• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug. 5th, 2006 - Eastern Magic!!!

mom x4 said:
Hi Ariel and Melissa!!!

Melissa, my grandaughter is 15 and she is coming. Her name is Ana and she is from salem Oregon. She doesnt know about the cruise yet, or I know she would love to get aquainted with you.
If I know that you are going to be at the meet, I will tell her mom and maybe she will get Ana to come too. Ana usually takes off for the teens club and we dont se her the rest of the trip accept at meals. She is always looking for a firends, so I'm sure you two will hit it off. Let me know if your going to be at the meet.

Ariel,
sorry you arnt going to be 13 in time. I have a 12 year old grandson coming along, but I know sometimes guys and gals dont hang put together too much at your age.
I'm sure there will be other girls your age too.
I hope you will come and meet Ana too, she likes to hang around th epools too, so you'll probably see her around the ship even though you wont be in the same club areas.

Well the storm news is a little better today. Looks like it wont really hit here much until after we leave and that means it will be away fromthe island during the time we are suppose to be arrivng there. Maybe we will get lucky!!!

see ya soon, Kathy :wave:
hey its melissa again...

im so totally no sure how to work this ... but ... i would love to meet your grand daughter ana ! i will def. be at the meet wiht my mother father and sister ...!

cant wait til the cruise!

- melis

Melisa,
I will tell Ana's mom that you are going to be at the meet, so she can tell Ana and hopefully she will be there too. Ana doesnt know she is going on this cruise until we actually pull into the port or I know she would e-mail you.
Ana has cruised twice before on DCL, so she does know her way around the ship pretty good.
She is NOT shy, so I am sure you will hit it off ok.

Aerial, I dont know if Andy will be at the meet, but I will tell his mom about meeting you in case you are going to be there too. Andy doesnt know he is going on the cruise either. So I cant mention anything to him until we are actually there to board the ship. I dont want to spoil the surprise for him.
He has done this same cruise once before.

Melissa and Ariel, you will be able to spot Ana and Andy's mom easily at the meet, she has purple hair!!! just go right up and introduce yourselves to her and the kids. They are very friendly and not shy at all. :grouphug:

well the weather report was a little more encouraging tonight. It appears the storm has slowed down some and probably wont get to Florida til the first of the week. So hopwfully we can get on board with no problems. But that also means the storm is hanging out around the islands where we are headed to, so still not sure if we will still get to go to St.Maartin and St. Thomas???

I will continue to keep up on the progress and post what I hear. here in Florida it is all over the news every morning and evening. :thumbsup2

Time is really flying by, see everyone soon, :woohoo:
Kathy :wave:

Hopefully we will see you at the meet.

Robin,
just keep posting a few more times and you should be able to send a PM soon.
I think you only need 10 or 12 posts, but not 100% sure about that. :confused3

Remember for those of you leaving early for the trip we have a 3 p.m. meet in the Promenade lounge on the first day. Dont be shy, please drop by and say Howdy. It wont take long, but it will make it so nice to recognize faces around the ship. :woohoo:

Even those of you who only posted once, please come to the meet. We would still love to meet you!!! :grouphug:

To everyone leaving early - have a safe trip down to Florida. I will still be here in Kansas City sweating it out. I know only 3 more days, but time is not ticking very fast for me. :hourglass

Well Kathy you and I will just keep on chatting until we leave on Friday. Keep me posted on the weather. :)

Help!

We are finishing up packing tonight because we are flying to Orlando tomorrow morning at 0630 and spending two nights at AKL before cruising on Saturday.

But....DS is in bed so sick tonight! Running a fever. I know he's sick because he wanted to go to bed. Says his head hurts...I sure hope he sleeps this off whatever it is...otherwise I don't know what we're going to do.

We did buy trip cancellation insurance...has anyone ever had to use it before and cancel a trip at the last minute?

Tiffany

Tiffany,
How is your son this morning???
If hes a little better , maybe you could go to AK and just let him rest in the room, then decide if your going to cancel. 2 days can make a world of difference, especially with kids.
I will keep my fingers crossed, send pixie dust and say a little prayer for you that he will get all better ASAP!!!
Let me know how it's going today.
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hi Mary,
well most have gone already, just a few of us are left here today.
At least it looks like the storm will pass us by in Florida, just a rainy, blustery day when it finally gets here. Problem will still be if it will of cleard up enough for us to safely be able to get to the islands or if we will have a change of destination?? guess we wont know that til we go.
only 2 days left :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Katht :wave:

Well, I'm still here... for now. We leave tonight around 8pm. We can't wait to meet everyone. The kids are sooo excited, they have summer camp today and then we'll pack up and leave.

We will be at the port early too, so I will look for everyone. Do you know what time they let you wait across the street to park? I remember last year we got there really early (around 9am) and they told us to come back at 10am. Well when we got back at about 9:50am they told us to wait with everyone else across the street (there were quite a few people already there). If I had known I could wait, I would have just stayed (we may have been 1st). So does anyone know?

Well, off to get ready for the day and check on the weather. I really don't mind if we go to different ports or none at all. I just like being on the ship. We could sail 3 1/2 days out and turn around and come back and I would be fine with it. No use worrying about something that is out of my control.

I'll try to post again later.

Bye for now.

Gretchen

I have not been good about keeping up with this thread on a regular basis, but have greatly enjoyed catching up the last couple of days! :confused3 :wave2:

Was a little nervous about Chris, but am feeling better now the path seems to be heading more due west. :cool1:

My DS(7) is so excited about our trip. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the promenade :grouphug: -- will also be in lime green (a matched set, so to speak!) :cloud9: We leave at 7 am on Friday morning, will be hanging out in Cocoa Beach until time to get on the boat! :Pinkbounc

Hey, VA Girl, what part of VA are you from? We are in the Richmond suburbs, Mechanicsville- Looking forward to some ocean breezes instead of this oppressive heat wave. :dance3:

See ya Saturday!!!! :wave2:

I will be looking for lime green shirts!!!! :thumbsup2
Marcie is going to be wearing a green shirt too.

I will have on a bright pink shirt, but like i said earlier look for the lady with purple hair and I will be close by since that is Marie my daughter. Campcoach on this thread. Come by and say hello if you see us in the terminal. :banana:
I have printed off the pictures that were posted and I will bring them with me so maybe I can recognise some of you guys. ;)

we will be there from 10 to 10:30. :cloud9:
I dont know what time they will let you wait across the street. We have never been there that early.

2 days left :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I will finish packing tomarrow morning then we are off early saturday!! :drive:
Then it's time to party: :rockband: :dancer: party:

see you all soon,

Question for anyone who hasn't left yet....can men wears shorts to the restaurants on cruise casual nights??? Can we bring a travel iron to use in the room? Very happy that Chris will not be bothering us!! :cool1:

They ask for NO shorts or tank tops in the restaurants. Although I have seen a couple of people wearing them, but they did look out of place. My DH just wears a pair of dockers or khaki's. He would love to wear shorts, but he would feel out of place , so he wears the next easiest thing.
DH usually wears a disney tropical shirt too.
They do not like for you to have irons in the rooms, due to fire hazards. Only one plug in besides the bathroom, so it would be awkward to use anyway.
There are 3 laundry rooms where there is an iron you can use for free.
But the 2 hours before dinner starts there will be a line, so do this early or very late at night to save time.
Also you can send out things to be pressed. Not sure of the costs, but it wasnt much.

Tiffany,
how is your son?? :confused3
If I dont hear from you I will figure you are at AK and all is well!! :goodvibes

So I hope I dont hear from you.

well my final day at work for 2 weeks !! :thumbsup2

Now that I am all packed I need to get DH on to his packing. I told him that I am going with or without him. I can celebrate my anniversary by myself if I have to.

I am looking so forward to meeting everyone. I will be wearing a pink halter sundress and flip flops. We will be the few with no children in tow. :teeth: I am going to miss DS but he is going to have so much fun at grandma's.

Kathy- Do the grandkids know anything yet? I don't know how you and Marie can do it. I would be so giddie inside. ;)

Hi everyone.

I finished packing tonight except for the stuff we need to get ready. The house is sparkling...so now all that's left is pedicures and saying goodbye to grandma. Tomorrow should be an easy day. Hopefully it goes by fast.

I'll be in a light pink polo. My daughter will have on a fuschia top and my hubby is wearing a blue t-shirt. (I know...how original :rotfl: We'll just be sooooo easy to spot! :rolleyes: )

Oh...I just remembered...important question...

WHAT DO I PUT FOR DATE OF ARRIVAL AND LENGTH OF STAY ON THE BAHAMA FORM? Do I put Tuesday on there b/c that's when we reach St. Maarten? Or do I just cover the whole cruise?

Hey...thanks for all your help the last few months helping me prepare. I'll see you all soon!

Leslie

we didn't fill out our date of arrival on our Bahama form either we will ask them when we give them our forms what they want. Suitcases packed. House somewhat clean, leave for Cleveland tomorrow about 4pm. Leave for Orlando Saturday. See everyone at the meet. We wish safe travels too all!!
Later Sue

Hey Kathy, how is the storms looking? Looking at the weather channel the storm looks like it is moving west and hopefully out of the way of us. What are your local channels yapping about?

David finally got done packing! Ok maybe with much encouragement from me. :thumbsup2 He is already off to work (5:30am) so that he can be home early so we can actually make our flight. Last time we went to Las Vegas we barely made the flight along with our luggage. I told him that I am not playing that game anymore!!

I am sure I will chat with all the remaining sailors again today. See ya! :wave:

Good morning to all who are left. Probably just me and Mary today!!

The storm is down to a few wind gusts and some rain. looks like it will miss Florida all together. Maybe a few showers in the keys, but nothing to effect us.
Now I will hope for no afternoon thunderstorms during the sailaway party. I hate it when they have to move it indoors. They go to the atrium and there is no room for dancing or yelling. a few kids get on the steps to the restaurant and dance with CM's. I guess it is better than nothing, but just not the same. I am spoiled I guess.

Yes, it is still a secret. :thumbsup2 The grandkids think we are heading to Cocoa beach early in the morning tomarrow. DH has our grandson all excited thinking there is a worm farm with giant worms from Boliva and 20 pound bull frogs to see at the coast.
so then I tell GD that we will go shopping at the gift shops while the guys do the worms and frogs. She is 15 and worms and bull frog are not fun for her.
Of course there is no such thing and we are not going to the coast.
I told DH not to get Andy too excited or he may be disappointed that he is not going to see the giant worms and frogs!!! :rolleyes1

To keep the fun going, after they realise we are going on the cruise, DH is going to tell them, Yes we are going on a 3 day cruise to Nassau because you havnt been there yet. Then we will see how long it takes them to realise it is a 7 day cruise!! They may never believe their grandparents again!! :rotfl2:
Today when I sneak upstairs and do some packing it will get really hard NOT to give it away.
looking forward to meeting everyone tomarrow!!

who is still out there today??? :confused3
or am I all alone???

:cheer2: :cool1: :Pinkbounc
Hi Kathy, You are not alone. We are tying up lose ends and will be leaving tonight for Cleveland. Getting so excited. I will be wearing a yellow shirt and green shorts for the meet.
See you there
Have a safe trip to you and to all others soon to be traveling.
Later Sue

Kathy,

I'm still here! We don't leave for Orlando until tomorrow morning. We have an early, direct flight...so I'm not too worried about the timing.

I would have LOVED to have grandparents like you! :) What fun they will have! That is so exciting. You're right, they may never believe you guys again! Of course...the other down-side to that is one day you'll simply be asking them to go to Walmart with you...and they'll secretly think you're taking them to Disneyland! :rotfl:

We had this computer desktop counter on the computer for months. (This program is so cool. The counter is small and stays in the corner...but it always stays on top of all of the open Windows. I customized it for the Disney Cruise...sorry, got on a tangent). Anyhow, I remember when it said 100 days...and now it says 23 hours. I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to explain to my DD why it says 0 days and yet we're not on an airplane!

Well, I'm gonna get in gear and finish up my loose ends. I'll check back in later. :wave:

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter