• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 12, 2012 5 day Canada from NY

CherylA

DIS Veteran
Thought I'd get something started so I can make some friends before this very exciting sailing out of NYC. It should be fun since I think there will be a lot of people from the same area on this cruise. I'm from Seymour, CT just outside of New Haven. We'll be in a cat 10 aft on deck 2. Starting to look into things to do in Halifax and Saint John.:thumbsup2

Hi Cheryl,

We just booked. It will be me, DH, & DS who will be 5 when we sail. Glad to see a thread going already :)

Martha

Oh I forgot to mention how old my daughters will be. My oldest will be 10 and my youngest will be 7.:goodvibes

Hi everyone. I am on this cruise. Travelling with my sister and her kids, DD17, DS13 and DS 10. This will be our 4th cruise. We did the Dream this past February and doing a B2B on the Dream January 2012. We live on Long Island.

We are from Central New Jersey. We booked this cruise while on the DREAM April 10-14, 2011. We are cat 10 on deck 5.. 2 Adults 60+, frequent cruisers, Love all things Disney. This will be DCL cruise #10.

Welcome everyone. Yay! This cruise is going to be so fun! I wonder what the weather will be like. I've never done a Northern cruise.

We are so excited. I never thought Disney would come north to New England. Disney is our favorite cruise line but we don't like to fly so didn't think we'd be on the Magic again.

My neighbor and I have talked about a cruise together for years so when she called last night to tell me about this, we were booked within an hour!

We will be Dad, Mom, DS 20 and DD 18.

Sandra

We are so excited. I never thought Disney would come north to New England. Disney is our favorite cruise line but we don't like to fly so didn't think we'd be on the Magic again.

My neighbor and I have talked about a cruise together for years so when she called last night to tell me about this, we were booked within an hour!

We will be Dad, Mom, DS 19 and DD 17.

Sandra

Awesome! I know so nice to not have to fly!

Welcome everyone. Yay! This cruise is going to be so fun! I wonder what the weather will be like. I've never done a Northern cruise.

We did a Royal Caribbean cruise to Halifax and St John a few years ago in October and it was about 70 degrees everyday. We've been to Canada many times and August is the best month to go. The weather should be beautiful.

We did a Royal Caribbean cruise to Halifax and St John a few years ago in October and it was about 70 degrees everyday. We've been to Canada many times and August is the best month to go. The weather should be beautiful.

Thats what I wa hoping. I almost booked mid June but even though the cost was a little more I thought the Aug weather would be nicer and I didn't have to chance my kids not being out of school yet if we end up with a lot of snow days next winter.

I hope the weather will be in the 70"s. It is too hot here in August. It will be a nice break. The icing on the cake is not having to fly.

Hi All,
I'm CherylA's husband and she is dragging me along on this cruise...

Who am I kidding?!?!? No dragging required here :cool1: I'm the Disney nut in the family. Cheryl has started to appreciate the carefree atmosphere of cruising, I'm just lucky Disney has a cruise line.

Subbing in! Looks like we are on for this cruise, too!!!! Four teens, ages 13, 15, 15, and 15. Can't wait - ooops it's more than a year away!
:dance3:

We are booked! Me, DH and DD10.We booked a 5c (i think), i know it is a veranda room.
This will will make DCL#5 for us. :cool1:
We are also doing the 2 day in June with about 5 other families, for whom that will be their 1st cruise. If they like it, they are all going to book this cruise and go with us!
Looking forward to meeting everyone next year!!
Heidi

Welcome HMag!
Should we start a running list of who's who on our Cruise Meet List? What's the best way to do this (figure some of you might've done it before and can show us Newbies!!)?
Never a problem finding ways to keep the excitement rolling in!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter