Aug. 21, 2004 Eastern Magic check in list

We just booked the 8/21 sailing. Our family went on the Magic Western sailing on August 17,2002, and we thought it was the best family vacation we had ever taken. Our daughter will be 12 and our son will be 10 when we leave. Linda's and my parents will be joining us, too, so we've got 3 cabins and 8 people between us. We are really looking forward to the trip and to meeting some of you on board!

Dan, Linda, Lianne, Eric

Hey dannyb glad you came over to join us!!!

I made door magnets for this past August cruise for all the DIS'ers that gave me there name for our cruise list. I just tweaked this years design to use for August '04. I will have to see about getting more door magnets, the company I bought the last magnets with went out of business. I'm sure I can find another brand. The magnets I made for this year were 3.5" round. I'm going to try Avery and see if they carry this size. I'm attaching a photo below what the door magnets will look like.

8-21-04%20door%20magnet.JPG

I might have to make a few adjustments to the magnet size, I haven't been able to find any 3.5" round magnets on the net.

What a nice thing to do! We will particularly appreciate that, because it is our family tradition to get a refrigerator magnets as vacation souvenirs.

I can't believe the level of discussion on this trip 11 months out - - I'm guessing a lot of us booked w/ DVC at the 11-month window, right?? The rep I spoke w/ said I was her first call of the day this past Monday :jester:

Dan

Great Magnets, Andy!

Welcome aboard Dannyb. Do you know your stateroom number yet? There seems to be a congregation on deck 2.

Can you teel we are all a little bit excited about this? We have decided to not tell our kids until Christmas so this is going to be a long 3 months! HAHA

Originally posted by denise5374
Great Magnets, Andy!

Welcome aboard Dannyb. Do you know your stateroom number yet? There seems to be a congregation on deck 2.

Can you teel we are all a little bit excited about this? We have decided to not tell our kids until Christmas so this is going to be a long 3 months! HAHA

Yes, I can "teel" you are somewhat excited. Good luck keeping the secret until Christmas. Just don't let my wife around your kids. On our cruise last year, there was a couple from the Chicago area that were surprising their 3 kids about the cruise. My wife asked the kids on the way from the Radisson to the port, "Are you excited about going on the cruise?" Up until that point, the cruise had been a surprise for the children. Needless to say, my wife felt about 2 inches tall, the funny thing was, we kept running into this family on the ship. The father is known as "Laundry Man" in my trip report.

We will be in cabin 2118.

Hey...I never claimed to be the greatest typist....Thats why God invented spell-check. HAHAHA

My DH and I haven't told anybody else that we are going, for just that reason, things have a way of "slipping out". Any thoughts on how to tell them?? We were going to put something into a Christmas card but any more creative ideas would be appreciated.

Only 11 months to go!!!!!:p :p

I've heard that people have put their children on a treasure hunt, and at the end of the hunt could have a photo of the Magic being held by Mickey Mouse. How old are your children?

Just an idea.

About the "teel" I had three typos went I sent my last message, you are right, I always use spell check when sending out e-mails. Sure could use spell check here as well, LOL!!!!!!!!!

That's a neat idea with the Treasure hunt....I will give it some thought. My kids are 11 and 7.

I usually re-read my posts before I hit submit but sometimes I forget and hit submit too quickly! LOL

Originally posted by denise5374
That's a neat idea with the Treasure hunt....I will give it some thought. My kids are 11 and 7.

I usually re-read my posts before I hit submit but sometimes I forget and hit submit too quickly! LOL

Been there, done that, LOL!!!!!!!

I really hate it when that happens.....Can be so embarassing! LOL Fortunately not a huge problem for women!!!

Just booked today, my husband and I on points and my daughter, will be 13 then, with cash. Member services said we would get $100 on board credit but we don't know why. Anyone else get this? I am all for it, as long as it is true. Kim

Originally posted by mnmomof1
Just booked today, my husband and I on points and my daughter, will be 13 then, with cash. Member services said we would get $100 on board credit but we don't know why. Anyone else get this? I am all for it, as long as it is true. Kim

Hi There Kim,

So we will be cruising together again I see. Hazel called yesterday, and she wasn't told about any on board credit. You must have hit it big!!! Congrats!!!

I'm feeling kinda left out of the deck 2 DIS party. We are in cabin 8540. Really far from the fun. :( I guess we'll just have to make a few trips down to deck 2.

Is it time yet??
;)

Jennifer

Don't be sad, Jennifer. I am sure we will have many opportunities to interact.:D

Jennifer - my sister and I will be on deck 7 - so don't feel left out!!! Besides, how much time are you going to spend in your cabin - you'll be out having fun!!!! Wish we were leaving tomorrow....

Originally posted by Quirky Cruiser
Jennifer - my sister and I will be on deck 7 - so don't feel left out!!! Besides, how much time are you going to spend in your cabin - you'll be out having fun!!!! Wish we were leaving
tomorrow....

Well, considering that she will be on her HONEYMOON she may be spending a LOT of time in her cabin!!!!!!;)

Woo Hoo - I got one in before BD did!!

(sorry, Jennifer, I just couldn't resist!):p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter