~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

The activity on our FB page yesterday was insane. So many people wanting a slot. I understand now that it was pure luck that I got a bag when I did.

I hope it all turns out well for you BFF.

Here it is snowing A LOT. Since it's Easter many people want to go in the mountains skiing. So we have had many snow avalanches in a week. 5 People have died so far. 3 people haven't even been found. Why can't people just stay at home when the risk for snow avalanches is so high.....

Your from NORWAY??? seriously? that's awesome!!!:thumbsup2

I'm so damn tired of snow right now...

Your from NORWAY??? seriously? that's awesome!!!:thumbsup2

Yes I'm from Norway. Northern part of Norway to be more precise :)

We now have 3,5 feet of snow (110cm) and it is still snowing. The snow won't be gone until mid May. Hopefully it won't snow on our Independence Day 17th of May (it's not really Independence Day it's more like our National Day when our constitution got written. We didn't get independence from Sweeden until 1905) but it does happen sometimes.

D,
He has very low blood pressure...but the heart doctor seems to think it's something else...:confused3 Until about 5 years ago he was a runner and didn't have this problem. Then while we were remodelling his grandmother's beach house...he missed a step on the stairway and ended up breaking a bone just above his ankle. He now has 5 pins in that area..and the surgeon recommended no running (can loosen up the pins). So he walks everyday but I guess it's not enough like running?

The heart doctor had him wear a monitor for the month of January. Would you believe he didn't have ONE dizzy/fainting spell.... 2 or 3 days after he sent it back.... he fainted on the way up the steps to the porch. Scared the living day lights out of me! The doctor mentioned putting a chip of some kind under his skin to monitor longer and 24 hours a day. He just hasn't done that yet and doesn't know whether he wants to do that or find another doctor for a 2nd opinion. I think he needs to see someone else. One of the things the current heart doctor suggested was that he drink a lot of water.

What scares me...is that I'm at my daughter's house during the week watching the girls. I wanted him to get one of those lifeline things to wear in case he faints and seriously gets injured he can get help. BUT THE MANLY MAN says NOWAY!!!!!! When I got home last week he had a scrap on his nose and forehead and a bandaid above his eyebrow. When I asked him when he fainted he said he didn't want to talk about it.:sad:

So that's my crazy life right now...

Oh, Nini, The military dinners....there's Navy group that we have dinner with at least 2 times a year. I made the mistake of taking my good camera with me to one of the meetings...when Senator Scott Brown was attending the meeting, too. Well, now I've become their photographer...LOL.

Sheila

EEK!! Just read about your "not following the rules" and I'm hoping that it's not me!! I surely don't want to put more stress on you. I did notice a few people who did not put paypal e-mails or trip dates in their original message and I'm hoping it's something like that and not that this teacher on break couldn't follow directions!! :confused3

I can't wait to see!!! I hope your trip was wonderful and welcome home - it's good to have you back!

I hope you got some good rest!

We did have a wonderful trip!! While it's nice to be home it's still hard to believe just yesterday we were riding Space Mountain, or Meeting Mickey or just spending time as a family.

I did!! I couldn't believe the kids actually slept in until about 9 am!!! That is very, very rare for them!!!

Do I dare mention how crazy yesterday was for me? Even I couldn't predict it! So, I opened to take orders again at 8am... I did not refresh my FB page until a full 5 minutes later - I had well over 60 responses for orders! I've been told that I sold out of custom slots in under 30 seconds. :eek: It was insane and awesome all at the same time. :woohoo: Now, I am officially booked solid until the end of March 2014!

So, then I went up to my sewing room to work on my applique - it's really cool - so far. ::yes::

Almost the whole time, I was on the phone with BFF... I wish I could tell you all about what is going on, but I cannot. They are in such a difficult situation and I feel so badly for them. I wish there was something I could do - but there is just nothing. :(

I did have to run to town yesterday for a hair cut - which I so badly needed. My next one is 6 weeks out (I've been going every 4) - so I am not sure how I will get through it, LOL. :rolleyes1 But I scheduled all of these appointments to eventually land so that I have a cut and foil the week before our trip - so I had to have a long stretch in there somewhere.

Then I came home to try and sort out all of the new people on my schedule. I was literally sitting here for almost 7 hours yesterday... I started at a little after 2pm, and didn't go to bed until almost 9pm. With out going into too much detail... I wish that people would thoroughly read the rules of ordering when I post them on my page. I don't write them for my health, they are important, and I just get frustrated when someone doesn't do what they are supposed to and then expects me to accommodate... I wish I could go into more detail about this here, but I can't. Then I am the one who ends up feeling badly, and I shouldn't. It goes back to me being only one person, I can only do so much. I have a family, other commitments and in this case - 2 major holidays thrown in there plus - I have to schedule myself a break every now and then. Ugh... I really shouldn't complain... but I try sooo hard to be perfectly fair to a fault, and no matter how fair I am - I just can't accommodate everyone's wishes. :(

So, I think I was in bed last night before my head hit the pillow - I was so wiped!

Today is a Target day... :worship: Really not looking forward to it... I have so much in my sewing room that I'd rather be doing.

Anyways - I hope you all have a magnificant day!

D~

I saw the craziness way after it happened!! My mom did make it on your list though and she's pretty excited about it!!! I still have to post pictures of mine in action but I did get a lot of compliments about it!! So your bags are just going to become more and more popular!

Always hard when people don't follow the rules. Hope you were able to get it all taken care of and figured out. Hope you got a good night's sleep once you were done.

D,
He has very low blood pressure...but the heart doctor seems to think it's something else...:confused3 Until about 5 years ago he was a runner and didn't have this problem. Then while we were remodelling his grandmother's beach house...he missed a step on the stairway and ended up breaking a bone just above his ankle. He now has 5 pins in that area..and the surgeon recommended no running (can loosen up the pins). So he walks everyday but I guess it's not enough like running?

The heart doctor had him wear a monitor for the month of January. Would you believe he didn't have ONE dizzy/fainting spell.... 2 or 3 days after he sent it back.... he fainted on the way up the steps to the porch. Scared the living day lights out of me! The doctor mentioned putting a chip of some kind under his skin to monitor longer and 24 hours a day. He just hasn't done that yet and doesn't know whether he wants to do that or find another doctor for a 2nd opinion. I think he needs to see someone else. One of the things the current heart doctor suggested was that he drink a lot of water.

What scares me...is that I'm at my daughter's house during the week watching the girls. I wanted him to get one of those lifeline things to wear in case he faints and seriously gets injured he can get help. BUT THE MANLY MAN says NOWAY!!!!!! When I got home last week he had a scrap on his nose and forehead and a bandaid above his eyebrow. When I asked him when he fainted he said he didn't want to talk about it.:sad:

Oh, Nini, The military dinners....there's Navy group that we have dinner with at least 2 times a year. I made the mistake of taking my good camera with me to one of the meetings...when Senator Scott Brown was attending the meeting, too. Well, now I've become their photographer...LOL.

Sheila

Oh Sheila what a strange and awful thing I will keep you all in my prayers but PLEASE tell him to reconsider the life-line thing, he shouldn't feel macho or too young for it. Tell him it will be more for your peace of mind; I'm thinking about it myself just because God forbid I fell out by my horse and I'm alone then what ? ( and have no health issues and am 58 but anything can happen) I hope he will do it, they make them very discreet now Agree too about the 2nd opinion.Best Wishes :flower3:

Ruthie

Do I dare mention how crazy yesterday was for me? Even I couldn't predict it! So, I opened to take orders again at 8am... I did not refresh my FB page until a full 5 minutes later - I had well over 60 responses for orders! I've been told that I sold out of custom slots in under 30 seconds. :eek: It was insane and awesome all at the same time. :woohoo: Now, I am officially booked solid until the end of March 2014!

So, then I went up to my sewing room to work on my applique - it's really cool - so far. ::yes::

Almost the whole time, I was on the phone with BFF... I wish I could tell you all about what is going on, but I cannot. They are in such a difficult situation and I feel so badly for them. I wish there was something I could do - but there is just nothing. :(

I did have to run to town yesterday for a hair cut - which I so badly needed. My next one is 6 weeks out (I've been going every 4) - so I am not sure how I will get through it, LOL. :rolleyes1 But I scheduled all of these appointments to eventually land so that I have a cut and foil the week before our trip - so I had to have a long stretch in there somewhere.

Then I came home to try and sort out all of the new people on my schedule. I was literally sitting here for almost 7 hours yesterday... I started at a little after 2pm, and didn't go to bed until almost 9pm. With out going into too much detail... I wish that people would thoroughly read the rules of ordering when I post them on my page. I don't write them for my health, they are important, and I just get frustrated when someone doesn't do what they are supposed to and then expects me to accommodate... I wish I could go into more detail about this here, but I can't. Then I am the one who ends up feeling badly, and I shouldn't. It goes back to me being only one person, I can only do so much. I have a family, other commitments and in this case - 2 major holidays thrown in there plus - I have to schedule myself a break every now and then. Ugh... I really shouldn't complain... but I try sooo hard to be perfectly fair to a fault, and no matter how fair I am - I just can't accommodate everyone's wishes. :(

So, I think I was in bed last night before my head hit the pillow - I was so wiped!

Today is a Target day... :worship: Really not looking forward to it... I have so much in my sewing room that I'd rather be doing.

Anyways - I hope you all have a magnificant day!

D~
Prayers for your BFF, it's so hard when there is really nothing you can do to help but I'm sure listening on the phone was helpful in it's way.

It was insane getting on the list, I refresed and looked like no one else posted but everyone was posting at the same time. It's really hard but only fair to let the computer figure it out by time stamp. Sorry for being a bad customer, I have issues with making decisions, beyond that I want a bag :rotfl:

Hope you had a good day!

D,

Sheila

As someone who has been a fainter all her life (low blood pressure here too), I feel for you AND your DH. Does he have any warning signs before he faints? Or does he just drop?
I have warning signs and I've never ever had a fainting spell come on while I was driving, so I'm okay there . . . but I have seen a cardiologist and they couldn't find anything . . . he would have put me on a preventative, but it turns out I already was on what they'd normally start me on (I was on it as a migraine preventative) . . .

Anyway, I know how frustrating it can be. . . especially when there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the spells sometimes. Pretty much anyone that's around me for any amount of time I end up telling, because I don't want someone to call 911 just because I faint (now, if I faint and injure myself, then okay).

Running late on replies this morning!

Your BFF will continue to be in my prayers.

I couldn't believe how quickly those custom slots filled. I thought I was a quick typer, but, I saw your post, typed as fast as I could, but was something like 25th on the list! holy cow! You are in high demand! good for you! I will be quicker next time Trying to be fair sometimes is like trying to blow dry your hair in a tornado...just doesn't seem to matter. Some people will always blow you away. Very nice of you to try.

Hope you like your hair cut. I always wait too long to get mine cut. You are smart to schedule your appts. in advance. I always have to wait to see when someone is available to take me.

Thank you for your prayers for my BFF - things seem to be ironing themselves out - but I am still worried about them.

Yes, they did fill quickly - I wasn't too surprised after last time, but it's still nice to see that people enjoy my items and may people trying for spots were repeat customers - so that's super flattering to me too.

Yes - you are right... I'll just keep plugging along, and keep doing what I am doing - because I am not sure how much more fair I can be?

I do like my hair cut - I have found an amazing stylist whom I just love. I like to be trendy with out being too immature looking - and I think she does a great job at achieving this. :lovestruc

Oh gosh! I hope I followed your rules OK! I'm usually very good about that. I was a tad overwhelmed, though! I can take critisism well if I ever annoy you!!! Just send me a message. Believe me..l truly want to make your job easier. I loved teaching, but couldn't stand when I would send parents multiple forms of communication on a topic, and half were still clueless as to what I was talking about!

You are totally fine - it was not you at all. :lovestruc

Congrats on filling up your orders so quickly. I knew they'd fill up quickly. But I didn't think it would be that quickly.

I did not try. I knew I'd have to be one of the first to order since my trip is in October. And we probably won't go again until my second grandchild turns five.

Which will be a while, since I only have one grandchild.

Both of my daughters are talking children, so I might be a grandmother again within about a year and a half. Good possibility that they may have their children within a few months of each other. So we may have a big trip...somewhere around late 2019 or early 2020.

I trust you'll still be making bags then.

Thank you... Yes - I suspected it would be quick too...

I hope you get lucky with lots of grandchildren in the nearer future. :lovestruc I hope to still be making bags then... Just make sure you start looking for me in 2018 - LOL

:rotfl2:
Your a rock star your bags are in HIGH demand. People should be happy they got on the list and those that didn't make i am sure will want to take a spot.
your not mass producing them. your only one person.
i still want my bag by sunday.. Just sayin...

LOL In case you forgot - Sunday is a major holiday... :rolleyes1

LOL...you sound like me with the grand children! I told my oldest that I waited 30 years to be a grand mother...since he was 30 when they had their one and only! Now she is 5 and I will be a grandma again in about 8 weeks. My second son will be getting married next year...and they are also talking about waiting a couple of years before they start with a family!

At least my oldest daughter plans on having 3 or 4 close together...I told them I can not continue to wait 5 years between grand children...I don't think I will last that long!LO

(Of course, I am in no hurry for my two youngest to start having kids...they are only 11 and 12...)

Nini

LOL I am so excited for your next grandchild... I feel like I have been following this little one for months. :woohoo:

I hope you got a good night's rest after that very long day for you, my friend.

I did - thanks Kathy.

The activity on our FB page yesterday was insane. So many people wanting a slot. I understand now that it was pure luck that I got a bag when I did.

I hope it all turns out well for you BFF.

Here it is snowing A LOT. Since it's Easter many people want to go in the mountains skiing. So we have had many snow avalanches in a week. 5 People have died so far. 3 people haven't even been found. Why can't people just stay at home when the risk for snow avalanches is so high.....

Yes - it was insane, but fun at the same time. :thumbsup2

I hope the snow stops soon so it isn't so dangerous where you are. And I pray the people are found. I agree - I am such a baby, I stay home if the weather is bad.

this is a horrific nightmare... this is where my start of my phobia of dolls came from! do you remember the tabloids stating how they used to come to life if the child took excellent care of the dolls? like gremlins??? that stuff is just terrifying!

I forgot to add. I LOVE LOVE the picture of the horse... that is a darn riot!!!

Yes, I remember that. And I know - Maxine is such a riot!

Your from NORWAY??? seriously? that's awesome!!!

Me too (about the snow, not Norway - LOL)...

Yes I'm from Norway. Northern part of Norway to be more precise

We now have 3,5 feet of snow (110cm) and it is still snowing. The snow won't be gone until mid May. Hopefully it won't snow on our Independence Day 17th of May (it's not really Independence Day it's more like our National Day when our constitution got written. We didn't get independence from Sweeden until 1905) but it does happen sometimes.

Yikes!!! I sure hope it stops soon! And NO snow allowed on your Independence Day!

D,
He has very low blood pressure...but the heart doctor seems to think it's something else... Until about 5 years ago he was a runner and didn't have this problem. Then while we were remodelling his grandmother's beach house...he missed a step on the stairway and ended up breaking a bone just above his ankle. He now has 5 pins in that area..and the surgeon recommended no running (can loosen up the pins). So he walks everyday but I guess it's not enough like running?

Sheila

This is just so scary Sheila... I agree with Ruthie - I think that Dh should get a Lifeline. My dad has one - and it's such a peace of mind to me. God forbid that something should happen and we live so far away.

I pray that there are some answers to be found for him soon. :hug:

EEK!! Just read about your "not following the rules" and I'm hoping that it's not me!! I surely don't want to put more stress on you. I did notice a few people who did not put paypal e-mails or trip dates in their original message and I'm hoping it's something like that and not that this teacher on break couldn't follow directions!!

Absolutely no worries at all - you are just fine!!!

We did have a wonderful trip!! While it's nice to be home it's still hard to believe just yesterday we were riding Space Mountain, or Meeting Mickey or just spending time as a family.

I did!! I couldn't believe the kids actually slept in until about 9 am!!! That is very, very rare for them!!!

I saw the craziness way after it happened!! My mom did make it on your list though and she's pretty excited about it!!! I still have to post pictures of mine in action but I did get a lot of compliments about it!! So your bags are just going to become more and more popular!

Always hard when people don't follow the rules. Hope you were able to get it all taken care of and figured out. Hope you got a good night's sleep once you were done.

Glad you had a great trip! I can't wait to see some pictures!

That's cool - I am so glad your mom made my list... I can't remember her name though - so I have no idea who she is. LOL I am sure she told me, but it gets a little crazy over there.

I did get it taken care of. Thank you. :lovestruc

Oh Sheila what a strange and awful thing I will keep you all in my prayers but PLEASE tell him to reconsider the life-line thing, he shouldn't feel macho or too young for it. Tell him it will be more for your peace of mind; I'm thinking about it myself just because God forbid I fell out by my horse and I'm alone then what ? ( and have no health issues and am 58 but anything can happen) I hope he will do it, they make them very discreet now Agree too about the 2nd opinion.Best Wishes :flower3:

Ruthie

I agree with you completely Ruthie.

Prayers for your BFF, it's so hard when there is really nothing you can do to help but I'm sure listening on the phone was helpful in it's way.

It was insane getting on the list, I refresed and looked like no one else posted but everyone was posting at the same time. It's really hard but only fair to let the computer figure it out by time stamp. Sorry for being a bad customer, I have issues with making decisions, beyond that I want a bag

Hope you had a good day!

YOU are not a bad customer at all... Please don't ever think that. What I am referring to is NOT the run of the mill indecisiveness... This is all out expecting me to bend rules - knowing that is what's being done - and "forcing" me to do so. :thumbsup2

As someone who has been a fainter all her life (low blood pressure here too), I feel for you AND your DH. Does he have any warning signs before he faints? Or does he just drop?
I have warning signs and I've never ever had a fainting spell come on while I was driving, so I'm okay there . . . but I have seen a cardiologist and they couldn't find anything . . . he would have put me on a preventative, but it turns out I already was on what they'd normally start me on (I was on it as a migraine preventative) . . .

Anyway, I know how frustrating it can be. . . especially when there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the spells sometimes. Pretty much anyone that's around me for any amount of time I end up telling, because I don't want someone to call 911 just because I faint (now, if I faint and injure myself, then okay).

ACK!!! I wish you would have told me this when I was in Charlotte... I would have bubble wrapped you. :wizard:

I had a really long explanation typed up in regards to yesterday's post - but after writing it, I decided that this is not the time nor is it the place to explain. So, let me reassure everyone here... This is NOT about you. This was all about rule bending at it's finest - so if you were like most everyone else and sent me your order (or 15 ideas to go with it) - then you are totally fine. :lovestruc If you seriously think it was you that I am talking about (which I doubt it is) - then please send me a PM, because I would be happy to reassure you that you are not the culprit. :thumbsup2

I worked at Target yesterday... It was a decent day and very uneventful.

I also spent some time chatting with BFF - who seems to be doing well, despite the sadness in her life. We are still planning our weekly shopping trip for tomorrow morning. Which is good - I would like to spend some time with her.

Today, I will be working on appliques all day long. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful day today! :lovestruc

D~

LOL I am so excited for your next grandchild... I feel like I have been following this little one for months. :woohoo:

D~

Hmmm...Maybe that is because I talk about it twenty or thirty times a DAY! LOL!

Not at like I would be if I were excited about it!

Nini

It kind of makes me mad that someone tried to make you bend the rules. I think I read the rules ten times before I put my name in! :rotfl: I didn't want to screw anything up. I'm just so grateful that I got a spot for my Cousin, I would never dream of trying to change anything.

Sorry about the rule bender, it really bothers me when people don't read and don't follow how things are done.

I tried to get on your list yesterday! I was at work and between computer slowness and my inability to type quickly, I lost out!

I'm so glad I found you before the bag "madness" began! We love our bags! I guess I'll have to watch your auction for the Mickey one I need for a very special person! Hint!

I hope your BFF is doing better! Raising children is such a wonderful challenge! With love and support I hope it all works out!

Have a great day! Ruth

It's good to hear that your BFF is doing ok considering the circumstances.

I just have to show you some pictures I took today. I had to find one last geocache for a long time now to continue my project of filling the calendar with at least one found geocache each day in the calendar.

It has snowed almost 4 inches the last day. And it's still snowing. Many places they hadn't plowed the roads. Or maybe they had early this morning, but it didn't look like they had been there because it was so much snow on the roads.

8596959523_7f4c6c4f4f.jpg

8598063332_bd3730d5ff.jpg

This last picture is taking outside my parents house.

8596959611_b44af89694.jpg

Hopefully the person(s) that didn't follow the rules didn't actually do it intentionally. I have to read, reread and reread instructions sometimes. Even then I can get confused when it comes to actually remembering everything and following through correctly. I try to write down notes, but when it comes to something like this where as you have to do it quickly, I could be the one not following the rules. But never intentionally. Either way, I am so sorry it puts such an extra burden on you. You are very nice to do it regardless, but I know if I did something wrong, by not following instructions correctly I would understand if I couldn't get what I was intending to. It is part of accepting my short comings.
I hope you have a great day!

I thought about trying to get on your list ;) Then I decided I didn't want to be greedy since I already have two bags :rolleyes1 I knew the list would fill up in no time! I can't wait to see what bags come out in the next few months!!

YOU are not a bad customer at all... Please don't ever think that. What I am referring to is NOT the run of the mill indecisiveness... This is all out expecting me to bend rules - knowing that is what's being done - and "forcing" me to do so. :thumbsup2

I had a really long explanation typed up in regards to yesterday's post - but after writing it, I decided that this is not the time nor is it the place to explain. So, let me reassure everyone here... This is NOT about you. This was all about rule bending at it's finest - so if you were like most everyone else and sent me your order (or 15 ideas to go with it) - then you are totally fine. :lovestruc If you seriously think it was you that I am talking about (which I doubt it is) - then please send me a PM, because I would be happy to reassure you that you are not the culprit. :thumbsup2

I also spent some time chatting with BFF - who seems to be doing well, despite the sadness in her life. We are still planning our weekly shopping trip for tomorrow morning. Which is good - I would like to spend some time with her.

D~

Glad my indecisiveness dosn't bother you. It drives other people crazy. I hoped I didn't miss some of your rules and I am kind of demanding (in the type of bag I want). And I am greedy because I want another bag but it's the type of bag. :rotfl: Have I told you lately how awsome your bags are?

I'm so glad that you get to spend some time with your BFF!

Have fun in your sewing room today!

D~ I just wanted to let you know that you can now find a link to my trip report in my signature :)

Yeah, I missed out on a bag too. When I posted, I thought I was first and couldn't understand why no one else was posting. Turned out I was like #25 or something. That's Ok because I wouldn't be able to get a bag before my trip this year, so I will try for another auction bag. I missed out on the Goofy bag too because I had to run to the post office before they closed. :confused3

Oh well, I'm still working on my Minnie bag for my trip in September.:cheer2:

Glad you had a great trip! I can't wait to see some pictures!

That's cool - I am so glad your mom made my list... I can't remember her name though - so I have no idea who she is. LOL I am sure she told me, but it gets a little crazy over there.

I did get it taken care of. Thank you. :lovestruc

I plan on starting a trip report tonight. Will let you know when I have. Just started it!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3087717

She's pretty happy about it!! I think I have an idea of who she's going with but won't say it cuz it's fun to guess what the next bag is!! She's the one who won the Daisy bag.

D~

I hope it wasn't my mom!! But I don't think so.

Continued prayers for your BFF. Glad your going to get to spend some time with her tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter