• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

I am pretty excited about this bag! I love the colors! It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but it's quilted in a light lavender color to coordinate with the interior fabric.

IMG_6921.jpg

Applique and accent details close-up:

IMG_6918.jpg

Interior...

IMG_6914.jpg

D~ <--- SHOCKED :eek: <--- Who was able to get up to my sewing room earlier than I thought, and knock out the rest of the bag this morning before work! :eek:
Love the colors too! And I love the flower accent :)

D I saw the Tiana bag on FB yesterday and have to tell you I am adding it to my list of your favorites. the details are amazing.

Miss D~
You have come quite the celebrity!

Even though you were not in the launch last night, you were a big topic of conversation on the Custom a holics board yesterday and last night! Several people are jealous they aren't getting to meet you!

(me included!)

Nini

Cool Diane! Weren't you collecting the beach type fabric last summer for the girls bat mitzvah? If we drive (yikes! never done that before!) we will probably be traveling all day on the 11th. I did not even think about Mother's Day! I was just thinking I wanted to beat the summer crowds!;) That would be an awesome Mother's Day present to me! LOL!
Yes, I started planning the decorations for the party as soon as we saw that fabric on clearance. It was perfect and on sale for $1 per yard! I did ultimately end up getting enough of it through the help of another Dis member. You have a great memory! We always drive to Florida and never have had any problems with it. I actually do more of the driving than DH. He talks to the kids and reads me articles from magazines. I get car sick so I can't do that.

I am pretty excited about this bag! I love the colors! It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but it's quilted in a light lavender color to coordinate with the interior fabric.

IMG_6921.jpg
Wow, that bag is just beautiful! I love the quilting in the lavender color. It looks wonderful. You are so talented! I have actually never seen that movies. Is it good?

Good for you doing something for YOU! You will have to post pics of the new hair and nails!

I am looking at going May11-19th 2013...my son will be in college this year, and he gets out on the 10th of May, so I figured that would be a good time to go. Depending on who joins us, we are looking at Art of Animation suite or POP. There are never cast member discounts for POFQ or they go very quickly! (would love to stay there again!) I am waiting on having my son settled at college before I make definitive plans. I honestly do not even know when his spring break is, but he will be in a program at school that does a lot of service projects and they do some during spring break (his junior and senior year he will get t go to Trinidad for free for a service project)...so I have a feeling we will not be able to go during spring breaks!

It is always so much fun to do DIS meets there! Some of my fondest memories are from a meet I did back in 2004!

Lynn

I will post pics of my hair and nails. :thumbsup2 There are several Disers that follow my TR/PTR that are going in May 2013 (one of them carries my Evil Queen bag...) - I am just so very happy that you get to go Lynn. :goodvibes

I love Dismeets too!!! They are the best!

Wow, sounds like you have a packed schedule for the next week but it also sounds like loads of fun! I wish I could go to Charlotte and meet so many of you in person but my girls come home from camp and my in-laws come to visit. Maybe next time!

If you are there on May 11, 2013 that will be the day my girls have their bat mitzvah. It sounds like a good date to me :) May 12 is Mother's Day BTW. Disney would be an awesome Mother's Day treat!

I wish you could come too Diane... It sounds like we want to make this an annual thing? So, there should be a next time.

Cool Diane! Weren't you collecting the beach type fabric last summer for the girls bat mitzvah? If we drive (yikes! never done that before!) we will probably be traveling all day on the 11th. I did not even think about Mother's Day! I was just thinking I wanted to beat the summer crowds!;) That would be an awesome Mother's Day present to me! LOL!

Oh I remember that fabric too!

D please post a picture of your hair. I am debating something new instead of my long layers but I am so scared to cut it.

I will C! I have a feeling I am going to go quite short with it - I want something totally new and fun.

I love the new historical AG doll you posted on your TR. She is beautiful and I love her dress and "purse".

The Tiana bag is so pretty. Your applique is flawless and she looks beautiful.

Your March trip sounds like it will be fun. I am pleasantly surprised to hear that the girls have been getting along so well lately, especially since it is summer and I am sure they are seeing alot more of each other then usual. You sound like you will be busy the next few days.

I have been slacking lately and need to get busy planning for the trip to Charlotte next week. We had a great day on Monday when Nini, her kids, Lisa and Megan came over. My DD was asking when we could get together again about 5 minutes after they left. My DS had a great time playing with Mr. D too. Tomorrow is the first day of school here and I am dreaming of our next Disney trip but I just don't know when I can fit it in.

Thanks Liz... I am surprised that the girls are getting along too. I am not sure what is going on? The last time they got a long this well, there ewas a bribe involved. :confused3

You are so lucky that you got to meet Nini! I am looking forward to meeting you when you come to Charlotte!

Ahhhh, Thanks Liz. My kids are asking when we can go back too! For two kids who were NOT looking forward to going they sure did have a LOT of Fun! (and I have a perfect little zippered bag that fits perfect in my Essential Park Bag! My daughter wanted to know how you knew it would fit so perfect!)

D~ Your new bag is so cute...I am purposely NOT letting my DD see it... Tiana is her favorite ...right now!!!

Gotta run....

Nini

Awww... Thanks Nini!

:worship: WOW....I just love this one too!!!

Thanks Michelle!

Beautiful bag! You have such a great eye for color!

Thanks Ruth!

Love the colors too! And I love the flower accent :)

Thanks Andrea!

D I saw the Tiana bag on FB yesterday and have to tell you I am adding it to my list of your favorites. the details are amazing.

LOL... Just out of curiosity... How long is that list? You know, we could dedicate each panel to a different theme? :rotfl2:

Miss D~

Even though you were not in the launch last night, you were a big topic of conversation on the Custom a holics board yesterday and last night! Several people are jealous they aren't getting to meet you!

(me included!)

Nini

You're too funny Nini. I just want to know where all the new likes to my Facebook Fan page are coming from? Any of you that have a fan page, know how hard it is to get "likes"... I have had 40 new ones in the last 3 days. :confused3

I am debating on bribing Beth to kidnap you before she leaves Atlanta... If there was only someone coming from Chiara's area too - I'd also have them kidnap her. :thumbsup2

Yes, I started planning the decorations for the party as soon as we saw that fabric on clearance. It was perfect and on sale for $1 per yard! I did ultimately end up getting enough of it through the help of another Dis member. You have a great memory! We always drive to Florida and never have had any problems with it. I actually do more of the driving than DH. He talks to the kids and reads me articles from magazines. I get car sick so I can't do that.

Wow, that bag is just beautiful! I love the quilting in the lavender color. It looks wonderful. You are so talented! I have actually never seen that movies. Is it good?

Thank you Diane! Have you started working on the decorations yet?

Well, I started quilting my next bag last night. I hope to finish it sooner rather than later. I hope to have enough time leftover to make myself a new Donald bag. I took it out yesterday to pack it, and it just looks awful - I remember that Donald wrecked it - but I kept thinking it wasn't that bad... it is. So, if I have the time - I will try to eek out one more bag before my trip.

Today is Valleyfair day... It's foggy and dreary looking here - so that should mean a crowd free day there. :thumbsup2

I hope to be home at a reasonable hour this afternoon so that I can quilt some more of this bag. If I can get all the quilting done today, then I should be able to work on the applique tomorrow and maybe a bit of assembly too. :cool1:

Have a great day everyone! :)

D~

Somehow I missed posting on your Tiana bag. It is fantastic. Love the lavender stitching on it.

I was sad to see that you didn't take part in the launch either but I understand.

I wish I were going to Charlotte, it is only a 7 hour drive-LOL!

Can't wait to see your new hair cut.

Can you PM me the name of your FB fan page? I want to share it with a couple of friends.

Enjoy the Valleyfair.

Also thank you for stopping by my PTR, it was getting lonely in there.

Oh I hope you don't mind me asking a question but there are quite a few creative people in here (yourself mainly) and I am trying to figure out the best way to put together my countdown calendar. I made it out of fleece and felt. So I have a felt Mickey head and felt letters on a piece of fleece. How do you think I should attach it? I was thinking of sewing it on but didn't know if I was better hot gluing or using something else. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have been reading your trip report and I am excited to see you have another one in the works! I LOVE your bags, you are very creative!!!

Miss D~

(me included!)

Nini

::yes:: I was one of the jealous people :worried:

Can't wait to see your new hair and nails. You reminded me that I need a haircut too. And I am all for you starting to drink now vs waiting until the airport. I think the next couple bags would turn out really...umm...interresting if you did :thumbsup2 But I totally understand, I love flying but am all jitters until I get through security and get to the gate too.

Somehow I missed posting on your Tiana bag. It is fantastic. Love the lavender stitching on it.

I was sad to see that you didn't take part in the launch either but I understand.

I wish I were going to Charlotte, it is only a 7 hour drive-LOL!

Can't wait to see your new hair cut.

Can you PM me the name of your FB fan page? I want to share it with a couple of friends.

Enjoy the Valleyfair.

Also thank you for stopping by my PTR, it was getting lonely in there.

Oh I hope you don't mind me asking a question but there are quite a few creative people in here (yourself mainly) and I am trying to figure out the best way to put together my countdown calendar. I made it out of fleece and felt. So I have a felt Mickey head and felt letters on a piece of fleece. How do you think I should attach it? I was thinking of sewing it on but didn't know if I was better hot gluing or using something else. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you. :)

I know - I am so sorry about the launch. Depending on the dates, I may be able to participate in the next one - I am really hoping to anyways.

I am very excited about getting my hair cut... I really enjoy it when my stylists are willing to be creative on me, because when I want something new - I really want something new. I have no attachment to my hair whatsoever, so they could do almost anything and I wouldn't be upset. Most sylists don't believe me though, and they are afraid to do too much. Hopefully this one will do something fun. :thumbsup2

THoughts on the countdown calendar... Hmmm... I am not the brainiest when it comes to felt (I know Chiara works with it a lot) - but I would think, if you want it to be permanent, either hot glue or that Aileen's craft glue would work the best? You could sew it, but I think that might be a lot of work - depending on how much work you want to put into it? Knowing me, I would want to be a bit over the top anal if I was sewing, so I would have to go perfectly around all the edges. :rolleyes1 Please let me know when you've posted it into your own PTR, I would love to see how it turns out! :goodvibes

I have been reading your trip report and I am excited to see you have another one in the works! I LOVE your bags, you are very creative!!!

Welcome!!! And thank you!! I am super happy to have you here and following along. :thumbsup2

::yes:: I was one of the jealous people :worried:

LOL... To be honest, I was jealous of MA because she got to meet you twice while she was in RI. I think the next Disbou meet - we need to make sure that you can be there Michelle!!! Maybe we should have it at your house?

Can't wait to see your new hair and nails. You reminded me that I need a haircut too. And I am all for you starting to drink now vs waiting until the airport. I think the next couple bags would turn out really...umm...interresting if you did :thumbsup2 But I totally understand, I love flying but am all jitters until I get through security and get to the gate too.

Thanks Suzi! Well, my neighbors and I are planning a small "limearita" gathering tonight... I could have really used one last night - but I refrained. :rolleyes1 It just sounded tasty! I highly doubt I could keep drinking until Thurs though - I am not a huge drinker in the first place - I get so sick of it really quickly. popcorn:: I agree - it might affect my next few bags if I was to continue drinking though. :rolleyes1 I'd probably ruin my own reputation. :crazy2:

I am really nervous about flying out of MSP... You see, we have 2 terminals... Humphry and Lindberg - I can never remember which is which, but one is very small (14 gates roughly) and the other one is the main terminal - which is hundreds of gates... I am a big girl this time around any flying out of the big terminal. It just creeps me out... Granted there are more food choices, and tons of shopping areas in the big terminal... but I am a small town girl, and I really enjoy flying out of the little terminal - so much so, that when the girls and I were going to WDW - one of the main considerations for which carrier we flew is which terminal they flew out of. :rolleyes: Anyways - I can do this, I know I can. popcorn::

I am very happy, despite spending most of my day at Valleyfair (then coming home to take a nap - I was up most of the night before with my stupid rib pain)... I was able to get most of my next bag quilted. I have one more piece to quilt, then I can start on the applique. I also hope to work in my sewing room all day, so I can start assembly this evening. I know I won't finish the bag today - but I am hopeful that maybe I can finish it tomorrow morning? I have one more small project I want to start & finish before I leave for Charlotte. :woohoo:

I also need to head to the PO at some point today - I have a pkg to get in the mail. :rolleyes1

The girls are staying with my cousin until Tuesday... So, I should be able to get a lot accomplished.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! popcorn::

D~

IMG_6921.jpg

D~ <--- SHOCKED :eek: <--- Who was able to get up to my sewing room earlier than I thought, and knock out the rest of the bag this morning before work! :eek:

Awesome creations! I really loved Princess and the Frog. I still watch it every time it comes on the Disney Channel. Do you make your own korker ribbon? Man, do I hate doing that. I procrastinate that chore at all cost.

Miss D~

(me included!)

Nini

Guess I better bring a fabric marker so D~ can autograph my UPB. ;) How amazing would your Dumbo bag have been with that Dumbo dress during the launch?

I'll be more than happy to kidnap Nini on my way up. :)

Sounds like a busy week for you and I know it'll go by so quickly for me because I have so much to do before leaving for Charlotte! I should start making my list so I don't forget anything!!

Another very pretty bag!! Every bag down means your one step closer to mine!!! :rotfl2: Have a great trip to Charlotte!! Can't wait to see all the fun you ladies have!

Once again you have outdone yourself D, your Tiana bag is gorgous. I have to agree with a PP and not show it to my DD for she will be begging me for one. :lmao: I can't wait to see how your nails and hair turn out. I need to get in and get a trim myself soon, one of the pains of having short hair. I love going to he salon but with 4 kids I never seem to have time.:thumbsup2

Good for you doing something for YOU! You will have to post pics of the new hair and nails!

I am looking at going May11-19th 2013...my son will be in college this year, and he gets out on the 10th of May, so I figured that would be a good time to go. Depending on who joins us, we are looking at Art of Animation suite or POP. There are never cast member discounts for POFQ or they go very quickly! (would love to stay there again!) I am waiting on having my son settled at college before I make definitive plans. I honestly do not even know when his spring break is, but he will be in a program at school that does a lot of service projects and they do some during spring break (his junior and senior year he will get t go to Trinidad for free for a service project)...so I have a feeling we will not be able to go during spring breaks!

It is always so much fun to do DIS meets there! Some of my fondest memories are from a meet I did back in 2004!

Lynn

I am one of the people D was talking about who is going in May, but unfortunatly I am going at the end of the month and we will miss each other.:guilty: I know the other person D is talking about is planning on getting there on the 11th, so hopefully you will see her around.:thumbsup2

I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you. You were one of the great ladies who sent my kids pixie dust back in 2009 for my DS's Wish trip. My kids stil have some of the stuff you sent and remember the great people who helped make their first trip so special. :grouphug:

Once again you have outdone yourself D, your Tiana bag is gorgous. I have to agree with a PP and not show it to my DD for she will be begging me for one. :lmao: I can't wait to see how your nails and hair turn out. I need to get in and get a trim myself soon, one of the pains of having short hair. I love going to he salon but with 4 kids I never seem to have time.:thumbsup2

I am one of the people D was talking about who is going in May, but unfortunatly I am going at the end of the month and we will miss each other.:guilty: I know the other person D is talking about is planning on getting there on the 11th, so hopefully you will see her around.:thumbsup2

I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you. You were one of the great ladies who sent my kids pixie dust back in 2009 for my DS's Wish trip. My kids stil have some of the stuff you sent and remember the great people who helped make their first trip so special. :grouphug:

Of course I remember you! I still have the iron on DISigns I did for your trip...the Halloween ones were some of my favorite ones!

I am looking at those dates but have not made any reservations yet. I need to get my son settled in college and then we will look at firming up some dates.

Awesome creations! I really loved Princess and the Frog. I still watch it every time it comes on the Disney Channel. Do you make your own korker ribbon? Man, do I hate doing that. I procrastinate that chore at all cost.

Guess I better bring a fabric marker so D~ can autograph my UPB. ;) How amazing would your Dumbo bag have been with that Dumbo dress during the launch?

I'll be more than happy to kidnap Nini on my way up. :)

Sounds like a busy week for you and I know it'll go by so quickly for me because I have so much to do before leaving for Charlotte! I should start making my list so I don't forget anything!!

I do make my own korker ribbon... This time was pretty easy - I just made it up, and told V what to do with it, and she did the baking part. :thumbsup2

How about it you grab Nini now, then she can help you finish up everything that you need to get done. :laundy:

Another very pretty bag!! Every bag down means your one step closer to mine!!! :rotfl2: Have a great trip to Charlotte!! Can't wait to see all the fun you ladies have!

LOL Your bag is actually on my list that I am bringing with me, to see if I can find any additional fabric to accent it. :thumbsup2

Thanks Corri!!!

Of course I remember you! I still have the iron on DISigns I did for your trip...the Halloween ones were some of my favorite ones!

I am looking at those dates but have not made any reservations yet. I need to get my son settled in college and then we will look at firming up some dates.

It would be so awesome if you and Corri would get to meet. Clearly, after all these years she remembers everything you did for them Lynn... That would give me such warm fuzzies. You really do so much for others, and I am so happy that you are my friend. :grouphug:

I worked all day in my sewing room yesterday, and accomplished everything I wanted to. I hope to finish assembling this bag later this afternoon.

Then, I was trying to lay down for a few minutes yesterday, and I had a dream about another bag. :rolleyes: Of course, I couldn't sleep - so I had to get up and start cutting it out. Hopefully I will be able to finish it in time for Charlotte. I can't tell you all anything about it, because I want the people in Charlotte to be the first to see it... but I will show pictures when I get home. :thumbsup2

Today is my nail day... I need to do some Googling to see if there are any cute nail ideas out there?

I hope you all have a spectacular day!

D~

LOL!

While I might be ok with being kidnapped, I think hubby might be upset with spending our 35th anniversary alone!

I tried to convince him to make that our anniversary trip...but he wouldn't bite!

Nini

LOL!

While I might be ok with being kidnapped, I think hubby might be upset with spending our 35th anniversary alone!

I tried to convince him to make that our anniversary trip...but he wouldn't bite!

Nini

How about we leave him a ransom - so that he can take himself out for dinner. :thumbsup2 If he's a good sport about it - we'll let you Skype that day? LOL

D~

As promised - pictures of my nails for Charlotte...

IMG_6940.jpg

IMG_6939.jpg

I will say that they were a huge conversation piece in the salon - as they had never done anything like this before. :confused3 When I was all done, they made me walk around the salon to show everyone (I'd never seen any of these people in my life) - it was kind of embarassing, because I had to explain why I was doing the "Disney theme". I will also say that it was a LOT cheaper than I had budgeted for, and I was very happy about that.

D~

DMGeurts said:
As promised - pictures of my nails for Charlotte...

I will say that they were a huge conversation piece in the salon - as they had never done anything like this before. :confused3 When I was all done, they made me walk around the salon to show everyone (I'd never seen any of these people in my life) - it was kind of embarassing, because I had to explain why I was doing the "Disney theme". I will also say that it was a LOT cheaper than I had budgeted for, and I was very happy about that.

D~

Tooo cute! Love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter