August 10, 2013 Magic 7 Day Med!!

We are with you!! So glad DCL is going back to the Med. It will be our first time. We transferred a NYC sailing deposit to this cruise. Only 559 days away

We are with you!! So glad DCL is going back to the Med. It will be our first time. We transferred a NYC sailing deposit to this cruise. Only 559 days away

Yes!! So glad to have some company on this cruise! :lmao: We transferred our deposit from another cruise as well. I will be traveling with my sister and my DD14 (or she will be at the time!). I started a thread on the cruise forum to ask for any Med trip reports/blogs or tips and it's been so helpful! I'm so excited and I've got some great ideas as to where to go or not go from them. Here is the link if you are interested!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869097

The GreenAcres bunch is in! We will be looking for some college age kids for our group to meet up with. DH and I will be bringing four 18-22 year olds with us for our first Med cruise. So EXCITED!

This will be our first cruise SANS child. It will be odd not having to worry about our son. He will be starting college later that month. Our first Disney Cruise was when he was 4 and in the Oceaneer Club.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

We are booked for this cruise as well. It will be my wife and I, along with our (then) 11 year old dd and 8 yr. old ds.

Looking forward to our first return trip to Europe since we've had kids!

This will be our 6th Disney Cruise - 5th on the Magic. We also changed one of our deposits from another sailing to this one. Never been to the Mediterranean and thought we would never get there, but we've booked this one and can't wait to experience a Disney cruise in Europe!!!

Along with us will be our teenage daughters ~ ages 19 and 17 when we sail, my mom, my brother in law and my brother!!

We are here too! It will be me, DH, and DS (wil be 12 on the cruise)

We are booked! Myself, DH, DS16, DS14, DS12 and DD8 (ages at time of sailing). My friend, her DH and DD15 will be with us. I have been reading all of the great trip reports from past med cruises. So exciting - we have never been to Europe. Right now we are considering flying into Paris for 4 days prior to the cruise. We'll see how work/finances go!

In the meantime its good to have a group of fellow travelers to pass the time with.

Mom2BCCC,
We also want to build in a few days in Paris before the cruise. Of course, that's if time and money allow it....

We are booked! Myself, DH, DS16, DS14, DS12 and DD8 (ages at time of sailing). My friend, her DH and DD15 will be with us. I have been reading all of the great trip reports from past med cruises. So exciting - we have never been to Europe. Right now we are considering flying into Paris for 4 days prior to the cruise. We'll see how work/finances go!

In the meantime its good to have a group of fellow travelers to pass the time with.

We are booked too! It will be me, DH, DS13 and DS12 (8/10 is his 12th birthday!) Never been to Europe either and were thinking of going to Spain or somewhere before or after the trip. Paris does sound nice. Would love to do Adventures by Disney, but that's quite a few extra pennies! lol

It is still quite aways away but I need to put in for and arrange my vacation time for the cruise during the next few weeks. I can only take 2 weeks during the summer and I'm not sure if I should take the week before or after the cruise ....

Mom2BCCC,
We also want to build in a few days in Paris before the cruise. Of course, that's if time and money allow it....

It is still quite aways away but I need to put in for and arrange my vacation time for the cruise during the next few weeks. I can only take 2 weeks during the summer and I'm not sure if I should take the week before or after the cruise ....

We are booked too! It will be me, DH, DS13 and DS12 (8/10 is his 12th birthday!) Never been to Europe either and were thinking of going to Spain or somewhere before or after the trip. Paris does sound nice. Would love to do Adventures by Disney, but that's quite a few extra pennies! lol

Hello everyone! We just got back from a 4 night Dream cruise and re-shopped this cruise onboard. We were able to save a good amount plus got the onboard credit of $200 per room (we have two rooms). :banana::banana:

My mother and Aunt will be joining us as well as another family with 1 DD age 13. Should be great!

We are tentatively planning to take two weeks off and go to Paris the week before the cruise. We are limited to the week before because two of my DS's do high school cross country which will begin mid-August. I also think there is an advantage to taking the week before because of the jet lag issue. Either way, though, you can't go wrong - you'll be spending two weeks in Europe!

I have to submit my vacation week choices by may 7th and I'll find out for sure what week(s) I get on June 6th

I'll be so bummed if I have to move the cruise.

We are thinking about Adventures by Disney add on but for our family of 5 the quote is over 11K. I heard about some 'signature' excursions which are similar to the stuff ABD does but perhaps less regimented. We may go that route and not spend quite as much.

I wish the cruise left out of an Italian port as I would love spend more time before or after the cruise seeing more of Italy, the Ferrari factory in Maranello for starters :worship:

I'm in too. I was on the 24/08 sailing, but in sister is getting married on that date, so changed it again.

There will be me, DH and DS who will be 14 at the time of sailing. We went on this cruise before and did all of the trips on our own, so will be able to help anyone in that department.

This is our second cruise.

As are from the UK. I will post a planning thread I started later on here.

I'm hoping to add on a few days post cruise, but it depends on cost.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868717
Here you go

still waiting to see if I can have this week off for the cruise.

not too sure if we will wind up doing this or not. just booked a Hawaiian inter island cruise for april 2013 and not sure about doing europe just four months after that. although I really want to do this itinerary, not sure if the kids are going to really be into this type of touring vacation ... tough call

I didn't get the week I wanted in August to make this cruise happen.

I have to find something else on DCL as its a non refundable deposit. I really hate that regarding DCL booking policies. C'est la vie.

I didn't get the week I wanted in August to make this cruise happen.

I have to find something else on DCL as its a non refundable deposit. I really hate that regarding DCL booking policies. C'est la vie.

Bummer!! Sorry you couldn't get that week off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter