August 10, 2012 Disney Dream

HI EVERYONE!
I sail on 8/10 and would like to find out/get in on the Fish Extender exchange. Need explanation and want to know who is going!
(Please bare with me...I'm newbie on here!)

Thanks!
Carmen

Welcome Carman,

We had set a deadline for our FE, but we have some folks who made extras. You would have to join our facebook group and post your desire to join to find out which families might be able to exchange with you. (It's a closed group - Disney Dream 8-10-2012). We have also set up a meet and greet. Come on over to our facebook group and you can sign up if you would like!

Marcy

About half way through FE gifts. Of course the big part is left. Also need to work on travel journal. So much to cross of the list. At least the list is getting smaller

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards

:hourglassI just found out about fish extenders today and LOVE the idea! The bad thing is, we are sooo close to the date. My daughter will find out tomorrow if she can get off work for the Aug. 10 cruise out of Port Canaveral. If she gets off, is anyone interested in forming a small group?

I'm a newbie here but it's my understanding you give gifts to everyone in the group so it would definitely need to a small group. From what I understand, for example, if there are three families participating and each family had four people, you would give 12 gifts per day unless my husband didn't participate, they you would give 11.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken on how this works. I have a 16 year old son and a 23 year old daughter (but she's still young at heart).

:wave2: Somebody please help me out. Am I in the wrong place to see if there are some last minute people to do the fish extender swap or is everybody already set and too busy to do it now?

Lisa, most people will deliver only once per cruise. Some will do one gift per person, some one gift per cabin. Many have already finished making or purchasing their gifts, and some are already on vacation, so I'm not sure how many will be able to exchange. You're welcome to add your info to the bottom of the Google Doc, and hopefully you'll receive some Facebook responses from someone who might be able to exchange with you. Unfortunately we've already used up all of our extras - sorry!

Lisa, most people will deliver only once per cruise. Some will do one gift per person, some one gift per cabin. Many have already finished making or purchasing their gifts, and some are already on vacation, so I'm not sure how many will be able to exchange. You're welcome to add your info to the bottom of the Google Doc, and hopefully you'll receive some Facebook responses from someone who might be able to exchange with you. Unfortunately we've already used up all of our extras - sorry!

Thanks SO much for responding. We literally booked our cruise today and I knew there was a VERY slim to none chance. But I can't wait to see the fish extenders hanging up!

Thanks SO much for responding. We literally booked our cruise today and I knew there was a VERY slim to none chance. But I can't wait to see the fish extenders hanging up!

What's your cabin #? We have extras of one gift - a magnet - and would be happy to stick one to your door to share some of the magic :)

Has anyone inquired about the movies being shown? I'm sure we'll get to see Brave, but was wondering if they were going to have a midnight "PreimEAR" of the Timothy Green movie that opens 8/15.

Sorry I've been in-and-out of this forum - only a few more days!
Just wanted to say I updated our room on the Google Doc for FE, and wasn't sure, but highlighted our room in yellow, in case that means I checked in. :)

We paid to upgrade to 8D - Family Oceanview yesterday, and got our room assignment today. :cool1:
85**

Hope I didn't update too late for everyone...

So So So excited. I'm taking my girlies for mickey manicures today!!!
I am out of my skin excited!!!!
pixiedust:

My wife going with the girls to get there nails done also........YOOOOOO..We all cant wait....:cool1:

Hi Everyone!!

We are having a MEET and GREET on Friday(10th) @ 3:00 in the District..:cool1:.I have blank name tags and 4 Sharpies so we can have 4 lines instead of 1 long one!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Joanna:beach:

Does anyone know if the ship has the penny press like they have all over Disney? I heard the press from the Magic was removed as was the one from Castaway Cay. Just wondering...

pixiedust:pixiedust:

Has anyone inquired about the movies being shown? I'm sure we'll get to see Brave, but was wondering if they were going to have a midnight "PreimEAR" of the Timothy Green movie that opens 8/15.

Oooooh, that would be awesome! Not sure I could keep the kids up that late, but I could sure try =D

k2ssss said:
My wife going with the girls to get there nails done also........YOOOOOO..We all cant wait....:cool1:

Guess all the ladies have the same plan! At the salon now for a mani-pedi!

What's your cabin #? We have extras of one gift - a magnet - and would be happy to stick one to your door to share some of the magic :)

You are too sweet. Unfortunately, we don't have our number yet. I'm still excited to see what all of you are doing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter