~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

great new bag D. Cant wait to see the next creation.

Hope to see lots of pictures from Charlotte

I love the newest Mickey bag. I really like how you tweak certain things to make it OOAK if you have done a similar bag before. :thumbsup2

It's OK - I totally forgot that you only use that phone when you are in the States. You better call or stop by if you are ever in the area... My girls still talk about your DH - they swear he's famous. :rolleyes1
My screen thanks you. I had to clean it after reading that last sentence there! Thankfully it was just water! I had forgotten about that. We really need to rent that movie so we can do a comparison. Here is another tidbit to make your girls squee - Justin Bieber was at the A&W in my hometown a few weeks ago and we only missed him by a few hours! I totally would've taken a picture for them if we had been there at the same time.

Must go, Buffy wants me to take her for a walk. Right. Now. paw: Better do it before it rains again!

DMGeurts said:
I love the actual flying portion... And I love the taking off and landing. :confused3 I am just a ball of nerves until I get to the airport... So, maybe I should start drinking now? Then I will lay off once I leave the house? :rotfl2:

D~

Oh Lordy - if you stumble out of the terminal on Thursday morning I'm gonna pee my pants laughing my butt off! Just remember, if you're too tipsy, they won't let you on the flight in the first place! ;-)

Love the new Mickey bag - of course I love mine better, but it's a close call ;)

Have you ever shopped at Hancockfabrics.com or at an actual store? I just stumbled on their website and they have some cute disney fabric! I'm hoping for some coupons since I signed up for their emails :goodvibes I've never seen one of the stores, must not be in FL.

The Mickey bag looks great. The applique is perfect.

Can't wait to see your new bag in real life.

Hope you can get everything done tomorrow, especially with two teens in tow. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the AG hangers. I didn't even look there because I figured the price would be too high - I will plan on getting some next time I go to the mall.

FYI, I also buy my AG hangers directly form AG. I price compared what e-bay has and AG is actually cheaper! Michaels has doll clothes hangers but they are kind of small and don't work well. I don't have any, but a friend does and the clothes always fall off.

:love: Love the Mickey bag too.

As for the next DIS meet Marianne & I decided it should be in RI next time:lmao: So you will have to come.;)

As for the next DIS meet Marianne & I decided it should be in RI next time:lmao: So you will have to come.;)

Michelle, I am REALLY sad you can't come this weekend...I have a lot to tell you that might surprise you. Wish I could do it in person! I will miss you.

Great Mickey Bag D~ :thumbsup2

The Mickey bag looks great. The applique is perfect.

Can't wait to see your new bag in real life.

Hope you can get everything done tomorrow, especially with two teens in tow. Oh, and thanks for the tip about the AG hangers. I didn't even look there because I figured the price would be too high - I will plan on getting some next time I go to the mall.

I should be fine today - I hope. LOL I just have to pit stop at JoAnns for 1 yd of fabric. :stir:

Cute nails!!!

Love the Mickey bag! I read your story about how you got started sewing and I am amazed at the quality of your work! You must be a natural "artist" to be doing the caliber of work you do and to consistently choose such beautiful color combinations.

I am officially inspired to get off my duff and get to sewing again.:rotfl: My DH went to JoAnn's with me yesterday and when I told him I thought a serger would be helpful to me, he bought me one! I've never used one, so I'll have to get in there and experiment.

Thanks also for the tip about the Disboutique thread. I'm in the process of reading. And reading. And reading. :lmao: Good stuff though!

Thanks! I sure hope you start sewing again - it has just become this huge creative outlet for me. I didn't realize how much I needed one until I really got into sewing. :)

That was super nice of your DH to buy you a serger! I do have one, but I will be honest - I don't use it very much at all - however, there are times that I can't live with out it. It just depends on what I am making. I will say, though, that youtube is your friend - just search your model # and there should be a ton of info on there about it. I did manage to learn my serger on youtube only, so it can be done. :thumbsup2

The Disboutique thread is awesome... I wish I could spend more time over there - I have missed so much!

Beautiful bag as usual! Have a safe trip today. I am totally jealous that you can stop at the MOA. The closest I've ever been is at the airport for a layover.

Thanks Ruth! Today is the day I go get the girls. The airport is VERY close tot he MOA - directly across the highway from it. Hopefully you get a chance to go one day. The girls and I go quite often, so it isn't as magnificant as it once was - but it's still a sight to see!

Aww, Congratulations on 35 years and Happy Anniversary.

Know that you'll be missed in Charlotte...but hopefully everyone will get a chance to make the next one.

The Dis isn't allowing me to multi-quote.. argh!

So do we get a *hint* D? Is it a Dismeet themed UPB or Disney related? or both?

Sorry - no hints... no nuthin'... Not until after the Dismeet in Charlotte. I want my bag to be a surprise. :thumbsup2 I will be sure to have pictures ready to post before I leave home though - so you all don't have to wait for me to get back. :lovestruc

New bag is GREAT!!! I can't wait till I can order one (or 3!).

Your nails were too cute!!! I have no nails, as I bite them, but maybe that could be an incentive for my trip!

FIVE trips in 2 years?!?!?!?!?! You, my dear, have a lot of sewing to do!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have REALLY got to get my craft area cleaned out (currently the front porch) so I can start teaching myself to sew....I am so jealous of all of the neat sewing projects all these people do!!!!!!!

LOL - I used to be a nail biter too... Then Josh gave me a ring - and I needed my nails to look nice. I quit biting then and there. :thumbsup2

I doubt I'll ever take 5 trips in 2 years, that's a lot of $$ that we just don't have. It's all I can do to take the girls in the spring... I do have 2 other for sure trips though... One in the spring of 2014 and one in the fall of that same year, that's gonna be rough!

Yay - glad to hear you are teaching yourself to sew! It's the best way to learn IMO. :) LMK if you have any questions.

great new bag D. Cant wait to see the next creation.

Hope to see lots of pictures from Charlotte

Thanks! Yup - there will be so many pictures from Charlotte, you'll be bored with all of them. :worship:

I love the newest Mickey bag. I really like how you tweak certain things to make it OOAK if you have done a similar bag before. :thumbsup2

My screen thanks you. I had to clean it after reading that last sentence there! Thankfully it was just water! I had forgotten about that. We really need to rent that movie so we can do a comparison. Here is another tidbit to make your girls squee - Justin Bieber was at the A&W in my hometown a few weeks ago and we only missed him by a few hours! I totally would've taken a picture for them if we had been there at the same time.

Must go, Buffy wants me to take her for a walk. Right. Now. paw: Better do it before it rains again!

LOL Sorry about the screen!

Oh Lordy - if you stumble out of the terminal on Thursday morning I'm gonna pee my pants laughing my butt off! Just remember, if you're too tipsy, they won't let you on the flight in the first place! ;-)

Now that would be hilarious!!!

I hope you are having a good trip home. Safe travels!

Love the new Mickey bag - of course I love mine better, but it's a close call ;)

Have you ever shopped at Hancockfabrics.com or at an actual store? I just stumbled on their website and they have some cute disney fabric! I'm hoping for some coupons since I signed up for their emails :goodvibes I've never seen one of the stores, must not be in FL.

Thanks!

Yes, I do shop at Hancocks... That and JoAnn's are the only stores around here. :) It really sucks that they are 30 miles away from eachother, because one carries most of my fabric and the other carries my thread. :confused3 Lots of driving when I need both. :rolleyes1

FYI, I also buy my AG hangers directly form AG. I price compared what e-bay has and AG is actually cheaper! Michaels has doll clothes hangers but they are kind of small and don't work well. I don't have any, but a friend does and the clothes always fall off.

I agree. I don't think they are too bad of a price.

Thanks Michelle - I agree, the next Dismeet should be in RI. :thumbsup2

Michelle, I am REALLY sad you can't come this weekend...I have a lot to tell you that might surprise you. Wish I could do it in person! I will miss you.

Thanks Judy! Glad to see you made it back safely. I am anxiously waiting to hear what happened. :surfweb:

Gotta run... Need to go great ready to get the girls. It's going to be a crazy day - but I am quite confident that I will finish my bag today. :cool1:

Have a fantabulous day! :)

D~

Thanks for the info about the other hangers. I knew you would have some good real life experience since I know Alexa likes to play with her AG doll.

D~ get back to work so you can have that bag finished!

Finished, finished, finished! :thumbsup2

th_IMG_6941.jpg
th_IMG_6942.jpg
th_IMG_6944.jpg

D~

You're going back??? As a Disney stock holder I would like to thank you profusely and ask that you continue to sew away so you can spend lots of money when you get there. :rotfl2:

:earsboy: I love your Mickey bag. It's bright and cheery and Mickey has a fabulous smile.

Let's see, I made a water bottle holder yesterday. I :crazy2: attaching the bottom. I always lose a couple fingers and it still doesn't turn out.

That's all. Now back to your regularly scheduled pre-trip report. popcorn::

I have loads of rooms available to rent out so I think that's a great idea :) BYOSB.

And what are you doing over here missy stirring up more suspense! :stir: Evil!!!!

LOL - I used to be a nail biter too... Then Josh gave me a ring - and I needed my nails to look nice. I quit biting then and there. :thumbsup2

D~
So I need to get my 8 y/o engaged asap?

D~

I just found your PTR! Yay, another trip! Here's something you "need" to add to your planning post, your Tink and Ani M&G!!!

Love the Tiana and Mickey bags. Your nails look so cute. They were worthy of a store parade!

LOVE your Mickey bag! Do you have an Etsy shop?

Thanks so much, glad to have you following along! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info about the other hangers. I knew you would have some good real life experience since I know Alexa likes to play with her AG doll.

D~ get back to work so you can have that bag finished!

LOL Liz... Almost done!

You're going back??? As a Disney stock holder I would like to thank you profusely and ask that you continue to sew away so you can spend lots of money when you get there. :rotfl2:

:earsboy: I love your Mickey bag. It's bright and cheery and Mickey has a fabulous smile.

Let's see, I made a water bottle holder yesterday. I :crazy2: attaching the bottom. I always lose a couple fingers and it still doesn't turn out.

That's all. Now back to your regularly scheduled pre-trip report. popcorn::

LOL Cheryl! Oooh - yes those water bottle holders can be a bit tricky. I hope you were able to sew your fingers back on? popcorn::

I have loads of rooms available to rent out so I think that's a great idea :) BYOSB.

And what are you doing over here missy stirring up more suspense! :stir: Evil!!!!

So I need to get my 8 y/o engaged asap?

Oooh excellent idea Andrea!!! No one will have to pay for a hotel - we can have a frat party in your old house!!! :thumbsup2 Cool, that's settled!

Yes - Your 8 y/o should probably get engaged. :eek:

D~

I just found your PTR! Yay, another trip! Here's something you "need" to add to your planning post, your Tink and Ani M&G!!!

Love the Tiana and Mickey bags. Your nails look so cute. They were worthy of a store parade!

Tink... I swear I sent you a text letting you know I started at PTR?

Yes - our Tink and Ani M&G - I just thought that was assumed? :cloud9: I will go edit my original post to include that.

LOVE the mickey bag...so cute!
ooh RI is in driving distance for me :banana::banana::banana:

Oooh - yay!!!

So... Yesterday was just plain ol' crazy for me!

I spent 5 hours on the road, which ended with 2 crabby children for the remainder of the day. :crazy2:

I was able to stop at Hancocks to get my white fabric. Yay!! I immediately put it in the wash, and put it to good use once it was done. popcorn::

I also stopped at the grocery store, and grabbed a few necessities.

Once I got home... I went straight to my sewing room. I still had a lot of detail work to put into my bag. But I've managed to get most of it done... I still have about 3 hours of work to do to it this afternoon.

Today, I am going to get my hair done. Currently it is pouring rain...

Once I am done with my hair, I have to run to town and do a couple of errands. I hope to be home by about 2pm, so I can finish up my bag. I don't plan to post pictures until the people in Charlotte have had a chance to see it - so I am sorry - you will all have to wait. But trust me, it's cool. :3dglasses

Once the bag is done... I need to get online and set up all of our bill pays - since that's my job, and Josh wouldn't have a clue. :scared:

I also need to make dinner, and bond with my girls.

This time tomorrow - I will be in the air, on my way to Charlotte. :goodvibes Words cannot describe how excited I am to meet all my great Dis friends... Marianne, Beth, Lisa, Judy, Andrea, Liz, Nicole, Shannon... and several that I can't remember. :grouphug: It promises to be an exciting weekend! popcorn::

D~

Thanks so much, glad to have you following along! :thumbsup2

LOL Liz... Almost done!

LOL Cheryl! Oooh - yes those water bottle holders can be a bit tricky. I hope you were able to sew your fingers back on? popcorn::

Oooh excellent idea Andrea!!! No one will have to pay for a hotel - we can have a frat party in your old house!!! :thumbsup2 Cool, that's settled!

Yes - Your 8 y/o should probably get engaged. :eek:

Tink... I swear I sent you a text letting you know I started at PTR?

Yes - our Tink and Ani M&G - I just thought that was assumed? :cloud9: I will go edit my original post to include that.

Oooh - yay!!!

So... Yesterday was just plain ol' crazy for me!

I spent 5 hours on the road, which ended with 2 crabby children for the remainder of the day. :crazy2:

I was able to stop at Hancocks to get my white fabric. Yay!! I immediately put it in the wash, and put it to good use once it was done. popcorn::

Once I got home... I went straight to my sewing room. I still had a lot of detail work to put into my bag. But I've managed to get most of it done... I still have about 3 hours of work to do to it this afternoon.

Once I am done with my hair, I have to run to town and do a couple of errands. I hope to be home by about 2pm, so I can finish up my bag. I don't plan to post pictures until the people in Charlotte have had a chance to see it - so I am sorry - you will all have to wait. But trust me, it's cool. :3dglasses

Once the bag is done... I need to get online and set up all of our bill pays - since that's my job, and Josh wouldn't have a clue. :scared:

This time tomorrow - I will be in the air, on my way to Charlotte. :goodvibes Words cannot describe how excited I am to meet all my great Dis friends... Marianne, Beth, Lisa, Judy, Andrea, Liz, Nicole, Shannon... and several that I can't remember. :grouphug: It promises to be an exciting weekend! popcorn::

D~

Just know that I will be there in spirit! LOL...hubby actually asked me where we are going tomorrow and I said...NC...he said..plainly.."no" (of course that is NOT what I heard...LOL!)

Of course, since all the official paperwork came in for me to start the TA training...he may be watching something on TV!

Nini

I vote yes. I think I can even drive there by myself in a few hours. :) I hate driving.

D I can't wait to see your hair I need to make an appointment for C and I.

Finished, finished, finished! :thumbsup2

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

D~
Wow, I love the Mickey bag!

I love your Disney themed nails too.

D~
Sounds like you had a super busy day yesterday and another one coming up today. I hope you have a great trip to Charlotte. It sounds like it will be so much fun to meet everybody in person and have a sewing/shopping weekend.
Wish I could be there but maybe next year. Although RI is a lot further away!

Have a wonderful time in Charlotte!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures of this great M&G!!! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter