• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank god, it's Friday!!!!!!!! One more week of school and we are done. I CANNOT wait. :cloud9:

GOOD LUCK! You are ALMOST THERE!!!

I would love to meet on the ship. Have you decided on anything on FB yet? PLEASE, don't forget us over here. ;)
On all 10 cruises we have had a meet before the muster drill. Wouldn't it be rather hard on sea days with people sleeping in, going to Palo or Remy? But I'll go with whatever you "lot" want. :lmao:

Since you asked for suggestions .... I would say, embarkation day. Between 3 and 4, more like 3.15, as I am sure some of us will be at the DVC presentation which usually starts a 2? or 2.30?
So far we have always met in the Vista Cafe right above the Atrium. Don't know if it would work with over 100 people, but I am sure not everyone will attend a meet.
Just my 2 cents. ;)

Did you see how the poll ended? :rotfl2: It's split right in the middle. But I tend to lean towards the 2 groups. We have a few who are not responding and IF we won't get any info on them, if we have three groups they might shrink too much. If we split in half we would have 22/23 staterooms, not counting the "non responsive" ones.
I will need to make a decision come Sunday. So this will be something to think about.

As far as the meet and greet, on the facebook page we are making sure everyone knows where to sign up (DISboards and your group) for the FE. And we are trying to make sure everyone comes over to do the poll and throw in their two cents on anything you have asked.

I think meeting on the first day at 3:15 is a good idea as that is the day you have more of a chance to not interrupt everything else during the sea days.

I am torn about the group splits! But I will be prepared for whatever is decided!

Happy belated birthday to your sister and happy birthday to you!
Let your grandma know that by the beginning of next week she will have her list! :goodvibes

One thing I cannot leave home without, scissors and a screwdriver. Both have come in handy LOADS of times. :thumbsup2

I will have to put down scissors and a screwdriver for myself as well. Just to be on the safe side.

Best thing to bump into some familiar faces again and again. Just don't forget to keep us in the loop here. ;)
Guess, being that we are foreigners we won't be any good at trivia games.

You don't have to be foreigners to not be good at Trivia. Depending on what it is, I am not that great. But Harry Potter... Danielle, my 21 year old daughter, is an EXCELLENT person to ask those questions to.

Ah, the Hidden Mickey book! :goodvibes Make sure you have a recent copy as there are things added with every new edition. We ARE talking about the yellow book, aren't we?

Oh, and a camera is a vacation essential for us - we definitely travel with more than one. :rotfl2:

Yes, I have Hidden Mickey Yellow book for the cruise. I THINK it is the most recent one, but I will make sure of it.

Yes, I think embarkation day would be a good choice. No tours, reservations or anything.
Let me know what you all want. :goodvibes

:goodvibes

:woohoo:
I can't believe no one has brought up the idea of a meet here earlier. :thumbsup2
Wouldn't a first day meet the perfect way to introduce the kids to each other and to get to know one another?
Only 6 more weeks!!!!!!!

I agree!!!

Got your PM! I will update tonight. I am so glad to have you join the FE group as well. :thumbsup2

May I add that they have a yum yum drink of the day in a souvenir cup to make making friendships even easier. ;) :rotfl2:

I have no clue what a yum yum drink of the day is, but I want one!

Tell me about it ...... the end of the school year is a pain and I just learned that I am going to be a head teacher next year.
Even more stuff to prepare for next fall.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome for you!
:thumbsup2

Okay, I'll gladly come and watch you win. :thumbsup2 But believe me, I am NO good at anything like it ...... says the teacher, who after a year still can't remember the last names of her pupils. :rotfl2:

Thank you! I will put you on the list right away.
We are closing sign up on the 30th of June and a day or so after the individual groups will be posted. :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard the FE TRAIN!! (errr cruise!)

Tree Limin Zipline in St. Thomas, my 12 yr old son would love that. Do we sign up once we get on the ship? We are from southern Calif. and did it once when we went camping in the Redlands area, scary but FUN!!

Shelley, thanks for keeping me in the loop! :goodvibes

Tree Limin Zipline in St. Thomas, my 12 yr old son would love that. Do we sign up once we get on the ship? We are from southern Calif. and did it once when we went camping in the Redlands area, scary but FUN!!

You should sign up as soon as possible. Go to the DCL site and look under port adventures. These things sell out pretty fast and in most cases, once they are sold out it is pretty hard to book with the company itself, as they have a contract with the cruise line.

We are from OC originally from LA. Welcome & looking forward to sharing this amazing adventure with your family. We are also 1st cruisers with DCL and never been on any others! We just got home from 14 hours at Disneyland and California adventure. Got my two 8 yr old boys all excited for the cruise now! Countdown begins for ya'll! BTW we are flying from LAX on 8/9, how about you folks?

We are also flying from LAX on AA the 9:30 pm flight. :hyper:

Shelley, thanks for keeping me in the loop! :goodvibes

You should sign up as soon as possible. Go to the DCL site and look under port adventures. These things sell out pretty fast and in most cases, once they are sold out it is pretty hard to book with the company itself, as they have a contract with the cruise line.

:thumbsup2 thanks for the tip!!

We just booked our cruise and I am new to the whole FE thing. I have a couple of questions before I sign up. How many gifts will I need to get and will I need to pass them all out on the same day? We are all looking forward to ending our summer with the cruise!!

We just booked our cruise and I am new to the whole FE thing. I have a couple of questions before I sign up. How many gifts will I need to get and will I need to pass them all out on the same day? We are all looking forward to ending our summer with the cruise!!

:welcome: to the DISboards and to our cruise thread!
It's great to know that you are on board as well.

To answer your questions about the FE. It is up to you how you give your FE gifts. You can deliver them whenever you want over the course of the cruise. As for how many gifts - you need to give one gift to every family/stateroom on your FE list. If you give a stateroom gift, or if you give gifts for the individual people in the stateroom is up to you again.

Please be aware: Sign up for the FE will close tomorrow at midnight!! IF you decide to join please let me know the first names of everyone, the ages of the kids and your stateroom number.

Hi, this will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We have done door decorations in the past, but have not done the FE exchange, and are excited to participate!

My husband and I have a 6yo son, soon to be in the 1st grade, who LOVES the Kids' club. We are also traveling with another family who has a 5yo daughter. We don't know our rooms yet, we have a guaranteed inside room, on deck 8, 9, or 10.

Please let me know what I need to do to participate. I don't have a FE, but am working on getting/making one. Looking forward to a fun cruise! If anyone has kids in the 5-7 range that are looking for playmates, please let us know.

Hi, this will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We have done door decorations in the past, but have not done the FE exchange, and are excited to participate!

My husband and I have a 6yo son, soon to be in the 1st grade, who LOVES the Kids' club. We are also traveling with another family who has a 5yo daughter. We don't know our rooms yet, we have a guaranteed inside room, on deck 8, 9, or 10.

Please let me know what I need to do to participate. I don't have a FE, but am working on getting/making one. Looking forward to a fun cruise! If anyone has kids in the 5-7 range that are looking for playmates, please let us know.

:welcome: to the DISboards and our cruise thread!
Glad to have you and your family and friends on board.

I will gladly sign you up for the FE exchange. You are just in time, we are closing sign up tomorrow at midnight. ;)
For our list we will need:
  • everyone's first names
  • ages of kids
  • your stateroom number
You can let us know your stateroom number when you get them - please let us know your names and ages of kids as soon as possible, as we want to finalize the list by Monday. :goodvibes

Whew! Glad we made it. I don't have enough posts to send a PM or even post an email address apparently. Maybe I can do a work around, Mine is *** at yahoo dot com.

Then I can send the names/ages, etc.

Thanks!

Got your emails! :goodvibes

I will need to update my list tonight as I am just heading out the door to do some shopping! :thumbsup2

My daughter, Madison, will be 5 (almost 6) on the cruise!

So we finally have the final count for who is cruising with me! Its me, my mom, my aunt, and my younger cousin. I'm encouraging all of them to go all out for pirate night, but my mom is apprehensive, and my cousin is 12 going on "too old and cool to do anything fun." So I just wanted to take a quick head count, how many of you are dressing up for pirate night?

So excited!!!!! Now that school is out, I can start making out FE and gifts. This is my husband and my first cruise and we are over the moon!!! To add to the FE info (stateroom #5050) Phillip's fave characters are Mickey and Baloo. I love Belle, and Mickey and Minnie. This cruise is to celebrate our 21st anniversary, and I can't wait!!!
See you all soon!!!

We would like to be added to the FE list! We are in room 9120.
Barry
Jordan
Jacob-9
Stella-4
Thanks!

Hello All!

Just found this site and my family and I will on this cruise too and would love to participate in the fish exchange. I hope its not too late... could someone please tell me how I can be addded?

Thanks!
Julie

Cabin #8078
RJ
Julie
Aubrie-3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter