August 1-6th review

amyg1975

DIS Veteran
August 1st-6th

August 1st- We arrived at lunchtime and visited DTD. We had dinner reservations at Naples, but we walked up at 12 and got in shortly after. I canceled our dinner reservation. We shopped awhile and then headed back to The Camelot because our room was ready. Normally we stay at the Tropicana, but I am tired of getting a room on the side without an elevator. We had been traveling for 10 days already, so we had a lot of stuff. The Camelot was great, we had a two queen room and I was so impressed with all the storage space! One wall has 3 drawers, 3 shelves and it is practically the length of the room, so a ton of counter space. On the same wall they also have a tall storage shelf which worked perfectly for us. The pool is on the 4th floor and is a small salt-water pool.

Monday we spent the day at Knotts. We were Disneyland AP holders, so we never went to Knotts on our trips, so it was fun to check it out. It was super hot there though, and the ride lines got long after lunch. We had dinner at Mrs. Knott’s and then headed back to the hotel.

Tuesday we started at DCA and made it for rope drop hoping to get on Racers right away. Nope, it was already 75 minutes long. We did many rides before lunch, and ate at Ballast Point. Super slow service that day, but the food was good. We were able to get boarding passes for Webslingers, and we boarded after lunch. The Marvel character shows were fun, especially Spiderman! It took us about 35 minutes to get inside, and another 7 minutes to board the ride. We enjoyed the ride. For dinner we had reservations at Lamplight. We sat downstairs, outside in one of the couch tables. Donuts were heavenly, as always. At some point we went to Disneyland and went to our reservation at Oga’s Cantina. We were given a spot at one of the large booth with 7-10 other people. We said hello to that table and walked around then left. Our daughter is 9,therefore not vaccinated, and we had no desire to sit with strangers with masks off, having drinks. We enjoyed the fireworks show from Main Street before heading out for the night.

Wednesday was our “break” day and we went to Storytellers for breakfast and Soak City afterwards (fun!). Storytellers was fun, but not like they were before. The characters do not stop (we knew this), and if you want a picture, you take it fast before they move past you!

I tried to get boarding passes for Webslingers but the app decided that I needed to reset my password, so I missed my chance. Two other times that day it required me to put in a code that they emailed me, so I missed my chance at noon too. Very frustrating! We made it for rope drop but was faced with a 75 minute wait for Racers again. We tried to walk up to order a churro at the Cozy Cone, and even though there was no line, she told us we had to mobile order. We ate them at Flo’s and they have water that you can serve yourself inside. It was nice. I mobile ordered lunch from Pizza Planet and at 1pm we hopped to Disneyland and rode Buzz Lightyear before we picked up the food. We rode Autopia after lunch and then decided to cool down back at the hotel. Standing in lines outside (we kept our masks on too), is hot! After a break we went back to Disneyland and rode The Jungle Cruise. We went in reverse a few times just before reaching the dock. The boat behind us hit a boat that did not know they were going in reverse. One boat had to go backwards through the backside of water, which I thought was pretty entertaining. The line was about 15 minutes, even though it said it was longer. We had dinner at Cafe Orleans. Always our favorite.

Friday was our last day and we had breakfast at Panera. It took them 19 minutes to get us our food. :( We missed rope drop, but we went straight for Fantasy Land and hit a few of those rides. We then went to ToonTown and rode around the park on the train. At 11 we headed to Galaxy's Edge because we promised our daughter that she could build a droid. There are two lines, one for reservations, one for walk-ins. No one was in line, and it was pretty quiet in there, so we built one right away. It was a cute experience. Afterwards we had reservations at Club 33. Amazing food and drinks, and I needed a nap after it all. :) Spent too much money on food and souvenirs. Haha! After a break we went to DCA to go on Webslingers. This time it took us 1 hour to get inside, but at least it was not as hot! We had dinner at Pym’s Kitchen. There were no tables so we ended up eating at the tables outside the Hyperion Theater. It was shaded and quiet, very nice. We tried the Pym-ini and my daughter had the PB&J plate. All good food. We did not mobile order and we ended up with our food before the mobile order time would have been ready.

We were last at the parks on opening day, so this was a much different experience. It was much busier, and without Fast/MaxPass, it was not as enjoyable. We never got to ride Racers either. We saw a few families taking their masks off as soon as a cast member would not see them on indoor rides. On Smugglers Run there was no one inside monitoring the lines, so many people has their masks off, or under their nose. During Soarin 3 announcements were made during the ride to keep their masks on. On the 3rd time the CM specifically called our row 3 to mask up! Many people do not wear them outside, which is not required, but we kept ours on outside in lines because people were practically breathing down your necks. We did most of the rides that we wanted to do and we were glad we had a few reservations for meals. We are contemplating the Magic Key (we had APs for 5 years), but we also want to wait to hear more early adopters. At this point we don’t know if we will go back before November.596777596778

Thank you for the detailed, honest review. This review and others like it solidifies that I will wait until Maxpass or a form of it is back at the parks. We are so used to using Maxpass for things like RSR and Space Mountain...and waiting in hour+ lines won't work for us. I would technically qualify for a DAS. However, my disability is very personal and I'd be somewhat embarrassed explaining to a CM (which is why we were heavy Maxpass users)

I appreciate living through you all though! ❤️

Thank you for the detailed, honest review. This review and others like it solidifies that I will wait until Maxpass or a form of it is back at the parks. We are so used to using Maxpass for things like RSR and Space Mountain...and waiting in hour+ lines won't work for us. I would technically qualify for a DAS. However, my disability is very personal and I'd be somewhat embarrassed explaining to a CM (which is why we were heavy Maxpass users)

I appreciate living through you all though! ❤
I’ve heard it suggested that you can hand them a typed explanation so others around don’t hear you.

August 1st-6th

August 1st- We arrived at lunchtime and visited DTD. We had dinner reservations at Naples, but we walked up at 12 and got in shortly after. I canceled our dinner reservation. We shopped awhile and then headed back to The Camelot because our room was ready. Normally we stay at the Tropicana, but I am tired of getting a room on the side without an elevator. We had been traveling for 10 days already, so we had a lot of stuff. The Camelot was great, we had a two queen room and I was so impressed with all the storage space! One wall has 3 drawers, 3 shelves and it is practically the length of the room, so a ton of counter space. On the same wall they also have a tall storage shelf which worked perfectly for us. The pool is on the 4th floor and is a small salt-water pool.

Monday we spent the day at Knotts. We were Disneyland AP holders, so we never went to Knotts on our trips, so it was fun to check it out. It was super hot there though, and the ride lines got long after lunch. We had dinner at Mrs. Knott’s and then headed back to the hotel.

Tuesday we started at DCA and made it for rope drop hoping to get on Racers right away. Nope, it was already 75 minutes long. We did many rides before lunch, and ate at Ballast Point. Super slow service that day, but the food was good. We were able to get boarding passes for Webslingers, and we boarded after lunch. The Marvel character shows were fun, especially Spiderman! It took us about 35 minutes to get inside, and another 7 minutes to board the ride. We enjoyed the ride. For dinner we had reservations at Lamplight. We sat downstairs, outside in one of the couch tables. Donuts were heavenly, as always. At some point we went to Disneyland and went to our reservation at Oga’s Cantina. We were given a spot at one of the large booth with 7-10 other people. We said hello to that table and walked around then left. Our daughter is 9,therefore not vaccinated, and we had no desire to sit with strangers with masks off, having drinks. We enjoyed the fireworks show from Main Street before heading out for the night.

Wednesday was our “break” day and we went to Storytellers for breakfast and Soak City afterwards (fun!). Storytellers was fun, but not like they were before. The characters do not stop (we knew this), and if you want a picture, you take it fast before they move past you!

I tried to get boarding passes for Webslingers but the app decided that I needed to reset my password, so I missed my chance. Two other times that day it required me to put in a code that they emailed me, so I missed my chance at noon too. Very frustrating! We made it for rope drop but was faced with a 75 minute wait for Racers again. We tried to walk up to order a churro at the Cozy Cone, and even though there was no line, she told us we had to mobile order. We ate them at Flo’s and they have water that you can serve yourself inside. It was nice. I mobile ordered lunch from Pizza Planet and at 1pm we hopped to Disneyland and rode Buzz Lightyear before we picked up the food. We rode Autopia after lunch and then decided to cool down back at the hotel. Standing in lines outside (we kept our masks on too), is hot! After a break we went back to Disneyland and rode The Jungle Cruise. We went in reverse a few times just before reaching the dock. The boat behind us hit a boat that did not know they were going in reverse. One boat had to go backwards through the backside of water, which I thought was pretty entertaining. The line was about 15 minutes, even though it said it was longer. We had dinner at Cafe Orleans. Always our favorite.

Friday was our last day and we had breakfast at Panera. It took them 19 minutes to get us our food. :( We missed rope drop, but we went straight for Fantasy Land and hit a few of those rides. We then went to ToonTown and rode around the park on the train. At 11 we headed to Galaxy's Edge because we promised our daughter that she could build a droid. There are two lines, one for reservations, one for walk-ins. No one was in line, and it was pretty quiet in there, so we built one right away. It was a cute experience. Afterwards we had reservations at Club 33. Amazing food and drinks, and I needed a nap after it all. :) Spent too much money on food and souvenirs. Haha! After a break we went to DCA to go on Webslingers. This time it took us 1 hour to get inside, but at least it was not as hot! We had dinner at Pym’s Kitchen. There were no tables so we ended up eating at the tables outside the Hyperion Theater. It was shaded and quiet, very nice. We tried the Pym-ini and my daughter had the PB&J plate. All good food. We did not mobile order and we ended up with our food before the mobile order time would have been ready.

We were last at the parks on opening day, so this was a much different experience. It was much busier, and without Fast/MaxPass, it was not as enjoyable. We never got to ride Racers either. We saw a few families taking their masks off as soon as a cast member would not see them on indoor rides. On Smugglers Run there was no one inside monitoring the lines, so many people has their masks off, or under their nose. During Soarin 3 announcements were made during the ride to keep their masks on. On the 3rd time the CM specifically called our row 3 to mask up! Many people do not wear them outside, which is not required, but we kept ours on outside in lines because people were practically breathing down your necks. We did most of the rides that we wanted to do and we were glad we had a few reservations for meals. We are contemplating the Magic Key (we had APs for 5 years), but we also want to wait to hear more early adopters. At this point we don’t know if we will go back before November.View attachment 596777View attachment 596778
Thanks for this honest review! The Camelot looks nice...great room. You have convinced me not to return to Disneyland until MaxPass is reintroduced. I am waiting for Early Entry at the Disneyland Resort Hotels to return and Magic Morning tickets as well as daily housekeeping at the Disneyland Resort hotels. Think I might be waiting awhile!!

Thank you for the detailed review. We also have an unvaccinated child so it’s helpful for us to know what to expect. Thanks!

No backpack, but they did have ears. We all got masks. My daughter got the Minnie and Mickey, and I got a mug. We also bought the 2019 Christmas ornament and a tiki pin. Sorry the photos are sideways! 596939596940

We were there Aug 1-4. Tuesday was awful at DCA. We started at DCA and didn't get around to riding Guardians that days bc it was 90 mins from practically the start of the day. I mistakenly thought the wait would drop in the evening but it think it went even higher!

We wore our masks the majority of the time. For the most part, everyone seemed to follow the indoor masking rule.

We were there Aug 1-4. Tuesday was awful at DCA. We started at DCA and didn't get around to riding Guardians that days bc it was 90 mins from practically the start of the day. I mistakenly thought the wait would drop in the evening but it think it went even higher!

We wore our masks the majority of the time. For the most part, everyone seemed to follow the indoor masking rule.

Yeah, Tuesday was bad. It was one of the cheapest ticket days, which I think was part of the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter