Aug or Oct

DisneyQueen1320

DIS Veteran
So I'm thinking of our vacation for 2016 and I can't decide what to do.
I love going to DW in Oct for Food and Wine and MNSSHP, but we want to take a 4 night cruise. Since I have school age kids I can't take them out of school for 2 weeks.
So I have two options, I can go in Aug and go to DW for about 9 days with a 4 day cruise or I can go in Oct and only visit DW for about 4 days with a 4 day cruise.
Is it worth it to go in Aug for more park days or should I go in Oct?

Thanks

August is HOT very very Hot -- I love Disney but couldn't wait to leave to go home to normal temps.

If you don't mind heat so much, I would do the longer trip. It's not like October is exactly cool in Florida. But we go in August and limit park time to six to eight hours a day and stay twelve days. The balance of our time is spent at resort pools, shopping, etc.

We go every August. It's hot but if you're prepared for it (water bottles, frogg toggs, pool breaks, ADR breaks in air conditioning) you will be fine. We go for 2 weeks so we can take lots of resort pool breaks and still accomplish a lot. I would always vote with 'more Disney time', even if it's August:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter