• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 16, 2011 – 7 Night Alaska Sailing

Hi all...I just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know what tours are sold out by port:

Juneau:
Disney Exclusive Glacier Dog Musher for a Day
Juneau by Private Jeep
Private Boat - Salmon Fishing Charter
Whale Watching and Salmon Bake

Ketchikan:
Private Skiff

Skagway:
All still available

Gold window just opened at midnight.

Figured I would let you all know!

Thank you Nick! Booking excursions his trip might be a challenge for us Silvers and the newbies. I am planning the Adults Only Whale watch and Salmon bake, so I guess we will just have to see.

Thank you Nick! Booking excursions his trip might be a challenge for us Silvers and the newbies. I am planning the Adults Only Whale watch and Salmon bake, so I guess we will just have to see.

If that doesn't work out, I think I found an outside provider for a similar tour (although it wasn't adults only). That might be an option if Disney is sold out.

Thank you for posting the sold out excursions....as much as it makes me stress out more :rotfl2:.

Well...I decided to take matters into my own hands and called the vendor that hosts the Bear and Wildlife Expedition out of Ketchikan. They are willing to book our family for a private excursion between the two times that Disney has allotted....so all my stressing was for nothing. :thumbsup2

Thank you for posting the sold out excursions....as much as it makes me stress out more :rotfl2:.

Well...I decided to take matters into my own hands and called the vendor that hosts the Bear and Wildlife Expedition out of Ketchikan. They are willing to book our family for a private excursion between the two times that Disney has allotted....so all my stressing was for nothing. :thumbsup2

Cool, and with fewer people, you're much more likely to see the wildlife! :cool1:

Would you mind sharing the vendor name and number? I would love to call them and book a private tour as well, if they can take us. Thanks.

Would you mind sharing the vendor name and number? I would love to call them and book a private tour as well, if they can take us. Thanks.

Just in general, you may want to check out posts #180, #187, and #195 (starts on page 12). They have listings for private versions of most of Disney's excursions, along with general price comparisons.

Just curious as to how you plan on getting to the rainforest sanctuary? Car, taxi, other?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to fit this in as well. We want to see the lumberjack show and the timings are just not working out!

Of course the 11:15 lumberjack show is sold out via their direct website. Disney is only offering late day shows through the ship.

There is an 8:00 AM show available, but I'm thinking there is no way we'll be off the boat in time to get there.

Just curious as to how you plan on getting to the rainforest sanctuary? Car, taxi, other?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to fit this in as well. We want to see the lumberjack show and the timings are just not working out!

Of course the 11:15 lumberjack show is sold out via their direct website. Disney is only offering late day shows through the ship.

There is an 8:00 AM show available, but I'm thinking there is no way we'll be off the boat in time to get there.

It's a very short walk to get to the Lumberjack show but I don't think we get to Ketchikan until 1 pm or so. Personally, I've seen the lumberjack show on our trip there in 2005. I have skipped it since and will skip it on this trip, too. It's kind of corny, so kids may like it. As two adults, I wouldn't put it high on my list of things to do.

I was worried it was a bit tourist trappy......

Guess I'll focus on the rainforest tour thourgh disney and catch the show if there are some open spots....

And boy...did I read the schedule wrong! I could have sworn we were getting in at 7:30 am! I just re-checked and it shows ** as the arrival. I'm guessing that 1:00 PM time is coming from the port schedule??

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Vancouver, Canada - 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea - -
3 Tracy Arm, Alaska - -
4 Skagway, Alaska 7:15 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
5 Juneau, Alaska 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
6 Ketchikan, Alaska ** 7:30 p.m.
7 At Sea - -
8 Vancouver, Canada 8:00 a.m. -

Guess I'll focus on the rainforest tour thourgh disney and catch the show if there are some open spots....

And boy...did I read the schedule wrong! I could have sworn we were getting in at 7:30 am! I just re-checked and it shows ** as the arrival. I'm guessing that 1:00 PM time is coming from the port schedule??

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Vancouver, Canada - 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea - -
3 Tracy Arm, Alaska - -
4 Skagway, Alaska 7:15 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
5 Juneau, Alaska 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
6 Ketchikan, Alaska ** 7:30 p.m.
7 At Sea - -
8 Vancouver, Canada 8:00 a.m. -

Actually, we get in at 1:30 :(

Yes, the lumberjack show reminded me of a tourist trap. Then again, the Alaskans think we are crazy for spending so much money just to see bears eat salmon in the streams. I'd much rather go to see the wildlife in each port than go see "shows" of any kind. Especially since this cruise is it, there is no land tour for us this time. That's where I normally would see the most wildlife, in Denali park, etc. If you've never seen a bear fishing for salmon, it's a very cool thing to watch. I'd much rather have that as a memory of Ketchikan than the lumberjack show.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember which Whale watching it was? My daughter picked out the Exclusive Whale watching and will be quite disappointed if it's already full.
thanks

Hi all...I just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know what tours are sold out by port:

Juneau:
Disney Exclusive Glacier Dog Musher for a Day
Juneau by Private Jeep
Private Boat - Salmon Fishing Charter
Whale Watching and Salmon Bake

Ketchikan:
Private Skiff

Skagway:
All still available

Gold window just opened at midnight.

Figured I would let you all know!

Thanks for the info. Do you remember which Whale watching it was? My daughter picked out the Exclusive Whale watching and will be quite disappointed if it's already full.
thanks

I checked. That one is not full yet.

Thank you! I can't book until the 18th so I hope there will be a spot for us:)

QUOTE=Inkmahm;40986576]I checked. That one is not full yet.[/QUOTE]

I concur...both the exclusive whale and exclusive whale with mendenhall are still there.

The following tours are now also unavailable:

3 Port Package for Families No reservations available. Port: Juneau

3 Port Package for Young Families No reservations available. Port: Juneau

3-Port Package for Adventure Seekers No reservations available. Port: Juneau

3-Port Ultimate Flightseeing Package No reservations available. Port: Juneau

Is there an easy way to see what the times for excursions are? I can't book until the 18th so I can't see the times, just the descriptions. We have 3 cabins of family and friends and would like to try and pre-plan and get on the same excursions if possible.
thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter