August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

just booked on the Fantasy again!!! My DBs 11 and 8 and I had a BLAST last year on this exact same itinerary, so we are coming back and now with my DH!❤

This a Disney dream come true!!!

Everybody has been quiet. I guess all port adventures booked and now we just wait or dream.

Well, I guess I have a good excuse. ;)

As some of you may have heard on the news, some of Europe has had what they call here "a centennial flood" and our town has been hit by it as well.
And even though Tom and I have not been personally affected (living in the higher areas of the city), some of our friends have lost about everything. So we are trying to help out whenever we can.
Otherwise we are dreaming about getting on the cruise as soon as possible.

I AM READY!!!!!

just booked on the Fantasy again!!! My DBs 11 and 8 and I had a BLAST last year on this exact same itinerary, so we are coming back and now with my DH!❤

This a Disney dream come true!!!

Has anyone with a GTY been assigned rooms yet? We are patiently waiting to hear what room we will have.

Unfortunately by the time the new cruisers were able to book, no brunches at either restaurant still available. Otherwise happy with our list of adventures! :cool1:

Has anyone with a GTY been assigned rooms yet? We are patiently waiting to hear what room we will have.

Unfortunately by the time the new cruisers were able to book, no brunches at either restaurant still available. Otherwise happy with our list of adventures! :cool1:

Try again for Palo brunch on the second sea day. It was sold out at 75 days, but has been open for parties of 2 off and on this week.

We have 2 GTY rooms and have not heard anything at this time. I hear it may not be made available until mid July. Oh well.

On our last summer cruise there was no reason or rhyme to when they assigned the GTY. Some knew really early (way before the FE cut off time) and I remember one girl who wasn't assigned a stateroom up until 2 days before the cruise.

As for Palo ..... I second someone's statement to try for a different sea day, be persistant if nothing shows up OR go to the restaurant/GS first thing when you get on board. They are always holding back some tables. :thumbsup2

Thank you DeerIsleDisney, linkandclover and dizneeat. I will keep looking. I have been searching using the all days function and individual days. Either way we will be asking once we get to the boat too! :)

Thank you DeerIsleDisney, linkandclover and dizneeat. I will keep looking. I have been searching using the all days function and individual days. Either way we will be asking once we get to the boat too! :)

Just don't give up! And as I said before, if nothing comes up, try and ask at GS or the restaurant itself! :thumbsup2

Hi!! We are new to Disney Cruising and I am new to DISboards. Not sure what to do or how.

Want to learn all we can about the cruise, tips, etc. Please let me know! I know some of FE's but not sure how to search this site for more info on what it exactly is about and what you need to do.

Thanks!!!!

Can't wait!!!!
:yay:

I tried to PM Dizneet but it wouldn't let me. New to DISboards as a whole and only had one post. Apparently I need 10 in order to PM.

How do I find out about the meet that I read something about? Do we need to get added to the list or something?

Thanks!!!!

I think you need to post at least 10 times to PM someone ( I am Kevin- actually his wife Debby from facebook). It is confusing with 2 sites going on the same cruise. To reach 10 posts you can just do one word posts until you reach the magic number or just keep asking questions. You can post where you are from, have you cruised before and who are you traveling with.
The meet is an activity that the group has planned. You do not have to sign up for that but just show up. Various people from the board and facebook will show up to introduce themselves. It is very informal.
Dizneet is in charge of the FE exchange (this you sign up for) but here is a quick run down of what it is. People ( if interested) sign up to join the group. Each group is supposed to leave a gift for the other people signed up in the gift exchange. What you give is up to you as well as if you choose to give to each person in each stateroom or a combined gift for the entire room. The gifts are left in what is called a Fish Extender (FE for short). This is a something people make or buy and hang from the hook outside your state room. (The hook may be a fish or seahorse- can't recall what it is on the fantasy). If you are able to search the forum itself you will find a thread which explains this as well as photos of peoples' fish extenders, gifts given and gifts received. Some people are very creative and make gifts, other people buy things to give that may be unique to where they are from or with a Disney theme. Essentially anything goes and it is as much fun to give as to receive.

Hi!! We are new to Disney Cruising and I am new to DISboards. Not sure what to do or how.

Want to learn all we can about the cruise, tips, etc. Please let me know! I know some of FE's but not sure how to search this site for more info on what it exactly is about and what you need to do.

Thanks!!!!

Can't wait!!!!
:yay:

:welcome: to the DISboards and to our cruise thread. :goodvibes

Just ask as many questions as you want, there are some really knowledgeable people on here.
First time cruising is always so exciting. I bet you are counting down the days.
I am in charge of the FE and there are some links on the threads I start about them. I am going to repost them here for you. ;)

:boat: Lots about Fish Extenders :boat:

Hope that helps. :goodvibes
If you want to join, cut off date for signing up is June 30th.

I tried to PM Dizneet but it wouldn't let me. New to DISboards as a whole and only had one post. Apparently I need 10 in order to PM.

How do I find out about the meet that I read something about? Do we need to get added to the list or something?

Thanks!!!!

Yes, you need 10 posts to PM, but you will be there soon, by replying to some threads around here. :thumbsup2
I think there is a meet planned, not sure at the moment when and where, but I am sure it will be reposted here.
Not sure if the Mixology group is already full or not, I think it is run by linkandglover and you would need to sign up for that.

Hello !

We are from Germany and we will cruise the second time with DCL this August, 17 with the Disney Fantasy.

Our familiy is a party of 4, my husband, me and our two daughters, 10 and 13 years old.

We know the Fantasy nearly 2 years, because we take 3 "looks" when she was under construction and we were there, when she was undocking.

Is here someone who will cruise with us ?

Greets from Germany

Michaela

I think there is a meet planned, not sure at the moment when and where, but I am sure it will be reposted [/QUOTE]

Plan to join the DISmeet, August 17, 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3. I will bring name tags.
Keever

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter