Aug. 27th 4 night Wonder Report/Thoughts

Can't believe the coincidences.
We had Herbert as our Server on the 7/30 Wonder and his assistant was finishing and he was saying about moving to Palo. He was wonderful as a server but we were saying to him that Palo would suit him. Glad to hear it does.
Also Lorenzo was OUR stateroom host !!! Wasn't he great and our son had his 8th birthday on boeard too.
Any more ???
Thanks for the great report
Alison

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
What a great trip report. We are going on a four night December 10,2006. We are absolutely beside ourselves. We are going to the parks for four nights before the cruise also. We cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be posting a report shortly of our days in the parks on the other trip reports board if you are interested. Give me a day or two.

misseulalie said:
Did you do the Galley tour? If so, what time was it at?
No, we didn't do that. As it was, we felt very pressed for time to get in what we did do. Hopefully, someday we will get to do this again and we will do different things. I would be very interested in the tour of the bridge. My husband and I both felt that four days on the ship just wasn't enough. I think that if we go again, it will be for 7 or 10 nights.

Hobbitmomma:

We were in the water with you dancing with the dolphins. My DD(13) was the one who got the "special" kiss from the dolphin, aka the water squirt. I have to check my video tape to make sure you were with us, but if the dolphin stuck his tongue out at your husband after he hugged you, then it was us. Too bad I couldn't make the meet-n-greet party on board. Never enough time.
Glad you had fun. We did too. Booked again for next August.

Everything sounds and looks like so much fun. We cant wait!!! I also cant wait to hear your trip report as well. We have been to the parks before but never stayed at the poly. This will be our first time there.

Can you summarise the demarkation talk please?
Is it the bit about the bags being out of the door by 11pm and the mornings routine?
Can we see this on TV instead of going to the talk please?

Donald & Daisy Duck said:
Hobbitmomma:

We were in the water with you dancing with the dolphins. My DD(13) was the one who got the "special" kiss from the dolphin, aka the water squirt. I have to check my video tape to make sure you were with us, but if the dolphin stuck his tongue out at your husband after he hugged you, then it was us. Too bad I couldn't make the meet-n-greet party on board. Never enough time.
Glad you had fun. We did too. Booked again for next August.
OMG yes that was us!! Your daughter was in the polkadot two piece right? My daughter kept hiding behind me and we only got her to touch the dolphin towards the very end. My husband is to the right of me (if you're facing video) and my son is to the left. Oh if we had only thought to introduce ourselves! That was certainly the experience of a lifetime!

Lindy Loo said:
Can you summarise the demarkation talk please?
Is it the bit about the bags being out of the door by 11pm and the mornings routine?
Can we see this on TV instead of going to the talk please?
They do replay the debarkation talk on your stateroom tv so you don't have to attend. Yes, they give you instructions about placing your bags outside the staterooms by 11pm and tagging them and what to do in the morning. It takes about half an hour.

Don't waste your time going to the debarktation talk. It is repeated on tv over and over. Same with the shopping talk prior to going to Nassau.

I think this it probably the best advice I have received. No point wasting an hour of daylight/fun watching it live, when you can turn it on later.

I see that you had planned to do both the sting ray and the parasailing excursions. My kids want to do both as well. Can you tell me what time you scheduled them for, and would that have left time to enjoy beach time at CC as well?

Disney44 said:
I see that you had planned to do both the sting ray and the parasailing excursions.

Was it the Sting Ray, or the snorkeling?? How would you rate the snorkeling on CC? Was there much to see??
Thanks for posting all this :goodvibes I think you would be surprised how many people LOVE :love: reading the reports. We are going on the same cruise in Nov., and the favorite part of my day is when I get to read these boards!!
OH--and for the graduation ceremony - which I hear is not to be missed - I wonder if my 12 year old boy will feel too old for this. Any thoughts?

ColoradoMom!! said:
Was it the Sting Ray, or the snorkeling?? How would you rate the snorkeling on CC? Was there much to see??
Thanks for posting all this :goodvibes I think you would be surprised how many people LOVE :love: reading the reports. We are going on the same cruise in Nov., and the favorite part of my day is when I get to read these boards!!
OH--and for the graduation ceremony - which I hear is not to be missed - I wonder if my 12 year old boy will feel too old for this. Any thoughts?
We went snorkeling at CC. (We didn't do the Stingray excursion) We loved the snorkeling. Now bear in mind that my husband and I have only been snorkeling once before. The kids loved it too. We saw quite a few fish and very colorful ones. I thought it was better than when I went in Cancun. We also did the Dolphin Excursion in Nassau which I highly recommend.
Well, the clubs are for kids up to 12 so I don't see why he would feel funny. There were kids from 3 to 12 on the stage at the ceremony. Why don't you just give him the choice. If he thinks that he's too old for it, than don't do it. They give them grad caps with Mickey ears to wear, so he might feel a little funny about that, but if all of the other kids his age are doing it than there isn't anything to be embarassed about.

Disney44 said:
I see that you had planned to do both the sting ray and the parasailing excursions. My kids want to do both as well. Can you tell me what time you scheduled them for, and would that have left time to enjoy beach time at CC as well?
Well we didn't actually plan to do the stingray excursion. We snorkeled and we did that at 9am. We had scheduled parasailing for 3pm but it got canceled because of Ernesto. So my husband took my son kayaking instead while I took my daughter to the beach. We had to go back to the ship at 2:30 because it started raining.

ColoradoMom!! said:

I was on Hobbitmomma's cruise -- my middle daughter is 11 (will be 12 in October), and loved the Oceaneer's Lab and the graduation (even the Mickey ear graduation hat!). There were definitely 12 year olds on stage for the ceremony.

I've done a lot of snorkeling and thought the family beach snorkle area was a little light on fish to look at (Serenity Bay had better fish, and more of them). However, it is fun to look for all the things Disney has put out there (not only the Mickey, but also plaques with sayings on them, sunken submarine, etc.). Of course since this is a wild environment some days there would be more or less fish to see.

Disney44 said:

We would have had plenty of time if Ernesto did not visit CC
We did the sting ray and then were going jet skiing but Ernesto visited

I can highly recommend Blackbeard's Cay stingray excursion in Nassau. We had a wonderful time there! There's a lovely beach to enjoy as well.

Hi Hobbitmama, love your report! I feel like I was there! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter