~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

D~ Congrtes on having a Good Friday saving $$$! I go to Target with good intentions but I come out spending more money than I intended, their prices are just so good. I really need to get a red card so I can save that 5% especially since we have decided to pay OOP this trip with Gift Cards.

Thanks Sheila! I know - I have a hard time with that too... It's so easy to spend $$ there. Now, I will say, it's much easier not to spend the $$ there now that I am couponing... It's really wrecked my "value" that I put on my purchases. :rolleyes:

Yes, that Red debit card is awesome! I love mine... I've had it since 2007 and never had any problems with it at all.

What a great saving you made at all the stores yesterday.

I didn't understand the saving for the trip thing but it doesn't matter. What does matter is that you may be going for the longer trip to Disney

LOL That's true Lillian!

I got your email yesterday - the pictures are FABULOUS - they totally made my day... I hope to post them this morning on my fanpage! :cheer2: Thank you so much for sending them - it looks like you had an amazing trip!

Thanks D and everyone else for healing prayers

No no pictures were able to be taken with the MRI saga, time will heal and I am confident that after 2 x-rays and no fractures hip/leg that it is just terribly bruised, so I'll walk "funny" for awhile As long as I have the meds I can function

This really bums me out - I was hoping that you'd at least get pictures for all you had to go through being in there. I just hope you start to feeling better soon.

Wow- great couponing! I usually only do the pharmacy around her. We have 3 major pharmacy very close (easily walking distance) to each other, so it is really easy to coupon those. I do Target on occassion. I may have to try it more now, that you have shared that website with me. Thanks!

I have not started any of the pharmacies yet, not sure that I will? I've heard that there are great deals to be had at CVS, but their whole process confuses me a little bit... I know bff does a bit there - I will ask her. But I think I am content right now with what I am doing.

I can relate to the "date night" DH's boss "bought" a table at a big benefit to honor a charities "man of the year". so, boss man had all his manager/asst. manager & spouses attend. I was very hesitant due to my illness, but figured I'd give it a try, and if it got too much we would leave. I took my med (which I hate to do because of how dopey/tired they make me) and I ended up having a wonderful time! I hope you have the same experience. I also, like to live in jeans. But, I have to admit, it felt nice dressing up. Have fun tonight.

Thanks for easing my mind about this. I am a very social person - but only in certain situations. I will tell more about last night below, but I did have a good time. :thumbsup2

The ONLY way I can have either an MRI or CT Scan is to be inpatient! Open, not open...doesn't matter...No amount of meds other than the kind they have to administer in an IV will work. We have tried them all...

Well, they didn't give me that option 13 years ago, when they tried stuffing me into the open MRI machine and it took them 2 hours to get me in there. :scared: That tech was not very happy with me... There was nothing I could do about it though, I didn't even know I was that claustrophobic until then.

I think someone can make a mint if they could work on a machine that could get the images they need without having to put the whole body in...like when you only need your wrist imaged...why on earth do they have to put the whole body in...Seriously!

Nini

I agree... Nini... I think you need to do this!

Totally agree Nini, what was shocking to me is this is a terrific hospital Celebration FL Hosp ("Disney's Jewel" if you will) they spent so much money on each dept and themeing etc I was shocked that there was no open MRI, not that it would have mattered like you said why the heck can't they ( the whole medical field) come up with a machine that will only do the effected body part ? crazy,

No kidding! I agree completely!

In the meanwhile as long as I have meds to take the edge off and animals in my life to make me laugh life is good Here's an example, taken this morning, my girl Maxine: she loves hanging out over the central unit for heat when chilly and cold when she's hot

PICT0355.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Maxine is just the funniest gal ever! THis photo totally cracks me up. :rotfl2: I have so enjoyed following Julie's pictures of the caring of Maxine... She has the most wonderful personality... So, this picture totally made me LOL. Thanks so much for sharing!

Now That ^^^^^^^^ Picture is priceless!!

I know!!!!!!! So hilarious!

BTW... Hi Jennifer! :beach:

Right ?? Mohawk anyone ?? Glad I could make some laughter around here after all my tales of woe lately

Ruthie

Oh yah - that was great!

Yesterday was actually quite interesting...

First of all - I finished my applique. I love it!

Then, I have had a few projects around here that I have been putting off FOREVER... The first one was the snow village - yes, I still had it up. How embarassing, right? Normally, I leave it up until the end of January. But the end of January came and with all the Dr.s and not feeling well, it just didn't get done. Then, after my surgery, I couldn't do it either. Well, I am happy to say - my darling girls chipped in to help yesterday, and we were able to get the snow village put away. What a relief, because it was driving me crazy. Had it stayed up another week or two, I would have just left it up, because it was almost time to decorate again for Christmas. :rotfl2:

Another classic story ahead... Very similar to the dryer story

So, as a mom of teenaged daughters, there comes a time when they discover that your clothes are cool, and they kinda/sorta fit... then they raid your closet. Sigh.

Well, last fall... (I know, I know) - the girls went through their rooms and cleaned out their closets. Anything they didn't want went into bins... and because they are girls, they didn't want those bins in their rooms, so they put them in the upstairs hallway. No biggie - they were nice and orderly up there. The plan was to donate them, but didn't want to just donate them... We have a little neighbor girl we give to (and she always wears our stuff - so I know it goes to good use), and my bff's dd. So, I like to sort through everything to make sure that the right sizes are going to the right people.

Yesterday, I finally got around to sorting through those 2 bins... As I am going through these clothes... Yup, you guessed it... I am finding MY OWN CLOTHES!!!!!!!!! Rather than taking my clothes to wear them, and offering them back to me, my girls just threw them in the "donate" bin. :eek: By the time I was done, I had a whole pile of clothes on my bed that were MINE. I couldn't believe it! Thankfully, they were mostly summer clothes, so I wasn't really "missing" them at the moment. But still.

So, we had a nice long talk about the proper etiquette of borrowing your Mother's clothes.

And I am sorry to say - I had a really good laugh about it.

Now that I got those bins out of the upstairs hallway... I moved 2 shelves closer to my sewing room. I am hoping to use those 2 shelves for excess fabric storage. :thumbsup2

Yesterday was Josh's Pheasants Forever banquette...

I was prepared to go and not have a good time. I wore my red clogs, because, if nothing else - my red clogs make me happy. See...

263814_10200517078158239_909240317_n.jpg

There's just something about red clogs that make me want to smile...

OK - anyways...

We get there, and they put Josh in charge of one of the games... So, the good wife that I am - I decide to help him out. Good thing I did, because we were super busy the entire time!

Now, if I would have been thinking, I would have realized that this would be a mostly "men" event. Right? And they are serving beer... Everyone was very well behaved, surprisingly... but they were all quite jovial and happy.

Believe it or not, I had a really great time... Josh and I had fun helping with the game, and meeting virtually every person there.

When we were done... Josh left to go get us sodas (we weren't drinking last night - we had to drive)... So, I went to find my chair... Wouldn't you know it, I was the ONLY female at our table of 10. It was quite awkward until Josh came back.

As it turns out, one of the gentlemen sitting next to us was from Flasher, ND (where Josh's fraternal Great-Grandparents settled) - and where his family still owns land and farms... So, it was a lot of fun chatting with him.

And then the guy sitting directly next to Josh was soooooo funny. He had come to our game earlier in the night. And our game was this "spin the wheel" thing. It was $10 for one spin, and $20 for 3 spins... Whatever # the wheel landed on, was the # of ticket you received. Well, this guy comes up to us and hands Josh a $10, so he got one spin. He landed on a "1", so he only got one ticket. Which he was laughing about - I felt kind of bad for him - because that's just really crappy. The guy continued to laugh, and Josh and I were like :confused3 - and then he told us the best part... Him and his friend were splitting the winnings. :rotfl2: So, anyways, we ended up sitting right next to him... It was a good time.

Then the guy next to me, was nice enough... He kept talking to me through out the meal... Very engaging and interesting conversation. We talked a bit about what we did for a living (it's not often I get to talk about my bags outside of home and Target) and our families. Just a nice guy. It wasn't until the meal was done that I figured out that he was at our table by himself (I thought he was with the group on the other side of the table)... Poor guy was one of the last there, so he and his party were split up, and he was stuck at our table with no one to talk to. I felt kind of bad for him after that.

We didn't win anything at all. I am so frugal and soooo NOT a gambler. Such a waste of $$ IMO. Josh did play 2 games and we got a few tickets, but no winners in them. Oh well, it was a good time, and I think I may go with him again next year.

Today is couponing day! WHOOT!!!!!!!! In just a few minutes, I will run outside to dig the paper out from under our cars, or the snowbank or something else really fun - I am sure.

I will start to plan out my list for this coming Friday... I already have a few things on there. I will also work on my menu.

Today is also kitchen change over day for the girls... Alli cleaned the kitchen while we were gone last night, so I will go through and inspect it. :thumbsup2

There is something else I was planning to do today - but I can't remember what it was... Hopefully it comes to me soon. :scratchin

Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing day today. :grouphug:

D~

I forgot to mention... I love your new photo in your siggy... Is that Dillon & you in front of Epcot?

D~

How great that you had a good time last night. I'm glad you got my photos and that you liked them :goodvibes

I forgot to mention... I love your new photo in your siggy... Is that Dillon & you in front of Epcot?

D~

Yes it is

A photopass photographer & I got to talking when the WDW kennels were open and we went & got Dillon out and he posed us to look as if we were inside.

This is one of my fave pics of our trips over the years. I was searching through the thousands of pics on the computer to show you CRT (still searching)
I also found pics taken with Dillon and some characters at the AK entrance. Comical to see 2 life size chipmunks petting a hunting dog. :rotfl: (if you click on it you'll see it better)

BTW I LOVE the color red too and want your clogs :thumbsup2

If you read above... You just learned that the Pharmacy Rewards can be shared. The only limitation is that it must be used in the same day.

For those of you that have followed how I pay for my trips... I buy all my Disney Gift Cards from Target, using my -10% Team Member Discount, my -5% Target Red Debit Card discount, and now I can add on my BFF's (or mine - if I ever earn one) 5% Pharmacy Rewards discount to my trip... That Pharmacy Rewards is a total bonus that I didn't expect to be able to use, but now that I know I can - I need to use that savings to pay for the remainder of our trip. I will have to work the #s again at some point, but it may mean that our longer trip will still work for us, or it may mean that I will err on the side of being the frugal person that I am, and continue on our 10 day -shorter - trip? :scratchin Regardles - I am stoked that I can have even more savings! :cheer2:

Wow, that's great. Maybe I can find a friend that would share her Pharmacy Rewards.

Since my health insurance is BC/BS Federal Employee Plan, I'm not allowed to participate in any pharamacy reward program. No CVS EVBs for mulitple prescriptions; no Target Pharmacy rewards. Nothing. It's some kind of federal law to stop Medicare fraud that trickled down to the FEP. A few years ago, when Walgreens would give $25 for a transferred prescription, they would do that for everyone. Including federal employees. A competitor caught wind of it, squealled to the Food and Drug Administration, and Walgreens got socked with a multi-million dollar fine.

I'm jealous of everyone getting nearly 10% off their Disney gift cards, while I'm stuck at 5%.

How great that you had a good time last night. I'm glad you got my photos and that you liked them

Thanks Lillian! Yes - I loved your photos... It was the coolest thing to see you and the JS bag in both WDW and DL... It had to be an amazing trip! :thumbsup2

Yes it is

A photopass photographer & I got to talking when the WDW kennels were open and we went & got Dillon out and he posed us to look as if we were inside.

This is one of my fave pics of our trips over the years. I was searching through the thousands of pics on the computer to show you CRT (still searching)
I also found pics taken with Dillon and some characters at the AK entrance. Comical to see 2 life size chipmunks petting a hunting dog. :rotfl: (if you click on it you'll see it better)

BTW I LOVE the color red too and want your clogs :thumbsup2

OMG! That photo is just priceless! I would have loved to have a pic of Ruf in Disney - he would have been so excited! How awesome is that??? I would love to see any and all pics of Dillon in Disney. :thumbsup2

LOL... I love my red clogs.

Hi D~

I'm planning a trip to Charlotte for the day Friday....I need thread :confused3 It just won't be the same to got to LCM with out everyone there!!

~Jennifer

You should chat with Marianne... I just mailed her a list and some $$ and she is planning to do a shopping trip there soon (with in the next week, I think)... Maybe you all can meet up again?

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I have started my trip report if you want to take a look :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47894179&posted=1#post47894179

How do I make a title for the link so the whole URL isn't showing as text (ok that was a horrible way to try and tell you what I want to do. But I'm not good in explaning)

Yay - heading there now, can't wait to read about it!

Here's how you do the link: Our trip to WDW and USA[/url<] Just make sure you remove the < right after url, and it should work perfectly. :thumbsup2

Wow, that's great. Maybe I can find a friend that would share her Pharmacy Rewards.

That would be awesome! It was just something I stumbled upon, didn't realize it could be shared?

Since my health insurance is BC/BS Federal Employee Plan, I'm not allowed to participate in any pharamacy reward program. No CVS EVBs for mulitple prescriptions; no Target Pharmacy rewards. Nothing. It's some kind of federal law to stop Medicare fraud that trickled down to the FEP. A few years ago, when Walgreens would give $25 for a transferred prescription, they would do that for everyone. Including federal employees. A competitor caught wind of it, squealled to the Food and Drug Administration, and Walgreens got socked with a multi-million dollar fine.

Hmmm... I will have to check into this - because I have the exact same health insurance as you do. If what you say is true for me, as well, then it's possible that I wouldn't be able to particpiate in it?

I'm jealous of everyone getting nearly 10% off their Disney gift cards, while I'm stuck at 5%.

Well, then you could do what I do, and go get a job at Target. If it wasn't for that - I would only be getting 5% as well. Since you mentioned it - I do sacrafice a lot of stress on my body to work there, so I am not even sure that the 10% team member discount is always worth it. But I am happy with whatever savings I can get to pay for my trip... As it is, I am most likely going to have to cut it back by 2 days, and hopefully that will be enough. :scratchin

Well, yesterday was - um - crazy. :crowded:

I started off with my coupon clipping. :thumbsup2 Then the Target website released about 70 new coupons, many of them were stackers. :woohoo:

Then I started making my shopping list... I used the best deals I could get first.

So, I started to plan my menu around that. I really wanted to finish up my list yesterday morning, so I asked Josh what he wanted on the menu... He said he would get back to me at dinner. :confused3 Hello... Gotta make the list dude. Needless to say, the list didn't get made yesterday at all, because when I brought it up at dinner - no one had any suggestions for me. :/

Allison reminded us that she needed different shoes for track... And we had forgotten that we'd promised we'd take her this weekend. So, we all got ready and headed out to the mall... :crowded: It was horribly busy. :confused3 Like - we had to park in the furthest employee parking spot. We went to every single shoe store in the mall and outlying areas, and not one pair to be had. We even went to a specialized running store - nada. We ended up at Kohls in a desperate state (ahem- 5 hours later)... When I found a sales person and kindly asked her if she could bring out everything in Alli's size (since there were NONE on the floor)... After much debate, we ended up with 2 pairs of shoes for her. Neither of them were quite perfect, but they were the best we'd found. And both pairs came in $25 under the budget I'd set for 1 pair, so that is good.

In between all of the shoe shopping, I had to pit stop at JoAnn's.... BIG MISTAKE! My JoAnn's just started doing this ticket system for the cutting table. I learned after the last time, to grab my # then shop... So, I grabbed my # - looked up at the screen... they were on #82... My number was #04. They had 2 slow people cutting and an angry mob of 30+ others waiting to be cut. So, I decided just to grab a bolt of batting and deal with it - there was no way I was waiting for 2 hours just to get 1 item cut. It seems to me, and this is just my observation, since JoAnn's instituted this new number system at their cutting table, first of all - they did it to justify having less employees there to cut - I have never seen more than 2. Secondly - all of those employees lost their urge to work faster, because they no longer have a line of people. You would *thnk* that the angry mob of people waiting HOURS to have their fabric cut would lite a fire under them? :confused3 Which is one of the very reasons I try to order everything online... ::yes::

So stopped at Subway for dinner, because it was late.

We came home to eat, then I printed some extra coupons off of the laptop & headed to bed early.

I am up early today, because I had a bad dream about our trip this morning, and I couldn't fall back to sleep. I had a dream that we ended up staying at SoG, they are redoing the pool there (which is true), but they had chosen a Cabbage Patch Kids theme (which is NOT true), I was so upset when we arrived, because the pools were closed entirely for the duration of our trip.... Hello - it's August. We could NOT stay at a resort with out a pool. So, I woke this morning all upset because I was trying to rebook our entire trip while we were down there, and I couldn't find a place to stay... Insanity - I tell ya! :laughing:

Today I plan to start my next bag. I never did finish my big auction bag - I am a bit disappointed in myself. I will have to resort to finishing it on evenings and weekends. I am also thinking I may do a few GAC wallets to go with the big auction? I have not decided for sure if I am doing them in addition to or in leu of my regular wallets. :confused3 Any opinons about this? Regardless - I need to buckle down over the next several weeks, and accomplish these bags. ::yes::

Well, I better finish goofing around on the Dis, so I can get to work early today - lots to do, so little time! <---- Which is my own fault.

D~

Don't worry D~...a good travel agent would NEVER let that happen!

Nini

LOL Nini - I KNOW that... I honestly don't know what I was more upset about... All of the Cabbage Patch Kids overtaking the resort (LOL - literally CPK dolls EVERYWHERE... And I AM a doll person) - or the fact of no pool... :confused3 I mean - literally - there were CPKs all over the many pool slides... In my dream, I was convinced that the whole reason for the pool being closed was all the CPKs in it. :laughing: It was just bad.

D~

LOL Nini - I KNOW that... I honestly don't know what I was more upset about... All of the Cabbage Patch Kids overtaking the resort (LOL - literally CPK dolls EVERYWHERE... And I AM a doll person) - or the fact of no pool... :confused3 I mean - literally - there were CPKs all over the many pool slides... In my dream, I was convinced that the whole reason for the pool being closed was all the CPKs in it. :laughing: It was just bad.

D~

LOL! CPK at Disney!

We had so much wind last night and this morning...I was convinced that my dream actually happened! I dreamed the downstairs door had blown open and all my dresses were ruined! I was a little afraid to go down this morning. First thing I did was get those dresses in their plastic bags so they would be protected! LOL!

Nini

Happy you had fun at your DH event. I honestly think sometimes convincing ourselves we are going to have a bad time, ends up giving us low expectations and we surprise ourselves!

hehe giggling about the themed SoG pool. One of my nephews had an issue with CPD's when he was little...almost a phobia. I think a pooled themed to that , may be enough to give me a phobia of them. :lmao:

your DD's borrowing then donating your clothes cracked me up. Reminded me of a story. My eldest DD was wearing a tank top one day, to which I replied, is that lace on your bra or the shirt. I'm not sure why, whether it was her hesitation or I just noticed....it was lace on the bra....MY bra. My brand new worn once- splurge because it was a VERY special occasion bra- ,my $52. bra...and trust me when I say I SELDOM spend that kind of money on a bra. I was about to :furious: when I looked at her face, and I couldn't help but laugh. If there was somewhere for her to hide... Then she come out with... I love you... more like a question than an answer. I absolutely love having a daughter, but geesh...sometimes.

You are definitely the coupon queen. No doubt about it. :goodvibes

I remember they used to schedule certain things on a sports night. And I never understood it because the sporting events are planned way in advance and the concert or play were never scheduled that far in advance. Then they'd go and do it on a big night for the sports and they would not change it and told the student they would fail the class if they didn't show up to the concert or the play. I'm sorry...but the first scheduled thing to me gets priority and they should have changed their date.

Sounds like you had a good time at your hubby's event.

Sent you via email others and CRT pics I miss this guy

realnice0707.jpg

June2007017.jpg

Dog had the patience of a saint :rotfl:

cookiejar771.jpg

cookiejar1812-1.jpg

Riding the Tram
cookiejar897-1.jpg

He did NOT like Pluto !! Only time his hair ever stood on end and he low growled but his favorite snuggle toy was Pluto go figure :-)

cookiejar1892.jpg

and with a couple friends:
friends072711.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter