• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 13, 2009 - 10 Years of Wonderful Cruising

Have we made a definite time/location onboard for a Dismeet? .

I thought it was going to be at 2:00pm, Deck 10, pier side of the ship (usually starboard), overlooking the Goofy pool.

Ken

Lynn,

I really gave it some serious thought but it turned out that August 15th was the only weekend that would work for our annual luau. So on Saturday night Ron and I will drink a toast to you all and will look forward to seeing you in October!

Janis!

ENJOY your Luau!!! :thumbsup2

Hey Georgie - I can't believe how bad some of the storms have been lately - tornadoes in two counties last week - I thought tornadoes were usually in the mid-West. This weather is just getting crazier and crazier. Hopefully you're getting through the mess you have to deal with - stinks that it's so close to vacation!

Hanover - I know the area well. My son was born in Hanover Hospital 28 years ago and my brother just moved into New Oxford from Penn Street right near the hospital - actually just drove through there on Saturday. Made a stop at the Tropical Treat! For those of you not familiar - boy are you missing something great!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day - 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning Kids, yes we are getting closer, can't wait, super busy at work and I need a vacation.....Life is crazy.

Good Morning Cruisers!

Ken - in case I forgot to tell you - we received the lanyards last week - they look great! Thanks for getting ours to us early, you can be sure we will also be wearing them on the earlier cruise!

Lynn,

I really gave it some serious thought but it turned out that August 15th was the only weekend that would work for our annual luau. So on Saturday night Ron and I will drink a toast to you all and will look forward to seeing you in October!

And we will drink a toast to you and the luau on Saturday night!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Cruisers!

Is everyone busy packing? I guess it is up to me to keep up the posts! One day closer to our cruise!

Have a great day all!

Hi Lynn,

I'm here with you!

Trying to work and DIS at the same time :)

Putting last minute things in the bags.

We leave Saturday morning for the world.

I am so ready for Castaway Cay!

We'll be crusing soon!

Robin

Hi Lynn - you're now completely alone.

It appears that everyone is very busy the day before the cruise, so lets call off the pre-cruise meet on Wednesday afternoon. We will see everyone at the terminal and/or on board the Wonder!!

Ken

Last call for items for the Mini Navigator. If you have anything you would like added let me know by sending me a PM.

The countdown is on, I leave for Florida in 144 hours :rotfl:

Good Morning Cruisers!

Is everyone busy packing? I guess it is up to me to keep up the posts! One day closer to our cruise!

Have a great day all!

Hi, Lynn. I am here. I am waiting for my niece to get here. I have my things laid out, I just need to see what she has. We may only need one checked bag :cool1:. It is hard to work and prepare for a vacation at the same time.

Anyway, we leave in 3 days :goodvibes!

I'm here..haven't packed a thing. DD got home Sunday from summer work so I have been busy with her and tomorrow we leave to get her apartment key for her Junior year at college and start to set up "house" for her. Other DD gets home Saturday from summer job. The plan is to tell them Tuesday at dinner that we will be leaving Wed. morning to drive to Cape Canaveral for Thursday cruise. I'm sure they have no idea.

Got the boy's clothes packed (and some snacks). We leave Sunday for WDW. I agree that it is hard to work and get ready for vacation. All the more reason to relax when we hit FLA.

It's time to start packing! FE gifts are almost done. Just a few more days of craziness, then we're off to the World! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm here, but barely. Too much work and too little sleep. Big boss just discovered he needs something (a LOT of something) prior to my leaving on Friday. Truth be told... don't know how it's going to happen. We aren't packed dur to work. And we're leaving Friday to pick up my nephew on the way... and our friend David. They will be with us until the cruise then they will fly home.

Well after a final hectic few days which saw me up until 2am each night finishing work (why did the Diocese introduce Swine Flu Protocols days before my holiday?????) we're in Orlando!! :woohoo: (I slept most of the way!)

A quick question for those of you more experienced cruisers - DH wants to wear a cream linen jacket & trousers for dinner (with a variety of hawaian shirts - warning to anyone sat near us!!). None of his 'formal' shoes look right with this but he does have a very smart pair of suade/leather flipflops which might. Would these be acceptable for the dining room? I've searched and it seems flipflops are OK for ladies but no one mentions men! Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

THREE DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: Have started putting things together for packing - just added a couple of things to the list, only minor stuff.

Gotta get through these last two days at work :surfweb:. Makes it much nicer upon return if there aren't things hanging out there just waiting for me when I get back :rotfl:

It's a rainy day here in Baltimore today but thankfully no serious storms. Hope everyone has a magical day!

Karen, did your husband contact Lynn to see what she was packing for me, musta dittoed my list LOL, all sounds good to ne, I wear topsider no socks for my all inclusive foot wear, all should work just fine, no fashion police here.

Many long days at work 3 day and have in 44 hours, so Lynn has been carrying the packing for me. Thank goodness,

Two days o work then we can cruise KEWL.

Hope all travel etc is falling into place and look forward to seeing ya all soon, like Sunday on the ship, oops sorry we are on the ship Sunday doing recon for ya, LOL

Good Morning Cruisers!

Karen - Scott will be wearing Hawaiian type shirts for the whole cruise, just brought 1 plain shirt for dinner at Palo's. He wears Sperry Topsiders (loafers) when he dresses for dinner - I do not know of anyone who has ever been told they are not appropriately dressed for dinner (except at Palo's), so I should think his flip flops should be fine. It seems the only thing they frown upon is swim wear in the dining rooms.

Sounds like everyone is leaving early. We are leaving Saturday also, and will be on the ship on Sunday! We also managed to pack in 1 checked bag each, with even a couple of pounds to spare! Our carry-on's are not completely packed yet - but we are still using a lot of the stuff that needs to go into them.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Everyone - one day closer to the cruise!!!

Here is the final lanyard and name badge list - they are all done. If we don't connect in the terminal or at the dismeet at 2:00pm on boarding day, try and contact me in room 6572 - leave a message on the voice mail or in the fish extender with your room number and I'll drop them off.

See you soon!
Ken

Free lanyards and name badges provided by:

bonzie1 - Georgie and Joe
DisneyPinDiva - Leslie and Joe
first timers - Alex and Carolyn
kpros & spros - Ken and Shari
Scott H & Lynn G - Scott and Lynn
seaulater - Linda and Jamie
sunshine1259 - Brenda

Lanyard and name badge list for August 13, 2009 Cruise.
Please check the spelling of your names and let me know if a correction is needed.

Angie_Ohio - ?, ? - ?
bonzie1 - Georgie, Joe - 6636
booger73 - Ian, Shannon, Michael, Andrew - 6548
bwcb4 - Barb, Dick, Mike, Steven - 2103
CarolynMink - Carolyn, Dave, Erin, Adam - 5020
danfromca - Dan, Blake, Gil, Dor -
DisneyPinDiva - Leslie, Joe - 6634
first timers - Alex and Carolyn - 6574
Hanover - Danielle, Derek, Keegan, Brennan - 6556
iloveokw - Kathy, Mike, Melissa -
jezebella - DW, DH, DD, DP, DP - 6039,6038
karriemouse - Karen, Andy, Sophie, Eleanor - 6540
kpros & spros - Ken, Shari, Staci, Mark - 6572,6571
LoveMyLAP-BAND - Kirsten, Jason, Tyler, Emily - 5018
MinnieGarden - Christy, Mike (k5jmh), Ian - 6131
mla2177 - ?
Momfromva - Michelle, Ryan, Alex, Christopher - 6004
mumom95 - Julie, Brian, Matthew, Samantha - 7503
Ocean Angel - Carol, John, Cati, Rachel - 2112
Scott H & Lynn G - Scott and Lynn - 2601
seallenz - Amanda, Scott, Spence, Gabriella - 6612
seaulater - Linda, Jamie - 6567
SplashMountainManiac - Mike, Paul, Joan - 6594
sunshine1259 - Brenda, Azaria, Denise, Desiree, Jennifer - 5520,5522
velrox - Barbara, Chris, Hunter, Milo - 2010
Z'sDisneyMom - Robin, Ronald, Zaria - 2046

Prosposed Dismeets (and distribution of lanyards and name badges):
In the terminal prior to boarding - location to be determined
2:00pm on Deck 10, starboard side (pier side), overlooking the Goofy pool

Fish Extenders: Coordinated by sunshine1259.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter