August 13, 2009 - 10 Years of Wonderful Cruising

Hi All,

We're back at Windsor Hills after a few relaxing days at Vero Beach - didn't want to leave that ocean view!!

Just wanted to say thanks so much to you all for making our first cruise an even more magical (oops should that be wonderful!) experience. It was so great meeting many of you and it was lovely to be able to bump into people we 'knew' throughout the cruise.

The fish extender exchange was a huge amount of fun, both in the planning and coming back to find the goodies at our door - thanks so very much for all the gifts - we loved them. You are all so talented - I need to get more creative next time!

We did end up spending far more money on board than we planned to - I'd been planning to add on to our DVC points for some time - the cruise offer was perfect for us and we are now the proud owners of 100pt at Grand California!!! So we are now bi-costal too!!! :yay:

We also booked a dummy cruise for 2010 and will be planning to cruise again in 2011 - we're hooked!!! (Planning to go 'home' to California in 2010! :banana::banana:)

So thanks again, particuarly to Ken for the lanyards, Brenda for the fish extender, and Linda for the mini-nav, and we hope to see you all on a future cruise!!! :goodvibes

Hi Karen

It was great meeting you and your family - and seeing around the ship from time to time. That is the great thing about the Dis and the lanyards - you have a instant group of friends on the cruise.

Ken

Good Morning Folks!

Karen - ya - they caught us with the 100 point add on also!

Have a great day all!

Hi All!!!

Busy weekend complete with a trip to the emergency room with my Dad. All is well now, but it was shaky for a while.

A transparent upgrade at work turned out not to be transparent!

GET ME BACK ON THE SHIP!!! :rotfl2:

We wanted to add on the 100 points at Grand Californian too, but we opted for the root canal! :lmao:

Seriously. Happy Monday All! Here's to a great week. Now we have to see what event is on the horizon that we can all count down to!

Hi All!!!

Busy weekend complete with a trip to the emergency room with my Dad. All is well now, but it was shaky for a while.

A transparent upgrade at work turned out not to be transparent!

GET ME BACK ON THE SHIP!!! :rotfl2:

We wanted to add on the 100 points at Grand Californian too, but we opted for the root canal! :lmao:

Seriously. Happy Monday All! Here's to a great week. Now we have to see what event is on the horizon that we can all count down to!

Root canal or 100 points at the Grand Californian - I know you had to make the smart choice, but I'm sorry you had to make that decision!

Ken

Hi Lynn, which resort did they tempt you with?! Are we neighbours? :)

Regardless of which DVC property you call home we are neighbours:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes the GCV was a good deal, we had no plans to do so but Oh well we can always use the extra points.... :rotfl2::thumbsup2:rotfl2: as I was adding these new points to my system I noted I had forgot to add in the BLT points, still can't figure out how we ran outta points.

I want to go back to the ship right now.....

Thanks to everyone for making the cruise so much fun. We only met a few of the people from the group - the girls kept us busy.

Thanks to Ken and the group for the lanyards! And to all who participated in the FE - it was fun checking ours every time we'd return to the cabin. If the girls beat us back there, they'd empty the pockets and give us a run down on what we got.

It was way too short!

Ken - totally agree, I was a little unsure about getting involved as I'm kinda shy IRL but I'm so glad I did! It really did make the cruise more special.

Georgie - sorry to hear about the root canal - ouch - and the difficult decision, hope you and your Dad are feeling great again soon.

Scott/Neighbour - those points never go to waste!!! Sorry we didn't meet up on the ship, Andy was looking forward to comparing shirts!! :lmao:

Yes the cruise was much too short and we so want to be back there now instead of facing a flight back to the UK in 3 days time ... :sad1: :sad2:

Karen!

Enjoy those last few days at the MAGICAL place we all love :thumbsup2

Safe travels back to reality. It was great to meet you and to say "Hello" when we passed on the stairs or in the elevators.

Here's to the NEXT cruise! :wizard:

Hi Lynn, which resort did they tempt you with?! Are we neighbours? :)

Sounds like Scott answered your question - but yes, we also added on more points at Grand Calif.

Georgie - pixiedust: for your Dad, and your tooth, and :grouphug: for the "Not so transparent upgrade".

Karen - safe travels back to the UK.

Have a great day all!

Hi Everyone

Lynn - take care of the knee. Don't rush it!

I've been putting in the miles. I think I've lost the weight gain from the cruise and WDW. Now I just have to get into shape for the ride! Inching closer to the $10,000 goal!

Ken

Good Morning Folks!

Ken - good luck with the riding!

I have lost about half the weight I gained, but since I get no exercise now, the weight lose has slowed down to nothing. I have good days and bad, 2 days ago I felt I was making progress, yesterday not. Will see how the exercises go today.

Have a great day all!

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would bump us back up to page 1.

Been busy here getting ready for the Arthritis Ride. Managed to lose the cruise weight - so things are looking good for the ride.

Fundraising is going OK - up to $9400. Still hoping to reach $10,000.

Ken

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the 'safe travel' wishes. We are now back in the cold (57 degrees) & back at work & in my case waiting very anxiously on MRI results. Is it MS or not - it's crunch time....

Anyway - I just found this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2267395 which has on page 1 some photos of us leaving PC! So cool! I've asked mandymouse if she could email me the photos so if she is able to and anyone else would like them please let me know and I'll pass them on.

I have a confession to make - I was so missing the ship and so scared about the test results that I changed our 'dummy Dec 2010 but planning to cruise again in Aug 2011' booking and we are now on the 14 Feb 2010 4 day cruise taking advantage of the kids cruise free offer! :woohoo: (There's only 3 of us on the cruise meet thread so far so I doubt it will turn out to be as good as this one from that point of view...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter