• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AUGH!!! I missed the deal I was waiting for.

goNsoon2WDW

DIS Veteran
I am so frustrated! :headache:

FINALLY I found a flight to MCO for $84 each. This was just what I needed! I was thrilled!

Unfortunately, as I was going through the process of changing our flight information (we had a previous flight booked at a higher rate that I was changing to the lower fare) and ran into an error message. We have been having spotty internet outages and think this is what ended up happening. Anyway, after trying for 20 minutes, I finally decided to call Southwest Airlines to see if they could help. I got through at 4:03 pm.

The rep was very nice, but said that the fare was no longer available and that I could book for $129 each. I kept trying to explain that I had the screen and could see the $84 flight and that I had even put it in my shopping cart online. She explained that the flight I was trying to book was now $129 and that there was nothing more she could do. Don't get me wrong, she was nice, but just couldn't help.

Long story short - I missed it and boy, am I frustrated!
AUGH!!!!

oh that must be frustrating!! So sorry:sad1:

The agent on the phone generally cannot see the web only fares.... So even though you could see it, she can't!

Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry. I know that the rep was only doing what she could. I can keep hope that the rates will drop again and I can actually get in on it this time.

I was telling my neighbor about this and she said that she thought that the rates were at their lowest on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during the day and that the rate go up in the evenings and weekends. She suggested that I try to keep a look out tomorrow and maybe it will "magically" reappear. :) My fingers are crossed.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry. I know that the rep was only doing what she could. I can keep hope that the rates will drop again and I can actually get in on it this time.

I was telling my neighbor about this and she said that she thought that the rates were at their lowest on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during the day and that the rate go up in the evenings and weekends. She suggested that I try to keep a look out tomorrow and maybe it will "magically" reappear. :) My fingers are crossed.

Would love this SWA "magical rate", though Buffalo doesn't get these often, and Thanksgiving week makes it less a possibility. Waiting for approval on 2bdrm at OKW before I book flights. Direct Air is a definite backup for us, but means I need a car.

I am so frustrated! :headache:

FINALLY I found a flight to MCO for $84 each. This was just what I needed! I was thrilled!

Unfortunately, as I was going through the process of changing our flight information (we had a previous flight booked at a higher rate that I was changing to the lower fare) and ran into an error message. We have been having spotty internet outages and think this is what ended up happening. Anyway, after trying for 20 minutes, I finally decided to call Southwest Airlines to see if they could help. I got through at 4:03 pm.

The rep was very nice, but said that the fare was no longer available and that I could book for $129 each. I kept trying to explain that I had the screen and could see the $84 flight and that I had even put it in my shopping cart online. She explained that the flight I was trying to book was now $129 and that there was nothing more she could do. Don't get me wrong, she was nice, but just couldn't help.

Long story short - I missed it and boy, am I frustrated!
AUGH!!!!

The exact same thing happen to me in June, when I was booking my flight. I had them on the phone the tickets in my cart but it wouldn't go through and there is nothing that SW can do on the phone.
So what happen with me was, the tickets were $89.00, I had bought 2 tickets for different party members all went fine, I went to buy 3 for my family and I kept getting and error message, so I called SW. It turned out that even though I had them in my cart the prices were sold out. There were only 2 tickets available at the $89.00 and the rest was $119.00. Once it was cleared that I had to book each ticket separately they sold out. So my family got the $119 fare.

Fast forward, throughout the weeks after I book, I was able to grab the $80 sale and get credits for all our tickets.

Now it brings me to 3 days ago. Flights to come home went down on the last flight out so I change our flight to get the last flight out and use our credits. But I can't use all the credits in one transaction so I call SW and they separate the tickets so I can rebook each ticket separately. Once again I can only get 2 tickets at the now $119. and 3 tickets at the $139 because the sell out again, but we have the credit that's OK.
Reason I am telling you this, the tickets sell out fast and if all your tickets are on one reservations there is a chance that many tickets at the lower price are available. Call SW get each ticket on there own reservations, when the lower price pops up again, you will have a good chance of getting some of your tickets lowered.

In the last 3 days the tickets I bought at $139 I was able to get lowered to the $119 and now we have cerdts again. Which is good, we are going again next yr and I'll use the credits then.

I check SW all day long everyday and it paid off, we got the flights we wanted and have credits to use for our next trip. Money saved this time is less money I need for next time.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter