• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug. 5th, 2006 - Eastern Magic!!!

I am going crazy...got got my mail...still no documents!!! I can't stand it any longer!! We have definitely started to pack. My DH wants to know if they play a lot of carribbean music on board during the day?? pirate:

gloriam22 said:
I am going crazy...got got my mail...still no documents!!! I can't stand it any longer!! We have definitely started to pack. My DH wants to know if they play a lot of carribbean music on board during the day?? pirate:

Absolutely...there is a steel drum band that plays at the Family pool. That's where I always hung out during the day even without kids. Not sure if I can do that w/ our small child this year. But hey, while she and daddy are napping...that's where I'll be. Rob's not much for laying in the sun. He usually hangs on Deck 4 or I'll pop in the room and find him napping. Tsk...Tsk! He's like..."what about the baby and her nap?" I had to remind him that he usually took a nap every day too. BORING!!!

As far as Pirate Night. We will be at PALO that night, BUT it's at 6 and we have late seating, so we'll pick Ava up at Flounder's then head to dinner. Huh??? Are we crazy? She will get a kick out of it, and we'll just hang out for dinner and have a drink or something. Leslie, will you be back for late seating even? Maybe you can ask your server or head waiter the night before if you can go to late seating. There are usually extra tables available. I have on occasion seen some stray people at late seating that I hadn't seen before. I'm sure they'll work something out. Remember...you are on a DISNEY cruise. They bend over backwards to make you happy.

O.k. I have a question...I know this is the Disney Cruise, BUT
WHO ARE THE PARTIERS????

I don't get too crazy, but will have a drink of the day or two, and a couple of beers. Robert might have a beer or drink of the day, but that's it. He'll have daddy duty or be the designated parent for the day!! On 6 cruises, I've really ever only been really tipsy once, and that was at Captains night on RCCL w/ friends.

We will definitely be drinking, mostly at night in the clubs. I don't like beer at all but I love tropical drinks. They have this drink on the ship called BBC and I will have one ASAP LOL. I've missed that drink. My DD is 12 and will probably in the lab while I'm drinking. So, yea we will get a bit tipsy!!!! Want to join us????

Okay Tara you really got me excited about the cruise now!!! Even if I won't have my docs until next week. We've been looking into getting this connector for my IPOD today that let's you transfer pictures straight from your camera to your IPOD. That would save us having to bring the laptop. Anyone have any experience with this?

Oh, Marcie, that's a great idea. I wonder if we can do that. Rob is bringing his ipod that shows videos and he has a bunch of pics on it that he downloaded from the computer so that Ava will have something to keep her occupied. I'm sure we can do that too somehow. I was getting ready to buy a memory card. Woohoo, I'll have someone to whoop it up w/!!

First...Tara....GREAT IDEA about asking for late seating! We'll be getting back from the Dolphin excursion too late to make dinner. Hopefully they can accomodate us. You're right...they should bend over backwards to help us if they can!! pirate:

Second...the iPod connector...that is brilliant. We were heading out tonight to buy another memory card (maybe two?). I thought I would bring a memory stick. Will they let you hook your cameras up to the computers in the internet cafe? Probably not. I thought I could transfer pics if I got desperate. Please post if you get the connector and it works!

I ordered a waterproof eyebrow pencil and it finally came today. That was ALMOST as important as getting my docs. :woohoo: Hehe. My daughter said, "Mom, is that why you don't swim much...b/c you don't want to mess your eyebrows up?" Too funny. :laughing: I'm a sunbather, but not too much of a swimmer.

We're not big drinkers...my hubby is a health nut! But since this is vacation...:idea:

Have a good weekend!

Leslie

Actually we aren't big drinkers either. Usually one or two and I'm good. But, it is vacation. hehe. Maybe I will have 3. :rotfl2: Doesn't take much to get me tipsy anyway.

Happy Friday Ladies!!!

Well, this is my first cruise, and I'm a little nervous about the seasick thing. So I'm going to keep my drinking at bay until I'm sure I've got nice strong sealegs. But even after that - I'll enjoy just a drink or two -- of mixed drinks. More if I'm drinking wine. I don't care for beer.

I have an iPod Nano that's almost at max with the number of songs I have on there. I was just going to buy another memory card for my camera, as I don't want to have to bring my laptop on board as well.

Pulled out the luggage. Going to pick up the cocktail dress from the cleaners today. Yes. I'm SO ready.

Well my husband and I have been known to partake in a drink or ten :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 (Did I say ten!!!) Just kidding but we are very social by nature and like to have a few drinks. This is the first cruise that both of our children will be able to go to the kids club, so we would like to try out a few of the bars in the evening or maybe just relax at the adult pool in the hot tub. Anyone else up for a drink or two with us, we would love it. The more the merrier :grouphug:.

We are going to do the Wine Tasting and the Beer Tasting. Is there anyone else that was thinking of doing one or both of these??

Gretchen

I'll join ya Gretchen. The Margarita tasting scares me. I haven't had a shot of Tequila since Oct. 30, 1985!!! Yes, I remember the date for a reason!! :headache: :faint: :eek: :upsidedow I drink margaritas, but I read this is more of a tequila tasting. I've never done the wine tasting onboard since Rob would never join me. Not much of a wine drinker, but I'll try it. I know my limits w/ beer so that's why I stick to that. As far as the seasickness goes, you should be fine unless we hit some Tropical Storm weather. We were on RCCL in Jan '04, and that was pretty rough and it still wasn't bad. They have huge stabilizers that keep the boat pretty steady. There are quite a few people I know who have gone deep sea fishing and were sick and they say they would never cruise because of it. Completely different. Although I don't get carsick or seasick, so it really doesn't affect me. I was even 12 weeks preg on the last cruise and felt better than ever.

Gonna be fun!

Tara

Tara -

I know what you mean about the tequila. I am the exact same way with vodka and actually, I can't even drink orange juice because of an "episode" in 1990. I heard the same thing about the Margarita tasting and I'm not crazy about tequila, so I was going to pass on that tasting.

I actually wasn't the one with the seasickness worries but it's funny because we took a RCCL cruise in September of 2003 and hit the tail end of a hurricane and it was the first and last time I have ever been seasick. It really took me by surprise but was over quickly. Unfortunately, it was on the big midnight buffet night and I was standing in line to get food to bring back to the room for my husband and me and I barely came back with anything because I felt so sick. He asked me if they ran out of food. :rotfl2:

I think we need to sign up for the wine tasting on the first day at guest services.

Talk with you soon.

Gretchen

I want to do the wine tasting and the martini tasting. I don't have a taste for tequila anymore, too much drinking that in my younger years. Now I stick with Rum. I'm up for some drinking with y'all. :drinking1

OK . . . the seasick stories have freaked me out a bit. Let me try to regain my composure.

*****Pause*****

I had no idea about the "tastings". I'd LOVE to do the wine tasting. I love wine. The martini tasting interests me big time as well. I'm a wine and vodka kinda girl -- moreso wine than vodka these days. Me and the tequilla, yeah - we don't get along. I never had a bad episode, but there was a point where I used to always do tequilla shots and seemingly became immune to its affect. The night I did 15 shots (at 23) and felt nothing was the night I was through with tequilla. I typically stay away from dark liquor anyway. So you have to register for the tastings? Please share some info on that.

So - being new and all - I was behind in trying to book Palo and before I knew it, they were fully booked. Any chance we'll be able to get a reservation once onboard?

Ok - back to work. Still working on this mid-term and research for my term paper. It'll be a long night. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Stephani

Stephani, you shouldn't have any problems booking Palo as long as you go directly there when you get on the ship. They keep some openings for people who do not have the internet.

The tastings will be in the navigators, I don't think you have to sign up ahead of time, although I've never been to one. But I'm hoping to go this time.

As for seasickness, we take a bonine every night starting the night before we get on the ship. So far so good.

Well I know that DH and myself will be having a few drinks (ok more than a few) but you get the idea. I would love to go to the clubs with you guys. It is only DH and myself so it would be great to go with others to the clubs at night. On the last cruise we had a great time in the clubs.

I think DH and I are going to meet the Pubmaster and then maybe the beer tasting. We like beer and somehow I don't really enjoy wine that well. I heard the margarita/tequila tasting is not very good and not many people recommend it here on DIS so we are skipping that one. I love martini's -the old saying though is true to me though ( one martini, two martini, three martini --floor). But there is nothing like a good caramel apple martini!! :banana:

Well I need to get my dress fitted today. I put it on and well lets just say it is a bit too big. My mother did not grace me with a big chest and unfortually how the back is open I don't think any bra can help me :sad:

Well everyone talk to you later!

Chocolate covered strawberry martini is yummy. Last time that was our fun thing to do in the evenings around 9:30 or ten we headed for the clubs. My DH actually won the John Travolta contest. I don't care to be picked for anything but he doesn't seem to have any problems with that. :rotfl2: I am also looking forward to catching the adult cabaraet shows. So we are defintely game to party it up with all of you. :goodvibes Maybe we can give DIS a good name.

Well... martinis and bloody Marys. My husband always says, "You want to like them, but you just don't." I just can't take 'em. I guess it's the vodka. So I'll probably skip the martini tasting too. I'm also pretty frugal, so I don't spend alot on alcohol on the ship. Although we are trying for another baby...I'm happy this month that I am not pregnant. I was on our last cruise so I have to catch up on all those drinks of the day. We also went to some early morning cooking class and was VERY surprised that they brought out wine for a mini wine tasting. I'll admit, I took 1 sip and it was yummy. Rob finished the rest, but it was good stuff. I'm not much of a wine drinker either. I don't do shots of anything anymore, and Stephani 15 shots of Tequila! Yikes! I'd be dead. We'll hit the clubs one night, at least. The trouble is, Ava will probably be up early whether mommy feels like getting up or not. So I can't go overboard. Although she's a pretty good sleeper and sleeps until at least 9. I'm sure she be exhausted on the cruise and be asleep fairly early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter