~Aug 2013~ Sew what~We've gotta find a way back-Part II- TR link posted - 8/31

I'm here! Popular girl, you had to start a new thread ;-)

Glad to see you here Marianne (actually first time I "see" you just went through your Photo Journal loved seeing your family, parents, DH & the gorgeous Phalen & Finn :thumbsup2) Think of you often :wave2:

Ruthie

I'll be at AKV Kidani August 16 to 24 then BWV til the 30th. My DH & DS want to try Oak Trail too. I have to read up some more on that. I've got you beat on the ADR front-I have 1 booked.:rotfl: I actually have a few more I want to do just got to plot out my days some.

Hi Loves Dumbo:wave2:

Have you stayed at AKV before? We stayed in a studio there last August and then moved to a 1 bedroom at OKW when my son and his girlfriend arrived. We loved the studio there, it was so well designed..although the bathroom could have used another 200 watts of lighting! :sad2:

I have never stayed at BWV..its never available when we try. I'd love to though. I love the elephants at the pool. My DD10 collects elephants. Although the clown slide is a bit manical! :scared1:

Before we visit Oak Trail, we have to hit the driving range here and practice... last time I played golf... Ronald Reagan was President! :laughing: We got new golf bags for the occasion..our old ones kinda fell apart. but its not how you play that counts...its how fashionable and good you look on the course! ::yes:::teeth: so a new bag and a cute skort and I'm ready!

I started typing these out yesterday, so I could just copy and paste them here this morning.

Tink is beautiful! You've captured her so perfectly. Love the fabrics. Love the Tink Mickey head wallet too!

You are all going to have so much fun tomorrow!

Oh and I say go for red!

Thanks so much Bernadette! I really love how she turned out too.

First of all, whenever in doubt, GO FOR RED!!

LOL - OK, twist my arm.

I am home from all my wanderings finally. Dan took yesterday off and we went to lunch at a favorite restaurant and visited my parents. We had sweet peat (a type of organic mulch) delivered and spent the afternoon spreading that around. And I've got the sore muscles today to prove it!

Yikes! I bet it looks beautiful though!

I absolutely love the fabric for the Tink bag! I'm sure it's even more beautiful in person. You did a wonderful job as usual!

Thanks! I love it too!

Love the photos of the toothless grins. I saw Ruthie talked about a tooth fairly pillow and I've seen one as an in-th-hoop project before. I may get busy and make a few for my grandkids. It's something you actually hang on the outside of the door, making it super easy for the tooth fairy!

I miss those days... I hope you make some for the Grands.

I love the asics rainbow shoes!! If I needed some, I would so get those. So, Erin you are not too old for them, since I'm probably old enough to be your Mom!

I know - I soooo badly want a pair... but I have to pay off the trip first.

Loved the Monsters Inc. onsies!!

They are soooo adorable!

The reason we aren't going to Disney this year is I've been saving for a cruise and would love for it to be a Disney cruise. I'm really tempted to plan a Disney trip for September, but that would mean a longer wait for the cruise. Glad you had a great time ladylyons and thanks for the cute pics!

That would be so wonderful if you could take a cruise! If you can save enough to bring me - I wouldn't mind... :thumbsup2

I have to say I never get tired of eating out while at Disney. There really aren't enough days to try everywhere I'd like to eat as it is. And, D~, I love the comment about "anything Ghirardelli" on your planner! That about sums it up for me as well.

I have that issue too... Sort of. My problem is that I start off eating burgers and fries right away... and then I continue to eat them everywhere - b the 4th or 5th day in, I am so sick of them - but I can't seem to order anything else on the menu... I really need to vary what I order, so by the end of the trip, I am not so sick of eating out.

I know you may not have time to get on tomorrow, what with Mo and Suzi coming, but I wanted to wish the three of you a fabulous and safe time together. Have lots of fun and laughs and post lots of pictures!

Thanks Lois... I have pleanty of time today... Sort of... Suzi and Mo don't fly in until after dinner tonight... I can't believe it's already here!!!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for all the updates. I'm so glad that she will be coming home soon and will be accompanied by her grandfather. What a relief for everyone concerned! Prayers will continue for your niece and for all involved.

Yes, I agree!

I think I am finally caught up. Boy, miss a couple days around here...

So, love the toothless picture. hehe financial advisor in the future?
My Dad had USAA insurance. I was very impressed & tried to get it, BUT... they told me car ins. isn't offered at this time in MA Maybe because EVERY driver has to be insured in MA...good or bad driver.

That sucks! We love our USAA... When we had a tornado come through a few years ago... we had a check in our hands with in a week... I know of many others with other companies who were still waiting months later for their checks. It was at that time I was truly grateful that we had them.

Prayers to all who are struggling in any way.

Cruise - I hate boats. Well, that actually isn't true, I hate not being able to see land. It is a weird phobia. We watched the Disney cruise show also. It looks so appealing, but I just don't think I could handle it. DD however, keeps telling her BF that she HAS to go on a disney cruise some day. I imagine that will be there honeymoon when/if they get married some day.

I don't have that phobia yet... But it wouldn't surprise me if I did some day.

D~ hope you all have a wonderful time together on your MOA trip.
I look forward to meeting up with you on the 21st.

Thank you ! I am super excited!

School bread - yum! any type of bread is delish sounding to me.

Love the headbands!

I know - it looks amazing! Thanks Dee!

Popping over to say I hope you crazy ladies have a GRAND time!!!!

Thanks Oopsi!!! I miss seeing you around soo much... I hope you are well!

Have a great time with Suzi and Mo

Thank you!!! Super excited!

Have a great meet today! Can't wait to read about it!

Thanks! I can't wait!

As a former insurance underwriter...you are partly right. In MA...the insurance is super regulated. No insurance company can make money. Every single company charges the same price...so the only way to get a price break is to belong to a 'group' (well, a bit more complicated than that...but that is it basically!) The state decides what your rate is, not the companies...so that means unless your points are really high, every company has to insure anyone that asks. If your points are really high, then each company has to be part of the pool...and the state doles out the policy to all participating companies.

So if company A has 10% of all policies in the state, then company A has to also insure 10% of all the bad drivers!

It is not so much that everyone is required to have insurance...(most states are that way) but that all companies have to take all insureds...

Off my insurance soapbox now....

Nini

Thank you so much for explaining this Nini - even though I don't live in MA, I find it very interesting how other states regulate things like this.

Thank you for explaining. That is interesting. How do other states handle it? If most states everyone has to have insurance, where to the high risk drivers get it IF not all insurance companies have to provide it to them? Or am I misunderstanding it. Not to hyjack D~s thread, but I find this interesting.

No worries! I find it very interesting...

OK... Now, time to grab the quotes from this new thread. :)

D~

I wouldn't miss it! Have a great MOA meet!

I am here

Whahoo!!!

I'm here! Even if I do have to catch up on Part I still!

LOL

I'm in...we're going at the same time! I will be there August 18-28th at Saratoga Springs Resort.

Here are my ADRS....... ummm...Ok, I have none. My DH absolutely hates being tied down to ADRs..and we had 6 trips in the last 12 months..so we are almost winging it. NUTS!! I know!!

I see you're meeting with Katmark...I followed her TR in the past. I didn't know she was going to be there when I am too. Hi!

Amongst my loose plans, are plans to play golf at Oak Trail. We have PAPs.

YAY!!! Welcome!!! Bummer about no ADRs... I can't do Disney with out ADRs. :scared:

Hi D.,
I'm here I just saved it as one of my favorites
Sheila

Good Grief I am more & more impressed with you ! Company coming tomorrow Concert tonight and STILL you found time to do this ???? When you throw Mo & Suzi out and your email is back 100 % I would really like you to explain how to do all the links like you did WOW

I just copied and pasted eveything... The hardest part was to get all of my "reserved" posts at the beginning before anyone snuck in to post. :thumbsup2

I plan to try to figure out my email a little bit today... I must - I have to print out our confirmation for our hotel this weekend.

and if its okay with you and V and Alli I am SO up for 8/24 Ghiardelli ANYTHING then if you decide you like me IRL (or in 3-D) you'll keep me invited for BB on the 26th

LOL Sounds good - I will keep you updated on Ghiradelli. :thumbsup2

HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH SUZI AND MO can't wait to hear all about it & see pictures

Ruthie

I can't wait to share it all with you!

I'm here. Have a great meet!

I'll be at AKV Kidani August 16 to 24 then BWV til the 30th. My DH & DS want to try Oak Trail too. I have to read up some more on that. I've got you beat on the ADR front-I have 1 booked. I actually have a few more I want to do just got to plot out my days some.

I'm here too! I'm impressed too. I hope you are enjoying the concert! I sort of miss them, but not enough to go over to the school to attend one. Its just not as much fun without one of my kids performing....

The concert was a lot of fun this time... The school just hired a coriographer (sp?) for the last half of the school year, so it was really a fun concert to watch... And our boys choir is always soooo funny - they give them really great songs and their dancing is hilarous... It was a great concert.

Kat update: She is currently in Okinawa, Japan, getting ready to head to Honolulu. My brother will meet up with her there and then fly to Travis AFB and then a commercial air ambulance to Bethesda. Depending on weather, she should be here by Monday at the latest.

Thank the Lord... And thank you for keeping us updated. Praying for a safe flight for her, and she is home as soon as possible.

Thank you for explaining. That is interesting. How do other states handle it? If most states everyone has to have insurance, where to the high risk drivers get it IF not all insurance companies have to provide it to them? Or am I misunderstanding it. Not to hyjack D~s thread, but I find this interesting.

Well, since D~ decided to jump ship and start a part 2 (finally!) I just copied and pasted here above...because I have no clue how to qote from a different thread!

In most states, insurance is handled a bit differently. Each company ask the states to approve their rates. Their rates are based on their OWN experience in that state...so if Company A had very few accidents and pay outs, they would have a lower rate. If company B had terrible drivers, then they would have higher rates. But Company A would not HAVE to take all drivers. They could pick and choose. Company B would take worse drivers...because they were getting higher rates. The really really bad drivers, would go into a pool. Those rates would be set by the state, and all companies would have to have their fair share of the pool.

This is where underwriting comes in...If my company only wanted good drivers of a certain age and all homeowners...we would give them great rates. Since they would be looking for the best rates, they would come to me. I would have a low loss ratio and make money.

If I worked for company B...I would not be so picky, would charge much higher rates (maybe even double) and even though I would not have a great loss ratio, I would still make money!

And THAT is where the actuaries come in...they do the numbers to see where the break even point is.

Neither company would make money with the drivers in the pool. And more importantly, they could not increase their rates for the whole state based on the losses with the pool.

But on a side note...I love the Progressive commercials that offer to give you a rate with various companies...because they can give you a rate...but they can't tell you if you qualify for that rate or not! Companies hold their underwriting criteria very close to their vests...some states require them to be disclosed...but not all!

Nini

I replied to this above, just wanted to make sure you saw that i didn't miss it.

HI! Can't believe you had to start a new thread. You are so chatty!!!!

Hope you guys have a great time at your MoA greet.

Guess who decided to join the party?

Please, PLEASE, PLLLLLEASE! take lots of pics at Be Our Guest for me! Actually, of anything Beauty and the Beast so I can live vicariously until we get to go again.​

BETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy to see you here!!! :grouphug:

I'm here! Popular girl, you had to start a new thread

MARIANNE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to see you on The Dis!!!

Glad to see you here Marianne (actually first time I "see" you just went through your Photo Journal loved seeing your family, parents, DH & the gorgeous Phalen & Finn ) Think of you often

Ruthie

Awww... Isn't she (and her family) just the cutest???

Here too.

Hi Loves Dumbo

Have you stayed at AKV before? We stayed in a studio there last August and then moved to a 1 bedroom at OKW when my son and his girlfriend arrived. We loved the studio there, it was so well designed..although the bathroom could have used another 200 watts of lighting!

I have never stayed at BWV..its never available when we try. I'd love to though. I love the elephants at the pool. My DD10 collects elephants. Although the clown slide is a bit manical!

Before we visit Oak Trail, we have to hit the driving range here and practice... last time I played golf... Ronald Reagan was President! We got new golf bags for the occasion..our old ones kinda fell apart. but its not how you play that counts...its how fashionable and good you look on the course! so a new bag and a cute skort and I'm ready!

ROFL!!! You are totally my kind of golf player... Any sport is that way if you think about it! :rotfl2:

I'm here!! Have a great visit!!!

First of all... WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy you all are here and decided to join me for Part II!!!​

I tried to carry over all of the important information from my first thread, after all - this is just a continuation of that. I am looking forward to doing more trip planning in the final days of the countdown... There are many EPIC things happening in the near future involving this trip, so please stay tuned. :grouphug:

Alli's very last choir concert was last night... They had 2 shows... So I had to run to town at 4:30, come home, then go back at 7 to attend the second show at 8. Josh met me there, because he had to work late, and we drove home at almost 10pm through thunderstorms... It was a little freaky... I really don't enjoy driving in bad weather - whether it's snow or storms.

Those storms brought in heat and humidity... I suspect it will be a rough weekend for Suzi, Mo & I - with out air in my car.

So - today is the BIG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEeeeeek - I am so excited that I can barely contain myself... They will be here in just under 12 hours!!!! Suzi just sent me a PM on FB, telling me that she is just leaving her house and is on her way to the airport! :cheer2:

I still have soooo much do to to prepare for this Dismeet of epic proportions!!!

First on my list - I have to work out this morning...

Then, I need to get in to my sewing room for a few hours - I am very close to finishing my 4th BIG auction bag set! Only one more to go after this! :woohoo:

That should bring me through lunch time.

After lunch...

I have baked beans I need to prep for Saturday's dinner at our house.

I still have a stairway to vacuum... and an upstairs hallway to sweep/dustmop... and a sewing room to tidy up...

I still need to pack...

I still need to print off confimiation emails for our hotel for the weekend...

I still need to shower and get myself ready...

I am SUPER EXCITED!!! I wish all of you could be here! I would be this excited to meet any of you - I promise!!! :grouphug:

I thought I would share a random photo today... It's from the girls' first WDW trip in 2003... I am trying to share ones you haven't seen before. Look at how LITTLE they were... Awww... And that darned water bottle in my fanny pack :-)rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:) - yes, ladies and gentlemen (if there are any here) - I once wore a fanny pack to Disney... Clearly, there was a GENUINE NEED for the designing of a UPB. YOu will see this water bottle/fanny pack combo prominently displayed in every single photo of this trip.

IMG08.jpg

I will try to share pictures of our Dismeet as I can over the next few days... Otherwise - I may be a little scarce around here.

Love & Prayers to all. :grouphug:

D~

I'm checking in. Glad you started your new thread. Can't wait to see the photos and hear about the bargains everyone finds! Have fun!!!!

ETA: Love the 2003 photo. We were there in 2003 also. November to celebrate my birthday.

Just wanted to say I am here! Have a great DISmeet! I hope someday we will be able to meet up. Oh and I love the Tinkerbell bag!

I'm here!! Have a great time this weekend!, I love the Tink bag! The girls were so cute in your "remember when" picture! Ruth

I made it over! Love that photo of the girls!!! Hope you have a wonderful DISmeet!!! And someday maybe I can meet you and some of the awesome people on this thread. Can't wait to see pics!!! Enjoy!!!!!

Have a wonderful DIS meet!

:rotfl2: on the fanny pack. I bet we all have those pictures. As a matter of fact here's one of me from my 1998 Honeymoon. I bet there are others that could share one too!

Just a quick Suzi/Mo update... Suzi is in the air - her flight left an hour ago. WHOOT!!! She is meeting up with Mo in Chicago, and they are flying together here.

Super excited to meet some great Dis friends! :)

D~ <--- who must go clean now...

I'm reading along, D, even if not posting these days.

Hope the DIS meet is great.

Have a wonderful time this weekend! I, too have those pictures with the fanny pack - I actually still HAVE the fanny pack....:rotfl:

Kat is on her way to Honolulu!

Have a wonderful time this weekend! I, too have those pictures with the fanny pack - I actually still HAVE the fanny pack....:rotfl:

Kat is on her way to Honolulu!

Ok, I wasn't going to admit it but I still have a fanny pack too. :rotfl: I use it when I go to that other Florida park (cough cough Universal cough cough) because you aren't allowed bags on the rides there but a fanny pack is ok.

Suzi and Mo have met!!! Only a few more hours and they will be here! Aren't they adorable???? T his was taken a few minutes ago at the airport... Suzi is on the Left - Mo on the right (in case you didn't know)

2013-05-3095143013.jpg

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter