• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Hi! :wave2: We just got back yesterday from a Bahamas cruise on the Dream. We had such a great time, we booked our next cruise. :dance3: So, we'll be on the August 17 Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy! It will be me, my husband (Frank), and my 11 year old daughter, Lauren.

We definitely would like to participate in the fish extender gift exchange. We will be in cabin 8608.

We can't wait!

Julie

Welcome! We are some where on deck 9. I have a DD who will be 12 at the time of the cruise and a DS who will be 13. My DH Kurt will also be there. We are looking forward the the FE too.

Thanks for posting this! I talked to Tom about it and we may drive to the Cape to get on this tour! :thumbsup2
We are coming up to the 1 year mark for our cruise! :woohoo:

That's great! Let me know if you do get up there. I'm curious about their tours. They also have a lunch with an astronaut, that I think would be fun. I think they have those year round.

Hi! :wave2: We just got back yesterday from a Bahamas cruise on the Dream. We had such a great time, we booked our next cruise. :dance3: So, we'll be on the August 17 Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy! It will be me, my husband (Frank), and my 11 year old daughter, Lauren.

We definitely would like to participate in the fish extender gift exchange. We will be in cabin 8608.

We can't wait!

Julie

:welcome:

I haven't been keeping count, but it seems like we have a lot of girls around the same age in our group! My daughter will be 11 next summer (I'm sure she would correct me and say 11 and a half), and I think there are a few boys around the same age too (my son will be 13). It would be fun to have a group meetup, particularly so the kids could meet and maybe make a few friends. Has anyone had any luck scheduling one? We had one scheduled on our cruise last summer, but it was in the afternoon of our first day on board, and it completely slipped my mind. I think we were just too excited to be on the ship to think about a schedule.

We can't wait!

Julie

Welcome! :goodvibes
How fun that you booked your next cruise on board! Exactly what we do. :rotfl2:
I am running the FE list and will update it with your details in a few minutes! Thanks for taking part - this is going to be so much fun. :woohoo:

We'll only be a few doors down from your stateroom - we are in 8626

Welcome! We are some where on deck 9. I have a DD who will be 12 at the time of the cruise and a DS who will be 13. My DH Kurt will also be there. We are looking forward the the FE too.

Hi there!
Did I miss you signing up for the FE? If so, I apologize. :sad2:
Would you please PM me the first names of everyone in your stateroom and ages of kids and your stateroom number if you already have it. :goodvibes

:welcome:

I haven't been keeping count, but it seems like we have a lot of girls around the same age in our group! My daughter will be 11 next summer (I'm sure she would correct me and say 11 and a half), and I think there are a few boys around the same age too (my son will be 13). It would be fun to have a group meetup, particularly so the kids could meet and maybe make a few friends. Has anyone had any luck scheduling one? We had one scheduled on our cruise last summer, but it was in the afternoon of our first day on board, and it completely slipped my mind. I think we were just too excited to be on the ship to think about a schedule.

On most of our cruises we have met at the Vista Cafe before the lifeboat drill. Just a thought. ;)

:banana: FE participants for August 17, 2013 :banana:
Joy
jprod30
ladyleslie
disfan33
Woobie
gosshaus
shmoogrrrl
Tigerfan2k2
UltimateDisneyFan
mominva
dizneeat​

FE participants list with details​

On most of our cruises we have met at the Vista Cafe before the lifeboat drill. Just a thought. ;)

Great idea! Or maybe right after? Then we already have our crew together in one place. It would be easy to stroll over to the Vista Cafe then. Although I can't remember how much time there is in between the lifeboat drill and the first seating for dinner....

Great idea! Or maybe right after? Then we already have our crew together in one place. It would be easy to stroll over to the Vista Cafe then. Although I can't remember how much time there is in between the lifeboat drill and the first seating for dinner....

The sailaway party starts after the lifeboat drill. I guess many want to participate in that too.
That's the reason we always had it pre life boat drill.

We will be on this cruise too! Celebrating our youngest's 21st birthday. This will be our 12th DCL cruise, first time on the Fantasy. 5 of us, all adults. If we have half as much fun on this cruise as we did on the Dream a month ago, this is going to be great!

Jerry, Laura, Jamie (22), Mike (21) and Deanna (21 on 8/16/13).

I'll say hello to the Disney DREAM for you in 3 weeks time! ;)

Thanks! We'll be in the Outer Banks, North Carolina in 3 weeks. We've been going down every summer since my daughter was born. The last two years in a row we've missed the last half of our vacation because of mandatory hurricane evacuations. Here's hoping we don't have 3 in a row!

:beach:

We will be on this cruise too! Celebrating our youngest's 21st birthday. This will be our 12th DCL cruise, first time on the Fantasy. 5 of us, all adults. If we have half as much fun on this cruise as we did on the Dream a month ago, this is going to be great!

Welcome!

I'm curious if anyone's ever purchased baskets from Gift Baskets by Shirley. She keeps a thread active about information for the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area that's very helpful (see link below). The baskets are delivered to your state room and are waiting for you when you get there. The photos look great. Just wondering if anyone here has had personal experience with them. Thanks!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

No problem! I would be happy to do that. I've done it before. Stay tuned...

Hi everybody--

I just set up a Facebook group for our cruise. I have participated in these before (have one active one now for the Dream 9/20/12) and it's lots of fun. Puts real names with faces and so forth.

Here is the link: Disney Fantasy 8/17/2013 The name of the group is also Disney Fantasy 8/17/2013 in case you would rather search for it.

It is a closed group, so I will approve it once you ask to join. And then you will be able to add your FB friends who will also be on the cruise. I can also make others Admins so they can approve.

See you on Facebook!

Jerry

Welcome!
This will be our 12th DCL cruise too! We are doing no 8 and 9 (back to back) in a little under three weeks) then no 10 in February and no 11 is the Eastern Caribbean just before this one - yes another back to back. :rotfl2:

The Dream is awesome, isn't she? We loved our 4 stays there a lot! :thumbsup2

Thanks! We'll be in the Outer Banks, North Carolina in 3 weeks. We've been going down every summer since my daughter was born. The last two years in a row we've missed the last half of our vacation because of mandatory hurricane evacuations. Here's hoping we don't have 3 in a row!

:beach:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and me too). We are leaving on Saturday for a week on the Florida Keys, then a week at WDW and then the back to back cruises. Can't wait and am NOT looking forward to sail through another hurricane. ;)

I'm curious if anyone's ever purchased baskets from Gift Baskets by Shirley. She keeps a thread active about information for the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area that's very helpful (see link below). The baskets are delivered to your state room and are waiting for you when you get there. The photos look great. Just wondering if anyone here has had personal experience with them. Thanks!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

I have seen the photos, but never ordered from Shirley. In the end I always stuck with Disney. ;)

Hi everybody--

I just set up a Facebook group for our cruise. I have participated in these before (have one active one now for the Dream 9/20/12) and it's lots of fun. Puts real names with faces and so forth.

Here is the link: Disney Fantasy 8/17/2013 The name of the group is also Disney Fantasy 8/17/2013 in case you would rather search for it.

It is a closed group, so I will approve it once you ask to join. And then you will be able to add your FB friends who will also be on the cruise. I can also make others Admins so they can approve.

See you on Facebook!

Jerry

I hope you will pop in here as well, as I won't be able to join - I am not on facebook (for a reason). :goodvibes

Joy
jprod30
ladyleslie
disfan33
Woobie
gosshaus
shmoogrrrl
Tigerfan2k2
UltimateDisneyFan
mominva
dizneeat​

We are booking this cruise. It will either be number 9 or 10 depending if we keep our fall one.

It will be me and DH plus dd 13 and ds 8. It would be first time on the Fantasy! We've been on Dream once and all the rest have been the classic ships as an annual vacation.

We are booking this cruise. It will either be number 9 or 10 depending if we keep our fall one.

It will be me and DH plus dd 13 and ds 8. It would be first time on the Fantasy! We've been on Dream once and all the rest have been the classic ships as an annual vacation.

Welcome! :goodvibes

Glad you decided to book this cruise. I am sure we will all have a wonderful time on board the Fantasy.
This will be our 12th DCL cruise, 2nd on the Fantasy (we are doing a back to back).

Only a little over a year until it's time. ;)

Joy
jprod30
ladyleslie
disfan33
Woobie
gosshaus
shmoogrrrl
Tigerfan2k2
UltimateDisneyFan
mominva
dizneeat​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter