August 12, 2011 Disney Dream Meet Link Here

Hello from the UK again!! not been on this thread in ages!! getting very excited now - my case is packed! we fly from Manchester on Saturday and spend few days doing the parks before we join the Dream :goodvibes

We're (me, DH and DS 13) in room 7602.

I must admit I've done very little planning which is very unlike me! but I guess we shall just have to go with the flow!! unless there's something desperate I need to know!!:lmao:

Gary and Rae --

Quick question....with having 2 cabins for your families are you doing 2 fish extenders or 1? I want to make sure that everything gets separated and organized correctly.

Thanks!!

We have two FE's. My mom and Melina on one, and Ray Trev and I on another.

Hello from the UK again!! not been on this thread in ages!! getting very excited now - my case is packed! we fly from Manchester on Saturday and spend few days doing the parks before we join the Dream :goodvibes

We're (me, DH and DS 13) in room 7602.

I must admit I've done very little planning which is very unlike me! but I guess we shall just have to go with the flow!! unless there's something desperate I need to know!!:lmao:

Have a safe journey! The main thing you need to know is that we are all meeting at 2:30 in Club 687 - that's in the District on Deck 4. We hope to see you there! :cool1:

Oh, and I forgot to ask in a couple of days... if anyone else would like a Disney Dreamers magnet, I can still make one for your cabin door! Here is what they look like....

Just let me know!!!

Have a safe journey! The main thing you need to know is that we are all meeting at 2:30 in Club 867 - that's in the District on Deck 4. We hope to see you there! :cool1:

Hi Lani:
Not sure if it matters, but it looks like the club is 687 ?

687 is a contemporary sports lounge located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream. During the day, 687 provides family games and activities in a comfortable, casual setting; after 9:00 p.m., the venue transforms into a refuge for adults seeking more grown-up activities and games to enjoy over a beer, wine or mixed drinks.

Hi Lani:
Not sure if it matters, but it looks like the club is 687 ?

687 is a contemporary sports lounge located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream. During the day, 687 provides family games and activities in a comfortable, casual setting; after 9:00 p.m., the venue transforms into a refuge for adults seeking more grown-up activities and games to enjoy over a beer, wine or mixed drinks.

Thanks Gary!!! Do you know that every time I have gone to type what that darn club has been called I have had to go check!! This time I didn't and got it wrong!!! Ugh.... I will go back and edit it!!!

3smithboys, yes please if okay for the magnet, that would be great!

we will see you for the dis meet! looking forward to it :goodvibes

3smithboys, yes please if okay for the magnet, that would be great!

we will see you for the dis meet! looking forward to it :goodvibes

Great! I have you down for a magnet... see you at the meet... did you see that I typed the club name wrong? It should have been Club 687 not 867! (still on Deck 4)

One more night and we're finally in August!

We're completely obsessed with the cruise now and spend all day and night reading DisBoards and Facebook waiting for updates from everyone. :wizard:

I was curious if any of the DS's out there are Boy Scouts. My two sons are both scouts here in NJ and would love to trade patches (CSPs) with any other scouts in the group. My older son Ricky (DS15) is an Eagle Scout and my younger son Ryan (DS13) is a First Class scout. Patch trading is very popular at the National Scout Jamboree because they get to meet scouts from around the country and around the world. I figured the odds are pretty good that at least a couple of other boys in the group might be scouts and would like to trade.

In other news, my wife has completed our Fish Extender and it came out great! (She did 95% of the work and only leaned on mom-in-law for a little of the sewing). We had a few more questions, being newbies to FEs and disney cruises. Do the Cast Members put anything in the FEs? Also, do non-Disboard groups do the FE thing, or is it pretty much just DisBoard people?

Rich and Shirley

Rich, the FE thing is just for who signed up for it. The cast members do not add to it. Bummer! Glad you got your FE done. I had to buy both of mine. Got 90% of the packing done this weekend. We are getting excited also. Just get me through 6 days of work. Well have a great night everyone. Will check back in later! Big Brother on tonight:happytv: I know what yinz are thinking, but I'm addicted.

Michelle, what's your last name? I'll find you, friend you, and add you to the group since I haven't seen the request come through yet! I don't know what's going on, sorry!! :confused3
I sent you a PM with my last name. Thanks!

I have a newbie question. (or at least newbie to the pirate pirate: night) Do people usually just wear their pirate things for the deck party, or for dinner too?

- Michael :earsboy:
We only wear pirate themed shirts, but on last cruise we wore them at supper as well as to party.

How's everyone's weekend going?
Mama K just posted in our traveling parties FB group that it's official...she'll still be silent while on vacation. No talking allowed per the doctor, so the whiteboard is coming to WDW and the Dream.

We'll find out on Tuesday how crazy everything gets with the newly enforced port arrival times. I'm definitely curious.

Wendy, I added you to the FB group this morning. I don't know where Michelle's been, but I need her last name to get her added as well since her request never showed up.

Have a good day everyone!
Hope not talking is helping. That would be very difficultto do!

Man, I was off the boards for a couple of days and missed so much. I spent Friday gathering my scrapbook things and then 11 hours on Saturday with 3 friends doing a marathon scrapbooking day! Then scrapped at home all day today, too. I'm trying to finish a 2009 DL vacation before I have to come home and scrap this trip! :rotfl2: I should be getting ready for the trip instead though.:confused3 I made my magnets Thursday, still haven't made a couple shirts for myself or packed toiletries. Got all my and DS's clothes in seperate closet hanging up.

Hello from animal kingdom! We have been here since yesterday morning and are having a blast! Crowds are minimal at the parks, we went to MK yesterday and didn't encounter many waits for rides, today we were at epcot and the park was practically empty. Being a weekend, I assumed it would be busier, but we aren't complaining! Tomorrow we are headed to the outlet mall for some shopping therapy! :lmao: my DH isn't too happy, but he'll get over it. He's not a shopping person! Then back to MK for dinner at Tonys, and maybe wishes, it's my favorite!

Can't wait to meet all of you at club 687! We will be there!

See ya all soon, I'll be checking in from my iPad while we are here!

Fun fact...

Adjacent to The District, 687 is a pub and sports bar. The name 687 is a reference to the "block number" of the Disney Dream, the vessel number assigned by the shipyard and denoted on every block and every piece of steel used to build the Disney Dream cruise ship.

Michelle, I sent you a friend request on FB. Once you accept I'll put you in the group. :grouphug:

Anyone know a Verity?? It's another request I've gotten to join. Sorry to keep asking, but some names don't sound familiar and I just always want to double check here and make sure I'm not excluding anyone.

Fun fact...

Adjacent to The District, 687 is a pub and sports bar. The name 687 is a reference to the "block number" of the Disney Dream, the vessel number assigned by the shipyard and denoted on every block and every piece of steel used to build the Disney Dream cruise ship.
:cool2: Thanks for sharing that!

Michelle, I sent you a friend request on FB. Once you accept I'll put you in the group. :grouphug:
Thanks, I just accepted it.

I'm at work, barely. I am so excited! 8 days and I can't concentrate; I keep flipping my agenda planner to next week to see where I'll be! I'm also on Disney websites looking at stuff I have looked at a million times:surfweb: I need to get busy and make sure I'm caught up with all of my work before I leave or I'll come back to a mess.

No cruise docs yet. I have never waited this long. I'll call her tomorrow if I don't hear by then.

Tina - good to hear the crowds are low. Hope it stays that way! I looked at the extended weather forcast and it says rain in WDW next week. I hope they're wrong!

Just wanted to let everyone know that when I called DCL yesterday, I was told that they would have the following movies playing onboard: Pirates 4, Cars 2, Pooh, Tron, African Cats, I Am Number Four, Mars Needs Moms, Gnomeo and Juliet, Prom, and The Help.

Looking forward to a great cruise. It's almost here!

Just wanted to let everyone know that when I called DCL yesterday, I was told that they would have the following movies playing onboard: Pirates 4, Cars 2, Pooh, Tron, African Cats, I Am Number Four, Mars Needs Moms, Gnomeo and Juliet, Prom, and The Help.

Okay for that first night.....no movies the other nights? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter