• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to apologize for not replying to some posts. I am not trying to ignore you :lmao:, but we are going towards the end of the school year and my time is pretty limited. :goodvibes

I started on getting the lists together last weekend. Since we had some new cruisers joining I needed to "shuffle" a few things around to make numbers even. At the moment all three groups are a little over 50 people. I do have a backup if we wanted to split in half, but it looks like 3 groups. :thumbsup2

One more question ............

It is very quiet on here, no chit chat, as I guess everyone is on facebook. Just wanted to know if you are planning a group meet.
If not and someone is interested we could plan something together. :goodvibes

I have to apologize for not replying to some posts. I am not trying to ignore you :lmao:, but we are going towards the end of the school year and my time is pretty limited. :goodvibes

I started on getting the lists together last weekend. Since we had some new cruisers joining I needed to "shuffle" a few things around to make numbers even. At the moment all three groups are a little over 50 people. I do have a backup if we wanted to split in half, but it looks like 3 groups. :thumbsup2

One more question ............

It is very quiet on here, no chit chat, as I guess everyone is on facebook. Just wanted to know if you are planning a group meet.

I would VERY much like to get together on the cruise. It has been talked about on facebook as to when would you like to get together. Some are saying before the muster on the first day, others are saying the second day after breakfast so things can calm down a little bit. No one knows for sure what you would like to do and no one knows where the best time/place to meet. What do you suggest?

Thanks for putting the lists together. For me I voted for two groups, but I think three would be more manageable. But whatever wins, I am good with.

Morning everyone!

Been a little crazy over here in Texas so I haven't been on much, and yesterday was my sister's birthday, which in our family kicks off ALL of our summer birthdays! With MY birthday being the most important :lmao:...

My Grandma has been driving me NUTS about the FE. She has asked me atleast 20 times when she can have a list. I keep telling her... "Grandma, it's a popular cruise! People are still signing up every day.. Patience! For the love PATIENCE!"

Questions for peeps with little ones... what do you have them wear for dinner? Polo and pants? I'm pretty sure my 3 year old will get something tasty all over him so I will see yall in the laundry room!:laundy:

Question for everyone... what is your one item that you can't leave home without. (Not an essential item like passports... a non-essential item).

Happy Thursday!:banana:

P.S. I would also like to meet! It's fun seeing some familiar faces around the ship! Plus... I think DH and I want to play trivia atleast once.. I think we'll need a team... :goodvibes

My Grandma has been driving me NUTS about the FE. She has asked me atleast 20 times when she can have a list. I keep telling her... "Grandma, it's a popular cruise! People are still signing up every day.. Patience! For the love PATIENCE!"

Question for everyone... what is your one item that you can't leave home without. (Not an essential item like passports... a non-essential item).

P.S. I would also like to meet! It's fun seeing some familiar faces around the ship! Plus... I think DH and I want to play trivia atleast once.. I think we'll need a team... :goodvibes

I can't answer the little one question, but I think it is FUNNY about your grandma. My dad keeps asking me how many gifts I will need on the one item I am doing and I keep telling him that after this Sunday, I will know how many items I need.

Also... the one item I can't leave home without is my camera. I HAVE to have that, as I LOVE taking tons of pictures of EVERYTHING. That way I can have reminders when I look through the pictures over and over!

I FORGOT to say that I would LOVE to do a trivia game. I have a Hidden Mickey book for the cruise that I am going to bring AND I think I have a sheet or something that I found online for finding things on the ship. Like a picture sheet or something. I can't remember.

Just wanted to know if you are planning a group meet.

FWIW, I vote for the group meet on embarkation day before the muster drill. We've done this in the past and it has worked out great. Just my $0.02. Thanks for organizing! :)

I'd also love to do a group meet. This is our first cruise with kids so we're flying by the seats of our pants. I have no preference so we'll just go with the flow but I'd love to be able to have my boys meet some other kids who will also be in the kids club.

Finally got enough posts to send Dizneet a PM with our names. Still no room number according to TA.

Thank god, it's Friday!!!!!!!! One more week of school and we are done. I CANNOT wait. :cloud9:

I would VERY much like to get together on the cruise. It has been talked about on facebook as to when would you like to get together. Some are saying before the muster on the first day, others are saying the second day after breakfast so things can calm down a little bit. No one knows for sure what you would like to do and no one knows where the best time/place to meet. What do you suggest?

Thanks for putting the lists together. For me I voted for two groups, but I think three would be more manageable. But whatever wins, I am good with.

I would love to meet on the ship. Have you decided on anything on FB yet? PLEASE, don't forget us over here. ;)
On all 10 cruises we have had a meet before the muster drill. Wouldn't it be rather hard on sea days with people sleeping in, going to Palo or Remy? But I'll go with whatever you "lot" want. :lmao:

Since you asked for suggestions .... I would say, embarkation day. Between 3 and 4, more like 3.15, as I am sure some of us will be at the DVC presentation which usually starts a 2? or 2.30?
So far we have always met in the Vista Cafe right above the Atrium. Don't know if it would work with over 100 people, but I am sure not everyone will attend a meet.
Just my 2 cents. ;)

Did you see how the poll ended? :rotfl2: It's split right in the middle. But I tend to lean towards the 2 groups. We have a few who are not responding and IF we won't get any info on them, if we have three groups they might shrink too much. If we split in half we would have 22/23 staterooms, not counting the "non responsive" ones.
I will need to make a decision come Sunday. So this will be something to think about.

Morning everyone!

Been a little crazy over here in Texas so I haven't been on much, and yesterday was my sister's birthday, which in our family kicks off ALL of our summer birthdays! With MY birthday being the most important :lmao:...

Questions for peeps with little ones... what do you have them wear for dinner? Polo and pants? I'm pretty sure my 3 year old will get something tasty all over him so I will see yall in the laundry room!:laundy:

Happy belated birthday to your sister and happy birthday to you!
Let your grandma know that by the beginning of next week she will have her list! :goodvibes

One thing I cannot leave home without, scissors and a screwdriver. Both have come in handy LOADS of times. :thumbsup2

Best thing to bump into some familiar faces again and again. Just don't forget to keep us in the loop here. ;)
Guess, being that we are foreigners we won't be any good at trivia games.

I can't answer the little one question, but I think it is FUNNY about your grandma. My dad keeps asking me how many gifts I will need on the one item I am doing and I keep telling him that after this Sunday, I will know how many items I need.

Also... the one item I can't leave home without is my camera. I HAVE to have that, as I LOVE taking tons of pictures of EVERYTHING. That way I can have reminders when I look through the pictures over and over!

I FORGOT to say that I would LOVE to do a trivia game. I have a Hidden Mickey book for the cruise that I am going to bring AND I think I have a sheet or something that I found online for finding things on the ship. Like a picture sheet or something. I can't remember.

Ah, the Hidden Mickey book! :goodvibes Make sure you have a recent copy as there are things added with every new edition. We ARE talking about the yellow book, aren't we?

Oh, and a camera is a vacation essential for us - we definitely travel with more than one. :rotfl2:

FWIW, I vote for the group meet on embarkation day before the muster drill. We've done this in the past and it has worked out great. Just my $0.02. Thanks for organizing! :)

Yes, I think embarkation day would be a good choice. No tours, reservations or anything.
Let me know what you all want. :goodvibes

I'd also love to do a group meet. This is our first cruise with kids so we're flying by the seats of our pants. I have no preference so we'll just go with the flow but I'd love to be able to have my boys meet some other kids who will also be in the kids club.

:woohoo:
I can't believe no one has brought up the idea of a meet here earlier. :thumbsup2
Wouldn't a first day meet the perfect way to introduce the kids to each other and to get to know one another?
Only 6 more weeks!!!!!!!

Finally got enough posts to send Dizneet a PM with our names. Still no room number according to TA.

Got your PM! I will update tonight. I am so glad to have you join the FE group as well. :thumbsup2

I think the first day, around 3:15, sounds good. Kids can meet, adults can meet, friendship can be made and VACATION can START! Let's DO THIS!!

I am SO READY for vacation. I am over June. I am ready for July!! I've been putting out stupid fires left and right :firefight a work and at home. I am SO ready to sail away!!

Scissors! I really need to put that on the list! ::yes::

I'm serious about the trivia though, fair warning.. I'm more than a little competitive and so is DH. On our honeymoon we played Harry Potter trivia (just the two of us... who are we kidding.. I was playing, he was watching) and we won! BOOYAH! Not to mention that most people had about 6 people each in their groups. ::yes:::goodvibes Very competitive + lots of useless facts = GOOD TIMES!! :lmao:

I think the first day, around 3:15, sounds good. Kids can meet, adults can meet, friendship can be made and VACATION can START! Let's DO THIS!!

May I add that they have a yum yum drink of the day in a souvenir cup to make making friendships even easier. ;) :rotfl2:

I am SO READY for vacation. I am over June. I am ready for July!! I've been putting out stupid fires left and right :firefight a work and at home. I am SO ready to sail away!!

Tell me about it ...... the end of the school year is a pain and I just learned that I am going to be a head teacher next year.
Even more stuff to prepare for next fall.

Scissors! I really need to put that on the list! ::yes::

:thumbsup2

I'm serious about the trivia though, fair warning.. I'm more than a little competitive and so is DH. On our honeymoon we played Harry Potter trivia (just the two of us... who are we kidding.. I was playing, he was watching) and we won! BOOYAH! Not to mention that most people had about 6 people each in their groups. ::yes:::goodvibes Very competitive + lots of useless facts = GOOD TIMES!! :lmao:

Okay, I'll gladly come and watch you win. :thumbsup2 But believe me, I am NO good at anything like it ...... says the teacher, who after a year still can't remember the last names of her pupils. :rotfl2:

Thanks I'll check it out to see if it's too late. Otherwise we'll put something together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter