augost weather

nic589

Earning My Ears
:confused: Hello, I have been checking the weather channel for the past month monitoring how it will be in august. I know it will be hot but I wonder about the thunder showers? :rolleyes: Is it going to rain all day or part of the day or for 10 minutes then stop for the rest of the day? I wanna would like an idea we are leaving on monday 8/2-8/11, I was wondering if I should buy alot of those .99 ponchos or will I even need them. Any info would be helpful. :wave2:

thanx jeff :teeth:

We are leaving for WDW TOMORROW!!!!!:bounce:

When we went in August 2002, it seemed to rain a bit every afternoon. Those Disney ponchos were just too bulky to carry around, they NEVER fold up the way they came:hyper:

So, this year I went to Walmart and bought a whole bunch of the 87cent ponchos, figure we'll each have one in our fanny packs, if it rains use, then chuck it!! Or see how they fold up, since they are a lot thinner!

Have a Great Time!

We went last year July 23-30 and it mainly rained in the late afternoon and it seemed to last 2-4hours(longer than what I expected) From what I have been reading this year the rain has not been lasting as long, I know the mornings were usually clear skies and there was just one night when we got rained out.
If others have a different opinion or know more about it I hope they will write in, because we are leaving in a few days ourselves, rain or shine we look forward to our WDW vacation!::yes::
:sunny: :wave: Have a good trip!

Well, we were there mid-August last year and planned on thunder showers every day. Yep, we had 'em but they lasted from 3 pm until late evening!! And they sure as heck weren't showers. More like torrential downpours. We were walking in 3" puddles at times. But, we had our ponchos so we kept on trekking. If it does thunder/lightning then the outdoor water rides are shut down. So, go prepared. I prefer the Mickey ponchos but my dh likes the disposeable .89 ones. They're too tight and clammy for me. Whatever you choose, be sure to carry them with you 24/7!!!! We didn't and we now own 3 sets of Mickey ponchos!!! Oh and by the way....we are going back in two weeks, so I guess it wasn't tooooo bad last year!!

We have gone the last week of August 4 times in the last five years and are going this August. With the exception of last year (2003) rain was scarce. We got so used to the lack of rain we didn't bring our ponchos last year and had to buy new ones. I wouldn't be too concerned about he rain.

We always go in the last week of August. I had the last two years we went written in my passporter. In 2001 we had rain only 1 day that was only for about an hour. In 2002 DH and I went to Epcot around 6:30 p.m. and by 7:45 p.m. we got caught in a huge t-storm with lightning etc...and had to run into a shop in Norway to buy a rain ponch. We got drenched and the storm lasted the rest of the night. There was also an afternoon shower for about 2 hours when we went to Cocoa Beach. Me and DH are about waist deep in ocean water when it got super dark and a bolt of lightning flashed in the sky...this prompted DH to say "do you think we should get out of the water?" DUH!

Other than those few times, nothing stopped our fun.

But do you think we should've got out of the water? LOL

We've gone the last 3 years in August. You'll definitely need ponchos for the late afternoon showers that usually last for about an hour. Last year it rained so much in August that we had to wear flip flops every day because all of our shoes and sneakers were soaked! At least it was warm! If you buy the ponchos at WDW for $5 each (that was the price last summer) and they rip, you can bring them to any store in WDW and they will replace them for you - no charge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter