• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 11, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

Hey all,
We were booked on a Mexican Riveria cruise for Christmas 2012 and I guess they cancelled it, so we are moving our reservation to this cruise.

This will be our 4th Disney Cruise - the first to the Eastern so that's exciting!

It will be me, my husband, our daughter who will be 12, and our son who will be 9.

We were on the dream last summer and this trip on the Fantasy will make it a grand slam for all four ships for us!

Looking forward to chatting with you all soon!

Carole

Hi Carole!

Sorry to hear your Mexican Riviera cruise was cancelled. BUT - on the plus side, I'm assuming you got that AWESOME offer of $250 in shipboard credits from Disney Cruise Line? Extra SBC is always a good thing! :)

Have a fantastic holiday season, everyone! :)

Hi Carole!

Sorry to hear your Mexican Riviera cruise was cancelled. BUT - on the plus side, I'm assuming you got that AWESOME offer of $250 in shipboard credits from Disney Cruise Line? Extra SBC is always a good thing! :)

Have a fantastic holiday season, everyone! :)

Well, it was actually $500 :) and we booked it on our last cruise so there was $200 then... should be able to nicely spend on the cruise :) Interestingly enough, we didn't really want the mexican itinerary, but were hoping for some med dates to be released so we booked a cruise that was really far out. I guess we picked the right one.

Well, it was actually $500 :) and we booked it on our last cruise so there was $200 then... should be able to nicely spend on the cruise :) Interestingly enough, we didn't really want the mexican itinerary, but were hoping for some med dates to be released so we booked a cruise that was really far out. I guess we picked the right one.

Well, DANG! Merry Christmas from Disney Cruise Line! LOL!!! :)

We are in! SO excited! :cool1: It will be our 4th Disney cruise. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but will be checking to see if anyone will have their kids that are the same age as ours...1,5,7. It has been a long time since our last cruise, so I'm having fun learning about FE's and other fun stuff. Last we cruised, DISers were just decorating their doors. :rotfl2: (2006).

We are in! SO excited! :cool1: It will be our 4th Disney cruise. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but will be checking to see if anyone will have their kids that are the same age as ours...1,5,7. It has been a long time since our last cruise, so I'm having fun learning about FE's and other fun stuff. Last we cruised, DISers were just decorating their doors. :rotfl2: (2006).

I have a 5 year old, turning 6 on September 26.

I'm Dan. Nice to meet you! :)

Just booked this cruise! We are myself, dh, ds (7) and the in-laws. This is our first Disney cruise, so we're super excited. WE've cruised others before but our first with Disney!

Welcome! We just booked our post cruise stay for 4 nights at Bay Lake Towers...it will be our first DVC visit....

We are stay in Windsor Hills for a week prior to the cruise, then 4 nights post at the BLT.... Can't wait!!

We have done 3 prior Disney cruises and 2 on Princess, excited to see the new ship!

I have a 5 year old, turning 6 on September 26.

I'm Dan. Nice to meet you! :)

Fantastic! Our 5yo is our only princess. She can't wait to go play in the clubs! :) ((btw, we LOVE Dreams :) ))

Does anyone know if we have a FE gift thingie for our trip? I've been reading about it and think it would be so much fun! I'm someone who will work on the gifts a little at a time when I have a spare moment.

Fantastic! Our 5yo is our only princess. She can't wait to go play in the clubs! :) ((btw, we LOVE Dreams :) ))

Does anyone know if we have a FE gift thingie for our trip? I've been reading about it and think it would be so much fun! I'm someone who will work on the gifts a little at a time when I have a spare moment.

There is a facebook group that has started and mention of a FE exchange. We would like to, we really enjoy being part of the FE group.

We are going too!! We have been on the magic several times. Anyone know about dining etc on the new ship?

Haven't seen to much on the Fantasy yet, but the Animators looks neat! Loved Animators on the Dream, although we weren't really close to one of the screens.

Welcome!

Was busy yesterday!

Booked our flights (2 on points - YAY!) and paid for 2. Nice to get a direct flight down, there aren't too many options of that from Calgary in the summer.

Also secured our rental house in Windsor Hills for a week prior to the cruise, and booked a rental car for post cruise!

Is it really still 7 months out? ;)

Have a great weekend everybody! We are heading out to the mountains to ski on Saturday...

Anyone who wants to be part Of our FE and join our PRIVATE FACE BOOK group please email me.

Sws.london@yahoo.com

I will get back to you. Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to some of you. Sent out a few request today.
Had a email issue should be running smoother now.

My DD9 and I will be on this cruise also. This is her 5th and my 6th Disney Cruise. We loved the Dream last year and can't wait to explore the Fantasy. DD loved the FE exchange so I hope we can get one organized.

Hey daisy37. Welcome, email me at the address in the post above and I will include you in the FAcebook group which has a FE. We would love to have you. I will send you a friend request and add you In. I have a 9 year old daughter as well. This will be our 5th Disney cruise and look forward to checking out thr fantasy after two dream sailings last summer.

Booked the airfare from California ~ whew! Expensive.
Working on pre cruise stay.
Anyone have info on getting from ship to airport when we dock?

Booked the airfare from California ~ whew! Expensive.
Working on pre cruise stay.
Anyone have info on getting from ship to airport when we dock?

It depends on how many guests are in your party. If you're 4 or more, a towncar service may be cheaper than Disney Cruise Line's transfers. They're $70 per guest, roundtrip.

I'm with a group of 7, total. It was $200 to rent a van through http://www.fltours.com.

I think you may still save money - even if you're only looking at one way - by booking through an independent company.

If you're 3 or fewer, it's probably easier to just book the Disney Cruise Line transfers.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter