• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 11, 2014 - Alaskan cruise on the Wonder

Hi all!! Just back from the Dream and while onboard we booked this cruise to Alaska. In our party it is me (40), husband (42), daughter (11), son (7) and my parents (73 and 76). We have been on 5 Disney cruises, so with this one we get our gold lanyards. So excited, I already started a countdown on my phone.

Hi all!! Just back from the Dream and while onboard we booked this cruise to Alaska. In our party it is me (40), husband (42), daughter (11), son (7) and my parents (73 and 76). We have been on 5 Disney cruises, so with this one we get our gold lanyards. So excited, I already started a countdown on my phone.

Welcome to the group!!! :cool1:

I got my first gold lanyard on my last cruise :goodvibes It was nice to be invited to the Castaway Club reception. My kids will be earning their first gold lanyards on this one (I did one cruise with just my DH so I'm one ahead of them).

Me, my husband, and my daughter (11) will be joining you on the 8/11/14 Alaska cruise, along with my sister and her husband. We can't wait! So, our group will be:

Julie, Frank, Lauren (11), Lisa, Clint

@ Rileysmommy - I believe we were on the same Dream cruise (Western Caribbean), which sailed on 8/17, and returned on 8/26. We had a really great time on that cruise! Our best family vacation ever (at least, that is, until the Alaska cruise!)

Julie

Me, my husband, and my daughter (11) will be joining you on the 8/11/14 Alaska cruise, along with my sister and her husband. We can't wait! So, our group will be:

Julie, Frank, Lauren (11), Lisa, Clint

@ Rileysmommy - I believe we were on the same Dream cruise (Western Caribbean), which sailed on 8/17, and returned on 8/26. We had a really great time on that cruise! Our best family vacation ever (at least, that is, until the Alaska cruise!)

Julie

WOO HOO - more people!!! Welcome to the group!! :cool1:

Hello all!
We haven't even been on our first cruise yet, (1 month, 2 weeks, and 1 day to go!) and I'm already planning #2. DH and I were talking about taking advantage of booking while we're on board. So we technically we aren't booked yet. It's killing me, by the way! We want to book a verandah since it is Alaska after all. And of course, I have this fear that they'll be gone by the time we book next month. Irrational, I know!

Cruising with me will be DH BJ, DS Michael (13 at cruise time), and DD Catie (10 at cruise time)! We were originally going for later in August but with DH working as the school librarian it would have been right in the middle of coming back to school.

Looking forward to it!!!

Catherine :cool1:

Hi, Catherine! :wave2: Glad to see we have another family joining in on the fun! My 11 year old daughter is excited to learn that you will have a 10 year old and 13 year old on board! :hyper: I know that right now our Alaska cruise seems so long away, but it will be here before we know it!

Hey Fellow cruisers!!! Just checking in to keep this thread going.

Has anyone started making other reservations yet? I just booked our train ride home (that has my DS very excited) :thumbsup2

I have one hotel reservation in Vancouver but I'm not 100% sure about it so that may not stay. I think I may book flights to Vancouver now too since the rates for those seem OK (I was going to say reasonable but none of the prices for anything for this trip seem reasonable anymore ;) :lmao:) I think I may book our Seattle hotel too while I am at it.

So many plans to make for this little adventure.... :rolleyes1

Hello! Our family will be on the August 11 sailing as well. Our group consists of me, DH, my mom, DS20, DD18, and DS9.

This will be our 7th Disney cruise but first time outside the Bahamas/Caribbean area. We are very excited to try something different!

We participated in our first FE on our last cruise. It was a lot of fun and we look forward to participating again.

Hello! Our family will be on the August 11 sailing as well. Our group consists of me, DH, my mom, DS20, DD18, and DS9.

This will be our 7th Disney cruise but first time outside the Bahamas/Caribbean area. We are very excited to try something different!

We participated in our first FE on our last cruise. It was a lot of fun and we look forward to participating again.

Welcome to the group!!! We haven't been a very active thread but hopefully it will pick up soon!!

We've switched to a different cruise. Everyone enjoy!!!

I hope you have a great cruise!

We haven't been a very active thread but hopefully it will pick up soon!! I hope you have a great cruise!
I decided August was too far away so I booked OGT out of Galveston leaving on Nov 16th. The ladies who organized the FE did an awesome job of dividing the FE groups up by those w/children & adult only groups. It might be something we want to consider when the cruise gets closer.

Just got off my first DC and booked this one while onboard! Loved it! My mother, one of my daughters and I are going on this one! We are sooo excited!! We loved our FE and want to do it again! :lovestruc: Would be glad to start a FE group if you guys want.

Also, here is the Facebook link if anyone wants to join the page there too! :yay:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1414129788822507/

Looking forward to another GREAT cruise!

Just got off my first DC and booked this one while onboard! Loved it! My mother, one of my daughters and I are going on this one! We are sooo excited!! We loved our FE and want to do it again! :lovestruc: Would be glad to start a FE group if you guys want.

Also, here is the Facebook link if anyone wants to join the page there too! :yay:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1414129788822507/

Looking forward to another GREAT cruise!

Thanks for the FB link. I just sent a request :)

For FE groups, please pm or email (kris10new at yahoo.com) me your info such as:
cabin #, names in party, event (if any), favorite character, and email so I can eventually send emails out with updates.:cheer2:

Did you get my PM from last week kris10new?

I noticed it says I don't have any sent messages but I swear I sent you one.

Hi there! :) I am planning to book this on our Fantasy cruise two weeks from today! SO EXCITED!!! This will be my (Ellen) 6th Disney Cruise and DS15, Timmy's 5th- and for both of us it will mean we have sailed on all four ships! :thumbsup2 For DH Pods (Ken) and DS17 Tyler it will be the 4th cruise on DCL. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Hi, we will be sailing with you in August! My husband, me and our two kids. I am ready to get back to mousekeeping!! We just cruised in November.

So happy to find this group! I am 41 and will be traveling with DH (41) and DD (11) as well as my parents! It is the 2nd cruise for my parents and the 4th DCL cruise for the rest of us.

I am glad to be able to connect with others on the cruise, especially others with kids DD's age. I just can't wait to be there and all I do now is plan! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter