August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Okay, bear with me and take note that English is not my first language, so this might not be very technically correct. :rotfl2:
Ours has the dowel with the ribbon as well. What we do is pull the ribbon over the fish (seahorse). There is a little hook inside that keeps it down (you have to fiddle it over it when you remove it). Then we use a ziptie to tie the two ribbon parts together and push the tied part under the fish.
Someone who would want to take it, would have to cut off the FE with scissors and I don't think many people carry some. ;)

Ah ha! I think I understand. Just to be certain - maybe I'll just come by your staterroom first and look before hanging ours! By the way- your English is immaculate! I thought perhaps you were an expatriate - having moved to Austria from the US. I did not realize until you mentioned it that English is not your mother language. How lovely to be fluent in more than one language!

Ah ha! I think I understand. Just to be certain - maybe I'll just come by your staterroom first and look before hanging ours! By the way- your English is immaculate! I thought perhaps you were an expatriate - having moved to Austria from the US. I did not realize until you mentioned it that English is not your mother language. How lovely to be fluent in more than one language!

Feel free to come by our stateroom any time! Not just to look at how the FE is fixed. ;)

No, we didn't move from the US to Austria, we have always lived here. I do teach English here, but I just love to brush up on my English on these boards and when we travel. :thumbsup2

Feel free to come by our stateroom any time! Not just to look at how the FE is fixed. ;)

No, we didn't move from the US to Austria, we have always lived here. I do teach English here, but I just love to brush up on my English on these boards and when we travel. :thumbsup2

These boards are such fun! We get to 'meet' one another and learn such things before we really meet! It will be wonderful to put names and faces together too! I'm curious at what age English (or other languages) are taught in the schools there? Language classes are started terribly late in most areas in US. Is your school still in session? Or are they on summer holiday now?

These boards are such fun! We get to 'meet' one another and learn such things before we really meet! It will be wonderful to put names and faces together too! I'm curious at what age English (or other languages) are taught in the schools there? Language classes are started terribly late in most areas in US. Is your school still in session? Or are they on summer holiday now?

I just love these boards! There is such a wealth of information here. And we have met some of our best friends here too! :hug:

Here in Austria English is taught from the time you start school, which is after kids have reached the age of 6. For the first 4 school years (Volksschule) there is NO written English. They just sing songs, play games and do basic phrases. They have one lesson per week.
Once they change to our school (Hauptschule at age 10) then English is properly taught, with 4 lessons a week. Thanks to the fact that they "know" a little English already, starting out is pretty easy - even though it takes some of the students a while to realize that you NEED to know how to spell things. :rotfl2:

School ended on Friday and we are all off for the next 9 weeks. Thank god! The school year has been long enough. ;)

Is it common to give a gift a day to each person on our list? my list has 70 people in it which mean approximately 395 gifts. Can someone clarify?
Thanks!

We are giving our gifts all on one day (too many rooms to go to twice and I find I can get a family member to volunteer to help once but never a second time). I have a bag with several gifts in it for each person and will label the bag with the person's name on it so that it can be identified as I did gifts based on age.

Dizneeat - your English really is quite good. Attaching the zip tie is really hard to explain and truly it makes sense when you get there and see for yourself.

Yes, hide in your cabin and hope they don't find you ;-)
:rotfl2::rotfl:

DIZNEEAT thanks for all you have done. You have been a great organizer and your lists are very helpful.
DITTO!! :thumbsup2

I've been waiting and waiting since 6/30 for the updated FE list. Somehow I missed pages 40-42. Here I thought I was keeping up really well. :confused3

I need a bit of info from those in group 2. Any thoughts on the best way to get it? Everyone can PM me the info (vs clogging up the board), but maybe others need it as well? I know I got a PM with a similar question (JUST got it, so will collect the info & reply ASAP). Here's what I need:

-initials of everyone (First/Last/Middle - like a monogram) (or just 1st/last if you prefer)
- favorite character for everyone
- Do the ladies/girls have pierced ears or not
- I don't need it, but others might: any allergies

I'm SOOOO excited!! :yay:

DITTO!! :thumbsup2

I've been waiting and waiting since 6/30 for the updated FE list. Somehow I missed pages 40-42. Here I thought I was keeping up really well. :confused3

I need a bit of info from those in group 2. Any thoughts on the best way to get it? Everyone can PM me the info (vs clogging up the board), but maybe others need it as well? I know I got a PM with a similar question (JUST got it, so will collect the info & reply ASAP). Here's what I need:

-initials of everyone (First/Last/Middle - like a monogram) (or just 1st/last if you prefer)

Ohhh...so much better questions! :) Especially the pierced ears. Didn't think to actually ask. :sad2:

If any of the girls in list 2 do not have pierced ears, please let me know (even the kids). Thanks. I won't PM everyone again to ask.

:cool1: only a few weeks now! :cool1:
:beach:

Just got to ask ..When you say favorite character that leaves a lot of choice. Do you mean Mickey and the gang or can it range up to Jack Sparrow?

Ohhh...so much better questions! :) Especially the pierced ears. Didn't think to actually ask. :sad2:

If any of the girls in list 2 do not have pierced ears, please let me know (even the kids). Thanks. I won't PM everyone again to ask.

Hi. We are on both lists, but I didn't get a PM from Vet1999. Do you need info from us too?

Hi. We are on both lists, but I didn't get a PM from you. Do you need info from us too?

I haven't PM'd anyone yet. If you're on list 2 at all, I would appreciate the info. As for character, any Disney one (but if you want to put a 2nd choice of more familiar ones...).

I hope this isn't too much of a pain.

I haven't PM'd anyone yet. If you're on list 2 at all, I would appreciate the info. As for character, any Disney one (but if you want to put a 2nd choice of more familiar ones...).

I hope this isn't too much of a pain.

Just for clarification - should we use Dizneeat's titles of "List A & List B"? There actually appear to be three lists - with the top list being a reference sheet to be used by those people participating in both A and B. If we say 'List 2" might someone misconstrue that to mean List A since it appears as the second list in her post?

In case anyone needs to find the lists -they are on page 40. Scroll until you see red print.

Okay, we are on both lists, so I guess you want our info as well (going to post it here, just in case someone else needs it. ;))
Tom:
initials - TG, favourite characters - Donald and TinkerBell, no allergies
Me:
initials - KG, favourite characters - Mickey and Stitch, NO pierced ears, no allergies

I don't have pierced ears. :lmao: Never got them pierced as a child and am too scared as an adult. :rotfl2:

Just for clarification - should we use Dizneeat's titles of "List A & List B"? There actually appear to be three lists - with the top list being a reference sheet to be used by those people participating in both A and B. If we say 'List 2" might someone misconstrue that to mean List A since it appears as the second list in her post?

In case anyone needs to find the lists -they are on page 40. Scroll until you see red print.
As they say in this neck of the woods... "You're so smahhht, Maggie." I'm in group B, so that's what I meant. Guess I really am making this difficult. :rolleyes2

Guess it is time to repost. ;)

Divided FE list!​

There will be THREE lists. ;)

List one for those of us who do both lists! (Indans123, gosshaus, Dizneeat, aprilchem, Ydrj, linkandclover, Keever, cakiesmom, jprod30)

List A includes all of us who do both lists and the ones who will only do one list and stay decks 12 - 8!

List B includes all of us who do both lists and the ones who will only do one list and stay decks 7 - 2!

Please check if all the info is correct and let me know if I messed something up. ;)

No problem here at all! :thumbsup2
We have one with two pockets, but not personalized other than it sports our "national costumes". :rotfl2:
To us, as long as there IS a FE going with a special stateroom number, we assume it is the right one. ;)
Just don't forget a ziptie (and scissers to cut them off again) to secure your FE.

I think, giving 7 days a week is a bit much.
We ourselves will give twice. Once at the beginning of the cruise (2 or maybe 3 small little gifts for everyone in the stateroom - number depends on if we will finish it all in time or not and one family gift) and one towards the second part of the cruise (1 more elaborate gift for everyone in the stateroom)

But to be honest, it is all in your hands. Do what you feel comfortable with. There are no rules on handing out gifts, other than you should give at least one gift to each stateroom. :goodvibes
Thank you for the clarification! I can handle 2 or 3 days for gifts!

As they say in this neck of the woods... "You're so smahhht, Maggie." I'm in group B, so that's what I meant. Guess I really am making this difficult. :rolleyes2

Not at all! Being a newbie to FE - I'm just taking it one step at a time and trying to keep up! Thanks!

Guess it is time to repost. ;)

Divided FE list!​

There will be THREE lists. ;)

List one for those of us who do both lists! (Indans123, gosshaus, Dizneeat, aprilchem, Ydrj, linkandclover, Keever, cakiesmom, jprod30)

List A includes all of us who do both lists and the ones who will only do one list and stay decks 12 - 8!

List B includes all of us who do both lists and the ones who will only do one list and stay decks 7 - 2!

Please check if all the info is correct and let me know if I messed something up. ;)
On list A 1st cruise is listed twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter