August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Thanks for the warm welcome....We have a port check in time of 11:30AM -12:00PM Is anyone else with us?

We chose the 12 - 12.30 check in as DH wants to collect his car bits from Ecklers on route. Hoping to be at the terminal well before 12 so we squeeze on by 12 :crowded:

Don't eat all the ice cream before we get there :eek:

We chose the 12 - 12.30 check in as DH wants to collect his car bits from Ecklers on route. Hoping to be at the terminal well before 12 so we squeeze on by 12 :crowded:

Well, I MIGHT leave you some ..... but the mint chocolate chip is all mine! :rotfl2:

Sorry I can't make any promises on the ice cream......there are 4 of us remember :rotfl2:

We are going to have shirts made for us this weekend I'll let you know what we will be wearing, make it easy to know who we are.....

Hi :)

So after torturing myself with videos of the cruise I decided to get involved with the thread. Really excited for the cruise and quite literally counting down the days now!! Eeek!!

I'm a 14 year old girl travelling with my close family - DF,DM,DGM. Looking for any boys/girls around a similar age who want to talk prior to sailing so there's a familiar face on board :goodvibes

Anyway, just putting my name out here and waiting to see what happens :)

Looking forward to seeing your smiling faces in a few weeks

-ScarsAndStars

Sorry I can't make any promises on the ice cream......there are 4 of us remember :rotfl2:

We are going to have shirts made for us this weekend I'll let you know what we will be wearing, make it easy to know who we are.....

Hey save some for us too! Mint chocolate chip is my favorite! :rolleyes1:rotfl2::thumbsup2

Ok all you creative Dis- pals - I need your help. My DD recently lost her last baby tooth. That evening she wondered aloud, what happens if a tooth is lost while on a Disney Cruise, "I wonder if a special tooth fairy comes (big grin and a sparkle in her eye)?" Now, I realize she is milking this for all it is worth, but she decided to hold on to the tooth and bring it on the cruise in hopes of trading up to a Disney tooth fairy. Since she is my youngest and this is the last of my tooth fairy duties I'm inclined to go along with this little scheme. In addition, I made a pretty terrible tooth fairy all these years. I was perpetually tardy, had to write several tiny, sparkly notes of apology, rarely paid what the tooth was worth.... So I kind of think I should make-up for my deficiencies and end my duties on an up note. So..... What would the Disney tooth fairy bring or do? Suggestions?

Ok all you creative Dis- pals - I need your help. My DD recently lost her last baby tooth. That evening she wondered aloud, what happens if a tooth is lost while on a Disney Cruise, "I wonder if a special tooth fairy comes (big grin and a sparkle in her eye)?" Now, I realize she is milking this for all it is worth, but she decided to hold on to the tooth and bring it on the cruise in hopes of trading up to a Disney tooth fairy. Since she is my youngest and this is the last of my tooth fairy duties I'm inclined to go along with this little scheme. In addition, I made a pretty terrible tooth fairy all these years. I was perpetually tardy, had to write several tiny, sparkly notes of apology, rarely paid what the tooth was worth.... So I kind of think I should make-up for my deficiencies and end my duties on an up note. So..... What would the Disney tooth fairy bring or do? Suggestions?

The tooth fairy doesn't work here in Austria. :rotfl2: Guess she has some work issues.............. ;)

BUT, just a few days ago I read this thread http://www.disunplugged.com/2008/08/03/tinkerbell-spreads-magic-disney-cruise-line/
and I just remembered it when I read your post.pixiedust: Maybe this is something you could try to do for your daughter. Unfortunately since I don't have any experience with tooth fairies and the amount of money she leaves, I have little suggestion on what to give, I only know that they sell cute DCL gift cards. But I think they only start at 20 or 25$.

The tooth fairy doesn't work here in Austria. :rotfl2: Guess she has some work issues.............. ;)

BUT, just a few days ago I read this thread http://www.disunplugged.com/2008/08/03/tinkerbell-spreads-magic-disney-cruise-line/
and I just remembered it when I read your post.pixiedust: Maybe this is something you could try to do for your daughter. Unfortunately since I don't have any experience with tooth fairies and the amount of money she leaves, I have little suggestion on what to give, I only know that they sell cute DCL gift cards. But I think they only start at 20 or 25$.

Wow! That is really sweet! Thank you for the tip/link. I might feel guilty asking a CM since she technically lost the tooth before the cruise - but I could pack some pixie dust and make a Tinkerbell card like that. That would work great. I like the idea of a gift card. Our tooth fairy usually only ever left coins so she would think a gift card was extra special for sure! Thanks!

Wow! That is really sweet! Thank you for the tip/link. I might feel guilty asking a CM since she technically lost the tooth before the cruise - but I could pack some pixie dust and make a Tinkerbell card like that. That would work great. I like the idea of a gift card. Our tooth fairy usually only ever left coins so she would think a gift card was extra special for sure! Thanks!

Glad I could help! :goodvibes
Maybe ask for some Mickey confetti at guest services? Or ask your stateroom host for it?

Hi again, I am just going to post this every few days or so- just to be sure everyone sees it. Plan to join the DISmeet, August 17, 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3.. Bring the whole family! L

Maybe ask for some Mickey confetti at guest services? Or ask your stateroom host for it?[/COLOR][/FONT]

We have so much of the Mickey confetti: All the children and many adults collected it after the "Till we meet again-Party".

And don't forget: "Faith, trusth and pixiedust"

Greets

Michaela

I would probably create a card at home with a little note from her favorite character. Then I'd bring it to guest services shortly after boarding & ask them to have that character sign the note (so you can pick it up later that night because you KNOW the tooth fairy will have to appear the first night). I'd bring a small stuffed version of that character (if possible) to leave with whatever amount of money the tooth fairy leaves. Confetti would be a nice bonus.

Hi :)

So after torturing myself with videos of the cruise I decided to get involved with the thread. Really excited for the cruise and quite literally counting down the days now!! Eeek!!

I'm a 14 year old girl travelling with my close family - DF,DM,DGM. Looking for any boys/girls around a similar age who want to talk prior to sailing so there's a familiar face on board :goodvibes

Anyway, just putting my name out here and waiting to see what happens :)

Looking forward to seeing your smiling faces in a few weeks

-ScarsAndStars

Hi & welcome aboard :)

My DD's , Emma is 14 & Amelia 16. Feel free to contact them via FB https://www.facebook.com/emma.indans.9?fref=ts is Emma's account. Have you joined the FB page for our cruise? Link is here for you info https://www.facebook.com/groups/350458065029150/498568903551398/?notif_t=group_activity

I just signed up to the group and sent a friend request to Emma. I see your from Cornwall? If I'm right it means we're pretty close (compared to UK/USA) :):):)

-ScarsAndStars

I just signed up to the group and sent a friend request to Emma. I see your from Cornwall? If I'm right it means we're pretty close (compared to UK/USA) :):):)

-ScarsAndStars

Almost neighbours;)

Emma has received/accepted your request :)

If you look on the Disney Fantasy FB page there are other teenagers looking to make friends before the cruise. It looks like there's quite a few teens.

Anyway have a safe journey over to the States & see you & your family soon:cool1:

Say, on a different note, have you heard from mominva, ydrj or disfan33 in recent months? I'm not convinced they are still sailing with us....

So sorry for not being on the board in a very long time. We had a major shake up at work, and I just got back from a trip to Trinidad for a family wedding that involved a lot of planning on my part. Finally can focus on our cruise in just a couple of weeks!

We have booked the Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel Combo for Cozumel and the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins at Costa Maya. We are going to Tiki beach at Grand Cayman but making our own way there. Can't wait to be there :beach:

We have booked these same two tours. Can't wait to see the Mayan ruins, and my son has been wanting to rent a dune buggy for a very long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter