• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug. 5th, 2006 - Eastern Magic!!!

:surfweb: When I was reading the pass porter book. It made a reference to some of the dinners are themed. Besides the Pirates night is there any other type of outfits we should be taking. I am not talking about formal night, but is there anything else I am forgetting because I don't know about. Any help welcome.
Thanks Sue :wave2:

Pirate night and formal night are the only suggested dress nights. The other nights are considered casual dress. By themed I think they are referring to the menus. Each night the menu has a different theme, cant remember what they were on the Eastern, But your style of dress only changed on formal night and pirate night. So I'm sure your clothes will be just fine.

Kathy :wave:

well we are starting on another week, soon it will be over and we will be that much closer to our cruise :woohoo:

I need to get my door signs done. One will be a pirate theme, not sure about the other one.
Anyone here working on door signs?? What did you do for yours??

Have a great day everyone,

I also need to get a move on with my door signs. I am thinking of reusing some that I made for our April cruise. I just need one for formal night.

I just picked up my dry cleaning for the cruise. At least I have one thing done on my list. It is one week closer to the cruise. I am getting excited about my chocolate suffle at Palo (even though I have the recipe for it, but it is always better when someone else prepares it for you. :love: )

I need to start scrapbooking from our last cruise. I keep saying that to myself and then I don't do it. I must!!!

Well off to go clean this house, I will talk to you guys later. :wave:

Happy Monday!

I worked on my very first door sign this weekend. I printed it perfectly (after 2 tries) on magnetic paper and hung it proudly on the fridge. Not 2 minutes later, my DH gets out a can of Coke, pops open the tab, and sprays the sign! :eek:

Now it's dripping. He tells me it looks like I meant for that to happen. :rolleyes:

Oh well...I have one more sheet left. This time I'll keep it sealed!

I tried to post it...but Disboards says I don't have the minimum number of postings to include a url??? How many do I need?

Leslie

I've made 3 signs and I'm going to make mickey heads. We've decided to make a bunch of extra mickey heads to give at kids looking at our signs. Last year they wanted our mickey heads. Then we are making one with each of our names on it. I haven't printed any yet. One sign I used a sunset picture that I took on the Wonder, One is a pretty mickey head I found, and a pirate one. I may still do one for formal night. We have to bring a few of my DH's things to the cleaners. Next weekend I am bringing my DD shopping to get her last few things. OMG it is close now. :Pinkbounc :banana:

gloriam22 said:
Sorry, but please explain a little more about the door signs. What does everyone recommend for first disney cruise?

Gloria, look on page 2 of this thread I posted a picture of my door on the Wonder. It was my first cruise. Most people do one just saying the name of the ship the date, things like that. Then maybe a pirate one for pirate night, a formal one for formal night. It's just a fun way to be creative and keep us busy before the cruise, plue be able to spot your door easier. You can get the magnetic sheets at Wal-Mart they go right through your printer. I hope I helped some.

:badpc: :badpc:
Had trouble logging in to note --
Comments
:sunny: Heat - well we live in Phoenix, AZ where the temps are over 100 every day. Yes you can cook an egg on the pavement. :rotfl2:
Pets - :dogdance: we have a Standard Poodle who just turned 1 year -- Our last one past away at 14 years old. This one is just not the same as the last one. He has been in the Dr's office way too much. Had my dtr's sock removed from his stomach in May. He eats them like candy.
((tried to add picture but did not work))
FRONT page - maybe put the room number on the first page too. & the meeting time & place for first day.

Plans: We are coming to WDW in the 2nd -- staying at the Poly (this was a hard decision) I really wanted to stay on the monorail system as to not rent a car) GF was only $150 more - & contemporary was much less expensive - :confused3 ) Chose Poly per they have a kids club & great theme. My dtr can pretend she is Lilo.
Cruise - planned Palo for Thursday night -- hope that is not the pirate night. was able to get a bunch & tea also.. Planned an Eco tour for CC. I have always want to ride a jet ski.

Did I read someone else has a girls 4 & 6 coming??

What is a Navigator? Is it sometype of listing of activities to do on the ship??
Does someone have the Limo number for scheduling ride to port?? Sp wants to get there very early.

Marcie -- :worship: You have done such a great job keeping this going!!! Thank you!!!!
Hope to meet you on the trip 3PM

We are on the 8/5 Magic but this is the first time I have posted. We have taken our older Grandchildren on 6 other cruises, but this will be the first time their 5 year old sister is coming along. Since there is a great age difference, brother is 12 and sister is 11 she will be alone in the clubs. She is really looking forward to the cruise, has watched the vidoe and has been told a lot. If anyone sees a little girl with long dark brown hair and big brown eyes looking lost in the clubs please have your child give her a smile. I will be with her the first night, since I have heard the rules have changed. Getting excited, not too many days to go!

azrealtor said:
:badpc: :badpc:
Had trouble logging in to note --
Comments
:sunny: Heat - well we live in Phoenix, AZ where the temps are over 100 every day. Yes you can cook an egg on the pavement. :rotfl2:
Pets - :dogdance: we have a Standard Poodle who just turned 1 year -- Our last one past away at 14 years old. This one is just not the same as the last one. He has been in the Dr's office way too much. Had my dtr's sock removed from his stomach in May. He eats them like candy.
((tried to add picture but did not work))
FRONT page - maybe put the room number on the first page too. & the meeting time & place for first day.

Plans: We are coming to WDW in the 2nd -- staying at the Poly (this was a hard decision) I really wanted to stay on the monorail system as to not rent a car) GF was only $150 more - & contemporary was much less expensive - :confused3 ) Chose Poly per they have a kids club & great theme. My dtr can pretend she is Lilo.
Cruise - planned Palo for Thursday night -- hope that is not the pirate night. was able to get a bunch & tea also.. Planned an Eco tour for CC. I have always want to ride a jet ski.

Did I read someone else has a girls 4 & 6 coming??

What is a Navigator? Is it sometype of listing of activities to do on the ship??
Does someone have the Limo number for scheduling ride to port?? Sp wants to get there very early.

Marcie -- :worship: You have done such a great job keeping this going!!! Thank you!!!!
Hope to meet you on the trip 3PM

My goodness, your dog swallows socks? We had a toy poodle growing up. We got her when I was about 10 and she was still alive when I had my DD at 23. I miss her.

We are arriving at WDW on the 2nd too, we'll be at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I have put room numbers of the people I know. If anyone else wants their room number posted please let me know. I also added the meet to the first page. Thanks for the input. Any and all is welcome. :goodvibes

You will get a Navigator everyday, it's a schedule of all the days events. I'm not sure of the limo number off hand, I will look around and see.

I'm glad you was able to post again. :goodvibes

markey said:
We are on the 8/5 Magic but this is the first time I have posted. We have taken our older Grandchildren on 6 other cruises, but this will be the first time their 5 year old sister is coming along. Since there is a great age difference, brother is 12 and sister is 11 she will be alone in the clubs. She is really looking forward to the cruise, has watched the vidoe and has been told a lot. If anyone sees a little girl with long dark brown hair and big brown eyes looking lost in the clubs please have your child give her a smile. I will be with her the first night, since I have heard the rules have changed. Getting excited, not too many days to go!

:welcome: We are having a meet on the ship at 3 p.m. on Saturday at the Promenade Lounge, maybe your grandaughter can meet some of the other kids there. My DD is 12 though. Are you bringing all 3 of the grandkids? I can add you all to the list on the first page. Good to have you on the thread. :wave2:

markey said:

I have two dtrs 4 Claire & Madeleine 6 -
What are the rules??

Yes, we have 2 cabins. My son and DIL with their 9 year old son and our daughters 12 year old son are in one cabin. We will next door with our daughters 5 and 11 year old girls. Can't get our daughter interested in cruising, this will be our son's second cruise on DCL, he went with us last year also. So it will be DH Terry, son and DIL Todd and Michelle, Grandkids Derek (12), Jessie (11), Andy (9) and Rachel (5) and myself Markey.

Welcome Markey and family.

I have a 12 year old grandson coming too, his name is Andy, although he doesnt know he is coming. His sister Ana is 15 and doesnt know about the cruise yet either. Maybe Andy and Derek will get aquainted, I see he is 12 too.

Marcie,
When you are at the Caribbean Beach , if you see a manager in the merchandise area or food area, look for his name. if it says Peter, be sure and say hello!! That will be my #4 child. Of course he isnt a kid, but he is to me. He has very short hair, is 24 years old, wears wire rim glasses is about 6' 1 and weights about 175 I think. His days off change all the time, this week it is thursday and friday, but who knows he may be there when you are??

Our family :grouphug: has certainly been growing lately!! AWESOME!!!
Cant wait to meet everybody!

Kathy, we will be there late Wed night Aug 2nd through Saturday when we leave for the port. That would be neat to meet him. :goodvibes

I will update the first page in a little while.

We are staying in 2530 and 2532....DD is 7 yrs old, and DD is 3 1/2 yrs. old and DS is 10 yrs old! All have been signed up for the clubs. We have reserved Palo for Monday night. I have also requested LAP for dining rotation. :cheer2:

Okay, I've updated the first page. We are doing Palo for dinner on Wednesday and brunch on Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter