Aug 2010

I'll just miss you. I'll be in WDW from 8/12-8/20.

We will be there Aug 15 to Aug 23
4 Nights at BLT and 4 nights at AKL
ME/ DH/ DS 10 and DD13

Sounds like a few of us will be there at the same time.:cheer2:

Does anyone know if the Wishes Dessert Event will still be available in August?

Mary Ellen

We thought long and hard about Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think it's definitely a future resort. In the end we went with Contemporary because we could to the Magic Kingdom and back quickly. Especially if we fail to recognize tired toddler warning signs before it's too late. No one wants a 30 minute bus ride with a screaming child on it. If she's screaming while we walk back to Contemporary other people can slow down or speed up to get away from it. Still I envy your resort.

My sisters and I will be there Aug. 8-14th...just changed our reservations from December. Can't wait, we're also going to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! :banana:

Disney Dude!! We'll be there too (at WL)!! almost there...:yay:

Cool! :) It doesn't look like a lot of people have posted here for August. The last time we went to WDW, 3 years ago, Disers would set up meets where you could meet up somewhere and say hi to fellow Dis-ers. :) I wonder if they anyone is still doing that? It was fun to meet others from here.

They also use to have 4 little crocs that people would take around at WDW. Families would take pics of the crocs at differents places and then post the pics here. Before they left, they'd pass the crocs off to another family who was just arriving at WDW. I even set up a meet where all 4 of the crocs, and their "families", met up at Epcot one night. Unfortunately, my croc didn't make it, but it was still fun. I did find that croc thread but it looks like that died off last year. :(

:banana:taking advantage of kids free. we will be there aug 1-5. staying at port orleans river. am so excited, the resort looks beautiful.

:banana:taking advantage of kids free. we will be there aug 1-5. staying at port orleans river. am so excited, the resort looks beautiful.

Nice. We stayed at POR a few years back. You may already have all of this taken care of, but if you are staying in the "mansion" section, try and get the Magnolia bldg. It's close to a 24 hour pool, laundry room and a bus stop.

Cool! :) It doesn't look like a lot of people have posted here for August. The last time we went to WDW, 3 years ago, Disers would set up meets where you could meet up somewhere and say hi to fellow Dis-ers. :) I wonder if they anyone is still doing that? It was fun to meet others from here.

That's probably because we're all subscribed to the thread that reads "The Official August 2010 Thread" Here's the most updated list (Thanks to dolfinjuls WHO IS AMAZING! :worship:) The most updated August List by dolfinjuls

Hi DISers,

Looks like WDW will be full of DISers this August. I thought it would be a good idea to organize a Dole Whip meet over at the Polynesian. It's always nice to have a chance to meet new DISers for the first time, or see some familiar faces. What better way then over a refreshing Dole Whip:tongue: which is 1 snack credit. If you'd like to join us please post here with the time that best suits your plans. I'll add your name to the list.
We'll see if we can all agree on a time.

Hope to see you on Saturday, August 7th.

Celebration - DISers Dole Whip Meet
Location - Captain Cook's, The Polynesian Resort

Date - Saturday, August 7th
Time - tentative 2pm

Attending:

DebºoºS & DISKid
camsmomE & family
wdwfreeksince88 & DW

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

This DVC "Gamecock" Family will be in Disney August 2-6. Short trip before I go back to work the next week at school....ugh.

It will be the last "hurrah" before the school year starts. Can't think of a better way to spend the last week than in "the world" with fellow Vacation clubbers.

Staying at Saratoga Springs. First stay there.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wiza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter