy, not enough hours in the next 2 days!!!!

See you all Saturday!!!!!!!

Its always nice to know your not alone...

So finishing up the pre cruise part of my vacation - waiting to board the DCL transportation to the ship and Im bumbed cause I forgot:

flip flops
bags of candy
my mp3 player
my bottle of rum (its still on the kitchen table :mad: )
to water plants before I left
socks (how did i not pack socks?!?!?!?)
advil ( I did plan to walk to some ruins - who am i kidding i mean crawl back form some ruins)

So what did you forget??

Its always nice to know your not alone...

So finishing up the pre cruise part of my vacation - waiting to board the DCL transportation to the ship and Im bumbed cause I forgot:

flip flops
bags of candy
my mp3 player
my bottle of rum (its still on the kitchen table :mad: )
to water plants before I left
socks (how did i not pack socks?!?!?!?)
advil ( I did plan to walk to some ruins - who am i kidding i mean crawl back form some ruins)

So what did you forget??

We forgot socks too! And our fish extender, 2 gifts, water bottle, vinylmation I purchased for signatures, and probably a lot more if I thought about it! Lol.

We want to thank everyone for all the wonderful gifts. It was our first FE and it was the best. We all loved coming back to the room and looking at all the wonderful gifts. Loved all the home made stuff. Thank you all. We had the best time ever.

Thanks for all the FE gifts, organizing mixology and a great cruise. Its always fun to meet people and see old friends.

Hi everyone,

I know you just got off the Fantasy (we were on the week before, Aug 10-17, 2013). Hope you had a great time! I'm trying to be in contact with a server on board. His name is Daniel (from Portugal) and he worked in the main dining room. He wasn't our server but at a table nearby. He was fabulous with the kids (we were travelling as a large group) and so very friendly. I would love to send him a small care package but don't know his last name. I tried to contact DCL but they won't release that information. I don't want to send the package to "Daniel" because there may be numerous people with that name on board. If anyone had him as a server, please let me know. Any and all help appreciated!

Alessia

I know I started late (okay very late) on the fe groups but I want to thank all who gave us gifts in the fish extenders my kids LOVED everyone of your gifts. Thank you so much! We loved our cruise so much we put a deposit down for our next one so when that cruise comes around I will be much better prepared and will start much much earlier. Again Thank you to all who came down to th second deck ;)

Thanks to everyone for all of the FE gifts! The girls had a great time finding all the treasures. pirate: It was like :santa: was on our cruise. ;)

We have just got home this morning completely jet lagged but extremely happy & relaxed from our awesome vacation :cool1:

Wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who joined in the FE fun. The gifts were wonderful, jewellery amazing (Katrina you are truly gifted) :flower3:

Can I say a special thank you to Ryan Reynolds for his autographed picture :goodvibes

I also want to mention Karin/Dizneet who plied my girls with copious amounts of Maoam chews and Mickey head cereal treats stick bars. We had a cooler FULL of the darn things :rolleyes2 and the extra wonderful knitted Mickey shorts tissue holders have found good homes here in the UK :dance3:

The cruise was fantastic but I swear it was never a week we had:confused3 it felt like 4 days :confused3 what happened to my other 3 days:confused3

Hopefully keep in touch with some of you guys and remember if you are ever in the area do come and visit us in sunny Cornwall, we love entertaining:cheer2:

We are home!!!!

To those who participated in the 4pm Mixology Group... You guys were awesome!!!! Watching you guys spank shakers, pulverize fruit and pour drinks was fun!

Cynthia and Rob + Kids ----> thank you for letting us dine with you guys, we had a great time!!

My FISH people.... OMG..... you guys are awesome... the creativity, ingenuity and talent amongst you all is amazing.... We loved all of our treasures....

I hope everyone has arrived home safely and you have sweet dreams of this warm vacation long into the coming chilly winter....

We are going to cruise next year a back to back on the dream in August... If I don't see you then, then I hope to have the opportunity to cruise with you again in the coming years!!!

Did anyone in the mixology groups get the recipes for any of the drinks? I don't need the car bomb one though. Thanks!!:stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter