• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

We are excited for our first Disney cruise! We have 2 boys - age 10 and 7.5. They have NO idea we are going! We have a Mickey call set up for the evening of 8/16 which will be when they find out!! I will be video taping their response!! We are from CT. Any other CT-ers out there? or MA? We are 1 mile from MA.
We are from MA. We are bringing friends of ours who have never sailed. I'm so excited to show them everything. I could never keep such a secret. That video will be awesome.

We booked excursions for all but one port. Does anyone else stay on board in any ports??
We haven't booked anything. No plans to get off the ship except CC. Things do not shut down on the ship in port so we will take advantage of smaller crowds.

oohh, 1 more post after this!! Finally!!

Anyone else concerned about hurricane season? My husband is. My theory is a hurricaned vacation is better than any sunny day working!!!!

Hi and welcome aboard :welcome:

Love all your posts, I really felt for each one ;-)

You will love the cruise, they are AWESOME:cool1:

We are leaving the ship at each port but we love exploring :love:

There is so much to do on board that you will be hard pressed to be 'bored' and everything is open when we are in port:banana:

We have cruised hurricane season before and the weather was lovely, we did a 4 day cruise and there was a storm out at sea so we got to do 2 days at Castaway Key :thanks:

Hope to see you at the DISmeet

Our list is constantly growing, so we have decided that once we reach our cut off date, which will be June 30th, we will divide the group into smaller groups. This should work like this ......

Groups will have around 50+ people in it (adults AND children)
Groups will be divided by decks that are close together (to save on running around)
If you want to be in more than 1 group please just let me know, so I can put you on all/1 other list.
Hope this is in everyones interest! :thumbsup2

Hi Dizneeat!
I've been keeping an eye on our FE list. I noticed two names were dropped (UltimateDisneyFan and Joy) and I'm anticipating two being added (lairdgi and zwerch). If I'm counting correctly, that will bring us to right around 30 staterooms/107 participants total. I've decided I DO have enough goodies for that many staterooms/people so please DO put me on both lists. Thank you for organizing this for us!! :thumbsup2

Oh, then I want to tell you, that we will have stateroom 7008.

On Grand Cayman we have booked the "Stingray City Snorkel Tour" and in Cozumel the "Tulum Ruins".
It's our first visit in Mexico so we are really curious.

Is somewhere in this group, who loves Geocaching ?

Greets from Germany

Michaela

I've read that there are free, or mostly free if you buy a drink, beaches in or near Costa Maya. Does anyone have experience with that? Where would you recommend?:yay:

On Grand Cayman we have booked the "Stingray City Snorkel Tour" and in Cozumel the "Tulum Ruins".

Greets from Germany

Michaela

Hi I have just Googled Geocaching and it sounds fun. If we could (you could ;)) organise one that would be awesome :cool1:

Yes! We do! We've geocached in many states and internationally. It is great fun! We might look for the cache on CC but we will not be geocaching in Mexico for safety reasons. If there are caches near the beaches on Grand Cayman we might try one there.

Thanks to all for welcome us !

Yes, we like to join you for the FE.

We will start on the August, 4 and will stay in Cap Coral until we set sail.

After the cruise, we will visit 3 days WDW and we don't know, how we can see all the interesting places

Have you booked port adventures ?

Greets

Michaela

Michaela, hope you got my email yesterday. So nice to chat with someone in one's mother tongue. :thumbsup2
I put you on the FE list. It will be closed on June 30th, so by July 1st (or 2nd) it should be ready. Please let me know everyone's first names, ages of kids and your stateroom number (but I think I got that already ;))

3 days to see ALL of WDW is pretty short. We will have 12 WDW days this time (and we go on a regular basis, at least twice a year) and I know it will regret not having more. But then we are not commando people and are going to meet a bunch of friends.

Yes, we booked a few port adventures - not sure to tackle Mexico on my own. ;) The other thing we booked was a Cabana on CC. Can't do without, we just love to have that retreat.

Now that school is out I can start thinking about creating our fish extender. If anyone has some good sites to find iron on appliques that would be great. I noticed the embroidery machines are expensive. I was going to go that route, but I think it would be very costly. Also, does anyone know if a teen thread was set up for our cruise? I have a shy 15 year old girl that I was hoping could chat with some girls around her age before we sailed! Thanks and looking forward to seeing our FE list next week.:)

Lucky you!
We still have a week of school ahead of us. :scared1: But then it will be 9 weeks of pupil free blizz. :rotfl2:
Sorry, but I won't be any help with the appliques or a teen thread, but just an idea - why not use an "iron on" print out. We have done that for T-shirts and carrier bags for some cruises and it worked out great!

FE list should be done by July 1st or 2nd (depending on what's still going on at school).

We are excited for our first Disney cruise! We have 2 boys - age 10 and 7.5. They have NO idea we are going! We have a Mickey call set up for the evening of 8/16 which will be when they find out!! I will be video taping their response!! We are from CT. Any other CT-ers out there? or MA? We are 1 mile from MA.

We would like to join the FE list!! Thank you!! We are in cabin # 8134.

I added you to the list - thanks for the details you sent via PM!

What a surprise for your boys. You need to tell us about their reaction when we meet on board! :thumbsup2

While in port, is the AquaDuck open? Is everything still open or do they close since people go off ship?

YES, it is open and often lines are MUCH shorter while people are on excursions and out shopping. :goodvibes

:banana: FE participants for August 17, 2013 :banana:
lairdgi
Zwerch
Minnie.fan
vet1999
4kingdom
mkmouse25
bugsmama
cakiesmom
ydrj
DVCNuts
ladyleslie
indans123
linkandclover
aprilchem
Keever
CTdaizy
Nilda2010
Exeat
Joy
jprod30
disfan33
Woobie
gosshaus
Tigerfan2k2
UltimateDisneyFan
mominva
dizneeat​

FE participants list with details​

:rainbow: Important news for FE participants! :rainbow:

Our list is constantly growing, so we have decided that once we reach our cut off date, which will be June 30th, we will divide the group into smaller groups. This should work like this ......

Groups will have around 50+ people in it (adults AND children)
Groups will be divided by decks that are close together (to save on running around)
If you want to be in more than 1 group please just let me know, so I can put you on all/1 other list.
Hope this is in everyones interest! :thumbsup2

oohh, 1 more post after this!! Finally!!

Anyone else concerned about hurricane season? My husband is. My theory is a hurricaned vacation is better than any sunny day working!!!!

We have sailed THROUGH Hurricanes twice, Hurricanes Irene (in 2011) and Isaac (in 2012). We experienced rough seas and quite some rain and missed CC, but apart from that we had a blast.
WE didn't mind too much as we already had our sea legs, but there must have been quite a few sick ones while crossing the Florida Straight as we had the dining room literally to ourselves. :rotfl2:
We did talk to Captain Henry afterwards (during the reception) and he assured us that they always tried to get as far out of a hurricanes way as possible. :thumbsup2
I trust DCL - these ships are Mouse owned and Pixie dust protected. ;) :lmao:

Yay!!!! I can finally PM our info to DIZNEET for FE's. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it and already updated the lists! :thumbsup2

Hi Dizneeat!
I've been keeping an eye on our FE list. I noticed two names were dropped (UltimateDisneyFan and Joy) and I'm anticipating two being added (lairdgi and zwerch). If I'm counting correctly, that will bring us to right around 30 staterooms/107 participants total. I've decided I DO have enough goodies for that many staterooms/people so please DO put me on both lists. Thank you for organizing this for us!! :thumbsup2

You really are keeping a close eye on it. ;) Not many have noticed some names missing.
I contacted all of those who we did not have a stateroom number or in UltimateDisneyfan's case, NO information at all and Joy got back to me letting me know that they had to cancel their cruise. So I took them off. And after checking on UltimateDisneyFan three times i looked into her other posts and it looks like she has been posting on another cruise thread a few times. So I am assuming they have changed dates.
I did put you on both lists now. There are quite a few doing both lists, so this should be a real fun cruise and FE! :thumbsup2

Yes! We do! We've geocached in many states and internationally. It is great fun! We might look for the cache on CC but we will not be geocaching in Mexico for safety reasons. If there are caches near the beaches on Grand Cayman we might try one there.

I observe the cache on CC since month ;) and I will start a new TB there !

I hope we have the chance to find boxes in all ports, this will be incredible for the country statistic.

Do you think that Mexico is really such an dangerous land, that geocaching is not possible ?! We are watchful, but not afraid...

Greets

Michaela

We haven't been to Costa Maya for years and will likely stay on board while there. We were in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel a year ago and felt safe there. We only walked around the shopping area in Cozumel (took a cab back) which was fine. Playa del Carmen is across from Cozumel by ferry and I am hoping we go back there. It is a vibrant resort area with tons of people and gives you more of a feel for what Mexico can be like. I felt Cozumel was too geared to cruise visitors and just resembled other port cities. All of where we have been is very much surrounded by people and safe. Going exploring may be completely different although I would think an organized excursion would be fine.

Greets from Germany

Michaela

Greetings fellow geocacher! ( yes we love geocaching too!!!!)There will be caches to be found in all the ports.....most within a short walk from where the ship will be. We have cached in Cozumel before and I wasn't worried about safety along the main streets. Sadly CC only has one cache left.....there used to be three!

Greetings from Winnipeg Canada.....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi,
We are sailing on this cruise and would like to join the fish exchange but can't seem to private message yet! Please help!!!! Thanks!!!!

Hi,
We are sailing on this cruise and would like to join the fish exchange but can't seem to private message yet! Please help!!!! Thanks!!!!

You need 10 posts to do PMs. You either post your info here, or make those missing 9 posts.
Today is the last day to sign up! Please let me know as soon as possible

• names of all people in the stateroom
  • ages of kids in the stateroom
  • stateroom number

Hi,

Welcome aboard :flower3:

We had the same problem but we just told Dizneet room number, guests and ages of children, if have them, on the forum page.

Cut off is today :hourglass but she will add you if you just put your details on.

You could also post 10 times on our forum, I believe there's a 40 second delay between posts, and then you can pm Dizneet.

Hope this helps :cheer2:

I personal messages Dizneeat but am unsure if she got it We are a group of three DM, DD 12 and DS 8 - I will send room number by pm pleaseamke sure we are included in the FE thanks again!!!!

I have enough supplies for all staterooms on the list, so please add me to both lists. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter